Newbie 1013(GAME OVER!|Scum win!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by AClockworkMelon »

Civil Scum wrote:Okay, well, if answering your questions, or trying to convince you I didn't have any motives for this or that I'm not scum, is jerking you around.
Civil Scum wrote:You're tired of your one point that doesn't mean I'm scum? Well, not sure why that would be.
Those are examples of strawmen arguments.
"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast." Oscar Wilde
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:52 pm

And I particularly enjoy how Name and Zero are online and clearly following the conversation (they both asked about my "claim") and yet neither feels the urge to actually comment on the discussion at hand. I know it's tempting to just sit on the sidelines and let me and Civil hurl shit at each other while you wait for the dust to settle instead of risking having the spotlight shined on you but that's really not going to fly.
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by nameloc1986 »

Hey now, I keep going back and forth between the conversation at hand and my ISO of Civil (which is growing because of this conversation). Relax, I'll say my peace soon enough.
Town Record: 2 - 3
Scum Record: 1 - 0
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:59 pm

I'm relaxed.
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:17 pm

Post by nameloc1986 »

ISO of Civil:

First 11 posts: RVS, fluff, jokes and smalltalk
Civil's Post #11 wrote:
Ellibereth wrote: Bad logic is bad.
You're basing Clock as biggest possible thread off of one game too? >.>
I agree with Ant, on the basis of almost 3 games. Add to this that his town-meta had Holycon mixed up last game, and I can see why. I think the actual debate, if there is to be one, is whether or not his benefit as town outweighs the risks.
Are we really going to suggest voting ACM just for being a threat? That sounds like the opposite of policy lynch. Of course you don't vote for him being a threat, but rather whether or not you think he's town or scum. Granted reading a "threat" player is like reading an "idiot".......hard! But if he's a mafia veteran and he's pro-town, then we'll be able to see it in some way I think.

Post # 12: This is a justified concern. I really don't like the extent that Ellibereth was being mysterious. I see that this is his meta, but it's really frikin annoying and I don't how it gets the town anywhere.

Post # 13 & 14: sorta fluff

Post #15: thinks Park had missed his questions
Civil's Post #16 wrote:I also was curipous as to why Parknouise is so concerned with other's people's habits and not his own.
Isn't this mafia we are playing?

Post #17: The "parts" and "bits" discussion.......please NO!

Post # 18: Part of this seem to come out of no where, not much justifying on his part. But it's also not to far from the RVS that it's almost acceptable.

Post # 19, 20 & 21: Revolved around Park not addressing his concern, then follows the whole mixup of whom Civil asked a question. Nothing real telling here.

Post # 22: More concerning Park and Elli not answering his concern. Then continuing the awkward "parts" and "bits" discussion.

Post #23: Jumps from talking about Mike to Elli to Mike.

Post #24: Admits 23 was confusing. FOS's MAD without explaining.

Post #25: Explains his vote on Park was because of unanswered questions, then thinks ACM is calling himself lazy by not checking up on Doubt.

Post #26: More on the laziness talk.

Post #27: Filled with a lot of insightful discussion, but nothing to implicate town or scum.

Post #28: This is what's interesting and what I pointed out before. He FOS's Ant with ZERO reasoning. Most of this post was referring to ACM.

Post #29: Nothing real relevant here...

Post #30: simply fluff
Civil's Post #31 wrote:I know you're not Ant, but I intend to look into him in the near future.

Gladly I will (Is that a tactic to snip the quote in half? A scum hunting tactic? or something else?) In the first part of the quote that isn't there, I said that you should have been more concerned with Ellibereth on that point. Because, it was his and because he was using it to base his vote on. I discussed it because I brought it up, but I hadn't thought much of it, and I was just saying how that's Ellibereth's game you're playing into, taking the issue up with me now after bringing up his point. Maybe I shouldn't have been guessing, but it was fairly obvious what Ellibereth was getting at in the quote, and on this page he admitted that it was obvious, and that the "lack of effort" was basically the same obvious point he was getting at -I trust, at least, that he's not lying about that.
Here he says he FOS'd Ant for a further look. So pretty much you IGMEOY'd him. Then continues on with the whole "Ellibereth game plan" discussion. Since you didn't use actual quotes and such, I had a hard time following it. I didn't think Ellibereth's strategy was obvious at all until he admitted it. His whole plan confused me, but maybe I'll better understand when I do his ISO.
Civil's Post #32 wrote:
Holycon wrote: i want to know more about that fos
ACM wrote: It seemed strange that you'd talk about me in the entire post and then, without any segue or explanation mention that you were FOSing Ant. Tbh I figured you'd meant to type "ACM" and your FOSing him was a typo.
I can understand why you guys think that is strange.
But I was discussing Elli's point.
I didn't say that I thought it was scummy, or that ACM is scummy.
Can you please quote Elli's point then? I looked for it, couldn't find it. This seems to me an attempt to avoid the point of not explaining his FOS on Ant.
Civil's Post #32 continued wrote:I feel like Holycon is reaching around a little. Her usage of meta, to justisfy her suspicion of Ant, is a little premature and less than convincing. I think you need more than "they're not posting as much." That could be caused by too many things not related to their meta. (irl, less interest in the game atm, confusion, etc). Now that I think about it, I can see why the "this isn't easy" comment from Ant could be scummy. That was good point, so the jury's out on Holycon.
This needs more looking into from me, will comment later.

Rest of Post #32: I find your ISO & FOS of Doubtful was reasonable. I wish I could have gotten more into his head when he said what he said here.

Post #33: Correction of something from #32

Posts #34-37: Park rant!

Post #38: Then unvotes him. Says he voted him initially to punish him. Says he didn't like the sound of MAD's posting.

Post #39: Edits #38

Post #40: Says Elli's question for me is a good one. Pushes for more activity before deadline.

Post #41: To me this just comes across as fluff.

Post #42: complete fluff

Post #43: I agree with most everything here.

Post #44: Points out a contradiction of Holy's
from Civil's Post #45 wrote:I liked that he was voting Parknourie, so I dropped it.
That's a crappy reason for dropping a suspicion. Especially since you didn't have a good reason in the first place.

Post #46: If you said what you meant, then it was way lost in translation

Post #47: Are you frikin serious? You're voting for me because YOU can't explain yourself well!
Civil's Post #48 wrote:
ACM wrote: I like how you throw FOSs and votes at anyone who takes issue with your behavior.
Wow, ACM, this is bull shit. "My behavior" = the one Fos ??? This is the only thing anyone's
got
on me, and it's god damn NOTHING. NOTHING. But I see how horribly scummy it is, for someone to get frustrated with the one lousy mark against them...and then get accused of OMGUS'y type behavior.

Anyways, as nice as it was for you to assume this here, everything in that post is fairly serious.
I didn't realize it would be horrible
It's very nice of you to assume that. I'd have you know that
Dude why the 'tude? ACM may have stretched here, but your vote for me is still mystery, just like your FOS of Ant.

Post #49: Already commented on.

Post #50: explains her FOS on her accusers and says she didn't think her FOS on Ant was strange [O RLY?]
Civil's post #51 wrote:Sure is, but just because I didn't provide an explanation doesn't mean I don't have them.
Doesn't mean it's not suspicious.
post 51 cont. wrote:It might be the coincidence that the people who have mentioned my-FoS'ing are the most active and the most-discussed (targets) of the other active players. That could be the coincidence, I really don't know.
Don't see how this is relevant to anything.
post 51 cont. wrote:I'm also waiting for MAD to come back, and ZeroFang to complete his read-up. I might as well
Fos: MAD
, but I don't want to go into it right now.
why not?

Post #52: mostly fluff

Post #53: fair enough (find's most people suspcious)
Civil states the obvious wrote:I never provided my rationale for the original Fos. I provided a rationale for having "un-Fos'ed" him later. So no, I never justified the Fos after the fact.
*facepalm* Why didn't you admit this earlier??

The rest of Post #54 is blah, blah, blah

Post #55: Already replied too.

Post #56: fair question it seems

Post #57: blah, blah, blah

Post #58: touche

Post #59: I don't get this
Civil's Post #60 wrote:You do realize you still don't have anything on me right?
Not entirely true
Post #60 continued wrote:While a frighteningly weak argument for me being scummy, this is a great move for you if you were scum, makes a possible later vote for you look like OMGUS from me. Pretty Slick.
The WIFOM here is pretty obvious. FAIL.

Post #61: more blah, blah, blah
Civil's Post #62 wrote:I think you're the one who's pedantry has clouded
his
judgement. Your pedantry about FoS'ing. Really, that's where this all started.
Explain this please. Who his?

Post #63: the word game argument here is making my head hurt

Post #64: even more blah, blah, blah and I still don't know what a strawman argument is LOL

Summary of Civil after ISO:

Reading Civil is not easy because he jumps around from point to point and doesn't adequately quote people. I'm willing to excuse his FOS of Ant, even though it came out of nowhere. However, I don't believe he was justified with his vote on me. I also don't like his manner of arguments and defense. He suggests that we have NOTHING on him as him he has been perfect this whole game. He owns up to his mistakes after we relentlessly pestered him about it. My scum reading on him though still feels more like a townie, who just hasn't explained himself well. I don't want to rule out the possibility that he is scum though. For now, I'll give him a strong
FOS
and a
IGMEOY
!
Town Record: 2 - 3
Scum Record: 1 - 0
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:44 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

ACM wrote:
Civil Scum wrote: Okay, well, if answering your questions, or trying to convince you I didn't have any motives for this or that I'm not scum, is jerking you around.
Civil Scum wrote: You're tired of your one point that doesn't mean I'm scum? Well, not sure why that would be.
Those are examples of strawmen arguments.
1st- My point was that it would have been pointless for me to continue discussing this with you. Not exactly an argument that needs to be straw-manned. And once again, your quoting is obscuring the actual context. 'If my trying to explain myself was "jerking the town around" (please), then why even bother responding to you?' Allow me to reiterate-> not an argument that needs to be straw-manned. You are out of bounds! Playing out-of-bounds.

2nd- A little, but also in the interest of getting in the last word, and of trying to be "snarky" about your case. That's not the only issue I took with your vote and the case. It was just one of many comments. Clearly. I had already tried to explain and defend myself. I made that comment after the discussion deteriorated and it was obviously not the only thing I had to say on the issue. It is a straw-man type comment, but it wasn't any sort of factor in my defense, so I can hardly see how it qualifies as strawmanning. If that type of posting were the bulk of my response to you on the subject, then I would be strawmanning, seriously.

I will say that you were not bothered at all last game by the ways I defend myself. I made some "jerky" comments and you let them slide without any further attention. The reason you are getting much more, is becase

But, maybe that's some type of buddying strategy. You only need one or two townies who really think you are town, to win the game. Why did anyone who didn't gradually die over every night? Well, who knows, that's all WIFOM.
ACM wrote: And I particularly enjoy how Name and Zero are online and clearly following the conversation (they both asked about my "claim") and yet neither feels the urge to actually comment on the discussion at hand...
I just thought they were waiting for us to punch ourselves into exhaustion, and then step in and steal our wallets.

Seriously the Fos-thing, and the appearance of OMGUS behavior in a very vague, spacious, and unsure-footed game, are the most suspicious things here? I think you're paying too much attention to me because I'm arguing with you (or trying to defend myself against wrongful accusations).
Nameloc wrote: My scum reading on [Civil] though still feels more like a townie, who just hasn't explained himself well.
Even Nameloc doesn't agree with you :/
Nameloc wrote: I don't want to rule out the possibility that he is scum though. For now, I'll give him a strong FOS and a IGMEOY!
Well, not "yet" anyways...

Wow, Nameloc...that is very...thorough. Now, where are the other 6? :P

I will get back to you on this, but after a quick scanning, I see that you have stuck pretty close to the fence.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:09 pm

Civil Scum wrote:Not exactly an argument that needs to be straw-manned.
Buh?
Civil Scum wrote:And once again, your quoting is obscuring the actual context.
I didn't obscure anything.
Civil Scum wrote:I will say that you were not bothered at all last game by the ways I defend myself. I made some "jerky" comments and you let them slide without any further attention.
I don't care how "jerky" you get. I don't remember ever complaining about your being a jerk.
Civil Scum wrote:But, maybe that's some type of buddying strategy.
Buh?
Civil Scum wrote:Why did anyone who didn't gradually die over every night? Well, who knows, that's all WIFOM.
What are you talking about? The last game we played only lasted one day. You've been around the block, you should know how fruitless nightkill speculation is. Are you now trying to speculate on a night phase that hasn't even happened yet? And I like the "Well, who knows, that's all WIFOM". Then don't even mention it. You're like a sleazy prosecutor accusing a witness and smirking at the jury with a tap on your nose when the judge tells them to disregard it.
Civil wrote:Seriously the Fos-thing, and the appearance of OMGUS behavior in a very vague, spacious, and unsure-footed game, are the most suspicious things here?
Even Nameloc agrees with me. He's got an FOS on you. :/
Civil Scum wrote:
Nameloc wrote: My scum reading on [Civil] though still feels more like a townie, who just hasn't explained himself well.
Even Nameloc doesn't agree with you :/
So what? Why should his approval or disapproval of my opinion have any bearing on my suspicions? I don't know his alignment so I'm going to ignore his opinion. What I'll listen to is evidence that he presents.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:02 am

Post by Civil Scum »

MAD, Elli, Zerofang, hullo!

ACM: Well, I was still your number 2 or 3 before you had come up with any of this. You neatly avoided that by attacking every next word that came out of my mouth. Which you think is going to work, but it's distracting from the fact I just mentioned.

Was it just coincidence that the person you put at #2.5 for very minor things, was the person you ended up going after? Did you FoS me for no reason or something? At first maybe, did you do that? And then maybe you looked too hard? Hmm?

The "Buh's", was it not making sense or what. I don't know what Buh means.

Nameloc: I'm not sure which I should comment on or which points I should/need to/want to reply to. Were there any specific things you wanted me to answer or explain?

Was there some other reason, for your apparent abandoning of the ISO approach, than the time it would take?
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:08 am

Post by Ellibereth »

I'M TRYING TO SKIM THROUGH THIS BUT WALLS OF TEXTS ARE LIKE EVIL ROADBLOCKS.
Is the only reason people think you're scum unexplained FoS's or did I miss something. >.>
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:09 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Civil Scum wrote:
Ellibereth wrote: Okay he was prodded on the 4th with no reply but he's still posting elsewhere.
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN.
I wrote: Elli, you're asking that question, but you believe you know the answer?
MY VOTE SPEAKETH FOR ME.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:13 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Still catching up, but as a note, we should try to end the day soon, like before pg. 20 at least.
Too many pages D1 is baaad.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Ellibereth »

ZeroFang wrote:
Civil Scum wrote:That infuriates me to the point where I don't even care if he's scum or not. Fuck his bullshit.

confirm vote:L Parknourie
Ellibereth wrote:http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/search.p ... 4&sr=posts
DIE
UNVOTE, VOTE PARK
I understand my replacee was ridiculous, but I encourage you all to A) use logic to deduce who's scum, not anger, B) judge me on my own merit, not his (he was lurking the whole game anyway), and C) not vote out the lurkers just because they lurk. Lynching lurkers catches lurkers, not scum.
HI SCUM.
I see your name show up in MD a lot. Have you ever commented on a thread on lurkers there.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:28 am

Post by Ellibereth »

I have to finish this later.
FLASH OF GREEN
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:11 am

Civil Scum wrote:ACM: Well, I was still your number 2 or 3 before you had come up with any of this. You neatly avoided that by attacking every next word that came out of my mouth. Which you think is going to work, but it's distracting from the fact I just mentioned.
Are you on crazy pills? You
were
my #2-3. I don't know if you remember, but I put you at the same level of suspicion as Holycon being vague. It was minor stuff. But when I posted that you were my #2-3 you completely lost your shit. Now you're my #1.
Civil Scum wrote:Was it just coincidence that the person you put at #2.5 for very minor things, was the person you ended up going after? Did you FoS me for no reason or something? At first maybe, did you do that? And then maybe you looked too hard? Hmm?
See above.
Civil Scum wrote:The "Buh's", was it not making sense or what. I don't know what Buh means.
It means that whatever I was quoting was too stupid to come up with a proper response for.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:17 am

Civil Scum wrote:Was it just coincidence that the person you put at #2.5 for very minor things, was the person you ended up going after? Did you FoS me for no reason or something? At first maybe, did you do that? And then maybe you looked too hard? Hmm?
Was it just coincidence that the person who put you at #2.5 and then at #1 is the person
you
ended up going after? Are you a little OMGUS goblin (note that unlike what you're saying, I didn't FOS you or anyone- make that twice that you "misremember" things)? Hmm?
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

If you are going to maintain that those were instances of me strawmanning, then perhaps I've grossly overestimated you.

I guess I'm done posting until anyone else is going to be playing the game as well.
ZeroFang
ZeroFang
Goon
ZeroFang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by ZeroFang »

mikemike778 wrote:
Ant_to_the_max wrote:@Everyone: I want to take a poll. What is everyone's thoughts right now on Civil.
Seems the most pro-town player here to me so far.
You can't just say this without backing up your answer. Generally, it's important to provide reasons for why you think the things you think. Otherwise it could be construed as you blindly trying to defend someone, which of course is a pretty scummy thing to do.
ACM wrote: In what meaningful way was that different than asking for your top two suspects?
ACM, you pulled off a classic "ask lots of questions to see what everyone's thoughts are without giving up any info myself". That's generally a scum move. This section of the game needs more attention.
Civil Scum wrote:You don't catch scums with laziness...
Civil, I find this ironic considering your useless FoS's which do nothing but poorly express suspicion without explanation.
ZeroFang
ZeroFang
Goon
ZeroFang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by ZeroFang »

nameloc1986 wrote:
ZeroFang wrote:
judge me on my own merit, not his
(he was lurking the whole game anyway)
You say we shouldn't judge you because of him. But what if something he said or did is scum tell and he/you turns out scum? Are you saying we should ignore everything he did?
No, but since he was lurking it doesn't really matter. I'm not responsible for him lurking and completely ignoring this game while spamming another. It doesn't make sense, and I really don't know what he thinks he was doing. If you found that scummy, than feel free to use it against me, but note that it's been proven again and again that scum flake out at the same ratio town do. It's a null tell at best.
AClockworkMelon wrote:
Civil Scum wrote:While a frighteningly weak argument for me being scummy
Contradictions, word games, doubling back, a refusal to take clear stances, pedantry, etc. I don't think it's a weak argument and I don't think the other players will disagree. But you can keep building whatever strawmen suit your purposes.
Mr. Logical Fallacy, you're ignoring your own.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_fa ... _verbosity

And you incorrectly identified a strawman too. He didn't make your argument weaker. He pointed out that you had none, which is a metaphoric way of saying your case is bullshit. Nothing you have said thus far has convinced me CS is scum, and your main beef with him appears to be his FoS's. He's using FoS's incorrectly, or at least inefficiently. That doesn't tell us
anything
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

I am still playing in the mud of everything that just went down. As for Park, yes, his other game finished, and yes he was scum in that game. What that means is...nothing. Although we can take logical stabs at it and come up to our own conclusions on what it could mean...
Lemme finish deciding where I want to stand on things and I'll post again in a bit
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:02 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Ok...first off, this whole thing about the FoS crap...is crap. Civil just stated his current thoughts/feelings and later just brushed them off. Other people have done that this game, the only difference is they didn't always attach the FoS tag on them.

Although, reading through that argument, a thought occurred to me. Both Civil and Clock could be scum, and this could be one huge distancing argument for them. But, this is a moot point right now because we do not know for 100% sure that one of them is scum. I just wanted to bring this up right now for possible use later.

On the flip side, they could both be duking it out as two townies headbutting over a very minor thing. A perfect opportunity for wagons and arguments to be made while the scum stay on the sideline. At least Mike and Holycon have been on and have yet to post on the argument. I have been trying to think on who the scum would be if both Civil and Clock are town, but I really don't feel comfortable with my process of elimination and who I narrow it down to because I lack any sort of case on them other than "they just get the short end of the stick"

The one last option I have come up with, is a Nameloc/Clock scum team. So far the two people Nameloc has ISO'd so far have been the two people Clock has voted for. I'm calling it as a very subtle way of agreeing with Clock and trying to have a wagon gain speed. There isn't much to judge Doubtful from, but from the few posts, I noticed he did a couple of those "Quote everyone and ask all questions" kinda thing, where a scum from another game did that.

I feel like this is the best I have, and I will stick with it for now.
VOTE: nameloc1986
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
MAD Scientist
MAD Scientist
Townie
MAD Scientist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:20 pm

Post by MAD Scientist »

And now, folks, it's... MAD's long-awaited player list!

To try to avoid a wall of text miles long, I'm just going to write people's iso numbers instead of quoting, which means you have to look it up... sorry!

holycon: doesn't seem to be paying a lot of attention to this game. She has made several mistakes about what's happening in the game:
1. iso #15 where she gets confused about to whom Elli is directing his questions
2. iso #24, in which the reasons behind her top two suspects are very weak (but making a strong case against anyone at that point would be challenging). However, she seems to think that her arguments are perfectly fine, when I think they aren't substantial enough to justify a vote.
3. her iso #44 directly contradicts iso #25. Which is strange...

AClockworkMelon: he's gotten hung up in arguments with Civil Scum twice during this game
1. The first time was when ACM asked about Doubtful's experience and he and Civil blew that discussion way out of proportion (molehills are still molehills, folks)
2. The second time is about Civil's use of the term "FOS"
ACM first stated that Civil was his second or third choice for "top suspect," then moves Civil up to the number one slot after Civil over-reacted to ACM's argument. Then ACM votes for Civil, but then he says that he's not very confident about his argument. Could this be a way for ACM to distance himself from Civil without committing to anything?
His only other case is against Ant, and that's pretty weak, too

Civil Scum: the compleat list of FOS's
1. iso #24: FOS on MAD
2. iso #28: " on Ant
3. iso #32: " on Doubtful
4. iso #47: " on ACM and holycon
5. iso #51: " on MAD (again)
Other notes on Civil: argues with ACM but also says ACM isn't scummy (iso #s 20 and 27; also #32); then goes off on a rant against ACM (iso #48 to end); could this also be a scum buddy trying to distance but not incriminate?
Also, he decides that Elli and Ant aren't suspicious because they agree with him about Park, which seems like pretty flimsy reasoning to me.

Ellibereth: his most suspicious action is when he threw out the hints about his argument against ACM and then sat back to let the other players guess. It could have been that he was trying to find ACM's scum-buddy (which is what he claims), or it could have been simply letting others make the argument for him. I also find it hypocritical that he was infuriated by park's lurking when Elli himself has basically been "actively lurking" by not producing anything useful to the town. Perhaps your posts have been useful to you, but unless you provide us with more information they aren't very helpful to the rest of us townspeople.

Ant_to_the_max: hasn't contributed a lot, but stated that he prefers keeping information to himself while he tests his theories, so he's pretty consistent. At the beginning he was fairly active, but then his participation dropped off. He likes to have other people's thoughts on players (e.g. iso #'s 6 and 14), which could be a way of driving discussion or a way of asking other people to make his arguments for him (like Ellibereth, whom he supported)

nameloc1986: started off with an awkward way of saying that he was going to look at Doubtful's play (which consisted of 10 posts... how difficult can that iso be to study?). So far he has done two iso's, one of me and one of Civil. The iso of Civil wasted a bunch of time on restating Civil's posts, which I think could have been left out. I would have only posted the summary, which was reasonable.

mikemike778: I definitely approve of iso #7 (yay for ice cream!), but he hasn't produced anything very helpful to the town. If he posted his thoughts on other people's discussions, not just the questions that are directed to him, it would be easier to get a read on him. But I know that's tricky in your first game...

Doubtful: nothing in all his 10 posts stood out as particularly scummy

parknourie: seemed uninterested in this game from the start. Any speculation about his role in this game seems pointless, however, since at this stage we can only guess

Based on all this, I feel that Civil is the most suspicious player right now. He has over-reacted twice to minor points, he hasn't produced anything very helpful, and his FOS's could be a way to try to appear to actively scum-hunt without doing any actual work. Hence, VOTE: Civil Scum
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:43 pm

ZeroFang wrote:Mr. Logical Fallacy, you're ignoring your own.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_fa ... _verbosity
Unless you can provide that the things I accused him aren't so, you've got nothing.
ZeroFang wrote:And you incorrectly identified a strawman too.
He said "Okay, well, if answering your questions, or trying to convince you I didn't have any motives for this or that I'm not scum, is jerking you around" as if my stated beef with him was that he was answering my questions. Of course, it's easy enough to proceed from there and claim suggest that it's silly for me to be taking an issue with that. The problem is that my beef with him
wasn't
that he was answering my questions. Civil has been slippery as a fucking snake all throughout this game and I don't like it.
ZeroFang wrote:ACM, you pulled off a classic "ask lots of questions to see what everyone's thoughts are without giving up any info myself". That's generally a scum move. This section of the game needs more attention.
I was asking those questions because the game had stalled and I was trying to produce activity. If anyone had any questions regarding my thoughts I would have been more than happy to answer them, but they didn't.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:52 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

MAD wrote: He has over-reacted twice to minor points, he hasn't produced anything very helpful, and his FOS's could be a way to try to appear to actively scum-hunt without doing any actual work.
Really, just once. I haven't produced anything helpful? Could you explain that more please?

Actual work??? ...nice first post-RVS effort, MAD.
MAD wrote: Also, he decides that Elli and Ant aren't suspicious because they agree with him about Park, which seems like pretty flimsy reasoning to me.
I was overlooking them to deal with Parknourie. I, in no way, said that I didn't think they weren't suspicious because of that. I didn't think that either. It was flimsy, but so was that Fos. So...
MAD wrote: Civil: argues with ACM but also says ACM isn't scummy (iso #s 20 and 27; also #32);
Not thinking that so much anymore.

Alright let me explain what I'm doing here:

vote: MAD

Fos: Hoylcon, ACM, Zerofang

It's like a list really. Though it's different if you Fos them individually instead of listing your suspicions/reads.

ACM, you pushed a lousy point (That you put me at #2 with), and you got a lousy response. Welcome to your case.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:53 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Sorry, I meant Nameloc, not Zerofang.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:13 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Nameloc wrote: Civil states the obvious:
Civil Scum wrote: I never provided my rationale for the original Fos. I provided a rationale for having "un-Fos'ed" him later. So no, I never justified the Fos after the fact.
*facepalm* Why didn't you admit this earlier??
It only came up because, right before that, ACM had laid it out incorrectly. Which was interesting because he was using it as reasoning for his suspicion of me. Afterwards, he didn't seem to care that he was rememebering things incorrectly.

Again, questions on things in the ISO?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”