Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2350 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by Ythan »

Fishythefish wrote:..I floundered briefly..
lol! Aw Charlie beat me to it. :(
Seems obvious, but I'd very much guess that the "Colombian" thing doesn't signify two mafiates here.
Doesn't?
Rhinox wrote:Anyways, anyone have any thoughts on the significance of chrono's vote going to ythan? My first instinct in this game was to policy lynch whoever the scum send their vote to to ensure scum never send their vote to other scum, but after thinking about it some more I'm not sure its the best strategy.
Not only have we been over this but "Hey scum send your votes to town so Rhinox will PL them" is stupid. Plus make a commitment, don't just field the idea because nobody else has mentioned it today and wait for someone else to take a stand.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2351 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:46 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Doesn't. Given only one kill a night (with exception of known invented kill), it's practically certain we have only one killing faction. An antitown non-killing faction is possible but very rare indeed (particularly one which would presumably be called a "mafia"), so I think it's more likely the mod just gave the mafia a country name to keep us guessing.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #2352 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:57 pm

Post by Ythan »

A city name, actually. But yeah. If there is another mafia then can one of its members confirm?
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2353 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:16 pm

Post by Charlie »

Very busy at the moment. Colombo is the capital of Sri Lanka.
Kindness
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #2354 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:18 pm

Post by Ythan »

Ythan wrote:If there is another mafia then can one of its members confirm?
Charlie wrote:Very busy at the moment.
HM.
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #2355 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:15 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

Ohai. Guess who's still scum.

Vote: Plum

Can't really muster up a crap about this game right now; too busy working on writing mini theme flavour etc.

Real post tomorrow, maybe.

Agree with whoever said we shouldn't just policy lynch whoever a scum vote goes to, but ehhhhh. Didn't like Ythan much to begin with; like him even less now with like 6 votes on a meh player. Seems fishy. If he is town though maybe scum will feel forced to kill him to try to get the votes passed to scum. Should leave him alive for at least today to see what happens. Ythan should definitely make sure his will is updated, at any rate.
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2356 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:09 am

Post by Fishythefish »

For my part, people who get scum's votes go up a bit in my suspicions. They will probably tend to give their votes to their partners more than the average. It's not lynchworthy, obviously, but it will play a part in my decisions for the rest of the game.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2357 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:47 am

Post by Battousai »

Kmd- I like how you failed to analyze on the NK wifom yet, just like I said you wouldn't do yesterday. The whole fact that you even used it, and the fact that you are not a noob, tells me you are scum. Yes, nk analysis can be useful, but when you pick only 1 possibility for a person's NK before looking into their posts to see why they were killed is stupid. Doing the exact same thing for every single NK with the exact same reason is asinine. You, as town, would not reasonably think that you could gather any information at all. As scum, you just wanted to look like you were contributing but were just cranking out information until the day ended.

Also, your analysis, though quick, of yesterday's wagon is laughable. You seriously can't analyze the wagon the way you did. Plum and Chrono were just about even until the last few votes. It was perfectly reasonable to believe that Plum could have been lynched over Chrono. Yes, scum would have switched to a Plum wagon to avoid it, but you can't say that until you have a Plum flip. If they are both scum, then the scum would want to lynch the teammate that would become more of a liability later.

You say that you doubt all the scum would buss their partner, but you didn't even list any of the Chrono voters as possible bussers. None. Holy and fishy could have easily been bussing, and so could nacho since anyone of reasonable intelligence would think that you would vote chrono to save Plum. After you voted it was almost guaranteed chrono would be lynched as Chrono would have 10 votes to Plum's 7. If Plum/Chrono cross voted, it would be 11 to 10 and since charlie would sheep Kmd, would be 12 to 10.

The fact that you call those who were on the rival wagon as most likely scum, is just wrong. You have to have a Plum flip to determine if they were scum-scum wagon or town-scum wagons.

Kmd is making town actions that result in scum benefits (wagon analysis that doesn't take into account reasons for voting, erroneous NK analysis/IIoA, the fact he has me/ythan/rhinox as most likely scum but choose to focus on the person with 1 vote even though we are most likely near lylo). That is how decent scum play. They make moves that they expect to be interpreted as reasonable town play, even though it resulted to benefit scum. The fact that there wasn't a NK really tells me that the scum is almost out of town players to kill that give off a town vibe. If at least one of the scum falls into the category of "giving off a town vibe," lets call him Kmd, they can't kill him and they can't kill of one of the last townies that give off a town vibe as it would become suspicious later that "Kmd" is still alive and has multiple votes. To all of the town, I beg of you. Do not listen to those who defend Kmd's actions. They could be his partners trying to defend their most "townie" partner. Look at what I said, then think. Really think. Is Kmd scum? You have to figure this out for yourself, don't allow others to influence the decision as they may have alterior motives. And when you do think about it, and you should, you will realize that Kmd
is
scum.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2358 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:41 am

Post by Plum »

Batt, smart people do NK WIFOM analysis. Hascow and Mr. Flay claim to do it - not that they necessarily talk about it, but they do it. And sometimes it's useful.
Battousai wrote:Also, your analysis, though quick, of yesterday's wagon is laughable. You seriously can't analyze the wagon the way you did. Plum and Chrono were just about even until the last few votes. It was perfectly reasonable to believe that Plum could have been lynched over Chrono. Yes, scum would have switched to a Plum wagon to avoid it, but you can't say that until you have a Plum flip. If they are both scum, then the scum would want to lynch the teammate that would become more of a liability later.
So, out of me and Chrono, I'm less likely to be a liability? Oh? Hm? Why? Oh, because in some circles I'm considered a decent/good player in ways that Chrono maybe isn't (justifiably or not)? Possible. If my scummate was going down and was the main counterwagon and I thought I was more important to the team and I should survive, would I not have been more likely to either vote Chronopie, play more consistently and post more often to avoid getting lynched later on, or, come to think of it, both? Scream WIFOM all you like, but you can reason through some and go with gut or a more logical conclusion or meta or whatever and come out with an answer. But you don't seem to be taking that into much account.

Kmd likes wagon analysis in general. It's not always right, but him doing it doesn't by itself indicate an ill motive at all. His MO generally doesn't account for things like reasons for voting or whatever - it's brute and crude but in quantity and with practice it can be a useful addition to the toolbox, at least for him. Framing him as scum for doing something null-Kmd is atrocious.

People asking about a brief suspicion of Kmd I had a Day or two ago - it was based on a look-over for anomalous reactions to the Ythan/Richard struggle. Given that it looked like a likely one-scum-one-Town situation and scum would be more likely to subconsciously say/do things indicative of knowledge that it was Town-on-Town (not necessarily true, but likely, especially as I looked at it at the time). Kmd's reaction was the only one which strongly and immediately condemned Ythan. Later reevaluations marked this notice inconclusive at best.
Battousai wrote: Kmd is making town actions that result in scum benefits (wagon analysis that doesn't take into account reasons for voting, erroneous NK analysis/IIoA, the fact he has me/ythan/rhinox as most likely scum but choose to focus on the person with 1 vote even though we are most likely near lylo). That is how decent scum play. They make moves that they expect to be interpreted as reasonable town play, even though it resulted to benefit scum. The fact that there wasn't a NK really tells me that the scum is almost out of town players to kill that give off a town vibe. If at least one of the scum falls into the category of "giving off a town vibe," lets call him Kmd, they can't kill him and they can't kill of one of the last townies that give off a town vibe as it would become suspicious later that "Kmd" is still alive and has multiple votes. To all of the town, I beg of you. Do not listen to those who defend Kmd's actions. They could be his partners trying to defend their most "townie" partner. Look at what I said, then think. Really think. Is Kmd scum? You have to figure this out for yourself, don't allow others to influence the decision as they may have alterior motives. And when you do think about it, and you should, you will realize that Kmd
is
scum.
Blatant paranoia-mongering rhetoric. This is idiotic.

VOTE: Battousai
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2359 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by Battousai »

Plum- Just wanted to post this in case I forget:

NK analysis- Your point is heresay. Even if it is true, which I'm sure it is, Kmd is not doing the same type of analysis. They look at the person NK'd, and then try and determine a probable reason for being killed. Kmd is looking at the NK'd person, and determining WHO would kill them for a specific reason (the NK'd person was a threat to them). This is not the same thing. The first one (the one you claim Mr. Flay does) is useful. The one Kmd did has no town benefit. None. All it does is make him look like he was trying to find scum. The fact that he should know that, makes it just that much more scummier.

I'll get to your other points when I have more time tomorrow.

Thanks for defending Kmd, though /sarcasm
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2360 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by Plum »

/thanks for being a useless bag of scum. Next?

Anyway I'd hate to be in your position: So bloody sure Kmd is scum, so on the fence about me, with Chronopie such dead scum. What are the chances that two scumbags were the top two wagons yesterday and the surviving scum is practicing heavy mutual defense with another scummate while both are under relative suspicion?

Whatever.

Kmd, Charlie (???), Batt is a most excellent lynch and we should kill it with fire. Anyone else interested, just give a shout.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2361 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:54 pm

Post by Battousai »

Laundry taking longer to get done than I thought, so I have been thinking about my last post and I realized I forgot to add something, so...

EDIT: What I said in the NK analysis plus, Kmd's NK analysis also is accumilitive. That delutes the already bad data even more. It assumes the same person killed each NK for the exact same reason. Even if the exact same reason was used (very improbable), it assumes the rest of the scum team would go along with the plan to protect this lone partner.

What, are you not going to try and defend your NK point?

The chances that two scumbags were the top two wagons yesterday is probable, due to the fact that we were down to 14 players with an estimated 6/14 being scum. The chance that the surviving member would heavily defend a partner, is possible. I can't say that they would definitely do it or definitely not. But since the third partner seems to be under NO suspicion other than one player that no one is listening to, and the fact that players have stated that if the surviving player flipped scum, they would not change their stance on the third partner, defending the third player seems like good play, as scum only need a minimum of one person alive to win the game.

I'm not on the fence with you, I think you are likely scum. However, Kmd is definitly scum, which is why I'm focused on him. I would lynch you if you like, but I'd rather lynch Kmd.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2362 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by Plum »

Six scumbags out of 24 players? Bit high of an estimate, assuming one scumteam (pretty normal if two, but in that case the point would be irrelevant).

Batt, I will certainly defend my NK point. That is certainly a legitimate way of performing Nightkill analysis. Frankly there's no
wrong
way to do it. Assuming scum don't think they've found a powerrole (and I'll venture to guess that that scenario is likely here for the past Night or two), one thing which may be weighed most heavily is which Townie they would least like to have to deal with the next Day. Hate to break it to you. But logically speaking, scum do often have that as a primary motivation and extrapolating from that is in no way inherently scummy, and you haven't convinced me that Kmd did it in a scummy way.

But you didn't really care to hear that, did you? You just felt like making some kind of point, probably to set up and/or justify voting me tomorrow, eh? Even if you do manage to lynch Kmd and he flips Town, hmmm?
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2363 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:20 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Prods to kunkstar7 and Locke Lamora
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2364 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:37 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Responding to prod. Will get to this in more detail when I have time, but at this stage I'm pretty sure Fishy is town and still wondering why anyone would think Holy was town. Seriously, anyone? Any reasons other than KMD's forgotten point in Holy's favour?
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2365 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:11 am

Post by Rhinox »

Batt #2357 damn thats a lot of posts:
The fact that there wasn't a NK really tells me that the scum is almost out of town players to kill that give off a town vibe. If at least one of the scum falls into the category of "giving off a town vibe," lets call him Kmd, they can't kill him and they can't kill of one of the last townies that give off a town vibe as it would become suspicious later that "Kmd" is still alive and has multiple votes.
Anyways, the only thing I got out of the whole post is... you think scum
chose not to
kill anyone on the grounds that KMD looks town and since KMD wasn't killed he must be scum?

wut?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2366 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:14 am

Post by Battousai »

Rhinox- I hope you read the rest of that post, as the last paragraph really sums up the case on Kmd.

There was no kill last night, so I am assuming that the scum chose not to kill. Why would they do that? Simple, killing would hurt them more than not killing. Why, when there are players left in the game that the majority of the players believe is town, through saying it or not focusing on them (kmd, jahudo)? The answer is that one of the two is scum. If they kill the town of the two, then eventually the town will wonder why the scum of the two is still alive. So, a no kill is indicative that one of the townie players in the game is scum.

Kmd's links- After looking at the last one (the first one takes into account reasoning for voting), that it is something Kmd does as town.

Plum-

1) I don't understand your paragraph defending Kmd's vote analysis (2358). I was saying that when there are two scum wagons at the end of the day, scum will try and be on the wagon that is most likely going to be lynched and/or more likely to hurt their faction later. Your response was that you are scummy and the scum would of tried to kill you, and if you were scum you wouldn't have acted scummy? That isn't what was at issue. The issue is that you can't call a rival wagon to a scum lynch scum until you know the alignment of the second wagon.

2) Framing kmd as scum for using VCA TM, really? Doing something as scum and as town doesn't excuse the person from doing when scum. If I actively wagon hop to the person with the most votes and give no reasoning for said vote in every game I do as town, then I do it as scum, it doesn't mean it should be ignored. Determing the motivation behind it is what town does. And I believe the motivation behind it in this game is scum driven.

3) Blatant paranoia-mongering tactic? WTF kind of scumtell is that? I give reasons for my vote and I ask people who are ignoring the case to look closer. You are strawmaning my entire case to paranoia-mongering. That's bullshit.

2362-

1) 6 scum in a 24 player setup is balanced if the game lacks powerroles (1:3 standard setup means 6 scum to 18 town). If there are powerroles then it can either increase or decrease for balance sake. 6 is a conservative estimate.

2) There is too a wrong way to do night kill analysis. I think scum killed player x because he didn't say happy scumday to player y. Therefore, player y must have killed player x! That's wrong, but kmd's is wrong in another light altogether. I concede that killing a threat is common scum motivation. But by choosing that as the main reason BEFORE reading the player is wrong. Using it to cover multiple NK's is wrong, especially when you give players points and add them all up at the end. Kmd's data would show that one person would have been the most threatened by all the dead players. If scum did kill every single target based on threat, then the data would not point to anyone over the other, as it is highly unlikely the scum were killing the threats of just one of the members. The "scummy way" is that there is going to be no data from it, and in fact any actual data from it AND it is "scummy" because it allowed kmd to IIoA for a long time and make him "appear" to be acting townie.

3) I'm trying to set you up? Why are you so paranoid? I'm focusing on Kmd. I don't need to "trap" you, as there are already quite a few players willing to lynch you already and the fact that chrono became a leading wagon yesterday is the only thing that saved you. I'm trying to find scum here and you are more worried about me trapping you and getting you lynched.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2367 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:24 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Not liking Charlie's turn around on Fish. From being so adamant yesterday for a lynch to doubting Fish being mafia, with the reasoning for the change being possibly meta from the first game? That's what I see.

Looking at the chronopie final lynch, holycon fits as a bussing partner, and I have no read on Locke or Rhinox. Doubting a connection between holycon and Locke unless they are distancing, so my main scumread on bussing is holycon.
FoS: holycon.

@Batt: Considering that Fishy has claimed there is/was a doc ability in the game at some point, do you still reasonably believe that the best logical conclusion is scum did not kill? That's the only issue I have with your current attack on KMD, I find it less likely that scum nokilled versus they just got blocked somehow.
Welcome to the Network.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2368 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:34 am

Post by Battousai »

If it was a 1shot doc protect that saved someone, then fishy should claim that, giving us more information. Since he did not, I'm assuming there was a no kill.

So you think my other points on kmd are valid? Why not vote him then?
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2369 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:21 am

Post by Charlie »

I did an analysis of style and roughly estimate of frequency of Nacho's post in both this game and Last Will Mafia I. I see them as the same: No change. This makes me believe he is consistent. See, the thing is if he's town here and mafia there I'd expect them to change. Or maybe that's what he wants me to think. Oh wait maybe that's what he...

Caught myself in a WIFOM trap. Unable to make sense of anything.
Oh well. He must be mafia then. I'd vote him anytime!

-----------

Fishy is the same too, in both games. It is likely that he is town after all.

-----------
kunkstar7 wrote:Not liking Charlie's turn around on Fish. From being so adamant yesterday for a lynch to doubting Fish being mafia, with the reasoning for the change being possibly meta from the first game? That's what I see.

Looking at the chronopie final lynch, holycon fits as a bussing partner, and I have no read on Locke or Rhinox. Doubting a connection between holycon and Locke unless they are distancing, so my main scumread on bussing is holycon. FoS: holycon.

@Batt: Considering that Fishy has claimed there is/was a doc ability in the game at some point, do you still reasonably believe that the best logical conclusion is scum did not kill? That's the only issue I have with your current attack on KMD, I find it less likely that scum nokilled versus they just got blocked somehow.
This is just filler. I'm sure of the this for the first and 3rd paragraphs.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2370 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:24 am

Post by Charlie »

Hmm... Rhinox is town for his latest comments. Plum is... not sure. Probably mafia.

And a comment about the possibility of 2 mafia factions: IMHO likely; and odd and even Night groupkill makes the most sense. However, we'll have to find one member of the other group, then work our way to finding connections of 3. Otherwise, we're only looking at connections of 5 or 6.
Kindness
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2371 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Rhinox »

Batt, my head is asploding trying to follow your logic at the moment.

First, you assume that scum did not submit a kill. I doubt that very much, but that is not the worst of my problem.

It is that you argue that KMD and Jahudo I guess are the only 2 players that look town, and argue that since scum didn't kill anyone, its because one of the town looking players must be scum and killing one of them would give it away.

And then, you argue that you want to lynch one of the 2 players that you yourself just got done arguing that they look town, rather than any of the other players that, by process of elimination, don't look town?

And on top of this, you have a case against KMD, which effectively means that you don't think KMD looks town?

*commence asplodin'*
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2372 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:46 am

Post by Battousai »

Looks town is based on the reads of other people. I said that already.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2373 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:48 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Battousai wrote:If it was a 1shot doc protect that saved someone, then fishy should claim that, giving us more information. Since he did not, I'm assuming there was a no kill.
I've been debating this. I'm going to make a partial claim: I did protect someone last night. I don't know why ani didn't use the doc on N3. On N4, I'd just replaced in and wasn't in a position to make an informed decision. N5 I felt I had a reasonable chance of guessing the scum kill, so I protected someone.

I'm not going to claim who. I will reveal if they are near a lynch, and naturally they are at the top of my will - so the person my vote goes to is likely town, if I die (particularly if no other kill-stoppers emerge). The reason I don't want to say who is that tells the scum whether or not it was me that stopped their kill. Since it probably was that's a pretty marginal benefit, but I can't actually see any drawback on sitting on it for now. I suppose it would give an excellent place for people to send their votes, but probably a pretty short lived place as well. Any thoughts?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2374 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by Battousai »

If you claim your target, and it matches the kill, then scum can confirm that it was a fluke protect and that they can kill the person. If it doesn't match the person, scum would know there is either a protective role or an immunity role.

For town, it doesn't confirm the person 100%, as there is always the chance the scum no killed or targetted someone else.

I support not telling us who you targetted. It helps scum more than town.

Ugh, with this new info, the chances of lynching kmd today is very low.

unvote, vote: Plum

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”