miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:23 am

Post by Nexus »

Oh, that's rich, coming from a dude with 6 posts. Nice one.
Trans rights are human rights.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:39 am

Post by mothrax »

I need to reread... no longer suspicious of kat/looker at this point...
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by a2rudeboy »

@Aldus- There was lot to digest as in, informational theory-heavy posts that I needed to wrap my head around for a while to clearly understand. After I read it through a few times, and reading it again right now those pages boiled down to SA's attack on jmj, and the slapfight that ensued (which was a bad basis for a case and soon turned into two people flailing defensively) and the discussion whether massclaim would be good or not, considering this particular setup (I always think D1 claims are unnecessary). I find your case to be a bit of a stretch.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by andrew94 »

mothrax wrote:I need to reread... no longer suspicious of kat/looker at this point...
why not?
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:35 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

a2rudeboy wrote:@Aldus- There was lot to digest as in, informational theory-heavy posts that I needed to wrap my head around for a while to clearly understand. After I read it through a few times, and reading it again right now those pages boiled down to SA's attack on jmj, and the slapfight that ensued (which was a bad basis for a case and soon turned into two people flailing defensively) and the discussion whether massclaim would be good or not, considering this particular setup (I always think D1 claims are unnecessary). I find your case to be a bit of a stretch.
I will accept this but:
a2rudeboy wrote:vote:nexus

"i'm just going to take some time off and lurk for a while..."
Where the hell did this quote come from? Nexus never said this. Why are you shoving words in his mouth?

Vote: a2rudeboy
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:38 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

mothrax wrote:I need to reread... no longer suspicious of kat/looker at this point...
Why not?

Also, anyone who posted without significantly contributing at the start of this Day should take a hint and do the opposite. They are:
Looker
BlakAdder
Nexus

andrew94 gets a pass for being V/LA, mothrax just seems lost ATM. No such excuse from the above 3. Who do they suspect today? Has Day 1 significantly changed their opinion, if so why?
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:40 pm

Post by andrew94 »

can u explain how to contribute?

ok, so all i can tell is sa is telling the truth

a2rudeboy i think he said 'he had to go lurk'.????
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:44 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

You contribute by, for instance, saying who you suspect. Consider yourself added to the above list, andrew94. Who do you suspect today? Even if it's the same as yesterday, vote accordingly.

And no, Nexus never said that. Please read the game.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:34 pm

Post by Nexus »

I actually find it hard to believe that andrew is this stupid. He knows exactly how to contribute, he's played in other games, so don't indulge his stupid questions. They only serve to distract "Oh, I'm a poor lost little lamb who doesn't know anything." I call BS.

Moonwheel, a2 is jumping on the smallest thing to try and get me to react. That's the sort of thing you do on D1. Not D2. So no, you aren't getting away with that easily. It's a misrep, and misreps are scummy.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:37 pm

Post by Nexus »

Ald, I don't like how you jumped on me for a "policy vote" when I feel my reasons for voting Katsuki were, at that point, entirely justified. ALL SHE DID WAS TALK LIKE THIS AND NOT SAY ANYTHING. She just posted votes. That isn't helpful for the town. At all. Yet, it looks like she's doing something, when in reality she isn't. So, Katsuki/her replacement are still up there, but it'd be a little unfair to vote for the replacement until the replacement gets some kind of speech.

So, how was it a policy vote, exactly?
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:49 am

Post by mothrax »

Alduskkel wrote:
Why not?
Looking back at Kat's play, it is no different than her play in any other game. most of which she has flipped town in. Also, I have a policy in which I don't lynch replacements on their first day unless there are extrenuating circumstances.

As for who I think is scum:
I find it hard to believe andrew is this clueless about the game, even in a new setup, especially not knowing where the wiki is.
I still dislike mongooses reaction to the early game bandwagons. They look opportunistic.
A mongoose vote will do no good at this point so:
Vote: andrew94
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:04 am

Post by BlakAdder »

To be honest, I'm a little surprised at the night kill. I know SA claimed Roleblocker, but he was tied for most votes at the end of the day. I guess the claim can excuse the NK target, but it seems that he would be most likely to draw a doc protect too. Something about the kill rubs me the wrong way, but I can't actually draw anything from it without stepping into WIFOM territory. Anyone else have any comments?
Game Record (W-L-T)
Town: 1-2-1
Mafia: 1-2-0
Third-party: 1-0-0
Mafuyu
Mafuyu
Goon
Mafuyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:56 am

Post by Mafuyu »

mothrax wrote: I find it hard to believe andrew is this clueless about the game, even in a new setup, especially not knowing where the wiki is.
:?
Mafuyu's going to go out on a limb here and theorize Mothrax/Alduskkel as part of the scum group. Mafuyu doesn't like how their posts play off one another. In addition, mothrax isn't in a position to be voting people based on perceived skepticism of ineptitude. That is, his argument applies in parallel to his massclaim attempt.

Vote Mothrax
Guh. The words.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:35 am

Post by mothrax »

I was asking a question to get others opinions, and something that pertained to play in game, whereas Andrew has asked "newbie questions"
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:10 am

Post by andrew94 »

Alduskkel wrote:You contribute by, for instance, saying who you suspect. Consider yourself added to the above list, andrew94. Who do you suspect today? Even if it's the same as yesterday, vote accordingly.

ok. i make suspoect list when i go home

u misunderstand me. i believe a2rude said 'HE HAD TO GO LURK' - not referring to nexus?
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:37 am

Post by jmj3000 »

Ok, i am going to re-read the thread and see what I can come up with, as my top suspicion was wrong. Away I go.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by mothrax »

To prove to Mafyu that my question at least pertained to stupidity unrelated to "newbness" andrew has continuously played like the newest of newbies

In this post and the one following it, he plays the newbie card. Here he asks us to link him to the wiki. And here he shows an unwillingness/uncapableness of reading the thread. He also asks "how can I contribute" in this post. That is equivalent to scum saying "tell me how to look like town." Thus my vote stays where it is.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by mothrax »

Also, I really like the way that looks (sorry, first time doing URL cases...)
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:45 pm

Post by andrew94 »

mothrax wrote:
Alduskkel wrote:
Why not?
Looking back at Kat's play, it is no different than her play in any other game. most of which she has flipped town in. Also, I have a policy in which I don't lynch replacements on their first day unless there are extrenuating circumstances.

As for who I think is scum:
I find it hard to believe andrew is this clueless about the game, even in a new setup, especially not knowing where the wiki is.
I still dislike mongooses reaction to the early game bandwagons. They look opportunistic.
A mongoose vote will do no good at this point so:
Vote: andrew94
lol? i had a newbie game where 7/9 ppl were replaced, so we just dont get them? fail reasoning is fail
i know where the wiki is, i already said previously i kept typing in c9+++ or some thing like that

why mongoose vote will do no point
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:47 pm

Post by andrew94 »

ok, i think that morthrax and katsuki is scum .
because morthrax accuse katsuki, is a weak attempt at bussing.
then he says 'i dont go after replacements' again a weak attempt at stopping the bussing

and well, so i find the relevant quote later
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:08 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

This post is going to contain questions that cropped up as I was going to sleep and reviewing ISO's of everyone, so I might have more questions in the morning.

@Andrew:
andrew94 wrote:
BlakAdder wrote:Oh my god quit squirming.
First, WIFOM is not asking "what if." It's circular reasoning and questions that can't be proven one way or the other. The kind that gets nobody nowhere and only chews up time.
Second, it's not your job to instruct the town who to lynch, regardless of how close the deadline is. It's up to the players to make their own decisions, and trying to get in the way of that is anti-town, if not flat-out scummy.
Third, derp I can't get suspicion off of me so I'll try to get suspicion onto an easy-target lurker.
Fourth, derp don't lynch me cuz I'm a power role.
Fifth, #139 is closer to WIFOM than how you defined it. "I can't be scum because if I was scum I wouldn't have claimed roleblocker." Well we only know that based on your words.
Sixth, just because nobody should out themselves doesn't mean that you're not hoping that someone would be reckless enough to.
And lastly, two double posts followed by a triple post seems to me like you're grasping at straws to get away from the spotlight.

We're at L-2 right? I want to make sure I have my count right before I vote.
o man, this is one of those posts that look town but is in fact scummy, i have no idea how to describe this
Why did you find that post by blakadder scummy andrew?
andrew94 wrote:
Alduskkel wrote:You contribute by, for instance, saying who you suspect. Consider yourself added to the above list, andrew94. Who do you suspect today? Even if it's the same as yesterday, vote accordingly.

ok. i make suspoect list when i go home

u misunderstand me. i believe a2rude said 'HE HAD TO GO LURK' - not referring to nexus?
Wheres that suspect list andrew?

@Mothrax:

Massclaim horse is dead, going to stop beating it.
mothrax wrote:Why would he have drawn so much attention to himself if he was scum?
mothrax wrote::Scum wouldn't do this so I can't be scum" is not a valid defense.
Explain why you contradicted yourself mothrax.
mongoose wrote:
mothrax wrote: If that is not an option, I think I am down with a mongoose lynch. his reaction to the massclaim argument was scummy, on top of the fact that he is pushing a lurker lynch;
Why was my reaction scummy?
Moth, answer this.
@a2rudeboy:
a2rudeboy wrote:
vote:nexus

"i'm just going to take some time off and lurk for a while..."
Hypocrisy much? Sadly, thats really all I can get out of your ISO right now. Post more content, less filler.

@Alduskkel:
Alduskkel wrote:OTOH I'm curious to see if SA will get NK'd or not.
Prophetic words sir. Why mention him getting NK'd at all?

@BlakAdder:
BlakAdder wrote:To be honest, I'm a little surprised at the night kill. I know SA claimed Roleblocker, but he was tied for most votes at the end of the day. I guess the claim can excuse the NK target, but it seems that he would be most likely to draw a doc protect too. Something about the kill rubs me the wrong way, but I can't actually draw anything from it without stepping into WIFOM territory. Anyone else have any comments?
Why does it rub you the wrong way? NK analysis is important, even if it goes into WIFOM territory, but I have a feeling I know what that WIFOM is.

@Looker:
You are getting a pass due to replacing, but the moment you start posting more, I am going to ask you for you speculation on katsuki's actions

@Mafuyu:
Mafuyu wrote:Hey guys, scumbuddies arguing, making sillies of themselves to start the day?

Ey? Eeeeyyy?
Why did you see me and SA as scumbuddies arguing? Knowing SA was town, how does that affect your reads?
Mafuyu wrote:
andrew94 wrote:well i played newbie for long time.

can someone explain this :I would think a scum player would be less likely to see the pro-town side of things, yes.
Oh, you'd be surprised.
There are cases where town does not see the pro-town side, for any number of reasons.
There are cases where scum DOES see the pro-town side, significantly because it is their job to read the game to a degree sufficient enough to A. Dispel suspicion and B. Redirect suspicion to town. To not know the town rationale would be to be forced in to playing the ignorant town role, which one can only get away with for so long. To manipulate, you have to know what cards are on the table.

That is to say, 'X is less likely to see pro-town result/interpretation' is null in that diligent people are trying to read however they can, and non-diligent people are scattered in to a myriad number of reasons why they aren't.
This post confuses me. Clarify please?

@Mongoose:
mongoose wrote:sorry I haven't been posting guys. I tend not to post too much in the start of games since RVS usually reflects a person's characteristics and not their role,
so I can't really find too many reads.
And I forgot to check the thread today. :p

Anyways,
unvote, vote mothrax

First off, mass claim was a stupid idea. Not only that, but you were extremely indecisive. From what I know that tends to be a way to try to get something done (for the scum team), then claim you never really vouched for it. Also, your logic is slightly wrong, as katsu explained. I dont really see any other scummy reads right now though.
I don't like this post. First off, there wasn't really a RVS seeing as how SA came right out of the gate with a case prepared and everything, and discussion immediately started. Second, the bolding I did. You can still analyze their posts and compare it with meta, or analyze their posts and see if they are just going through the motions. This sounds like you making an excuse to not do anything. Third, jumping on the mothrax wagon like you did. One line that is not using someone else's logic does not make it original content. Fourth, by that time everyone had weighed in on either me/SA or the massclaim idea, there was plenty of information to look at to come up with scum reads.
mongoose wrote:
I will be v/la starting thursday, and ending on the following sunday for Dasara holidays (from the 7th til the 16th). i may be able to post when I am at my cousin's houses, but during some periods I may not have internet access.

andrew94 wrote:err nexus, you have contributed next to nothing except for 'im v/la'
QFT. Do something useful please. Saying one post was meaningless isn't helpful. The fact that someone posted a "meaningless" post doesn't make them town or scum.

I agree with mafuyu in the fact that different people see different sides when having different roles. The assumption we make is that you are more likely to see the side you are allied on, however this may not be true. In fact< i wouldn't hesitate to say it is uncommon for a person not to be able to see both sides, so I think most of this discussion is rather pointless.

Also, mothrax confused the hell out of me with his post. The fact that you saw both sides could go either way. If you are scum and you see many pro and anti town things, you could try to use that to your advantage by saying it can be pro town too.
Still nothing truly original from you in this post. Reading through the last two paragraphs, all I can see is Alduskkel's words being modified so you can't be accused of blatant copying.

@Nexus:
Nexus wrote:I was not happy with a no lynch, and I would've been happy with the lynch on Katsuki. I'd be interested to know why she replaced.

Anyway, I'll relieve some pressure a bit, and let the replacement get into the game, and see what happens.
So why didn't you post a more convincing case than she posts in all caps and just post votes? Why not give us some meta to compare it to?

Alright, sorry for the wall, but I needed to get something up with my thoughts before I went to sleep. Any questions to be directed at me will be answered when i get a chance later today.
SONY MAFIA

jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:12 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

EBWOP: Also, mongoose, get an avatar. May I suggest this one or this one or maybe this one?
SONY MAFIA

andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Post by andrew94 »

omfg, i tried to change my avatar to the 3rd t his one, but it wasnt the correct size!
GIMME BACK MY ORIGINAL
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:17 pm

Post by andrew94 »

suspect: morthax
andrew94 wrote:look at this...
mothrax wrote: Cut the WIFOM. Seriously. :Scum wouldn't do this so I can't be scum" is not a valid defense.
then how at this....
mothrax wrote:Why would he have drawn so much attention to himself if he was scum?
i gotta sleep now, will answer the blak one later
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:17 am

Post by mongoose »

I am back after 3 days in the mountains without internet access. Reading up now
Go Hawkeyes!