Open 226: Big Love - Game over! Town wins!

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:27 am

Post by Ythill »

Sorry I've been absent, I've had houseguests. Anyway, I'm aware of the deadline and will be more active over the next ~24 hours.
hito wrote:Ythill, I'm curious in your specific thoughts on ISO 34.
It's odd, and apparently something I overlooked. It feels forced, is posted almost in spite of the current topics, and mallow seems very uncomfortable discussing the town-read with Enigma, who picks up on it as a tell. I think it reinforces my mallow-scum theory substantially, though I'm not sure if it would count as evidence for or against David if mallow is scum. On the one hand, it's a little too obvious and unnecesarry to be buddy-protection. On the other hand, it may have been a blunder.
hito wrote:Ythill: if you're town, please understand why I'm saying this and don't take it personally.
I don't, and it's true that my scum-meta favors bussing. However, it is also true that the one time that anyone has made this particular meta-argument against me, he was scum. I agree that I shouldn't get town points based on being correct with a read, but I also don't like fearmongering. Worse than your post, though, is David's reaction to it.

@Miyu:
Will you be hammering mallow before the deadline falls?
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:17 am

Post by Ythill »

FFS, why do you people sign up for games if they don't want to play?
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Mr.Sandman
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:51 am

Post by Mr.Sandman »

I apologise for my inactivity. Started a distance learning course after works so been trying to catch up on that and it's been taking up my free time. I've had a very quick skim through and I find ythill's analysis of David compelling. It was just a skim and I need to respond to hito's post against me, and Miyu's question for me as well but I'm no longer as averse to a Mallow lynch as I was. The one thing niggling me there though is the plan, which I still don't see as a being concoted by scum. Perhaps I'm just being stubborn, because I do see the scumminess of the player, but it's still enough for me to prefer a DP lynch.

unvote, vote DavidParker

On Miyu, I think, as with Mallow, I may be basing too much on one thing which stands out to me as out and out scum, which in Miyu's case was Wacka's parting post. Not that I intend to write that off, but I need to carry out a reassessment
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Day Five #10

• DavidParker (Miyu, Mr. Sandman) 2 L-3
    mallowgeno (DavidParker, Ythill, hitogoroshi, RedCoyote) 4 L-1
    Miyu (mallowgeno) 1 L-4
    Muthaa (ZeroFang) 1 L-4
Not voting: Sanxion

With 9 alive, 5 votes are required for a lynch.

V/LA:

Activity Check!

We're at full capacity

Prod Count:

Muthaa, smashbro_of_the_SSS - 2

chihuahua0, millar13, Pittbunny, Reverse Simplicity, Sanxion, Shattered Viewpoint, Switz, youngminii - 1

Deadline for Day 5 has been extended to Wednesday, 13th October at 8pm UK time.

Tickety, tickety - 19 hours and 20 minutes or so to go.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Ythill »

Sand wrote:The one thing niggling me there though is the plan, which I still don't see as a being concoted by scum.
Read it again from the point of view of scum trying to determine whether millar was actually a lover or a townie running a gambit. The plan was just a sloppy lie to explain his behavior.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm

Post by Ythill »

Just over twelve hours left to hammer, or today will end without a lynch. Those of you are not voting mallow have had plenty of time to push your alternatives and it's not happening. Lynch please.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:20 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

I'll echo that. Lynch mallow.

My Ythill ISO is already super long and there's no way I'll have it finished before I go to sleep. I don't want to post just the part I have because it'll lose some of it's punch if he gets a bunch of time to think about his answers. I'll post it first thing tomorrow I guess.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:22 pm

Post by Ythill »

I'm here now if you want to ask me about anything.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:24 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Who's your top suspect for last scum if mallow flips scum, and what is your pick for scumteam if mallow flips town?
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:33 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I don't know when 8 PM UK time is, but I don't suspect it's more than a few hours. If this lynch doesn't go through, I'm not going to be particularly happen with Mr.Sandman's lack of concern.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:33 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

EBWOP:
happy
with
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:35 pm

Post by Ythill »

hito wrote:Who's your top suspect for last scum if mallow flips scum...
David is, although I'd seriously consider that point you asked me about (mallow's explicit buddying) before lynching him. If I'm right about mallow, Miyu is almost certainly town and ZF probably is too. Red has recently appeared on my radar, so he'd probably be my second choice if I found the buddying-caveat on David to be a conclusive towntell, but I haven't looked very closely at him and would need to do so before running him up.
hito wrote:...and what is your pick for scumteam if mallow flips town?
I haven't been looking for links outside of dead scum and my top suspects because I don't want to accidentally out our last pair of lovers before they are ready. However, if mallow is town, Miyu looks even worse because it means that Wacka's "scumslips"
could be
legitimate. I'd pressure her pretty hard, plus David and Red. Again, most of this is based on individual behavior.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:08 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Less than three hours to go. Miyu, Sanxion, Zerofang, Sandman - one of you needs to get in here and vote for Mallow.
Mr.Sandman
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:38 am

Post by Mr.Sandman »

I will.

unvote, vote mallow

I expected miyu to hence I put my vote on a player which more accurately portrayed my opinion, but mallow is up there on my list so I'm happier with this than a wasted day
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:59 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:02 am

Post by Ythill »

This is pleasant news. In case I die tonight...

Check out my previous post for pointers on what to do depending on the cardflip. If mallow is scum, Miyu is town; this is important because there's a lot of suspicion against her and so I can see the rest of you forgetting the Wacka-caveat. Use my analyses (FFS) but also look into the people I skipped over. Lovers should consider claiming tomorrow, especially if mallow is town. I guess that's everything.

Goodnight.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:11 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Day Five #11

• DavidParker (Miyu) 1 L-2
    mallowgeno (DavidParker, Ythill, hitogoroshi, RedCoyote, Mr. Sandman) 5 L-0
    Miyu (mallowgeno) 1 L-4
    Muthaa (ZeroFang) 1 L-4
Not voting: Sanxion

With 9 alive, 5 votes are required for a lynch.

V/LA:

Activity Check!

We're at full capacity

Prod Count:

chihuahua0, millar13, Pittbunny, Reverse Simplicity, Sanxion, Shattered Viewpoint, Switz, youngminii - 1

We have a lynch!

The town argued long into the evening, unable to decide who to lynch today. As the sun threatened to dip below the horizon, Mr.Sandman took the initiative and cast the deciding vote. As the day slipped into twilight, mallowgeno was lynched.

mallowgeno,
Townie
, lynched Day 5.

Deadline for Night 5 is Sunday, 17th October at 8pm UK time, because the mod will be unavailable on Saturday.
Show
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:30 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Morning breaks, and the town venture nervously into the town square. There, draped over the statue of some dead army dude, was the corpse of DavidParker, and the town breathed a sigh of relief, because they knew nobody could love him.

DavidParker,
Townie
, shot night 5.

Day Six

Not voting: hitogoroshi, Miyu, Mr. Sandman, RedCoyote, Sanxion, Ythill, ZeroFang

With 7 alive, 4 votes are required for a lynch.

V/LA:

Activity Check!

We're at full capacity

Prod Count:

Deadline for Day 6 is Sunday, 7th Novemberber at 8pm UK time.
    Show
    Ythill
    Ythill
    Fabio
    Ythill
    Fabio
    Fabio

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:54 am

Post by Ythill »

David? Really? :igmeou:

We are in lover LYLO, meaning that three town deaths are possible and would end the game with a scum win. I think the lovers should claim but, before they do, everyone should list their top two scumpicks in popcorn fashion. I'd like Miyu to go first.
    Record:
    Town 10W/15L
    Scum 4W/1L
    Other 2W/2L
    Newbie 1L

Miyu
    Miyu
    Goon
    Miyu
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:35 am

Post by Miyu »

Thank you for fixing my fail tags, Dizzy.

Haha hito. You amuse me. Such obvious attempts at trying to misrepresent my actions. I specifically said I was going in chronological order, then I ended with 'I could go on..' which means to the majority of the world, that I could continue quoting myself. But I stopped, as it was getting late and I was tired for wasting my time. Opinion is an opinion, no matter what format it takes. If I am observing what is happening and put my own thoughts to it - then that is an opinion. For your ease.. "1. a : a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter
    b : approval, esteem
    2 a : belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge".
    Trying to put limitations on what is an isn't an opinion, is rather silly Hito; as well as scummy.

For the third? fourth? time. Bandwagoning is a scumtell.
    If I want to "votepark" then I am absolutely free to do so. Unless of course we are in a lylo situation, in which case such voting is dangerous, as all too easily for scum to hop on. Oh what. Did I just say 'hop on', as in hop on the bandwagon? But. but. According to you, bandwagoning is not a scumtell.

Please quote where I said that I've "provided plenty of transparent content." Because I don't recall saying or implying any such thing. I showed you a starter of where I have given my opinion, which was in direct response to you saying that I had not given any opinions. Two totally different things. So please, quote where I said such a thing. Thanks.

Wow. Trying to call blatant opinion, as not opinion. Haha. Wow. Just.. Wow. Too bad you weren't in this game earlier, when it took them a number of pages to realize that they'd lynched someone. Wow.

Haha. as if it matters much now ... "I'm not 'keen' on him being scum, because of his prior slot Xite." Is what I believe I said to Ythill about mallow.

Ythill. No. Had I been around I would not of hammered mallow. As stated previously, I did not think Xite was scum, therefore it overrode any read on mallow.

My scumpicks:
    DavidParker. Did we go into the Twilight Zone or something? Hallucinogenics through the air filtration system?

Sanxion/Hito/Zero/Mr.Sandman
    Hi.
    Ythill
    Ythill
    Fabio
    Ythill
    Fabio
    Fabio

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:50 am

Post by Ythill »

I've been working on VC analyses with the new cardflips and there are some interesting developments. I'm going to wait until after lover claims to post them though, so I don't have to do them twice. Four new alignments are going to be revealed and this game is going to break open.

@Miyu:
    You're not very good at counting. :P Should I assume that your top two are Sanx/Hito? Who would you like to go next in the popcorn FoS? Also, you are
    so
    buying me dinner.
    Record:
    Town 10W/15L
    Scum 4W/1L
    Other 2W/2L
    Newbie 1L

ZeroFang
    ZeroFang
    Goon
    ZeroFang
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by ZeroFang »

@Ythill:
    How about you
    not
    be a narcissistic asshole for once in your life.
    hitogoroshi
    hitogoroshi
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    hitogoroshi
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Actually, while I have plenty of charges to level at Ythill, this is the right play. We need lover claims today, and we certainty want the data of suspicions before and after the claim.
    Ythill
    Ythill
    Fabio
    Ythill
    Fabio
    Fabio

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by Ythill »

ZeroFang wrote:
    @Ythill:
    How about you
    not
    be a narcissistic asshole for once in your life.
    I tried that once. It sucked. :P
    Record:
    Town 10W/15L
    Scum 4W/1L
    Other 2W/2L
    Newbie 1L

Ythill
    Ythill
    Fabio
    Ythill
    Fabio
    Fabio

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by Ythill »

I guess doing this popcorn style is pointless. Everyone list your top two suspects in your next post please, and say whether you are in favor of lover claims.

My suspects are Miyu and Red.
    Record:
    Town 10W/15L
    Scum 4W/1L
    Other 2W/2L
    Newbie 1L

Return to “Completed Open Games”