Mafia 119: MURDER AT HOTEL DEATH(GAME OVER)

vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:05 pm

Post by vollkan »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
vollkan wrote:
CKD wrote: so is what I am hearing is jack is just a poor player?
I wouldn't say "poor" so much as chaotic/idiosyncratic.
you feel like his actions in this games are good?....is chaotic antitown?
You're asking
me
whether I think chaotic, non-logical play is pro-town? :lol:

What I mean is that Jack is a player who knows what he is doing, even if I think that what he is doing is completely useless.
LMP wrote: @Vollkan: in this post you finally put up your point board. You mentioned earlier in the thread that people get + points for scummy actions and - points for townie actions. How come no one had earned any - points after a full day? You even commented "good posting" after some people's play.
I can get a pile of meta to support this and go into theory if you like, but basically this is a consequence of the fact that I don't believe in towntells. In practice, the only time I use - points is where I assign + points to somebody for a particular reason but then they rebut that reason.

On the "goodposting" point specifically, to give you some idea of where I am coming from:
I think the game as a whole becomes more pro-town if play is logical rather than illogical. Accordingly, I encourage the posting of thorough cases. That doesn't mean I think that they are more likely to come from town than scum because experience has taught me both that town can and do play exceptionally anti-town and that scum can and do play exceptionally pro-town-like. Basically, a game driven by reasoned cases makes it much harder for scum, but the posting of reasoned cases does not make an individual less likely to be scum.
Jack wrote:So you have no case on me :D
I was going to say the same thing :lol:
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:08 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Vollkan's at least trying to hunt scum.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

PranaDevil wrote:Vollkan's at least trying to hunt scum.
We're obviously looking at two different vollkans.
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Fuck it, if Jack's playing his normal playstyle, and nobody evidently wants to lynch him despite him playing scummy, I'll go for option number 2.

vote: evilpacman18

Still no attempt to do anything beyond go for a policy lynch on Vollkan.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:49 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

Oh is that what you're waiting for?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by vollkan »

PD wrote: vote: evilpacman18

Why do you think pacman is scum?

I ask because my read of him so far is just stupid newbie. Pushing policy lynches is stupid and anti-town, but town do it often enough that I really don't think it can be considered scummy. Conversely, if I put myself in the shoes of scum-pacman, I really can't fathom how he could seroiusly think that a policy lynch on me would be a good strategy; if he came in and pushed it on Jack, for instance, I think there would be a viable scum strategy (doesn't make it scummy, though, for the reasons in my second sentence), but I can't work out how, if he was scum trying to get me lynched, he could seriously imagine that a policy lynch of me would have any prospect of succeeding.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by Jack »

that's a good point on pacman

and prana is kindof hypocritical there
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

vollkan wrote:

I ask because my read of him so far is just stupid newbie. Pushing policy lynches is stupid and anti-town, but town do it often enough that I really don't think it can be considered scummy. Conversely, if I put myself in the shoes of scum-pacman, I really can't fathom how he could seroiusly think that a policy lynch on me would be a good strategy; if he came in and pushed it on Jack, for instance, I think there would be a viable scum strategy (doesn't make it scummy, though, for the reasons in my second sentence), but I can't work out how, if he was scum trying to get me lynched, he could seriously imagine that a policy lynch of me would have any prospect of succeeding.
Fuck you. I may be a lot of things but stupid is not one of them. I've already explained my reasons for why I think you're scum and why even if you're not a policy lynch is a good idea and you haven't managed to convince me that I'm wrong. Don't give me that shit just because you disagree, fucking elitist bastard.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by vollkan »

silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

lmao
... People were right it seems....
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:36 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

vollkan wrote:

Or I could be just trying to actually put some pressure on him so he's participate.

Just saying.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:32 am

Post by Jack »

So now you're passing your vote off as a pressure vote?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:36 am

Post by PranaDevil »

A pressure vote becomes pointless when it's forced to be announced as such.

So initially I could not state as such.

Now I've been forced to state it it's become pointless, thus thanks to Vollkan the entire point is now null and void, and you've not been much help, but then apparently that's "your playstyle" to be useless and not much help.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:44 am

Post by Jack »

I don't think it was a pressure vote.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:47 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Awesome, so now you're psychic too?

Could you tell me what I'm thinking about now? I'm not entirely sure what to have for dinner, evidently you know my thoughts better than me, so perhaps you could inform me of my decision?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:02 am

Post by vollkan »

PranaDevil wrote:Awesome, so now you're psychic too?

Could you tell me what I'm thinking about now? I'm not entirely sure what to have for dinner, evidently you know my thoughts better than me, so perhaps you could inform me of my decision?
You were attacking Jack basically because he was being (in your view) useless, and being very clear that you suspected him. You then turn around and attack someone else for a very similar reason. How on earth can you expect an observer to think "Oh wait, he might be pressure voting?"?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:08 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Why would I want people to believe I was pressure voting when I made my vote?

If people believe I was pressure voting, the "pressure" is non-existant.

If I came out and said "I'm voting pacman for pressure" well what's the point? There's nothing there, at least me stating it's through him being useless it might, y'know... entice him to start being useful. Same with Jack.

Alas, as I've had to explain myself you've pissed it away, so thanks for that Vollkan, you've been a real help, I don't know what I'd have done without you giving two useless players the ability to continue being useless.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:26 am

Post by LimMePls »

Wake up and smell the PD scum folks.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:49 am

Post by PranaDevil »

I notice you've chosen to ignore my response to your post about me. Any chance of you actually, y'know, posting a response? Perhaps even a case on me considering you're voting me and as opposed to others, might actually be somewhat useful for the town?

Seriously, is everyone in this game insistant on not actually playing the game and just doing their damndest to avoid playing Mafia?
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:50 am

Post by LimMePls »

PranaDevil wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:@Prana: Why were you saying you didn't want to vote because you didn't want to "add to any kind of a quick lynch"? When was the last time you saw a quick lynch in a Large game? Why is this something to be afraid of? Also, why would a quick lynch of someone who you "would be happy with" be a bad thing? I recognize that you sort of answered this here, but I don't find your answer satisfactory, and I wasn't in the game to press you on the issue.
Pretty much what I said there, you think I'm going to give a different answer later on? I told you the straight answer there, and that IS the answer you're getting, if you don't like it, I suppose it's tough luck.

As far as why it would be a bad thing though... ANY quick lynch is a bad thing. Discussion is paramount, and I'm honestly shocked I would need to point that out on this site. Over on sites where Mafia is a side game? Yeah, I can understand that, but here?
He was at 4 votes in a large game and you were going to be gone for 24 hours. How on EARTH could you be afraid of a quick lynch? It's preposterous. Your refusal to clarify it from that craptastic response is bad.
LynchMePls wrote:You say that if there are two vig groups there would be 3 kills a night. How would you know there aren't two mafia groups? Are 1 mafia group Large games normal? I haven't seen one yet.
Considering the set up, which was pretty much revealed to us early on thanks to piss poor claiming, it makes less sense for two scum teams. But that becomes mod WIFOM stuff etc. I'm not used to large normals in all honesty, so I've no idea if one scum team or two is normal, but I always felt one scum team WAS the norm regardless outside of themed games. Am I wrong on that assumption?
It's looking like you weren't wrong, what I'm challenging is that it was an 'assumption' at all, and not informed minority. You made this comment D1, and I assert there is no way you should have had enough information as a townie to assume 1 scum team.
LynchMePls wrote:This is the second time on D1 (that I was counting anyway) where you express a negative view of Esp, but then let it fall away. To make it worse you unvote without voting. I'm not a fan of that, especially in a post where you admit to having suspects. "Esp I'm less happy about". Furthermore, towards the end of D1 you took a pretty clear stance for an Esp lynch once the NC lynch was taking off. I'd like you to elaborate more on all of this please.

@Prana: If Esp is behaving scummy why "leave him for now".
How did I "let it fall away"? I was pushing Esp pretty much non-stop all day 1 in fact. Seriously, go check it over, I was massively pissed off when he wasn't the day 1 lynch. How is that me letting it "fall away"? What you're saying doesn't match up with the facts.

As for the unvote, you'll also note that I wanted to check through the thread as well. I feel leaving a vote on someone at a point you want to check things over to be bad play. If you're not 100% that the vote is on the right person at that point in time, then you should move it, I moved it off entirely, prior to checking through the thread. How is this scummy? Being "overly cautious" is somehow scummy now?
You let it fall away because you brought up suspicions and then did 0 pushing, questioning, or scumhunting of it at all. You'd bring it up, and then move on to other things. You even specifically used the words "leave him for now". The only time you got "massively pissed off" about it was near deadline, and all the hate was moving towards NC. Very easy for scum to sit around at that point and go "but guys, why aren't we voting this guy" who is your scum buddy. I don't like the way you played towards Esp at all, it reads like distancing scum.

Everytime you check through a thread you unvote first? That would be ridiculous. If you don't do it everytime, then why did you do it this time? This is part of what I meant when I said I wanted you to elaborate on this. It looks suspicious.
LynchMePls wrote:
PranaDevil wrote:Looker is obv. town, he's pushing people, and pointing out things that need pointing out.
This needs more explaining too. Explain how Looker was "pushing people" because that was not the read I was getting, and explain how pointing out Snake's Watcher claim was good.
'scuse me? I am now not going to ask you something, I'm going to demand it. Go and tell me where I said pointing out Snake's watcher claim was good.

I repeat, I am demanding you do that, because that's not just a misrep, it's a blatant misrep to a massive degree designed to somehow make me seem worse for it.

As for the rest, please to be paying attention to what I is saying.

Otherwise known as read the next post I made which responded to CKD asking me the same damned thing for crying out loud - http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 2#p2509612
It's really simple. You said Looker was pointing out things that needed pointing out. At the time you said it, the thing that Looker had pointed out was the watcher claim. If that isn't what you meant by Looker's "pointing things out" then YOU are the one who needs to explain what you meant. "Pointing things out" is vague, so I had to infer what you meant. And since what Looker was pointing out directly at that point of time in the thread was the watcher claim. It's not a misrep if you don't make yourself clear in the first damn place. Nice try though.
LynchMePls wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:
PranaDevil wrote:Okay, thanks to the latest interaction... CD, your response there was scummy as hell, and I wont bother repeating the same points as LMP has done, however I think I will need to go have a further look at your posts. If there was an up to date vote count I might vote you at this stage. Hopefully we'll get one by the time I've done my ISO, which will come as soon as I have enough free time in one sitting to do so.
My skin is crawling after this post.
QFT
If you wish to ever actually explain that one, please do so.
I thought it was obv. It reads like this in my head "LMP is making a good case, but CD isn't scum cause I know he isn't, but I'm going to say that I'm going to go read his posts further, so that if I need to push CD as a mislynch I can. I'll even add language about doing the ISO when I 'have enough free time' so no one holds me to it. It'll be really nice to have an updated vote count so I know if this is a really viable mislynch or not". What ever came of "have a further look at your posts"? You never commented on it after this post and before CD's mislynch. Did you never 'have enough free time' for it? You did apparently find time to distance from the CD wagon once it was about to happen here:

PranaDevil wrote:More post =/= more content.

36 of your posts there are no content wastes of space... and I was being GENEROUS to you with some of them by allowing one liners that responded to people to not count in my tally (when really there's no content in them either).

THIRTY SIX!

All you've "proven" there is that you have given next to nothing to this game, and are deliberately delaying on providing any information.

Fuck it.

unvote
vote: Looker

CoolDoG will wind up lynched today, but I refuse to accept Looker is doing anything but stalling deliberately. He's done nothing this day phase except ask for a vote count, and now it's been provided he goes V/LA? Bollocks. Nice and convenient I would say.

Also, it's not a 3-4 day absence is it? It's an "until you can be bothered" absence, wich is detrimental to whichever side you are on anyway, if you can't play the game, get the hell out of it and let someone else get in. if this is part of your strategy, then you're scum and need lynching.
Yet somehow, between "I'm going to have to take a further look at CD" and his lynch, we have 7 posts from you and not one mention of that further look into CoolDog. We do have this:
PranaDevil wrote:zwet, why are you only commenting on the CoolDoG wagon after it's too late for anything to change? If you felt he was town why didn't you speak up when he was due to be lynched?
Irony, how delicious.
LynchMePls wrote:This is interesting, considering that on D1 you said "scum team" when there is no way you should have known that there weren't 2 teams, but here you imply that it is scummy for him to say "scum teams" because he shouldn't know that it isn't "team". And, based on the number of kills per night, I'm actually coming to the conclusion that it is a single scum team. Which is the way you put it back on D1.
Point. Make it.
You're informed scum that knew there was only 1 scum team.

Point. I made it.
LynchMePls wrote:
Unvote
Vote: PranaDevil

I advise everyone else do the same. He's scum.
If you ever want to give a reason for that one, feel free.
Best ending ever. After an entire post I devote to showing scummy behavior, you're going to claim I didn't give a reason? That is absurd. Nice deflection.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:50 am

Post by LimMePls »

PranaDevil wrote:I notice you've chosen to ignore my response to your post about me. Any chance of you actually, y'know, posting a response? Perhaps even a case on me considering you're voting me and as opposed to others, might actually be somewhat useful for the town?

Seriously, is everyone in this game insistant on not actually playing the game and just doing their damndest to avoid playing Mafia?
Lol, I was working on it. Nice try though.

V/LA on weekends
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:30 am

Post by PranaDevil »

LynchMePls wrote:He was at 4 votes in a large game and you were going to be gone for 24 hours. How on EARTH could you be afraid of a quick lynch? It's preposterous. Your refusal to clarify it from that craptastic response is bad.
Are you suggesting scum are more likely to be more cautious than town then?
LynchMePls wrote:It's looking like you weren't wrong, what I'm challenging is that it was an 'assumption' at all, and not informed minority. You made this comment D1, and I assert there is no way you should have had enough information as a townie to assume 1 scum team.
So you were of the assumption it was two teams right off the bat were you?

A few questions, seeing as you chose to ignore the one I had asked there, I'll ask that again too:
Is more than 1 scum team normal in a large normal game on this site? This is the first large normal I've played in, and outside of themed games, all games have only had one scum team that I've played on here thus far.

Would scum normally be told if there are two scum teams? In my experience they are only told of their own team, though admittedly the only games I've played on here with two scum teams have been Kise's Square/Enix themed games.
LynchMePls wrote:You let it fall away because you brought up suspicions and then did 0 pushing, questioning, or scumhunting of it at all. You'd bring it up, and then move on to other things. You even specifically used the words "leave him for now". The only time you got "massively pissed off" about it was near deadline, and all the hate was moving towards NC. Very easy for scum to sit around at that point and go "but guys, why aren't we voting this guy" who is your scum buddy. I don't like the way you played towards Esp at all, it reads like distancing scum.

Everytime you check through a thread you unvote first? That would be ridiculous. If you don't do it everytime, then why did you do it this time? This is part of what I meant when I said I wanted you to elaborate on this. It looks suspicious.
Go check my ISO of the time frame, I unvoted and then wound up being away for a while. When I can't guarentee to be able to check through the thread instantly, and I want to check through it, then yes, I will remove my vote so if it takes a few days there's no chance of my vote being on a potential bad lynch.

Is this somehow scummy then? Because it to me seems like perfectly logical behaviour.
LynchMePls wrote:It's really simple. You said Looker was pointing out things that needed pointing out. At the time you said it, the thing that Looker had pointed out was the watcher claim. If that isn't what you meant by Looker's "pointing things out" then YOU are the one who needs to explain what you meant. "Pointing things out" is vague, so I had to infer what you meant. And since what Looker was pointing out directly at that point of time in the thread was the watcher claim. It's not a misrep if you don't make yourself clear in the first damn place. Nice try though.
Pardon?

All Looker had pointed out was the watcher claim? Are we telling lies here? I think we are, considering the post I linked you to was me stating that Looker had pointed stuff out in his previous long post, which, as it happens, was before I pointed out Looker was "obv. town".

Which means not only had I explained what I meant already to CKD, I had also pointed it out to you in that post.

Nice try though.
LynchMePls wrote:I thought it was obv. It reads like this in my head "LMP is making a good case, but CD isn't scum cause I know he isn't, but I'm going to say that I'm going to go read his posts further, so that if I need to push CD as a mislynch I can. I'll even add language about doing the ISO when I 'have enough free time' so no one holds me to it. It'll be really nice to have an updated vote count so I know if this is a really viable mislynch or not". What ever came of "have a further look at your posts"? You never commented on it after this post and before CD's mislynch. Did you never 'have enough free time' for it? You did apparently find time to distance from the CD wagon once it was about to happen here:
So what you mean is you made it all up? Gotcha.
LynchMePls wrote:Yet somehow, between "I'm going to have to take a further look at CD" and his lynch, we have 7 posts from you and not one mention of that further look into CoolDog. We do have this:
PranaDevil wrote:zwet, why are you only commenting on the CoolDoG wagon after it's too late for anything to change? If you felt he was town why didn't you speak up when he was due to be lynched?
Irony, how delicious.
I felt he was scummy, but felt Looker was more scummy by that point, yes earlier he seemed obv town, but that day he needed to actually do something rather than be as useless as Jack has been all game.
LynchMePls wrote: You're informed scum that knew there was only 1 scum team.

Point. I made it.
As I said above, from my knowledge (which is two whole themed games) scum aren't even told whether it's 1 team or more than 1 team. So how would scum even know if there was only 1 scum team?

Sense, make some.
LynchMePls wrote:Best ending ever. After an entire post I devote to showing scummy behavior, you're going to claim I didn't give a reason? That is absurd. Nice deflection.
You didn't give a reason, you posted a lot of stuff that was nothing more than fluff that you have failed to explain WHY any of it is scummy. Why would scum be more wary of a quick lynch than town?

Why would scum unvote before checking the thread but town wouldn't?

You have failed miserably to explain WHY the behavious is "scummy" you've just pointed out a ton of stuff that is essentially "why do you play like that? I don't" and sorry, but I'm not going to bow down and follow your playstyle, I'll play how I choose to play, and I tend to play a bit more cautious than most. But how that's scummy I have no effing clue.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Jack »

unvote, vote:prana
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

*scratches head*
*looks at the sky*
*ponders*
*scratches head some more*
*scribbles on the ground*
*stares at scribble just made*
*ponders it*
*nods head*
*brings redcoyote over*
*redcoyote reads*
VOTE: prana
*redcoyote and i shake hands*
*redcoyote leaves*
*ponders more*
... People were right it seems....
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by vollkan »

PD wrote:
LMP wrote: He was at 4 votes in a large game and you were going to be gone for 24 hours. How on EARTH could you be afraid of a quick lynch? It's preposterous. Your refusal to clarify it from that craptastic response is bad.
Are you suggesting scum are more likely to be more cautious than town then?
Complete strawman

PD+2

I'm going to wait for LMP to respond to the rest

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”