Mini 1046 - Murder in the Desert (Game Over!)

boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:07 am

Post by boberz »

Cheers Ythill, I think my meta is pretty consistent but I dont play enough games for people to believe my day 1 play is like that as both, which means epic early wagon. ALthough I am not always as clueless as I am in this and Mafia in Mendo. But I always seem to end up as a bit clueless

Also loads of people were chatting about the obv town nature of Lowell. I dont disagree but it is much too easy for experienced player to use meta knowledge as obv town. It is much harder to accept that until you have seen it for real.
WeaponsofMassConstruction
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:08 am

Post by WeaponsofMassConstruction »

RAEG. I am pissed.

Probably wouldn't have gotten boberz though.

And, yeah, Lowell town.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:13 am

Post by boberz »

How come everyone in the dead qt had me and nobody in the game? Is there some kind of deathbed revelation.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by Oso »

I think it has to do with the pressure being taken off. Clears up the thinking a bit. I've been a part of one other dead QT late in the game and the players there had it pretty much doped out by the time I arrived.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by xvart »

And I wanted to say that the reason I was so absent for those few days is that I witnessed a domestic abuse on the campus where I worked, and since I am also the conduct officer at the school I was totally bogged down with police reports, incident reports, interviewing people, politicking, etc. that my focus was totally elsewhere. I never offer excuses during games unless specifically asked because I don't think personal life should bleed into the game and I really wouldn't even want to offer an option for someone to accuse me of making it up since I would fly off the handle (not that anyone would have this game).
Oso wrote:I think it has to do with the pressure being taken off. Clears up the thinking a bit. I've been a part of one other dead QT late in the game and the players there had it pretty much doped out by the time I arrived.
I think it also has to do with the fact that there is no consequence to what anyone says. There are no repercussions since everyone is already dead. I know on occasion (however rarely lol) I filter myself in games because of not have the political clout to push through what I'm saying or haven't really been able to comprehend the fallout.

Nic - I thought the game was ran excellently. Great flavor for a normal and everything was run smoothly. Kudos on the first moderating. I would not hesitate to enlist in another of your games.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Nicodemus wrote:Also, as a first time mod, how do you think I did? Any comments/suggestions/critiques about improving for the future?
This was your first game? Really? Wow, it came across to me as very polished and refined, like you had done this dozens of times. Excellent job.
Oso wrote:Bub. Dude I'm not going to tear apart your play but man, you need to work on your Day 1 scum game.
I totally agree. One of these days I might actually survive to a decent point in a game as scum. Maybe...

And I also hope that my self-hammer/staged implosion didn't make anybody think I was insane. I was just trying to distract the town away from Boberz, who I thought was getting lynched on D-2 for sure.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by charter »

I actually thought long and hard about why you self hammered. I thought for sure it had to be because you were happy how the day went, and you were cementing one of your buddies in a town spot with some distancing, which pointed me to boberz. In the end I just chalked it up to you being a noob cracking under pressure. Oh well.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

charter wrote:You did a great job modding. That doesn't get said very often anymore, either.
Parama wrote:d(''d) GJ Nic.
boberz wrote:The modding was attentive and good I really enjoyed this game.
xvart wrote:Nic - I thought the game was ran excellently. Great flavor for a normal and everything was run smoothly. Kudos on the first moderating. I would not hesitate to enlist in another of your games.
Bub Bidderskins wrote:This was your first game? Really? Wow, it came across to me as very polished and refined, like you had done this dozens of times. Excellent job.
Thanks a lot guys, your praise is very much appreciated. Definitely sign up for Slaxx's and my game when it gets going, it's gonna be the shiz.
DemonHybrid wrote:I liked the hell out of your flavor.
You know, there is a thread where comments like these could be taken to their full potential. Hint, hint. :D
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by Slaxx »

he liked the hell of it, not loved the hell out of it. Geez
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by Parama »

*goes and reads game's flavor*

<___<
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by Slaxx »

i ctually read it since nic and I are IRL friends. its an obligation.

SIGNUP FOR OUR MINI NORMAL WHEN YOU SEE IT KTHX
Xine
Xine
Goon
Xine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by Xine »

One thing I have taken from this game is that nightkill speculation is a good idea. on two different occasions I had Oso/Socrates pegged as scum based on nightkills. once on Boberz too. none of my other scumhunting ideas got me anything good.
this was a cool game, thanks everyone
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by Oso »

Xine, did you have any thoughts/plans on how to counter an accusation that you(scum) used a Town Doc to fake-confirm you by no-killing on a night you were almost 100% sure you would be his protection target?

You would have definitely gotten some help with that from Slaxx but he's the only one between him and Weapons that you would have gotten that support from. Especially since you and Slaxx had me and him paired as a scum team.

Had you tracked me and got me killing DH, I'm curious as to how you would have countered a bogus track accusation on my part. Especially as Weapons was town but would have been very willing (or at least open to) believing the crap I would have fed out? Or I think he would have been at that point.

How about the day it happened? Same question but a day earlier and it came from an actually townie this time instead of scum.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by Oso »

The reason I ask is that one thing I have always been unable to not do (even as town) is try and figure out the best way to lynch a PR. Not NK them but rather get them lynched and do it in a way that won't backfire on me.

Call it an intellectual exercise...or a really twisted sense of fun.
-
Xine
Xine
Goon
Xine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Xine »

Would I have even gotten a result on you, being the godfather? If I had and you claimed bogus result, I would have not argued very much, just voted you, and told the town to not be dumb, pretty much. As far as the idea that as scum I would have pulled a no kill, when there was a claimed doctor, is just silly. I can't think of any reason I would do that. but maybe I'll see a different perspective whenever I get the chance to play as scum.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Oso wrote:The reason I ask is that one thing I have always been unable to not do (even as town) is try and figure out the best way to lynch a PR. Not NK them but rather get them lynched and do it in a way that won't backfire on me.

Call it an intellectual exercise...or a really twisted sense of fun.
Balance considerations pretty clearly pointed to Xine being town. Early on lynching a PR just requires a higher burden of proof and later on and later on it tends to be pretty clear whether there are scum among the claimed PRs.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:37 am

Post by Oso »

Good points with both.

Mainly an exercise on my part mentally. I was curious though if in her speculation, even if it was just in her mind, if it had occurred to her that scum might have done something like deliberately?

Honestly, on the no-kill night (even though I knew from reading the mafia thread when I returned that it was a confluence of errors that caused it) I was very surprised that hardly any mention/discussion was made of it. Not from scum but from town.

I can only imagine DH's thoughts on the morning he found he was still alive. "WTF, I'm still alive?" Paranoid bastard that I am, I would have least mentioned (were I in DH's shoes) that after I was out of the thread to be at least open to the possibility that scum had just used me to 'confirm' one of their members.

Or maybe he did and I missed it. There was alot I just skimmed while I was gone and this was one big thread.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:38 am

Post by Oso »

Oh, and yes Xine. Being Godfather (in this game at least) only protected me from a Cop (which we didn't have). Any other role would have worked as advertised. Had you tracked me that last night you would have found that I visited DH.
-
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:23 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

That was actually the idea I mentioned in the QT Oso. By no-killing N3, mafia were able to ensure lylo on D5 rather than mylo on D4. If Xine
had
been scum, this would have been the perfect play, because the town wouldn't be in a situation where they no lynched to get to lylo, only to find that the claimed tracker didn't die during the night.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

The one thing that surprised me this game was that Boberz survived until the end. It seemed like he got at least some suspision every day, from D-1 right up to D-5, and yet he was never lynched. Was that more a failure of the town or was it more a sucess on Boberz' part.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by xvart »

I would say a failure on the towns part. Like I said, I was about to go after him during my initial demise but didn't think I could pull it together, then Slaxx hit the scumdar hard. I want to go back and look at his D1 bus and see what it was and how great it was (as everyone is saying).

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Xine
Xine
Goon
Xine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:43 pm

Post by Xine »

good point nic, I wouldn't have thought of that.
Bob did a good job, and town failed, I just need to learn to trust myself more, I kept second guessing all my good reads, wish me luck on that...
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by xvart »

I didn't mean for that last post to be demeaning towards Boberz; I should have said a nice combination of both. Boberz did do a nice job in the later days, but I don't think he was immune.
boberz, ISO19 wrote:You are right, one of my posts didnt come out yesterday. I made a detailed case and vote on Bub Buddikins. I will do it again in a sec.

unvote vote Bub

Sorry.
Boberz - did you really forget to vote Bub or was this post a lie? :lol:

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by Oso »

Before I read the mafia QT when I got back from my trip (I read the thread first) I had convinced myself that boberz/Soc were convinced that DH had been lying. If I remember the timing correctly, DH claimed last didn't he?

Wouldn't be the first VT to claim Doc at the end of a massclaim to draw the night kill....I remember thinking to myself, "No, they didn't do that..." and that the no-kill night actually was an attempt on Xine.
-
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:51 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Oso wrote:Good points with both.

Mainly an exercise on my part mentally. I was curious though if in her speculation, even if it was just in her mind, if it had occurred to her that scum might have done something like deliberately?

Honestly, on the no-kill night (even though I knew from reading the mafia thread when I returned that it was a confluence of errors that caused it) I was very surprised that hardly any mention/discussion was made of it. Not from scum but from town.

I can only imagine DH's thoughts on the morning he found he was still alive. "WTF, I'm still alive?" Paranoid bastard that I am, I would have least mentioned (were I in DH's shoes) that after I was out of the thread to be at least open to the possibility that scum had just used me to 'confirm' one of their members.

Or maybe he did and I missed it. There was alot I just skimmed while I was gone and this was one big thread.
I was very stunned that I was still alive, yes. But I immediately started making conclusions after a few seconds.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”