AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Mini 1073: Autumn Mafia - Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:43 am

Post by AGar »

The city of Kelvor had always been a quiet, peaceful city, with no inherent problems. Citizens went about their day to day lives normally, just enjoying their surroundings. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary or abnormal.

That was until this past September rolled around. Bodies started turning up left and right. Whiskey soured the breath of the local politicians. All signs pointed to organized crime becoming the apparent problem. Now, as October rolls into full swing, the city is almost in complete ruins. Twelve of you remain, but you know that not all of you are honest in your intentions. It is up to you to figure out who among you are out to take over the town. When you find them, you'll deal with them like any sensible law-abiding citizen - you'll hang them high in the streets.

===========ANTI-SPOILER BUFFER==================

===============================

The Fighting Few
- Names in
bold
have confirmed.

Me=Weird, Mafia Goon
- Survived to Endgame
Equinox
Wingless
, Mafia Godfather
- Survived to Endgame

Bereft of Life

FeRnAnDo, Town Cop
- Lynched, Day 1
Zinive, Town Jailkeeper
- Killed, Night 1
Shattered Viewpoint, Vanilla Townie
- Killed, Night 1
Chesskid3
Oso
, Mafia Goon
- Lynched, Day 2
PerArdua,
Vanilla Townie
Neutral Survivor
- Modkilled, Day 2 for Violating Rule 12
Antihero
cruelty
, Vanilla Townie
- Killed, Night 2
Xine
Ythill
, Vanilla Townie
- Lynched, Day 3
ICEninja, Vanilla Townie
- Endgamed
Llamarble, 1-Shot Town Vigilante
- Endgamed
Netopalis
Netlava
Vanilla Townie
- Endgamed

Most Recent Votecount

Final Day 3 Votecount
ICEninja (0)
-
Llamarble (0)
-
Me=Weird (0)
-
Netopalis (0)
-
Equinox (0)
-
Xine (4)
- ICEninja, Equinox, Me=Weird, Llamarble

Not Voting (2)
- Netopalis, Xine

Vanilla Townie Role PM
Dear XXXX,

You are a
Vanilla Townie
. You only have your voice and your vote this game. The game thread is here, and you win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

The game will begin when 10 of 12 players have confirmed via PM.

Please confirm you have read your PM by PMing your role back to me.
Last edited by AGar on Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:01 pm, edited 33 times in total.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:44 am

Post by AGar »

Rules
- This game uses the BaM ruleset. Please pay attention to them as they differ from many other rulesets, especially to rule #12.

1.) Votes must be
bolded
and at the start of a line. If we don’t see it, we wont count it. I suggest using the new vote and unvote tags that the forum provides.
2.) Unvoting is nice, but not necessary.
3.) Once a majority is reached, that person is lynched.
4.) If there is no majority at deadline, there will be no lynch for that day.
5.) Day 1 will have an approximated deadline based on when the game starts – it will be no less than a week.
All following days will have a deadline of 7 days.

6.) Nights will have 48 hours maximum. Any night actions not submitted will simply not happen – the thread should be open 48 hours following a deadline lynch.
7.) Do not talk about this game outside the thread unless your role allows you to.
8.) When you die, you are dead. Stay that way.
9.) Do not edit posts. Do not use invisible text. Do not use small text.
10.) Do not quote any communication from the mod (that includes PMs) in the game thread.
11.) If you are going to be gone for an extended period of time, please let me know. See rule 12.
12.)
If you do not post for the equivalent of a full game day (see rule 5) you will be modkilled. Further, you will be blacklisted from any future games using the BaM ruleset. Keep in mind that there are no replacements for flaking in a BaM ruleset game. Other circumstances requiring replacement are up to the mods discretion.

13.) If you notice mistakes aside from the vote count, PM me. Bold notification about vote count issues in the thread.
14.) Play to win.
15.) Play with the spirit of the game in mind.
15.a.) This means ASK before you do something you think I might question. Questions are good. Modkills are bad. See rule 12.
16.) Have fun. Remember that everyone playing are actually real people and treat them as such.
17.)
Red
is our color. Don’t use it.
18.) Night actions are determined using Natural Action Resolution

Papa Zito is my backup mod.

Setup Reviewers were numerous, including Vi, Ythill, Papa Zito, VP Baltar, MichelSabelheart, SpyreX and JDodge
Last edited by AGar on Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:44 am

Post by AGar »

Role PMs are being sent now. The game will begin when 10 out of 12 players have confirmed.

Waiting for a new player, Ythill was a reviewer for this setup.

Back on track. Thank you to Xine for replacing Ythill. Role PMs are being sent now (for real). The game will begin when 10 out of 12 players have confirmed.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:28 am

Post by AGar »

Searching for a replacement for Wingless, who has requested to be replaced.

Equinox replaces Wingless!

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:19 am

Post by AGar »

And with Me=Weird's confirmation, we're off to the races.

The chosen 12 gathered around the heap of bodies that had piled up over the past months. They knew action had to be taken, and their was no longer any time to wait.

Votecount 1.0
cruelty (0)
-
FeRnAnDo (0)
-
ICEninja (0)
-
Llamarble (0)
-
Me=Weird (0)
-
Netlava (0)
-
Oso (0)
-
PerArdua (0)
-
Shattered Viewpoint (0)
-
Equinox (0)
-
Xine (0)
-
Zinive (0)
-

Not Voting (12)
- cruelty, FeRnAnDo, ICEninja, Llamarble, Me=Weird, netlava, Oso, PerArdua, Shattered Viewpoint, Equinox, Xine, Zinive

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
No one
is the current wagon leader, at
L-7

Deadline is October 29th, 2010 @ 11:59 PM EDT

Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Me=Weird »

Vote: FeRnAnDo

Bad shift key.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:33 am

Post by Oso »

Hello Xine, Equinox (hope this game is as enjoyable as the ones I played with you folks before) and to the rest, nice to meet you.

VOTE: cruelty

Because cruelty is just wrong....unless it's cruelty to mimes then I'm all for it.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:34 am

Post by Llamarble »

Vote: FeRnAnDo

For getting Lady Gaga stuck in my head
Zinive
Zinive
Goon
Zinive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:45 am

Post by Zinive »

Yeah a game *happy face*

So we are going with random voting fine then

VOTE: Oso

There is a TV show on I believe Nick Jr. with this name and my niece sometimes forces me to watch this horrible show so my anger is on you little yellow teddy bear.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:53 am

Post by Oso »

Special Agent Oso I think it is. :)

Haven't watched it.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by Netlava »

VOTE: Oso

He seems kind of antsy.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Unvote; Vote: Oso
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by Equinox »

VOTE: ICEninja

...before he writes so many walls that I end up replacing out again!

Shout-outs to ICEninja, Me=Weird, Oso, Shattered Viewpoint, and Xine. Nice to see you all once more.

Okay, guys, I'm on
V/LA until October 20
, so with this egosearch post done, I am going to go disappear for a few days.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Hello all. Special nods to Equinox and cruelty, whom I have played with before.

I have to say, days are frighteningly short in this game for some reason. I may not be able to give my full level of analysis that I provide in most of my games, simply because there won't be enough time to do so. I'll do the best I can with what I get.

I like to start games off by asking a few questions.
1) What is your timezone? This can be important if you live overseas and we're waiting for a post from you.
2) What is your mafia experience, here and elsewhere?
3) How frequently do you expect to be able to post? This is exceptionally important this game.

-I live in the PDT timezone. Expect me to post occasionally before class and sporadically from the afternoon to evening. Posting is reduced on Fridays and Sundays, which may be significant for this game's short days. I'll do my best.
-I have a growing number of MS games under my belt, in the low double digits now. I also have a decent amount of party based mafia experience prior to my joining here.
-I tend to post. A lot. And long ones. Expect to do a decent amount of reading on my account. If this is a problem, you should say something now. Also, as a rule of thumb, I dislike the RVS and do my best to get the ball rolling quickly. This is extra important with short days.

Llama, is there any good reason that you've switched your votes so early? What did you feel like you would accomplish by unvoting a random vote to only place another vote without any comment?
Net wrote: He seems kind of antsy.
Really? I haven't seen anything that even remotely resembles antsy. I've gotten a friendly and polite vibe from him, so I feel your random vote is especially bad.

Equinox's is dead on, though.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

Hello to Equinox, Xine, Netlava, and M=W! Oh, and hi to the Mod, but he hardly counts. ;)

For the questions:

1) Pacific

2) I am Legion.

3) I will be *able* to post at least once per Real Life Day; whether I'll have anything of substance to say is a different matter entirely. Also, if I get a bug up my ass about some stupid thing one of you has done, expect much textual beration over it. I'm better than all of you, and the sooner you realize that and treat me as such, the easier this game will be.

I refuse to participate in Random Voting, so let me know when you're done with that.
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
Xine
Xine
Goon
Xine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by Xine »

Hello all.
Oso, Equinox, great to see you 2 again.
Shattered Viewpoint, hello to you too, I don't recall being familiar with you though... and also, as far as I'm concerned, RVS can be over as soon as you find a reason to vote someone.

1) What is your timezone? This can be important if you live overseas and we're waiting for a post from you.
I live in the PST time zone (is that what you meant by PDT?)
2) What is your mafia experience, here and elsewhere?
this is my 4th mafia game ever, all have been on this site
3) How frequently do you expect to be able to post? This is exceptionally important this game.
usually once per day, maybe more, I am working 9-5 right now, so either before or after work are my posting times
ICEninja wrote: I may not be able to give my full level of analysis that I provide in most of my games, simply because there won't be enough time to do so. I'll do the best I can with what I get.
this seems like a set up for future excuses, and strikes me as scummy.
what strikes me as even more scummy is Llamarble's opportunistic third vote on Oso
VOTE: Llamarble
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Zinive
Zinive
Goon
Zinive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Zinive »

Lol Oso for changing you avatar and yep your right thats exactly the one I meant.

1) UTC+01:00 currently its 3:20 where I live
2) This is around my 9th game. I played a lot of different formats on this side I have played 3 newbie games prior to this game.
3) I can't give a time since its extremely random but at least once per real life day should be doable.

Interesting start to mix RVS and a tiny bit of RQS together. I personally don't mind larger walls of text as it gives much more to work with.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Xine wrote: I live in the PST time zone (is that what you meant by PDT?)
No. We are in daylight savings time, so therefore our timezone is currently called PDT. After the first Sunday of November, it will be called PST. D = daylight, S = standard.
Xine wrote: this seems like a set up for future excuses, and strikes me as scummy.
If you read the rules, game days last only 7 RL days. Most games have 3 week deadlines, which is what I am used to. Being that each game day will be so short, we'll have dramatically reduced content to work off of. Therefore I'll have a lot less to analyze, and probably won't be able to present the level of analysis that I would be personally satisfied with in a normal game.

I hope you don't take this as an excuse. Had I understood what BaM ruleset meant, I probably would have waited for this game to go by before my /in. I suspect this is why the game took ages to fill.
Xine wrote: what strikes me as even more scummy is Llamarble's opportunistic third vote on Oso
This I agree with fully.

Xine, quick question. Are you male or female? In my experience not everyone with a female avatar actually is, and your name seems somewhat gender neutral.
Xine
Xine
Goon
Xine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by Xine »

I am female, My name, Xine, is just a shortend form of Chistine, and the avatar is actually an image of me that DGB created in stained glass.
are you male or female?
Zinive, is that 3:20 am, or pm?
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Zinive
Zinive
Goon
Zinive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by Zinive »

Its AM
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Questions:
Timezone- Pacific.
Experience- one mafiascum.net game and a lot of live games.
Post frequency- Pretty often.

Do you really believe a scum would think making a third vote on someone this early could lead to a lynch?
That seems extremely dubious to me, and making a statement you don't believe in is scummy.
Ice agreeing surprises me as well. Maybe he's just being opportunistic.

My early votes are both intended to apply pressure. Discussion beginning -> Future votes will be based on my reads.
Pressure comes from bandwagons so I put my vote on one and then moved it when a bigger one presented itself.
That Netlava provided a reason for his vote also influenced me, since votes + a reason = more pressure and is more likely to produce discussion.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by Oso »

Zinive wrote:Lol Oso for changing you avatar and yep your right thats exactly the one I meant.
Thought it might be, seems a pretty popular image ATM. Don't worry though, it bugs me so I'll be going back to Bug-Eyed Earl shortly.

As to Ice's questions,

Pacific, same as you and Xine.
A hair over 50 games but most of them were on sites other than MS.
It's sporadic. I spend alot of time at the computer though (I work from home) so one post every 48 hours will be the longest I go w/o a post.

As to the votes on me so far? Pretty much RVS.

Zinive - Obvious RVS
Netlava and Llamarble...going to go ahead and lump those together and say attempts to end the RVS. If you put a gun to my head and I had to rank them I'd say netlava comes off slightly worse. Using my odd backhand logic, netlava used a reason, unneeded at this point in the game. Llama simply changed his vote, no reason, to draw fire and see who bit.
-
PerArdua
PerArdua
Townie
PerArdua
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by PerArdua »

Hello to one and all. Shattered Viewpoint and ICEninja are gonna give pause every time they post. Your avatars look the same out of my peripheral vision.

As for your questions:

1)I am also in PDT. (Good ol Seattle)
2) I've completed a game or two a little over a year ago on this site and played a few times offline. I've just started getting back into mafia and replaced into another game recently but this is my first from Day 1 in a while.
3) At least once every real life day. I will have limited access from Friday night to Sunday afternoons as those are our busy days at work.
"Watching his tale with the words he unfolds"
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Xine wrote: are you male or female?
It is listed under my join date.
Llama wrote: Do you really believe a scum would think making a third vote on someone this early could lead to a lynch?
That seems extremely dubious to me, and making a statement you don't believe in is scummy.
Maybe, maybe not. I've seen people put someone at L-1 during RVS without even realizing it was L-1, and get attacked for it. Quiet, reasonless unvoting and revoting like yours is generally the cause of such things. While I haven't been in any games where this has happened, I have seen people hammered in the first 4 pages without the final voter even realizing until it's too late. Presenting reasoning for voting, such as what Xine did to you, generates good discussion. Quietly placing your vote on someone just for the sake of forming a bandwagon very rarely helps anyone, and just tends to make players uncomfortable. It can be that scum will get more uncomfortable under pressure, but in my experience that is only the case when there is actually a valid case against them. No good scum is going to give off a real reaction here just because people are bandwagoning, and poor players can pile up excess pressure.
Llama wrote: Pressure comes from bandwagons so I put my vote on one and then moved it when a bigger one presented itself.
That Netlava provided a reason for his vote also influenced me, since votes + a reason = more pressure and is more likely to produce discussion.
That's funny, you placed a vote without any explanation whatsoever. I agree that it could generate discussion, but simply placing a vote for the purpose of placing a vote isn't helpful.

I agree to some extent with what Oso said about the votes, but I don't feel like a reason for voting is ever unneeded at any point in the game. Even in the RVS, there are reasons to suspect and vote people.

I apologize if our avatars are similarly colored, but I don't feel they look particularly alike. It isn't as bad as having multiple anime avatars in the same game. That is the worst to me.
Zinive
Zinive
Goon
Zinive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Zinive »

I also thought that the 3rd vote was scummy since this is most of the times the point where random voting can turn into a bandwagon. The reasoning given for why also doesn't satisfy me. Oso is talking currently adding pressure now just seems odd.

UNVOTE: Oso

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”