Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by nameloc1986 »

Antihero wrote:
nameloc1986 wrote:
Antihero wrote:
Antihero wrote:
nameloc wrote:...places suspicion on Jason after he answered his question???
First off, the intention of the question was to get Jason to give some opinions on other people. I didn't think jason would just vote shotty w/o a reason.
... :lol: didn't finish the thought.

Second off, why is it scummy to not like the reaction to a question, even if the question is yours?
Because the question felt more like a "friendly" question and then your response made me feel like you set him up for a trap.

Kinda of like:

"Hey do want to try this chocolate cake or this pound cake?"

"I think I'll try the chocolate."

"WHY THE FUCK DID YOU CHOOSE THE CHOCOLATE??"

-Exaggeration I know but the point is that he did what you asked in a sense. He jumped on a bandwagon. Then you jumped on him.
This is a false analogy. Also, it's an exaggeration to say that I "jumped on Jason."
nameloc1986 wrote:I guess that does make Jason look more like a "follower" but being Day 1 and close to the RVS, I didn't think it was absolutely necessary to give a reason right then.
OK, well that's a matter of personal opinion.
It may be an exaggeration but you still were suspicious of him. And how is it a false analogy? You ask him to try a bandwagon out, he chooses a bandwagon, doesn't give a reason and then find him suspicious for it. That's pretty much what the analogy entails.

Let me ask you this question: Why did you ask him to join a bandwagon?
Town Record: 2 - 3
Scum Record: 1 - 0
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Antihero »

To get him to give some opinions instead of talking about theory. I've repeated said that already. [/frustration]
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by Antihero »

nameloc wrote:It may be an exaggeration but you still were suspicious of him. And how is it a false analogy? You ask him to try a bandwagon out, he chooses a bandwagon, doesn't give a reason and then find him suspicious for it. That's pretty much what the analogy entails.
You're acting like I rigidly presented him with absolute choices, and I didn't. If jason came back and said "I don't like either wagon, I'll vote this player for X reason" that would have been fine with me (provided X reason isn't scummy).
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by PogoStick »

Antihero wrote:Hey joystick, when you do your readthrough, I'd like you to talk about this (esp. the italicized part):
HopOnMyJoystick wrote:
unvote

my vote on Andrew was not serious, the fact he got to L-2 doesn't sit well with me, I'm looking at these bandwagons and why they formed,
I don't think Andrew is the day 1 lynch, even if he is scum.
He just is too easy a vote and mafia can hide in there without any worry about being FOS'd cause it's Andrew.
I'm eagerly awaiting the catchup post by CKD.
[/quote]
what do you want me to talk about?

Andrew is almost always targeted day 1, he mostly fake claims power roles as town, lynching him day 1 is too easy for mafia to jump on his wagon cause Andrew is always scummy.

acting scummy =/= scum.
Show
Call me Rob, Hop, or joystick but I am better known in mafia world as the "Fall guy"

AtE is not a scum tell.

Town: 0-1
Scum: 1-1
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by nameloc1986 »

Antihero wrote:
To get him to give some opinions instead of talking about theory. I've repeated said that already. [/frustration]
Sorry I see where you said that now.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by Antihero »

HopOnMyJoystick wrote:
Antihero wrote:Hey joystick, when you do your readthrough, I'd like you to talk about this (esp. the italicized part):
HopOnMyJoystick wrote:
unvote

my vote on Andrew was not serious, the fact he got to L-2 doesn't sit well with me, I'm looking at these bandwagons and why they formed,
He just is too easy a vote and mafia can hide in there without any worry about being FOS'd cause it's Andrew.

Andrew is almost always targeted day 1, he mostly fake claims power roles as town, lynching him day 1 is too easy for mafia to jump on his wagon cause Andrew is always scummy.

acting scummy =/= scum.
What do you mean what do I want you to talk about?

You just declared someone off limits for lynching, even going so far as to say he shouldn't be lynched even if he's scum!

Playing the VI card for andrew here = yikes
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by nameloc1986 »

2003041 wrote:@DF: I really don't know if a no lynch would be beneficial at all in this type of set-up (probably not), but my point was that if there is not enough evidence for me to merit a vote, I will not vote. I stand by what I say in post 77 that a lynch will give us more info than a no lynch, but I don't want to vote for someone just because I HAVE to vote.
Alright, let's say that hypothetically that two people were at L-1 right before deadline. You don't have strong scum reads against either of them but your decision was key to making a lynch. What would you do?
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by andrew94 »

Dry-fit wrote:Andrew, you never really answered my original question about your attack on HOMJ. Why did you make such a half-hearted attack on what would have been a monumental scumslip?
ok so someone says 'so theres 2 scum left...' in an open game or 'im scum'
and your supposed to think 'OMG THATS TOO BIG SCUMSLIP therefore cant be scumslip.

no way, every little time counts.
i didnt make half hearted attempt, he hasnt replied to my last thing
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by andrew94 »

andrew94 wrote:
HopOnMyJoystick wrote:er stop with the insults or i shall start.
when i looked at your post 'minority' i thought instantly to 'uninformed minority' aka town, therefore i felt you were trying too hard to be town
i think it was this. he hasnt replied yet
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:46 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Dry-fit wrote:Andrew, you never really answered my original question about your attack on HOMJ. Why did you make such a half-hearted attack on what would have been a monumental scumslip?
Do you think it was a scumslip?
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:11 pm

Post by 2003041 »

nameloc1986 wrote:
2003041 wrote:@DF: I really don't know if a no lynch would be beneficial at all in this type of set-up (probably not), but my point was that if there is not enough evidence for me to merit a vote, I will not vote. I stand by what I say in post 77 that a lynch will give us more info than a no lynch, but I don't want to vote for someone just because I HAVE to vote.
Alright, let's say that hypothetically that two people were at L-1 right before deadline. You don't have strong scum reads against either of them but your decision was key to making a lynch. What would you do?
I don't know whether in this setup if a no lynch wouldn't hurt town or not. Even if I don't have a strong read on a player as scum, it would be very difficult for me to hammer. I would probably do a re-read and look at all the evidence and make a choice based on that. If a no lynch has a negative impact on the town in any way, I would vote, but not before looking at the cases presented.

Also, I apologize for not posting much. I've been running around everywhere recently. I'm hoping that either tomorrow or wednesday I can do some isos and get some questions out there.
Show
New Game: Town 0W//1L Scum 0W//0L Power Roles: 0/1
Replacement: Town 1W//0L Scum 0W//0L Power Roles: 1/1
Work by day, Guitar Hero/Rock Band by twilight, Mafia at night. THAT, my friends, is a perfect day!!!

We need subscribers for our GH/RB team to be sponsored.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TEAML3G3NDOFFICIAL <----Subscribe here to help us.
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:08 pm

Post by PogoStick »

Antihero wrote:
HopOnMyJoystick wrote:
HopOnMyJoystick wrote:
unvote

acting scummy =/= scum.
What do you mean what do I want you to talk about?

You just declared someone off limits for lynching, even going so far as to say he shouldn't be lynched even if he's scum!

Playing the VI card for andrew here = yikes
do you know he is scum? cause I sure don't and I have seen andrew lynched day one for being scummy and he is town. If you guys want to lynch andrew have at it but personally he is just an easy target for scum to get away unsuspected.

@andrew - my comment about minority was not referring to this game it was referring to this site in general, people have problems lynching VT claims on day 1 and I understand that, that is why i have dropped it and moved on. That was my RVS/RQS conversation and am now in the game and don't really wish to discuss it anymore.

if you woud like to debate the issues of lynching VTs, we can start a thread somewhere and discuss it, right now nobody in this game has even come close to claiming, so no point it discussing the pros and cons of lynching VTs just yet.
Show
Call me Rob, Hop, or joystick but I am better known in mafia world as the "Fall guy"

AtE is not a scum tell.

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:15 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I don't really think Anti-Hero 'jumped' on me as it has been put. He asked a question of me nothing more, however I explained my reasons.

Andrew, out of all these games you have been lynched on day 1.... whats your scum/town ratio IE how many times have you been scum and how many times have you been town.. And how many times have you fake claimed, as town?
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:01 am

Post by PogoStick »

I am still wondering when shotty is going to come and participate, he has questions directed towards him and no response from him yet
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:34 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

jasonT1981 wrote:I don't really think Anti-Hero 'jumped' on me as it has been put. He asked a question of me nothing more, however I explained my reasons.
Yeah yeah, this has already been addressed and I already admitted to exaggerating.
HopOnMyJoystick wrote:I am still wondering when shotty is going to come and participate, he has questions directed towards him and no response from him yet
search.php?author_id=13944&sr=posts

He's been online the past couple of days, but only on this game to vote andrew and then he invited him to a marathon game. Since then he's been doing a couple of marathons (never finished the one he started) but has had time to post in other games. Granted I'm not sure what this says.
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:13 am

Post by PogoStick »

Disinterest or hiding
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:57 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

hiding? you think he could be waiting out the slight heat on him, waiting on focus to turn elsewhere? hmmm, scum tatic?
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:34 am

Post by PogoStick »

Tbh inactivity can be used by both sides
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:51 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

I wouldn't take shotty's inactivity as that big of a shock. I did some further checking on him and he's in at least EIGHT FRICKIN GAMES currently. I think the best thing to do is ask the mod for a prod on him and move on.

@mod: can you prod shotty?

I know it may seem early for a prod but I don't want to play with someone who's not going to have time for this game!
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:07 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

8 games, jesus....

hmmm, interesting..with the above post nameloc1986 seems to have defended both Shotty... and Andrew now.. the two most talked about people in the game currently.
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:15 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

There's no defending shotty at all in that post. I'm merely pointing out facts and saying we should maybe focus on someone else UNTIL shotty comes back or gets replaced.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:31 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

it seemed like you were making excuses for him in your last one, maybe im just looking into it far too much.
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:36 am

Post by PogoStick »

Is it me or is this game being played by the same 5 or 6 people ;)
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:03 am

Post by Zdenek »

I don't like what I've seen from Joystick so far. I agree with Anti-hero, that the comment about Shotty overreacting is a little scummy. He hasn't done much scum hunting (except for being concerned about Shotty putting Andrew at L-2), and he has put a lot effort into defending Andrew, who, while I have to agree is an easy day one lynch, has given us no reason to think that he is town.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:11 am

Post by andrew94 »

jasonT1981 wrote:I don't really think Anti-Hero 'jumped' on me as it has been put. He asked a question of me nothing more, however I explained my reasons.

Andrew, out of all these games you have been lynched on day 1.... whats your scum/town ratio IE how many times have you been scum and how many times have you been town.. And how many times have you fake claimed, as town?
all town, once scum.

fakeclaimed about the same amounts as davidparker

Return to “Completed Open Games”