jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:24 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:fuck quad post..

follow up question, jason, you feel that Hop is scummy enough to leave him at -1 in the face of the claim?
With the claim, I think the removal of vote was probably the better move. I am weary of lynching claimed Power roles, if he had claimed VT then maybe I would have been easier with him still being at -1. But I think Shotty is the best lynch for today because of this post I made when I voted. I will link to it as the quote is big and I don't want to create text walls. Pay attention to the bolded at the bottom near the vote.. I think that is cruical evidence against Shotty

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 7#p2586587

Andrew is my 2nd choice of best lynch.

EBYOP: Why did you think Shotty would be targeted by Mafia?

I don't know, seems awful convienient you targetted him in the night and now are pushing for his lynch, unless you know something we don't?
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:32 am

Post by PogoStick »

Am I pushing his lynch? Hmm I just thought I had voted for him, which is not the same as pushing for him to be lynched.

Also just cause the person I watched didn't die doesn't clear them as being town

I only recognize 3 names in this games so basically it came down to picking one of the 3. I picked him cause we just won together as maf so his name was freshest. I didn't think mafia would target Andrew as he is typically an easy lynch in games.
Show
Call me Rob, Hop, or joystick but I am better known in mafia world as the "Fall guy"

AtE is not a scum tell.

Town: 0-1
Scum: 1-1
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:42 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

of all the people "to be targetted by mafia"..I would think he would be the last...but if you just won with him, i guess it makes sense.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:05 am

Post by andrew94 »

hoponmyjoystick is NOT a watcher

he is 'vanilla'
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:09 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

andrew94 wrote:hoponmyjoystick is NOT a watcher

he is 'vanilla'
So you're trying to claim role cop? hmm........

Watcher is kind of a easy claim since there two of them. I'm catching up on what I've missed now.
Town Record: 2 - 3
Scum Record: 1 - 0
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:16 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

andrew94 wrote:hoponmyjoystick is NOT a watcher

he is 'vanilla'
Given your track record... forgive me for not taking you 100% at your word.. Also, answer my question, Andrew please.

Also, if you are right, and you are in knowledge of JS role being 'Vinilla', why would a townie claim watcher if he was VT? I see no possible reason for VT to fake claim watcher as it could lead to others being outted as watcher and screwing the town over.

I am lead to believe your making crap up again.
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:35 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

HopOnMyJoystick wrote:So reading back, nameloc seems to have some sort of weird connection with shotty, first says he gets town read than an idiot read
WTF? So I have an apparent connection with anyone I get a town read off of? I guess this is one big food fight of spaghetti then. :roll:
Joystick wrote:he admits to helping Andrew out by saying he is an idiot and cause he is lynched early day 1, which is really a different approach I took in saying we should not lynch Andrew day 1
I'm not denying this is true, but I was trying to caution everybody just like you were. I didn't want to vote for him just because of scummy/odd behavior when he has a history of being a VI.
Joystick wrote:he than goes after anti-hero and votes him but I don't understand his reasons why
Because I just thought his way of asking Jason a question and then saying he was suspicious for his answer was almost like a trap. I know it was weak but it was just something that bugged me.
JS wrote:as soon as I question shotty about his vote and not responding to my question, he starts making excuses for him
his post 33 he just copies other people's questions
I was not making excuses. I was just as curious about his absence as you were so I checked up on it. I explained why he might have been absent, but also said that I didn't know what it meant. I'm not sure how you get the idea that I was defending him.
JS wrote:his post 35, he says "the reason WE ask" as if letting it slip he is working together with shotty and anti-hero
WE as in I wasn't the only one to ask. And why do you say "shotty" and not BAZZ? Don't you mean BAZZ and antihero?
JS wrote:he also doesn't feel shotty seeming so sure it's a mis-lynch as being scummy, yet when I repeat his wording I am scummy
I explained this in my post#37. You both said the word "mislynch" but he said "while we can afford a mislynch" while you said "use the mislynch now". I get two different reads off this quote.
JS wrote:seems like nameloc is working with shotty or at least buddying him
point out the posts where I am buddying with him. The only thing that supports this is my "early town read" on him. In the whole mislynch thing, I don't DENY that shotty is scum, but that your words look scummier.
JS wrote:also tries to immediatly discredit Andrew so any suspicions cast on him are thrown out for being VI
You're right. I was probably quick to call andrew a VI. I guess it was because of frustration with my last game with him. Since its ongoing I can't reference it, but you should know because you're in that game! :wink:
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:38 am

Post by Antihero »

HopOnMyJoystick wrote:I watched shotty last night actually, I just felt like if he was town, he would be targeted by mafia
LOL

shotty, you're cool and I like you, and I'm not trying to be mean. But Joystick, you honestly think shotty (assuming he's town) would be the prime target for a N0 mafia kill?
joystick wrote:I only recognize 3 names in this games so basically it came down to picking one of the 3. I picked him cause we just won together as maf so his name was freshest. I didn't think mafia would target Andrew as he is typically an easy lynch in games.
Who was the third?
jason wrote:Also, if you are right, and you are in knowledge of JS role being 'Vinilla', why would a townie claim watcher if he was VT? I see no possible reason for VT to fake claim watcher as it could lead to others being outted as watcher and screwing the town over.
According to the sign up thread, mafia goons show up as "vanilla" to the role cop.

However, I still think you're correct that andrew is fakeclaiming.
smashbro wrote:1 Role Cop --- Investigates someone. Will get a yes if the person is a Watcher or Hider, no if the person is vanilla town or a goon
Andrew specifically mentioned "vanilla." That doesn't follow the style of results smashbro seems to be giving.
@MOD: Does the Role Cop get a specific role (e.g. Watcher, Hider, Vanilla) or does he get a yes or no?

Still not liking CKD.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:48 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

Zdenek wrote:I'd like to add to the case on Nameloc.
I think he is reaching for reasons to vote.
When he voted for antihero, he questioned him about questioning Jason for jumping Shotty's wagon, and when he voted for Joystick, he did so because he interprets Joystick's statement: "... use the mislynch now" as a scumslip. Now, taken literally, and out of context, it might be a scumslip. But in context, it doesn't seem that bad to me, especially considering how Joystick is acting.

Vote Nameloc
Aren't we all "reaching for reasons" though? No one knows for sure who's scum so we all have to do scumhunting.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:54 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Ah ok, I didnt see the roles listed in the start of the game which is how most mods do it... I guess if the watcher gets vinilla on a goon then Andrew could be telling the truth. I say Could given his past.

He still needs to answer my first question.. and now a 2nd

Andrew, what made you investigate Joystick?
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:54 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

UNVOTE: Joystick

Watcher is an easy fake claim for a scum, but I'll buy it..........for now.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:58 am

Post by Antihero »

What exactly has andrew done? Claimed doc as VT once? I know a few people who have done that.

Is his track record w/ fakeclaiming really that bad? Depending on smashbro's answer to the question, there's no reason to not believe andrew AFAIK.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:04 am

Post by Antihero »

BTW, scumspectrum

(Town)ooBAZZoo---nameloc1986---Dry-fit---jasonT1981---Zdenek---drmyshottyizsik---andrew94---curiouskarmadog---2003041---HopOnMyJoystick(Scum)
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:06 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Antihero wrote:What exactly has andrew done? Claimed doc as VT once? I know a few people who have done that.

Is his track record w/ fakeclaiming really that bad? Depending on smashbro's answer to the question, there's no reason to not believe andrew AFAIK.
I think these two posts answer your question.. it looks like more than once. I could have sworn there was a post from him saying he only has done it once as scum, and in 75% of the time... but I cant see that post on an ISO.
andrew94 wrote:@jason i have forgetton the exact number of times i fakeclaimed for the greater good

make case on jason later...
andrew94 wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:I don't really think Anti-Hero 'jumped' on me as it has been put. He asked a question of me nothing more, however I explained my reasons.

Andrew, out of all these games you have been lynched on day 1.... whats your scum/town ratio IE how many times have you been scum and how many times have you been town.. And how many times have you fake claimed, as town?
all town, once scum.

fakeclaimed about the same amounts as davidparker
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:08 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:
andrew94 wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:I don't really think Anti-Hero 'jumped' on me as it has been put. He asked a question of me nothing more, however I explained my reasons.

Andrew, out of all these games you have been lynched on day 1.... whats your scum/town ratio IE how many times have you been scum and how many times have you been town.. And how many times have you fake claimed, as town?
all town, once scum.

fakeclaimed about the same amounts as davidparker
shut up!!
You fake claim in 75% of your games
OK my mistake, it was Shotty said the 75% thing, not Andrew himself.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:29 am

Post by Zdenek »

CKD wrote: sry for triple post Zden and jason, why did neither of you ask who he targetted last night?
I'd started writing my post earlier and saw both your post and Joystick's post in separate previews. By the I finally posted it, I was in a hurry and not thinking carefully.

Antihero, you go from this:
Antihero wrote: However, I still think you're correct that andrew is fakeclaiming.
to this
What exactly has andrew done? Claimed doc as VT once? I know a few people who have done that.

from one post to the next?
Andrew wrote: hoponmyjoystick is NOT a watcher

he is 'vanilla'
I am willing to believe this even though Andrew's meta says that he fakeclaims. When he does it, isn't it to take a night kill when he is a VT to save a PR, rather than trying to get a townie lynched?
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Zdenek »

nameloc wrote: Aren't we all "reaching for reasons" though? No one knows for sure who's scum so we all have to do scumhunting.
I just don't like what you came up with in those instances.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:41 am

Post by Antihero »

AH wrote:What exactly has andrew done? Claimed doc as VT once? I know a few people who have done that.

This is dependent on smashbro saying "vanilla, watcher, hider," by the way. If smashbro says "yes or no" andrew is fakeclaiming.
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:50 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

Zdenek wrote:
nameloc wrote: Aren't we all "reaching for reasons" though? No one knows for sure who's scum so we all have to do scumhunting.
I just don't like what you came up with in those instances.
Fair enough.
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:53 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

Zdenek wrote:I am willing to believe this even though Andrew's meta says that he fakeclaims. When he does it, isn't it to take a night kill when he is a VT to save a PR, rather than trying to get a townie lynched?
But you run the risk of the real "PR" to counterclaim which might make people assume Andrew is scum. If he gets lynched for it, then the real "PR" will get targeted for nightkill and you lose TWO townies AND a valuable PR.
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:58 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

So if Andrew is VT and he just "fakeclaimed" RC, he just risked the counterclaim of the "real" RC. The fact that Andrew has faked claimed at least once before goes to show that he's capable of doing it again. "Stupid is as stupid does." We need to be really careful with this and how we handle it.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:03 am

Post by Zdenek »

nameloc1986 wrote:
Zdenek wrote:I am willing to believe this even though Andrew's meta says that he fakeclaims. When he does it, isn't it to take a night kill when he is a VT to save a PR, rather than trying to get a townie lynched?
But you run the risk of the real "PR" to counterclaim which might make people assume Andrew is scum. If he gets lynched for it, then the real "PR" will get targeted for nightkill and you lose TWO townies AND a valuable PR.
I'm not 100% sure what you mean. I am not saying that Andrew is making a good play if he is fake claiming.

To people more experienced with Andrew's meta: when he fake claims is it when he is at L-1 or does he do it at any time? Would he be willing to risk getting a townie killed just to fake claim?
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

Antihero wrote:
smashbro wrote:1 Role Cop --- Investigates someone. Will get a yes if the person is a Watcher or Hider, no if the person is vanilla town or a goon
Andrew specifically mentioned "vanilla." That doesn't follow the style of results smashbro seems to be giving.
@MOD: Does the Role Cop get a specific role (e.g. Watcher, Hider, Vanilla) or does he get a yes or no?
Role Cop receives either "yes, he/she is a power role (which is Watcher or Hider)" or "no, he/she is not a power role (which is vanilla town or mafia goon)". If yes, the Role Cop will not be told if the person is Watcher or Hider, and if no, the Role Cop will not be told if the person is VT or a Goon.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Antihero wrote:
AH wrote:What exactly has andrew done? Claimed doc as VT once? I know a few people who have done that.

This is dependent on smashbro saying "vanilla, watcher, hider," by the way. I
f smashbro says "yes or no" andrew is fakeclaiming
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:
Role Cop receives either "yes, he/she is a power role (which is Watcher or Hider)" or "no, he/she is not a power role (which is vanilla town or mafia goon)
". If yes, the Role Cop will not be told if the person is Watcher or Hider, and if no, the Role Cop will not be told if the person is VT or a Goon.
Actually, as much as I have been thinking Andrew is scum, your analysis (the bolded) is wrong..

If Andrew is being truthful he recieves a yes or no he can still be telling the truth here..

If he got a no result from the mod on JS like he says he did, that means the person in question is Vinilla (JS) to him and Andrew knows that via the no (I am assuming he got a no). So getting a yes or no instead of vinilla does not make his a fakeclaim.

Now I am actually confused. This is making me think Andrew is telling the truth actually. The mod confirming he gets a yes or no does not mean he is fakeclaiming... he can detect Power roles and non power roles from a simple yes or no from the mod and declare the person in question vinilla in game...
Last edited by smashbro_of_the_SSS on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Mod, can you fix my quotes please? thanks

Awesome, I got to use my modly powers! :) anyway, quote fixed.
Last edited by smashbro_of_the_SSS on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Completed Open Games”