Mini 1057: Unsubsidized Mafia (Game Over!)

saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:33 am

Post by saporovirus »

@ Thor: I suppose I'm putting too much faith in patterns, but jimfinn ALWAYS get lynched early for lackluster, lurky, fluffy play, and he's usually town. I jumped on the far_cry wagon because I felt like I had to switch to someone, and it will only put him at L2. I am suspicious of how he's played throughout the game; his contributions seem like too little, too late, and they've only come after pressure has mounted against him.
but I love you still

unsanitary999: african earl grey more like a freakin' pearl gay
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:46 am

Post by Thor665 »

So, and correct me where I'm wrong here;

jimfinn is ALWAYS lynched early for bad play.
He is statistically town more often then scum - as is every player on the board.
You want to lynch Far_Cry for bad play.

Did I miss something here?
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:56 am

Post by saporovirus »

Why would you rather put the hammer on jimfinn, though? I mean, he at least has actually stuck his neck out and voted for people, for reasons other than that they are after him. Far_Cry posts long, wishy-washy analyses that mirror what other people have been saying, and really only makes a strong stand against jimfinn, who is such an easy lynch to sell. It just seems to me like he is lying low after stumbling several times yesterday, and I feel like a town player would dust himself off and at least try to genuinely participate.
but I love you still

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:57 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Thor665 wrote:A cop claiming no investigation due to laziness/accident?
That's a new one on me.
It does happen, and it is always so frustrating when it does. Sometimes it is scum trying to survive for another day or to cause confusion, but they generally lie about having investigated someone since they know everyone's alignment.
In any case, that + no counter claim = I believe nexus.
DemonHybrid wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:I'm not voting jimfinn. Still a terrible lynch.
It's almost as if you
know
he is town.
Do you?
Of course not.

Assuming you know that I already claimed VT, is this an attempt to associate me with him?
I know that you have claimed VT but my belief that you are indeed town is starting to waver. I've never seen a player without any other evidence be so sure that someone is town. Especially when that someone hasn't been playing a very pro-town game at all.

As far as me associating you with him... I think its fair to say that you are pretty heavily associated with him due to your own actions.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

saporovirus wrote:Why would you rather put the hammer on jimfinn, though? I mean, he at least has actually stuck his neck out and voted for people, for reasons other than that they are after him. Far_Cry posts long, wishy-washy analyses that mirror what other people have been saying, and really only makes a strong stand against jimfinn, who is such an easy lynch to sell. It just seems to me like he is lying low after stumbling several times yesterday, and I feel like a town player would dust himself off and at least try to genuinely participate.
So your answer is that you think Far_Cry has had worse play then jimfinn?

I want to lynch jimfinn because I tend to suspect FC was a counter wagon to singersinger and I believe jimfinn's lurking has been strategic in nature which I don't think can be believed of FC's lurking.
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:17 am

Post by saporovirus »

Well, FC has had worse play if he really doesn't want to get lynched, because he's not been very pro-town at all. But who started the FC wagon? I will take a bit of a look at D1 and get back to you.
but I love you still

saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:55 am

Post by saporovirus »

Thor665 wrote:I want to lynch jimfinn because I tend to suspect FC was a counter wagon to singersinger and I believe jimfinn's lurking has been strategic in nature which I don't think can be believed of FC's lurking.
FC hasn't been lurking. He's just been offering wishy-washy statements. I also think the FC counterwagon is a valid theory only if you're very sure that jimfinn is scum, because he started it and some pro-town players jumped on it due to it's merits.

I am pretty undecided on jimmy-boy. Which actually directly contradicts something I posted earlier today. Why aren't you hammering him, Thor?
but I love you still

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:19 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

I know that you have claimed VT but my belief that you are indeed town is starting to waver. I've never seen a player without any other evidence be so sure that someone is town. Especially when that someone hasn't been playing a very pro-town game at all.
I'm confident in my reads.
As far as me associating you with him... I think its fair to say that you are pretty heavily associated with him due to your own actions.
What a bad way to put it.

Being associated with someone is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT BALLGAME than having a solid town read on them. Associated meaning you're affiliated with them in some way (like masons or scum). Having a town read on them meaning you're confident they're town, but not confirmed that they are.

ThAdmiral, I should say the same thing about my read on you. You've been twisting my arguments around a little more than is comfortable, and I don't like when people do that. Means they're not thinking things through. And scum are usually the ones that don't think things through.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Thor665 »

saporovirus wrote:Why aren't you hammering him, Thor?
Because I'm not done with the day yet and there's still some reactions worth seeing.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

saporovirus wrote:
Thor665 wrote:I want to lynch jimfinn because I tend to suspect FC was a counter wagon to singersinger and I believe jimfinn's lurking has been strategic in nature which I don't think can be believed of FC's lurking.
FC hasn't been lurking. He's just been offering wishy-washy statements. I also think the FC counterwagon is a valid theory only if you're very sure that jimfinn is scum, because he started it and some pro-town players jumped on it due to it's merits.

I am pretty undecided on jimmy-boy.
Which actually directly contradicts something I posted earlier today.
Why aren't you hammering him, Thor?
I like your honesty. +town points, and...well, the miller claim. I can see where you're coming with on that.

Consider yourself most town IMO, jim 2nd.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by jimfinn »

saporovirus wrote:Why would you rather put the hammer on jimfinn, though? I mean, he at least has actually stuck his neck out and voted for people, for reasons other than that they are after him.
Far_Cry posts long, wishy-washy analyses that mirror what other people have been saying, and really only makes a strong stand against jimfinn, who is such an easy lynch to sell. It just seems to me like he is lying low after stumbling several times yesterday,
and I feel like a town player would dust himself off and at least try to genuinely participate.
Thank you for this excellent summary of why FC's D2 play is scummy.
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Chevre »

Vote Count 12

(4) jimfinn (ThAdmiral, Nexus, Far_Cry, redtail896)
(3) Far_Cry (jimfinn, DemonHybrid, saporovirus)

(2) Not Voting (nhammen, Thor665)

With
players alive, it takes
votes to lynch!
Replacing nhammen.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:33 pm

Post by Nexus »

unvote

I'm gonna have to read Far Cry again. I'm getting convinced now.
Trans rights are human rights.
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:09 am

Post by redtail896 »

jimfinn wrote:
saporovirus wrote:
Far_Cry posts long, wishy-washy analyses that mirror what other people have been saying, and really only makes a strong stand against jimfinn, who is such an easy lynch to sell. It just seems to me like he is lying low after stumbling several times yesterday,
jimfinn wrote:
saporovirus wrote:
jimfinn
, wishy-washy analyses that mirror what other people have been saying, and really only makes a strong stand against
Far_Cry
, who is such an easy lynch to sell. It just seems to me like he is lying low after stumbling several times yesterday,
I goes both ways in my opinion. In addition, I still don't see this singer-FC connection that you've been talking about.
You can just call me Redtail. If I could, I'd change my name to that anyway.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:43 am

Post by Thor665 »

Nexus wrote:I'm gonna have to read Far Cry again. I'm getting convinced now.
Convinced of what? I'm with redtail on this, I don't think there's been anything made that even sort of resembles a case on Far_Cry other then noting basic weak play - what do you think the case is?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:52 am

Post by Nexus »

I don't rightly know. However, the fact that the wagon has built up as quickly as it did, again, means that there must be something there. So I'm going to read and see whether people are making a mountain out of a molehill, or have in fact got a point.
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:12 am

Post by saporovirus »

So there isn't a great case against Far_Cry or jimfinn. Thor mentioned that the FC wagon was a counterwagon to singer, but I don't necessarily see good evidence of that either.
but I love you still

saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:16 am

Post by saporovirus »

Also, Thor, you yourself were all for wagoning Far_Cry early in d1. It's not like he's become magically more pro-town since then.
but I love you still

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:49 am

Post by Thor665 »

@saporo - I was all for wagoning him early Day 1, the logic of why I wanted him lynched then doesn't hold up as well for a Day 2 lynch. Quite frankly, at early Day 1 I was up for wagoning darn near anybody but people wouldn't vote.
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:27 am

Post by redtail896 »

saporovirus wrote:So there isn't a great case against Far_Cry or jimfinn. Thor mentioned that the FC wagon was a counterwagon to singer, but I don't necessarily see good evidence of that either.
Do you have a 3rd option. I've actually been going through ISO's looking at who besides FC and jimfinn I would be willing to lynch. If you believe that neither of those 2 cases are convincing, who is your next choice?
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:28 am

Post by redtail896 »

EBWOP: the first sentence there should have a question mark. Do you have a third option?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:04 am

Post by Nexus »

Far Cry: In the space of two posts, he says "Yay, well done for helping us to move towards getting out of RVS" and then he says "Wait, no, don't go out of RVS!" This, to me, is confusing, and contradictory. Admits he is wrong, and that he should contribute mmore. Dunno what to make of that; I think it's just being conciliatory so as not to ruffle any feathers.

Doesn't seem to want to take a stance until there was more talking. Really defensive re: Thor. A lot of complaints about activity on Day 1.

Day 2: He agrees with someone elses work. Riding the waves wooo. Got really angry at saporovirus for pointing it out too. I find that quite suspicious, really quite defensive (ISO #40) He posts a good town list, though, although a lot of it is patting others on the back. Trying to win points off of them?

Asking questions (ISO #53), not a play I've seen mid-game, it's usually done RVS. Might just be because I'm fairly new.

Needs to come back, he's disappeared after he asked DH a question. Although, DH's response was pretty poor. "I already explained it, I'm not going to reiterate it."

DH is actually quite fixated by Far_Cry.

Far_Cry is a bit scummy, yes, but I'd prefer to lynch jimfinn out of the two. At least FC is more active.

So, I'm probably going to go back to jimfinn.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:55 am

Post by Thor665 »

I want DH to explain the Far_Cry connection to singersinger
specifically
or link me to the post where he already did so.

After that I'll probably be game to lynch jimfinn.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:03 am

Post by Nexus »

See, that's one of my main concerns. DH is absolutely 100% convinced that FC is scum, and I think it's clouding him a bit.
Far_Cry
Far_Cry
Goon
Far_Cry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Far_Cry »

Oh, finally activity picks up. I see some things flying around, and some votes on me. I don't have time to post today, but I will do analysis and post tomorrow.
View my new PC gaming blog at: http://poorpcgamer.blogspot.com

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”