Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2300 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:24 am

Post by Vi »

Zachrulez wrote:Oh, I didn't notice that the serephs got 100% of the battery converted. We only got 1/3rd. I'm not sure why that is...
Me and the reviewers REALLY thought this game was scum-sided :? and wanted to limit how much the scum could do relative to Town. I think the balance is more or less where we wanted it, at least given how GG didn't really spam power roles. If he had put more roles out it may have been too much of a handicap for scum. But yes, Plum is correct that something like lynching early SHOULD carry an extra benefit for Town.

Alternative answer in two words: Quick Change. That battery refill Day 4? That was scum doing that at Town's expense :P The fact that it gave the Town the ability to further argue a Day into oblivion for dubious benefit was a secondary bonus.

Yes, Quick Change was a scum ability from the beginning.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:34 am

Post by Vi »

Also, your mod got dense and completely forgot to post the unstuffed version of the action receipts.

This is the full spreadsheet.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Hey Vi, it says you gave Chrono the blocker on 2159 but that was where you made the rule change, Did you send out the Chrono-blocker PM early or is that just a mistake?
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:22 am

Post by AGar »

mothrax wrote:I agree with not maximizing the qt... It pissed me off a bit... Sp was In and out and agar likes flying solo... Most of the talk that did happen was after my lynch too...
Yeahhh.... sorry about that. ^^

I dunno, SK would theoretically be perfect for me... but then it's a combination of town and scum. And that's just weird. Like... it's like a bisexual mafia role.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:32 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Psssssssst one of you should post the scum quicktopic, I don't see anyone objecting and you've all posted >.>
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:37 am

Post by SocioPath »

Iecerint wrote:I wonder what I could've done to actually get a wagon going on him D4...Glorky can always do it... :(
Silly Iec Cuebs...
I've only been in 3 games with Glorky.
And you were in each of him.

OS Mafia, he died N1 without any band wagons on me. You died as mafia and lost. I lived until endgame and won as SK.

IA Mafia, he died N1 while wagoning the hell out of me. You died as town and lost. I lived until endgame and won as mafia.

LR II Mafia, he replaced in, and ACTUALLY WAGONED ME TO DEATH! :o I died D1! But wait... you died as town and lost. GLORKSCUM lived until endgame and we won as mafia.
So the only time he got a wagon going was when it benefited both of us for the win.

So really, if me, you and Glork are in a game...the only things that "always" happen is my winning and your losing.
Iecerint wrote:My blood boils when SP beats me and he's scum and I knew he was scum, but meh.
<3
100%.

mothrax wrote:Sp was In and out
Yeah, I had a lot on my plate at that time, not really the type to post V/LAs, so I was coasting thru all of my games at that point...but got back on track and picked it back up.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Iecerint »

I am a silly goose.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:36 am

Post by Vi »

Gammagooey wrote:Hey Vi, it says you gave Chrono the blocker on 2159 but that was where you made the rule change, Did you send out the Chrono-blocker PM early or is that just a mistake?
I posted rule addition
You granted Holy Order before anyone else posted
At next vote count Chronopie receives RB

in that order

Most of the post numbers in the spreadsheet for action submission refer to the most recent post made when the action was submitted.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:48 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by Wraith »

Okay, what the fuck. Furcolow knew Icerint was confirmed town BUT VOTED HIM ANYWAYS?! WHAT THE FUCK

Also, how could the seraphs have died?
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Uh Iec was in absolutely no way confirmed town.
He was confirmed neighborizer which in Vi games means JUST ABOUT NOTHING. Except you can talk to him. Whenever ya want.

Seraphs could have died if they went into the game by using their abilities- "Last Resort" and "Trump Card" if I remember right. It makes them players in every way (can vote, can die to lynch/scum kill/vig) except I don't think Tar would have gotten access to the scum kill.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:40 pm

Post by SpyreX »

So I decided to try it, since I'd seen other players do it to good effect in games where I was scum; everyone proxying to SpyreX, for example, is unnerving.
This has happened?

Where was I?

---

I think this setup did everything Vi (and us helpers) hoped. It was a fun game that went down to the wire with minimal issues and a lot of fun. I applaud all of you all the way around!
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:29 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Bah. I could have done better and actually helped the town more. I disappeared at the wrong time though. Oh well.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by Vi »

MafiaSSK wrote:Bah. I could have done better and actually helped the town more. I disappeared at the wrong time though. Oh well.
You actually did pretty well while you were here. Most of your Halos were on the right people and all of your abilities turned out for the better (well, except Iecerint's Neighborizing, but that's not your fault).
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by Wraith »

@gamma: But Furcolow had a QT with Icerint, right? So why the fuck did he vote the only person he knew was definitely town?
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by Fate »

Thought about it this morning I forgot to say:

Setup was BRILLIANT. Lil sad I didn't get to take part in it though.

Basically a 1v1 Mafia game with legions of angels and demons fighting eachother. Really ingenious set-up Vi, would <3 to /pre-in for whatever you have cooking next.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:57 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Wraith wrote:@gamma: But Furcolow had a QT with Icerint, right? So why the fuck did he vote the only person he knew was definitely town?
Why are you going from quicktopic->town? They're not masons, it comes with no mention of alignment, and if you didn't notice scum could give out neighborizer too, AND me+mafiassk didn't know for sure if we were giving abilities to town or scum for all of them except Plum and CKD.

Fate, I'll probably see you there, and chances are going to be pretty high that everyone's going to have some sort of pseudo-day kill ability if I remember Unreal Tournament Mafia correctly.
So don't shoot me, kk?
o(<_<)o
__u_u___
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:17 am

Post by Vi »

Fate wrote:Really ingenious set-up Vi, would <3 to /pre-in for whatever you have cooking next.
I think Holographica would be relevant to your interests.~

Pre-in taken.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:18 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Vi wrote:
Fate wrote:Really ingenious set-up Vi, would <3 to /pre-in for whatever you have cooking next.

Pre-in taken.
May I have one too? >w<
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:48 am

Post by Vi »

VasudeVa wrote:
Vi wrote:

Pre-in taken.
May I have one too? >w<
Sure. This topic can be considered an announcement in a public place, so it should be legal.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:35 am

Post by Plum »

pre-/in

Unless things happen, I'm interested as well.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:41 am

Post by mothrax »

unless your full already, count me in, if not, can I be on a list for a PM when it goes into sign ups?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:56 am

Post by Vi »

Plum wrote:pre-/in

Unless things happen, I'm interested as well.
I'm actually concerned about you, though.
The game takes place in real(ish) time. Missing a day or a weekend may/will put you at a disadvantage.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:14 am

Post by Plum »

Hmmmm.

Depending on how intensive each post from me will be, that shouldn't rule me out automatically. Frankly I only have a 27-odd hour stretch, at a generous estimate, where I can't post each week. I don't always post much Saturday nights and such because I may be busy, tired, or lazy, but.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:19 am

Post by Vi »

Very well. I'll take you in for now and you can decide later.

mothrax makes five, I think. I need to start copying these down :nerd:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”