/Invitational 11: Pick your Poison 5 (Game Over)

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:23 am

Post by Patrick »

Top of Page Votecount

No votes!

Not voting: Plumegranate, SpyreX, mith, Fate, PokerFace, iamausername
6 alive, 4 to lynch.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:23 am

Post by SpyreX »

MAYBE I DONT WANT TO GIVE UP MY CARD.

There's one thing nagging that I need to review but yea
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:04 am

Post by Fate »

Because you're scum and weren't wrong, I know.

I swear scum are being so ballsy and coy this gamr,
First ooba not ccing his scumbuddy with a smile now this.

Must be the daytalk.

Its coming SpyreX, can you feel it? I seriously can't believe you left me alive again
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:18 am

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh dont you start that again.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:26 am

Post by Fate »

HehehehHahHaHAHHHHAAHAHAHaAhHaHAHHHAaAA
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:34 am

Post by SpyreX »

DAMNIT FATE

NO.

I'll have more words later
Show

Proud member of BaM
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:40 am

Post by Fate »

I HAVE MORE WORDS ALREADY WRITTEN UP.

JUST WAITING FOR TEAMIAMPOKER.

COWER IN YOUR BOOTS SPY.

WHEN HAVE I EVER BEEN WRONG ABOUT YOU BEING SCUM??
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

Well this looks actually quite simple. Mith isn't scum because of the DGB incident. Plum isn't scum for the same reasons i said yesterday.

Fate could have easily let Hacker get lynched a day sooner without effort. He had no reason to go after ADB as scum. He was so lazy in the Of gods and man game not reading everything. He wouldn't go after ADB unless he truly had some motivation. I still don't think ADB was really acting much like a Power Role so I don't see scum fate going after him for that. Only way Fate would have spent effort to lynch one townie over another would be if Fate was town and really thought ADB was more likly scum.

With those three ruled out and knowing what I role i have its got to be IAM and SpyreX. If we can figure out which one is the Roleblocker they should obv die first. I'll go back and check Rhinox's posts and see if he could have caught something like that. Other than that I think i'd lynch either one of them. I'll go back and check the thread to see if one is worse than the other and thus a better option than just process of elimination. i'll try and post monday or tuesday at the latest.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:24 am

Post by Fate »

One down.

One to go.

And then we can get our awesome on.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:47 am

Post by Fate »

HackerHuck and SpyreX are scum together. I will eat my hat, my coat and my pants if they are not.
I EXPECT YOU TO POST APOLOGIZE PROFUSELY IN THE DEAD QT BTW.

YOU TOO HACKER. HOW MANY TIMES DID I ASK YOU TO HAMMER?
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by mith »

Fate: 1955, "I begged and BEGGGGGGGED for a goddman Ooba hammer yesterday, it never came. He was at L-2, HH was at L-1. SO WHAT THE FUCK WHY NOT?" - This is nonsense. The ooba hammer "never" came because we were waiting on a CTD catchup; a mere 38 minutes passed between the completion of that catchup and your "JUST FOR KICKS?" post. At the time, ooba was at L-2, but I had made clear that I was waiting on CTD and would put my vote back on that night - effectively, they were tied, with HH as the deciding vote. Further, while HH was at L-1,
you apparently weren't aware of that when you made the post
("Holy shit HH IS at L-2.").

You aren't currently my top suspect; but the sudden switch from "oobascum oobascum oobascum HAMMAR OMG" to "hey, let's just lynch HH, teehee" smells. No amount of yelling is going to prevent me from looking carefully at your posts.

PokerFace's 1557 catches my eye as the odd man out from day 3. Scroll up to look at the previous vote count - everyone else still alive in the game was voting for DGB or ooba (as was the case at the time of the Plumegranate claim, actually).

In PokerFace's previous post (1524), he dismisses the ooba wagon with some odd reasoning, then gives a lengthy analysis of the DGB gambit (leaving out the obvious counter: "DGB-scum would gambit even where it doesn't provide any concrete scum advantage; she would do it just becauses DGB-town gambits") to rule her out as well. In 1557, he gives some vague suspicion on Plumegranate (contrast the lenghty, if flawed, DGB gambit analysis in the previous post), then tacks on the lame "I think they have the most votes" and votes for them... despite the 4-4-4 vote count having just been posted, and ignoring the Plumegranate claim, with confirmed-innocent Kmd (in his one moment of lucidity in this game) making a good argument for their innocence.

So: PokerFace is the obvious choice here. That said, one of you was bussing in that vote count (two if PokerFace is somehow innocent), and I can see cases for all three. iamausername pushed hard with me on DGB, but initially wanted to go for Rhinox instead (and was perhaps intending to push Rhinox again after a DGB lynch, if not for Rhinox being the second Tracker); he also went HH over ooba. SpyreX was on both DGB and ooba day 3, and ooba yesterday, but his vote switches the entire game have felt odd; he hasn't shown a willingness to lynch scum so much as a willingness to lynch anyone who happens to be a leading candidate. Fate's DGB votes feel a little forced (the first was just following Kmd, the hammer was pretty over-the-top in the "look at me, I control who lives and dies" sense), and while he pushed ooba hard, see above end-of-day-5 shenanigans.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by Plum »

Okay so. We have too many of my Townreads left, but that's okay because a game recently ended in which that also happened. Lo and behold it was because someone got on there for mediocre reasons including what appeared to be early attack != bussing (I actually don't think he knew whether the guy was even on his team or not).

FATE and MITH keep their slots. mith for backwards attacking (that is, DGB's behavior towards him as opposed to his behavior towards DGB). Fate for being obvtown DESPITE BREAKING MY HEART YESTERDAY ENCOURAGING HH LYNCH FOR THE LULZ :(.

PF is the only guy here I
haven't
had a strong townread on at some point and the slot hasn't really done
anything
I can remember really liking much this game. Maybe I'm biased, but for a while PF mosquitoed me with an ambivalent read blurring into the spectrum of suspecting me, which smacked a bit of a desire to set me up as a mislynch later in the game if it became feasible while not pushing anything too controversial or out of place in the meantime to earn scrutiny.

SPY
IAM

SPY might've been bussing ooba yesterday, and despite my desire not to go all paranoid about my townread on him
not
having had a scumbag on that wagon would be weird. Possible, I suppose, but. If there were one, he's easily and by the most likely guy on that wagon to be a busser.

IAM
wasn't
on ooba yesterday and pushed hard for the HH wagon and the early attacks on DGB did initially leave leeway to push Rhinox over her
and
to dismiss suspicion on DGB if he managed to push Rhinox to lynch when Rhinox flipped Town.
mith wrote:That whole sequence from 1938 to 1944 is icky. SpyreX looks worst, but I don't like that Fate goaded him into switching. On the other hand, what does scumFate gain from going so hard after scumooba? Maybe he thought HH would go down anyway (which is what happened, but it didn't seem likely until the very end; if HH had voted ooba instead of throwing himself on his sword in an endgame maybe we lynch ooba and go some way toward clearing HH).
That said, scum don't seem to know who the Vig is/outside chance that all their Roleblocking power has been used up already (but unless we assume that they went with a Roleblock-blindly Night 1 strategy,
after
the Hoopla gambit resulted in a completely wasted Janitor power). That means that if ooba had been lynched, we'd be like as not looking at:

ooba lynched Day 5

CTD (or other Townie, I guess) killed Night 5
HH killed Night 5

And by between 2-4 votes on the ooba wagon there was next to no chance ooba would get away without being lynched
or
Vigged (PF pushing an almost certain HH/ooba scumteam thar seems to be reinforcing that in case HH got lynched, and he never did move his vote to ooba even when the guy was in hammer range, amirite). Not going after ooba/pushing HH would be counterintuitive for IAUN scum given the above but. WIFOM late at night disagrees with me.
pOKERfACE wrote:I haven't read everything yet that occured over the past few days but I
was am
considering voting ooba. I may be willing to drop the hammer once I'm all caught up, though there is one thing I'd like to say first
WAS/AM? HUH?

SPYREX? DAMMIT I DON'T LIKE MY HEART GETTING BROKEN TWICE IN ONE GAME SO. JUST LETTING YOU KNOW.

PF/SpyreX would be my first be because of all that plus onescum on/one scum off ooba and one scum on/one scum off the my Townlist makes more sense than both off ooba (IAUN/PF) or both on my Townlist (IAUN/SPYREX). But that's a bit aesthetically biased. AND HAVING SAID THAT
Fate wrote: ekiM (1) -- Ellibereth
VasudeVa (3) -- Seraphim, ooba, SpyreX
ooba (6) -- Papa Zito,
VasudeVa, Plumegranate, Rhinox,
Kmd4390
, ekiM

DrippingGoofball (1) -- mith
Seraphim (1) -- SaintKerrigan

PAPA ZITO SCUM RIGHT HER
(when was ooba the leading wagon I don't remember that...)
I'd like to buy this because it's
also
aesthetically pleasing, and that's confusing me, but I'm waiting for the special on 'after IAUN and PF post WHOOOOOSH'.
Fate wrote:One down.

One to go.

LET'S GO, IAUN.
Plumegranate
Plumegranate
Goon
Plumegranate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by Plumegranate »

DAMMIT STUPID HYDRA THING

Okay so. We have too many of my Townreads left, but that's okay because a game recently ended in which that also happened. Lo and behold it was because someone got on there for mediocre reasons including what appeared to be early attack != bussing (I actually don't think he knew whether the guy was even on his team or not).

FATE and MITH keep their slots. mith for backwards attacking (that is, DGB's behavior towards him as opposed to his behavior towards DGB). Fate for being obvtown DESPITE BREAKING MY HEART YESTERDAY ENCOURAGING HH LYNCH FOR THE LULZ :(.

PF is the only guy here I
haven't
had a strong townread on at some point and the slot hasn't really done
anything
I can remember really liking much this game. Maybe I'm biased, but for a while PF mosquitoed me with an ambivalent read blurring into the spectrum of suspecting me, which smacked a bit of a desire to set me up as a mislynch later in the game if it became feasible while not pushing anything too controversial or out of place in the meantime to earn scrutiny.

SPY
IAM

SPY might've been bussing ooba yesterday, and despite my desire not to go all paranoid about my townread on him
not
having had a scumbag on that wagon would be weird. Possible, I suppose, but. If there were one, he's easily and by the most likely guy on that wagon to be a busser.

IAM
wasn't
on ooba yesterday and pushed hard for the HH wagon and the early attacks on DGB did initially leave leeway to push Rhinox over her
and
to dismiss suspicion on DGB if he managed to push Rhinox to lynch when Rhinox flipped Town.
mith wrote:That whole sequence from 1938 to 1944 is icky. SpyreX looks worst, but I don't like that Fate goaded him into switching. On the other hand, what does scumFate gain from going so hard after scumooba? Maybe he thought HH would go down anyway (which is what happened, but it didn't seem likely until the very end; if HH had voted ooba instead of throwing himself on his sword in an endgame maybe we lynch ooba and go some way toward clearing HH).
That said, scum don't seem to know who the Vig is/outside chance that all their Roleblocking power has been used up already (but unless we assume that they went with a Roleblock-blindly Night 1 strategy,
after
the Hoopla gambit resulted in a completely wasted Janitor power). That means that if ooba had been lynched, we'd be like as not looking at:

ooba lynched Day 5

CTD (or other Townie, I guess) killed Night 5
HH killed Night 5

And by between 2-4 votes on the ooba wagon there was next to no chance ooba would get away without being lynched
or
Vigged (PF pushing an almost certain HH/ooba scumteam thar seems to be reinforcing that in case HH got lynched, and he never did move his vote to ooba even when the guy was in hammer range, amirite). Not going after ooba/pushing HH would be counterintuitive for IAUN scum given the above but. WIFOM late at night disagrees with me.
pOKERfACE wrote:I haven't read everything yet that occured over the past few days but I
was am
considering voting ooba. I may be willing to drop the hammer once I'm all caught up, though there is one thing I'd like to say first
WAS/AM? HUH?

SPYREX? DAMMIT I DON'T LIKE MY HEART GETTING BROKEN TWICE IN ONE GAME SO. JUST LETTING YOU KNOW.

PF/SpyreX would be my first be because of all that plus onescum on/one scum off ooba and one scum on/one scum off the my Townlist makes more sense than both off ooba (IAUN/PF) or both on my Townlist (IAUN/SPYREX). But that's a bit aesthetically biased. AND HAVING SAID THAT
Fate wrote: ekiM (1) -- Ellibereth
VasudeVa (3) -- Seraphim, ooba, SpyreX
ooba (6) -- Papa Zito,
VasudeVa, Plumegranate, Rhinox,
Kmd4390
, ekiM

DrippingGoofball (1) -- mith
Seraphim (1) -- SaintKerrigan

PAPA ZITO SCUM RIGHT HER
(when was ooba the leading wagon I don't remember that...)
I'd like to buy this because it's
also
aesthetically pleasing, and that's confusing me, but I'm waiting for the special on 'after IAUN and PF post WHOOOOOSH'.
Fate wrote:One down.

One to go.

LET'S GO, IAUN.
This is a Plum + Pomegranate alt.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by Fate »

PLUM

omg you didnt. Yes I think you did. No Plum no... she's laughing so hard right now.

So hard.

I'll shut her up.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by Fate »

SLEEP CAN WAIT.

*CACKLES*
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:05 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Damnit you.

I need to finish this STILL but I really don't think its iaun.

I'm leaning hard on PF/mith.

Yea, thats right.

Especially the interactions with ooba. AND, ohh SNAP, the CTD kill.

Because, and I know we're gonna dance with this BUT DAMNIT YOU, I most definitely wouldn't have killed CTD. Not after his whole SpyreX is bussing HH and an HH town flip.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:11 pm

Post by Fate »

"I wouldn't have killed
CMAR
CTD"

YEAH OK.

HEY SPYREX WE DONT NEED TO DANCE TODAY. I"LL GIVE YOU A SPOILER PREVIEW:
Spoiler: TEHEE
WE AREN'T LYNCHING YOU FIRST, ITS YOUR SCUMBUDDY THATS GOING DOWN
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I KNEW that was what you were gonna say.

Apples and oranges and you know it. If you think I would entertain that stunt working a.) in this group and b.) TWICE WITH YOU META NONWITHSTANDING then I'm not coming to your birthday party
Show

Proud member of BaM
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by Fate »

YES YOU WOULD BE ARROGANT AND SILLY AND "hey scumbuddies I can manipulate fate again EZPZ leave him alive."

Don't worry my megapost will explain ALL.

ALL>

FROM NKS TO DAYTALK.

ALL.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:55 pm

Post by Fate »

mith wrote:Fate: 1955, "I begged and BEGGGGGGGED for a goddman Ooba hammer yesterday, it never came. He was at L-2, HH was at L-1. SO WHAT THE FUCK WHY NOT?" - This is nonsense. The ooba hammer "never" came because we were waiting on a CTD catchup; a mere 38 minutes passed between the completion of that catchup and your "JUST FOR KICKS?" post. At the time, ooba was at L-2, but I had made clear that I was waiting on CTD and would put my vote back on that night - effectively, they were tied, with HH as the deciding vote. Further, while HH was at L-1,

You aren't currently my top suspect; but the sudden switch from "oobascum oobascum oobascum HAMMAR OMG" to "hey, let's just lynch HH, teehee" smells. No amount of yelling is going to prevent me from looking carefully at your posts.

HEHAHHAHA

Shenanigans?
SHENANIGANS
?

I knew VV/HH was town the whole damn time, but I don't regret his lynch going through. If not, he would've STILL been around today for You+Iam+Teaparty+Spy to CONTINUALLY push, and none of you wanted to listen to me. ALSO like Plum said ooba/VV were pretty much destined to die in the same cycle if the Vig pulled his head out of his ass after shooting Ellie.

Also,
Further, while HH was at L-1,
What's your point?

My switch is explained clearly. HH being in this game WAS a detriment to town, the only people AVAILABLE to hammer Ooba (regardless of where your vote was) WERE REFUSING TO DO SO. CTD catching up or not there was NO ONE who wanted to do it. So when CTD said "hey you can end the day nao" and SpyreX was online, YEAH I said "Fuck it, let's roast 'em" Since everyone p. much agreed on one of ooba/HH scum it DIDNT MATTER who died first.

The hell are you trying to twist things for? You're town, I'm town, look elsewhere mith.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:15 am

Post by mith »

Well, that's makes some sense, at least. (Other than the "I knew VV/HH was town the whole damn time" part - that doesn't fit with your posts later in the day.)

I
want
to believe you're town (if you are), because it would make things so much easier. If we can hit the Roleblocker, or if they're out of blocks, or if they miss their block, we'd have three shots for three suspects. I'm just not there yet.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:46 am

Post by Fate »

I want to believe you're town (if you are), because it would make things so much easier.
Tech statement.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:52 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Can we get a prod on IAUN?

I just got home and I'm on some painkillers sooo I'll try and make sure this makes sense.
mith wrote:Fate: You're doing it wrong again. But FWIW, if your point is "ooba knows HH is going to flip scum, they're scum together", I think it's a good one. "Overall, pretty weak reasons for setting up my lynch tomorrow" doesn't look very good either (though to be fair he does make that one conditional with a "what if HH is town?" add-on).

(Still prefer HackerHuck lynch. But I'd vote ooba over anyone else, now.)
mith wrote: ooba: If you haven't come through on this re-read post in the next 24 hours, my vote will be moving to you. (It may move there anyway. Fate's argument is pretty persuasive.)

Hoping to have some free time this afternoon to look at possible scumgroups. Having two active wagons is helpful on that front.
mith wrote: Right now, a scumteam of HackerHuck/ooba/[as yet uncaught third member] seems very likely. If HackerHuck is scum and ooba is town, I would have a hard time going outside the group of (SpyreX, PokerFace, Fate), in that order.
If HackerHuck is town and ooba is scum, SpyreX and Fate look better
and I'd have to reconsider Seraphim and iamausername. If they're both town, I've lost my mind.
mith wrote:That whole sequence from 1938 to 1944 is icky.
SpyreX looks worst, but I don't like that Fate goaded him into switching.
On the other hand, what does scumFate gain from going so hard after scumooba? Maybe he thought HH would go down anyway (which is what happened, but it didn't seem likely until the very end; if HH had voted ooba instead of throwing himself on his sword in an endgame maybe we lynch ooba and go some way toward clearing HH).

I need to review iamausername. And the end of day 3 again; we had two scum in the mix and came close to lynching Plumegranate instead.

Gut ranking of possible scumgroups:

PokerFace-SpyreX
PokerFace-iamausername
SpyreX-Fate
PokerFace-Fate
SpyreX-iamausername
iamausername-Fate
THIS is part of the ooba-mith issue that I need to REALLY go back and dig at. I really don't like the lowball please post. I extra don't like the 'goad' business trying to tie us together.

The one that really blows my mind? The Fate and SpyreX look better if ooba scum equating to me being scum with PF being the most likely BUT the focus of words has been PF and Fate which ranks lower than the hilarious SpyreX-Fate comboooo breaker.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:46 pm

Post by Fate »

NO THAT DIDNT COMPUTE SPYREX [FROM A TOWN PERSPECTIVE]

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH SCUMWISE THOUGH.

HEHEHEHAHAAAAAAAAAAA

NERVOUS MUCH?

WANT IAUM TO HURRY AND POST SO I CAN TIP MY HAND?

DO I GOT POCKET ROCKETS OR NOTHING BUT BLUFF?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:51 pm

Post by SpyreX »

WHAT DOESNT COMPUTE

FATTEEE

He seriously went from "They're cool if ooba is scum" to "They're both icky".

AND DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE OTHER TALK WE ARE GONNA HAVE
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”