Newbie 1013(GAME OVER!|Scum win!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:18 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Mikey, for reference, which responses of mine do you mean? You shouldn't let the theoretical stuff affect reads too much.
FLASH OF GREEN
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:21 am

Post by AClockworkMelon »

Ant_to_the_max wrote:Though, the thing I like, is the leader of the wagon was not even on the final vote for the lynch. While in Elli's last post of D1, he did say "[Zerofang]'s scum", there was no vote to go along with his words. It just...struck me as odd, that one would push a wagon, push push push some more, hope off the wagon, and finally push some more while not hopping back on the wagon. That brough up a red flag for me. I'll post the other two later when I have time tonight.
1.) You said you'd post that night. What happened?
2.) Help me out here, why's that behavior indicative of scum?
"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast." Oscar Wilde
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:20 am

Post by mikemike778 »

Ellibereth wrote:Mikey, for reference, which responses of mine do you mean? You shouldn't let the theoretical stuff affect reads too much.
post 540, re the conditional vote on Zero.
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:40 am

Post by mikemike778 »

holycon wrote:
also I would like to hear from everyone to see who your suspicions are
Not an awful lot to be honest ... I'm trying to basically not put too much weight into my thoughts on the early game (ie pre page 19) as I pretty much just skim read it from when the new guys came in.

I did have you early game as a main suspect early doors due to an early post below which struck me as pretty much word for word what a few of the bad guys in the Nintendo (my only point of reference) game were saying. I was around that time attempting to match people here to Nintendo players to see who most resembled the bad guys there.
holycon wrote: Ant: something about him make me think hes scum but i haven't put my finger on it yet
Since the restart, there's only been CSs apparent enthausiasm for policy lynches which is disconcerting and seems a little convenient but then again, I'd agree that outside of that he had seemed pro-town.
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Sorry...I kinda became very apathetic to life this past week. Just like...everything kinda died... >__>

Clock, you really can't see how that could be scum? Setting up a wagon on a townie, and then leaving that wagon for the rest of the townies to lynch one of their own?

As for Mike, I think I am liking him some more. As for right now I am pushing him more into a town slot.

So the three people I am unsure about right now are Mad, Name, and Holycon. As for what I had on her, it is moot. My thoughts actually had no support. Both Mad and Holycon stayed with one vote (no vote/clock) and changed near the end of the day. Maybe something there, maybe not. As for Name, it is probably just cuz I have not made up my mind on him yet.

As for a lynch for D2, I don't think I have an argument I feel good about yet.
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
MAD Scientist
MAD Scientist
Townie
MAD Scientist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:48 pm

Post by MAD Scientist »

Civil Scum wrote:My instinct says MikeMike at this point. MikeMike and possibly Holycon.
Why these two? Is it just instinct, or something more?

Ant_to_the_max wrote:Clock, you really can't see how that could be scum? Setting up a wagon on a townie, and then leaving that wagon for the rest of the townies to lynch one of their own?
Agree!

But ant, if you're only unsure about me, name, and holycon, which players are you sure are town and which are scum?
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:10 am

Post by Civil Scum »

MAD wrote: Why these two? Is it just instinct, or something more?
You know, Nameloc asked me this same question. And I don't care to elaborate on gut really.

But anyways, I changed my gut, so hopefully it doesn't matter.

I do feel slightly better about MikeMike, but, while I know that the start of this game was rather uneventful, I'm not sure how I feel about someone being okay with disregarding 19 pages of posts.
Ant wrote: Setting up a wagon on a townie, and then leaving that wagon for the rest of the townies to lynch one of their own?
IMO, this is not a strong tell on it's own (Ant-"But I never said it was strong..." Civil-"Yeah, right"), and can easily happen in the natural course/chance of things.

ALso, I think MAD's question for Ant above is pretty good.
Ant wrote: ...Holycon. As for what I had on her, it is moot.
My thoughts actually had no support.
Suspicious... as for the bolded part, what does that mean?
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:12 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Whoops, meant to add this as well:

Super Vote: Ant
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:08 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Ant wrote: Though, the thing I like, is the leader of the wagon was not even on the final vote for the lynch
Sounds like wanting to sound like the scuminess of it is amusing to you. Though it shouldn't be if you're not leaning towards that person being scum pretty heavily.
Ant wrote: [It] struck me as odd, that one would push a wagon, push push push some more, hope [sic] off the wagon, and finally push some more while not hopping back on the wagon.
Elli is kind of odd, so that doesn't strike me at all.

Also, was there some reason you felt the need to overstate overstate overstate this?

And also, 'striking you as odd' doesn't seem very consistent with being amused (or liking) how scummy something is to you. It's either waffling, or a mere word-choice thing. I don't like it coming from you anyways.

And and also, if you had two other things to comment on about Elli, how come you didn't supply them after ACM asked you about them?
Ant wrote: While in Elli's last post of D1, he did say "[Zerofang]'s scum",
And and and also, I'm pretty sure that me and you both have seen Elli call someone scum and not vote for them before.
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:11 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

My thoughts on Ant:
From Day 1, I got kind of a null read on him. He's not one of the most active players in the game, but that may have to do with real life stuff. Still, he seems to change his suspicions around a lot. In Day 2, he's gone from saying he might have something on Mike, Holy and Elli to being "unsure" about Mad, me and Holy.

Ant, you said you "had something" on Mike and Holy. Then you went to say that what you had on Holy was "moot" and that you think "Mike" is now town.
Question: What was it that you "had" on them originally and why do you think it's not relevant anymore?
Town Record: 2 - 3
Scum Record: 1 - 0
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:12 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

Eh, I might as well:

VOTE: Ant
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:01 am

Post by mikemike778 »

Civil Scum wrote:
MAD wrote: I do feel slightly better about MikeMike, but, while I know that the start of this game was rather uneventful, I'm not sure how I feel about someone being okay with disregarding 19 pages of posts.
Its a fair point and I'm not particularly okay with it but I'd rather be up to date with the game as it stands than just keep on playing catch-up.

I'll hold my hand up and admit I shouldn't have signed up for a game when I didn't have time - should've held back for a few weeks but whats done is done.
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:12 am

Post by mikemike778 »

MAD Scientist wrote:
Civil Scum wrote:My instinct says MikeMike at this point. MikeMike and possibly Holycon.
Why these two? Is it just instinct, or something more?
?
What about you? what do you think - you voted Civil Day 1, do you still think he's scum ? General consensus seems to be he's very pro town but I'm not ruling out him just being a pretty good scum player.

If you do - then who is your pick for his partner ?
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:37 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Civil Scum wrote: Suspicious... as for the bolded part, what does that mean?
It means, that I had an idea, but after looking over what she actually said, what I was thinking was not true

Civil Scum wrote: Elli is kind of odd, so that doesn't strike me at all.
I honestly can not believe you just said that and used it to justify his actions....
Civil Scum wrote:And and also, if you had two other things to comment on about Elli, how come you didn't supply them after ACM asked you about them?
I did. I said my point on Holycon was moot and I liked Mike some more. What I had on Mike is that he is more pro town in my eyes.
Civil Scum wrote:And and and also, I'm pretty sure that me and you both have seen Elli call someone scum and not vote for them before.
Yes? Were you trying to go somewhere with this, because I feel like this is taken out of context if you were.
nameloc1986 wrote:Still, he seems to change his suspicions around a lot. In Day 2, he's gone from saying he might have something on Mike, Holy and Elli to being "unsure" about Mad, me and Holy.

Ant, you said you "had something" on Mike and Holy. Then you went to say that what you had on Holy was "moot" and that you think "Mike" is now town.
Question: What was it that you "had" on them originally and why do you think it's not relevant anymore?
I don't see how I changed my main suspicions around a lot. Sure, I might have some obscure ideas on someone, but if I don't like it, I usually just trash the idea. If you want to talk about changing suspicions a lot, Civil changed his vote around the most in Day 1.

Also, just because I said I had something on Mike...never meant I thought he was scum. You guys just assumed it had a negative connotation to it.
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:03 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Umm my #558 post seems out of place o_O

That post should really be after #563 seeing as how I quoted Name in #560

This website was giving me problems this morning.
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by nameloc1986 »

Ant_to_the_max wrote:
nameloc1986 wrote:Still, he seems to change his suspicions around a lot. In Day 2, he's gone from saying he might have something on Mike, Holy and Elli to being "unsure" about Mad, me and Holy.

I don't see how I changed my main suspicions around a lot. Sure, I might have some obscure ideas on someone, but if I don't like it, I usually just trash the idea. If you want to talk about changing suspicions a lot, Civil changed his vote around the most in Day 1.

Also, just because I said I had something on Mike...never meant I thought he was scum. You guys just assumed it had a negative connotation to it.
We assumed it had a negative connotation because that's the way it appeared. It still doesn't answer my question though, what did you have on them (Mike and Holy). I know you said what you had on Holy was mute, but do you mind sharing what it was and why you think mute.
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by nameloc1986 »

holycon wrote:wow this games kinda at a stand still

I'm with mike i would like to know what you have ant

also I would like to hear from everyone to see who your suspicions are
Who are your suspicions? I got to be honest, I'm not particularly sure of anybody just yet.
holycon
holycon
Goon
holycon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by holycon »

i still have suspicions of ANT but i'm not sure who i think is his scum buddy but im kinda middle of the road on mad so i'm still keeping my eye on her
Something good... something good... You look like SNOOPY and it makes me smile... but you have smelly dog farts.

I'm a girl so please don't call me a him he or dude =)
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Ok...lets try this again...
Hey Robo. It seems like I am having trouble posting as of late. My last two posts are not in the correct order as they should be listed in respect to everyone else and my latest one did not go through when I hit submit. I'm going to tinker with my browsers setting soon, but idk what is up with this.

So, original point on Holycon. I was bored when we were still in the night phase so I made an excel sheet to organize everyone's votes and when they happened. I noticed that Holycon stuck with her first vote on Clock all game long until we close to the end then changed it to zero to avoid a no lynch. At first I didn't really remember her even having a reason to vote Clock, but when you ISO her, she has some reasoning on page one. Just something I thought was suspicious but not true once I checked into it. Although the reasoning wasn't that impressive, it was there.
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by nameloc1986 »

Alright, now what about Mike makes you think he's town?

Off-topic: I'm pretty sure it's not your browser that's the problem. Posting anomalies have been happening across the whole site:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15541&p=2595597#p2595597
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:11 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Good to know.

It was the way he reacted at the end of D1. He actually took a step back and tried to ask what was going on and why we were doing a policy lynch. IMO if he was scum, I doubt he would have stopped to ask any questions and let the easy lynch go. Also, from the little D2 we already have, I feel like he is honestly trying a bit more to help the game out.
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:18 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

These read-throughs are boring me :P

Anywho, question time: has anyone picked up on possible scum teams?
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:22 am

Post by mikemike778 »

Ant_to_the_max wrote:
So, original point on Holycon. I was bored when we were still in the night phase so I made an excel sheet to organize everyone's votes and when they happened. I noticed that Holycon stuck with her first vote on Clock all game long until we close to the end then changed it to zero to avoid a no lynch.
But if we had a no lynch then surely we would be in the same position D2 except a man (or woman) down due to the expected Night Kill with people still wanting Zero lynched.

Apologies if I'm missing a trick here whilst picking up all the theory but surely every 'no lynch' plays directly into the bad guys' (or girls') hands as they pick us off one by one whilst waiting for us to make up our mind.

Don't see how not wanting a no lynch implicates Holy in any way.
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:31 am

Post by mikemike778 »

AClockworkMelon wrote:
Ant_to_the_max wrote:Though, the thing I like, is the leader of the wagon was not even on the final vote for the lynch. While in Elli's last post of D1, he did say "[Zerofang]'s scum", there was no vote to go along with his words. It just...struck me as odd, that one would push a wagon, push push push some more, hope off the wagon, and finally push some more while not hopping back on the wagon. That brough up a red flag for me. I'll post the other two later when I have time tonight.
1.) You said you'd post that night. What happened?
2.) Help me out here, why's that behavior indicative of scum?
Skimming through the last few pages ... we've had questions from you, clarification requests from you and Zero's death vote but not much in the way of who you suspect.

So your an experienced player (for a newbie game) who people here seem to rate, 23 pages on, you should have a pretty clear vision in your head of who you think may be scum, who is good etc.
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:34 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

mikemike778 wrote:
So your an experienced player
(for a newbie game) who people here seem to rate, 23 pages on,
you should have a pretty clear vision in your head of who you think may be scum, who is good
etc.
not necessarily

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”