mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:17 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Scott Brosius wrote:Nobody has commented on my idea of the doctor claiming. Thoughts?
It's a dumb idea. Doctor will either get fried or frozen and then we lose our clear anyway. It's still possible the doc could save someone.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:43 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Not necessarily. They want to kill each other at this point more than us. And as I said, the doctor has a 1/3 chance of saving town. He probably shouldn't protect anyone (unless self-protection is allowed but I doubt it).

Do you have any other thoughts on this game?
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Zed
Zed
Goon
Zed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by Zed »

I don't think the doctor should claim. A 1/3 chance is better than a 0/3 chance, and it just sounds like you are trying to fish out the doctor.

The doctor doesn't have any extra information anyway, nothing they say should have more impact on the townies than what anyone else says. A townie shouldn't even be positive about a doctor's claim, beacuse there is still the chance that one of the scum teams would take a gamble.
hi. I am a girl. no more confusion necessary.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

That seems unlikely. It would put the scumteam at an inherent disadvantage (putting 1 member in a one of you or you is scum situation). It would prevent a mislynch today. And it would cause nighttime confusion and WIFOM.

I guess it would be 1/5 or 2/5 after we lynch today. It shouldn't be looked at as 1/3>0/3. Making a mistake in protection could prevent a crosskill which we desperately need at this point given over half of the game is scum. A doctor is more likely to protect a scum member than a town member based on probability. This gets even worse if we mislynch today leaving only one protection option that isn't scum. Although it doesn't explicitly say it in the PM, I assume the doctor cannot protect himself. If that is allowed, that is the obvious action

I still think its a good idea, but to each his own. This game is painfully quiet. Robo, Lowell, mallow, Vren are completely absent and are most likely to be scum.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:25 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Scott Brosius wrote:That seems unlikely. It would put the scumteam at an inherent disadvantage (putting 1 member in a one of you or you is scum situation). It would prevent a mislynch today. And it would cause nighttime confusion and WIFOM.

I guess it would be 1/5 or 2/5 after we lynch today. It shouldn't be looked at as 1/3>0/3. Making a mistake in protection could prevent a crosskill which we desperately need at this point given over half of the game is scum. A doctor is more likely to protect a scum member than a town member based on probability. This gets even worse if we mislynch today leaving only one protection option that isn't scum. Although it doesn't explicitly say it in the PM, I assume the doctor cannot protect himself. If that is allowed, that is the obvious action

I still think its a good idea, but to each his own. This game is painfully quiet. Robo, Lowell, mallow, Vren are completely absent and are most likely to be scum.
Just because we aren't loud and in your face and trying to get the doc killed doesn't mean that we are scum. The doc idea is terrible. It should be looked at as 1/3>0/3 (didn't you ever take math in highschool?).

Vote Scott
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:27 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

And that is total bull anyway that I'm
completely
absent. Look at post #350. Oh well whatdoyaknow? Mallow posted and is participating in this game!?! Wow what a surprise! /sarcasm
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:20 am

Post by Lowell »

Scott using voting history as a reason for voting is weak. Also something SCUM could completely manipulate more than town, making me think he's got more power in that regard than he pretends to.

Jesse's vote looks like anger at being compared to me. I'm flattered.
JesseSheffield
JesseSheffield
Goon
JesseSheffield
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:09 am

Post by JesseSheffield »

Not anger. Bitchiness maybe but not anger at all.
And who's going to stop me...
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:56 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Oh man post 350! That's a great post full of reads. You haven't given an opinion on anyone but me today (which was given after I said you were absent) so don't pretend as if you are ripe with participation. We can play the angry sarcasm game if you want but it usually doesn't result in productive posts.

Mallow has shot up my scum list behind Lowell. Trying hard to defend his weak participation and almost a form of a OMGUS vote for me stating that he isn't particpating.

Lowell you could comment on something today that isn't Jesse or I voting for you. Or continue to be scummy doing that.

I was really just using that participation comment to see who was being lurky and choosing not to participate but keeping tabs on the thread. Got my answer.

For the last time it's not 1/3>0/3. It would be this if there was no potential bad result for that 2/3 protection. But there is. And we need crosskills.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:17 am

Post by Lowell »

Yeah the doc claiming isn't necessarily a horrible idea.

Thinking on the large scale, the scum would WIFOM themselves to death trying to kill the doc if they knew who he was (at least I think they would; if you want to go straight to the source, ask scott). In some ways I doubt either would care enough to kill her/him, since the scum are trying to kill each other. Oh, and also docs are useless. There I said it.

I don't feel like getting in a fight about it if people really care THAT much about the precious precious useless doc, but that's my thought. Also it seems like there's a number of people trying not to be noticed today.
That
is noticed.
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:02 am

Post by Me=Weird »

Prodding Robocopter87.
votecountLowell(2): Scott Brosius, JesseSheffield
Scott Brosius(1): mallowgeno
Not voting(4): Robocopter87, Lowell, Zed, Vren

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
Deadline is Nov. 7.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
JesseSheffield
JesseSheffield
Goon
JesseSheffield
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:26 am

Post by JesseSheffield »

Lowell wrote:I don't feel like getting in a fight about it if people really care THAT much about the precious precious useless doc, but that's my thought. Also it seems like there's a number of people trying not to be noticed today.
That
is noticed.
It would GRATE if you could give us more than just a tease of your suspicions and why you're noting it.
And who's going to stop me...
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:45 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Scott Brosius wrote: Mallow has shot up my scum list behind Lowell. Trying hard to defend his weak participation and almost a form of a OMGUS vote for me stating that he isn't particpating.
Whatever. Speaking of players that have weak participation, look at CSL! Wow how exciting! I think you feel that you must cover for CSL's lack of participation with bull crap reasons on why players are scum.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Wow really grasping at straws now. Trying to discredit me by bringing up who I replaced? You are completely overreacting to me thinking you are scum. I haven't even voted you although I am getting closer with each post you make.

Anyway do you have any other scum reads besides me?
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Zed wrote:well, crap.

and hi scott.
Did you know that this is an actual scumtell? That I myself have literally seen in action? I'm pretty sure Tar created a page of his scumtells and its on there. Its real. And you just used it. Saying something like, "oh man, that sucks" or "well, crap" is often used by scum. IGMEOY

Lowell wrote:It's a set-up!!

Seriously, my voting history? That's the case? How hard is it for scum to kill someone who has a vote on them, then say "hey look that guy wanted him dead... HHMMMMMM"

There's one scumteam on board. Let's see if the others jump in to finish this off. With FOUR scum folks should show a little more caution here with those votes. Particularly Jesse, who looks lazy as hell.
Worst response ever.

The "Its a set-up!" totally rubs me the wrong way.

Voting history is a totally valid and legit scumtell. Stop degrading his argument by saying it doesn't work when it does.

Theres TWO scumteams on the board. You completely divert attention from yourself to Jesse by saying Jesse is lazy.

So you complain about a valid case not being valid then you go and throw suspicion on someone without even a hint of any case from you? [sarcasm]Yeah that will totally work.[/sarcasm]
Scott Brosius wrote:Nobody has commented on my idea of the doctor claiming. Thoughts?
Eh, I dunno yet. Lets wait till we make any decision like this.

I have an overall town read on Scott, pretty solid logically. But by gut I'm kinda wary of him. But since I have nothing I can actually hold against him I guess my gut will just have to shut up.
Lowell wrote:Scott using voting history as a reason for voting is weak. Also something SCUM could completely manipulate more than town, making me think he's got more power in that regard than he pretends to.

Jesse's vote looks like anger at being compared to me. I'm flattered.
Once again. Degrading his argument. VOTING HISTORY ISN'T WEAK. STOP SAYING IT IS. And you are also adding WIFOM to help discredit it and make it seem unstable. When it is.
Lowell wrote:Yeah the doc claiming isn't necessarily a horrible idea.

Thinking on the large scale, the scum would WIFOM themselves to death trying to kill the doc if they knew who he was (at least I think they would; if you want to go straight to the source, ask scott). In some ways I doubt either would care enough to kill her/him, since the scum are trying to kill each other. Oh, and also docs are useless. There I said it.

I don't feel like getting in a fight about it if people really care THAT much about the precious precious useless doc, but that's my thought. Also it seems like there's a number of people trying not to be noticed today.
That
is noticed.
Once again Lowell shows us his brilliant insight.

"Doctors are useless"

You do know Doctors are probably THE most important role in the game of Mafia right? Doctors are probably the best thing you can have. No, contrary to popular belief, Cops aren't as good as they are made out to be.

Why bring it up and know that you are going to get heat from this and then say you don't want to fight about it? Pick a side and Fight for it.

_________
Overall:
Lowell=Scum
Scott= Leaning Town
Mallow = Null
Vren = ehhhhh, I dunno yet. I'll give this read some time to grow.

VOTE: Lowell
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Scott Brosius wrote: Anyway do you have any other scum reads besides me?
Speak of the devil himself! Another one of my scum reads! Probably one of the other most scummy people.

Mallow's Magical List O' Scum:
1. Scotty Boy
2. Robocoptor
These other two are just gut instincts:
3. Jessee
4. Zed/Jed
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

EBWOP:

I was refering to Robo when I said the line before my list.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

I must say Robo makes a good case on Lolwell...maybe I put Lolwell up there on the list of possible scum. Robo may be scum but he is also looking for the other scum too. He could legitimately think Lolwell is scum.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

May I ask why you call me scum?

I understand your vote on Scott but you gave absolutely no reasoning for suspicion on me.

Zed
Zed
Goon
Zed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by Zed »

Robo wrote:Did you know that this is an actual scumtell? That I myself have literally seen in action? I'm pretty sure Tar created a page of his scumtells and its on there. Its real. And you just used it. Saying something like, "oh man, that sucks" or "well, crap" is often used by scum. IGMEOY
Yeah? Did you know pointing out terrible scum tell is a scum tell? Bet you didn't. Oh wait, oops, I just did it, too! /sarcasm

Did you also notice that I had the most recent post with content? There was nothing else for me to say than 'crap, we just lynched an innocent'
Lowell wrote:Oh, and also docs are useless.
I have to half agree, and half disagree with this.

Doctor is a hard role to play. It is unlikely that an innocent can successfully block a ban. It is a bit of a talent, if you ask me. But some people are very good doctors, and can successfully block multiple bans in a game. I've seen it go both ways, but it really depends on who the doctor is, and how skilled they are with that role.
mallow" wrote:4. Zed/Jed
Who is Jed?
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Zed wrote:
Robo wrote:Did you know that this is an actual scumtell? That I myself have literally seen in action? I'm pretty sure Tar created a page of his scumtells and its on there. Its real. And you just used it. Saying something like, "oh man, that sucks" or "well, crap" is often used by scum. IGMEOY
Yeah? Did you know pointing out terrible scum tell is a scum tell? Bet you didn't. Oh wait, oops, I just did it, too! /sarcasm

Did you also notice that I had the most recent post with content? There was nothing else for me to say than 'crap, we just lynched an innocent'
Actually, No its not. you did something scummy. You can't just say its scummy to scumhunt. Thats just plain wrong. You acted like scum, I called you out on it. You responded with OMGUS. I am in no way the scummy one here. And there is nothing you can do to deny this.

Um, Zed, no you aren't the person with the most recent content. There was a whole argument with Scott and Mallow that I thought was pretty important. And your so called "Most content full post recently" is just this,
Zed wrote:I don't think the doctor should claim. A 1/3 chance is better than a 0/3 chance, and it just sounds like you are trying to fish out the doctor.

The doctor doesn't have any extra information anyway, nothing they say should have more impact on the townies than what anyone else says. A townie shouldn't even be positive about a doctor's claim, beacuse there is still the chance that one of the scum teams would take a gamble.
Thanks for stating the obvious, Captain Obvious.
Yeah. "Most content filled post recently". A big fat lie.

Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Robocopter87 wrote:May I ask why you call me scum?

I understand your vote on Scott but you gave absolutely no reasoning for suspicion on me.
You understand it? I see the reason as being my doctor opinion which is incredibly weak, and that I think he is scummy so he is discrediting me.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Zed
Zed
Goon
Zed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:07 pm

Post by Zed »

Hey Robo, do you just read like every other word in my post? Did you notice my clear sarcasm tag? Or my use of past tense with the word 'had' in my more serious response?

Since you are just really adding to how pissed off I am right now, I will make things even clearer, because I'm not explaining this again.

When I said "oh crap", I HAD the LAST post with content. There was NOTHING new for me to discuss, because I was the LAST person to discuss anything. I had even already talked about how I felt about dj, so the only thing new was his status. And that was the a "well, crap" kind of thing to happen. How can me saying that be scummy IF THAT AND THE BAN OF TWO ROLELESS INNOECENTS WAS THE ONLY THING NEW?

And now, you're picking at things that don't make sense. It looks like you are just trying to appear to be scumhunting, and I don't like it.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:56 pm

Post by Lowell »

In case I end up dead here soon:

I'm starting to believe
mallow
and
scott
are a scumteam together. Two pages ago I would have thought it not possible, but their latest zeroing in on each other has the feel of scum trying to take charge and distance. Scott (sort of) taking jesse's side, and mallow (sort of) taking mine, but mostly just trashing each other. It looks overly dramatic to me. Considering mallow's VOTE on scott and his seeming conflict with him, not much has been done in the way of actually PERSUADING others that lynching scott is the way to go. Makes me think they're happy just bickering.

The other scumteam is
robo
and
jesse
. Again, I think they don't both want to be on the lead wagon without calling attention to themselves and drawing a NK. Robo's 3rd vote comes more or less out of the blue (all of a sudden he thinks I'm scum, shocker!), and I think jesse is trying to draw someone else to make the hammer. He's tunnelled on me a lot, otherwise staying relatively low. However, I could
easily
see the last scum being vren instead of one of the others; a slot that's been basically a blank slate.

vote scott

I'd like to see if mallow
actually
wants scott dead, or he's just saying he does.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:28 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Robocopter87 wrote:There.
Was that so hard to do? Answering a simple question?

In response to Mallowgeno's question
I feel I created a good list of towns and scums

Which I do not feel like sharing.
Remember this Robo? The hypothetical list you "have". You never shared it. Why would you even say you had a list of town and scum if you weren't going to share it? So let's face it. You did nothing day one as well.

Mainly your efforts were to get DJ lynched. Too bad he turned out to be town. Now you're scramblin to find a new target. Oh look Lol has a wagon going on him! I think I'll join it and hope my buddy hammers if he isn't on it already!

Return to “Completed Open Games”