/Invitational 11: Pick your Poison 5 (Game Over)

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by SpyreX »

And Hoopster while I commend your move there wasn't really any scum motivation coloring the fact I think you could have caused WAY more issues dropping that, saying you're prepped for jan, and then swinging that lynch a different way (maybe me, actually).

And Jan was still way overvalued as far as being a worry. :P
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I'd like to remind everyone that the top 3 players in my vote analysis were indeed scum. But noooooooooo you wouldn't listen to me.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

/avid follower of this game here.

Many times throughout the game I thought spyrex was scum - he just didn't seem to be playing at the same level I've read from him as town. But, I was convinced mith was scum as well, which obviously didn't pan out (I thought the DGB lynch on D3 looked like a
classic
bus for town cred from mith - after mislynching two townies of course). So, needless to say I thought Fate was singlehandedly winning the game with his big reveal, and was very impressed. Sorry for town it didn't work out that way.

Also, I 2nd the notion that this would be a great title for Fate:
mith wrote:the rise of CAPITALISM
Good game by all
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by Fate »

Mega apology post in-coming, I lost this game for town.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by PokerFace »

so why did scum no kill night 1?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

We didn't want players to realize there were TWO vigs, so that a tracked vig had a good chance of being a free lynch for us. There were also chances of counterclaiming which would have been useful to us.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by Fate »

I'm arrogant player, but when I fuck up I fuck up BAD and town lost because of it this game.

Where I went wrong:

I claimed Vig. My WHOLE play before this point had centered around not outing my role, but I outed it.

Why I went wrong:

I INCORRECTLY thought we had to lynch the roleblocker on the last day. I knew SpyreX was the janitor, so I had to look for the "obvtown" buddy. I knew SpyreX+pokerface werent BOTH scum, that's for sure.

I thought it was mith. 80% of my case on mithscum involved me claiming vig, so I went for it. Had I realized that lynching scum the last day (not the RB specifically) would have allowed me to shoot that night we would have won.

How it was wrong:

Like mith said, we should have lynched SpyreX and THEN I shoto mith in the face.

This leaves us with (IAm is likely shot as vig suspect:_

PF/Fate/Plum 3p endgame.

I'd claim Vig, PF WOULDNT coutner claim me, Plum COULDNT counter-claim me, and they would cross-vote.

I'd wonder why PF didn't counter claim my horribly crumbed claim, and lynch Plum (most likely).
I'm sorry mith, I'm sorry fellow townies. This loss was my fault. However, I had a blast, hope you did too, and hope you still would enjoy playing with me in the future.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by Fate »

Also I fucked up when SpyreX made his last post and I said "2MINS TO RESPOND" it gave me real bad "SpyreX just slipped that mith is town" feelings, and I DIDNT ACT ON IT AND UNVOTE MITH.

I'm still too reckless with my vote in MyLo.

FFFFFFFffffffffffffffff

REMATCH ANYONE? I CANT WAIT A WHOLE YEAR
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Ugh...sorry for playing so bad that I HAD to get vigged by you Fate. :(
It's not at all your fault...

GG scum.
FLASH OF GREEN
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by Fate »

RhinoX is correct. If I had outed Iam going nowhere the afore-mentioned "ideal" endgame wouldn't have happened.

mith's style didn't match up with what I'd expect, so "him trying very hard" didn't look that way to me. He wasn't flailing, he wasn't being condescending or rude to me with my case. It smelled too much of "well im caught scum so I'll just say its confirmation bias and there's not much I can do against your points Fate."

Whereas SpyreX acted more in what I had in mind of a townie missuspected.

SO NEXT TIME.

SPYREX. IF I CALL YOU SCUM FOR ANY REASON IN ANY GAME I'M NOT BACKING DOWN.

NO MATTER WHAT.

PE: Ellie-That "vig should claim" is what did it for me. It was just too anti-town on so many levels. If they got run up to L-1? Ok THEN they claim, obviously. But advocating for them to claim out of the blue to do what? Just narrow down mislynches?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

If I had shot the VT claim the night you died Ellie, hooooooooh boi. Things woulda been different.

@Whoever: Plum was ruled as obvtown by CTD (who ended up dead), and by no one THINKING for a moment that VT was the CLAIM to make by a roleblocker scum (instead of tracker to draw CC).
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

And I fucked up horribly this game...

I apologize, though I'm in good company I guess.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by Plum »

Rhinox wrote:*sigh* gg fruitsisters. didn't see it coming.

Plumegranate twins get MVP as far as I'm concerned. Why'd you guys wait so long to hammer?
Because I went to bed about a quarter hour before PokerFace's mith vote (and thank goodness, as I'd have kept myself up another hour at least waiting to see stuff and possibly playing with Fate after that, which would have made for one super-tired Plum today, as opposed to mildly tired Plum today) and also, though my school computer account is now much less restricted, it still - less often, but occasionally - blocks random pages of games. Including the last two pages of the game and the reply page during my lunch break and the reply page was still locked at around 5 p.m. during my online video-based AP Physics class, so even though I knew we were at L-1 . . . yeah.

Am glad that we got lucky with Trackers and Vigs (made up for the nullified Janitor and then some), given it was my idea. SpyreX gets credit for the no-Kill Night 1, though it was a bit up in the air as the Night passed what we would do, I'm glad we took a deep breath and did it. Also glad we saved the Roleblock, or Day 6 would have been much more tricky. Actually, we did a good job distributing the roles - I did last the whole game and SpyreX was in more danger but. Though of course my survival is credited heavily to the DGB claim gambit.

Fate: Well, on the glass half full side, you did one HELL of a job keeping your Vighood secret. Neither SpyreX nor I had any clue it COULD be you and it would have screwed us over in 3-player LYLO like that. I did tell Pom on the bus home, before I hammered, that your confirmation bias was partly based on the desire to be the extreme hero who convinced everyone to lynch obvTown mith-scum for the win.
Fate wrote:SO NEXT TIME.

SPYREX. IF I CALL YOU SCUM FOR ANY REASON IN ANY GAME I'M NOT BACKING DOWN.

NO MATTER WHAT.
This is something I discovered when I loosely followed a game and saw someone mark Spy as scum there. I was barely skimming, but to me he was obvscum. Obviously there's some degree of confirmation bias there as well, but my point is that if Spy is at all scummy it's the equivalent of extremely scummy for the average calibration of play.
Fate wrote:@Whoever: Plum was ruled as obvtown by CTD (who ended up dead), and by no one THINKING for a moment that VT was the CLAIM to make by a roleblocker scum (instead of tracker to draw CC).
Just to reiterate: This.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by mith »

Plum was awesome. Really the only time I came close to suspecting her was near the end of day 3, with some paranoia about Plum getting lynched and turning up scum, and DGB turning the tables on me. I was about to speculate on that paranoia at some point either day 4 or 5 (...and probably not act on it, since I had way too much love for the sisters), but managed to come up with the very same argument PokerFace posted later (Plum claiming VT and
then
DGB claiming Tracker to out Rhinox didn't make sense - why not cut out the middle-Goofball and have Plum out Rhinox? But it makes sense in the context of town buying the VT claim, all three possible lynches being scum, and Plum being the RB). And then after the ooba flip? Unbelievable that we had three scum to choose from day 3. (This is the second game I've played with Plum, and I've gotten it badly wrong both times... I guess this is payback for lynching her in Lovers that time.)

Hoopla gets a gold star for scumhunting. Still not sure about the kamikaze approach to neutralizing the Janitor in theory, but in practice it worked great.

I nearly replaced out of this game day 3, actually. Kmd was driving me crazy at a time where the stress/anxiety in my life was really starting to ramp up... and then Fate replaced in. Oi. Anyway, I stayed in because a. I don't replace out of games and b. this game had too many replacements without me helping.

Fate shouldn't have outed himself as the Vig, obviously.
Killing Ellibereth after defending him... meh.
[edit]Never mind, I see he explained the shot, and it makes sense now.[/edit] But as for his case on me... he was impressively wrong, but we were all wrong about SpyreX's buddy. (We should have just lynched SpyreX; but at first I was caught up with the Roleblocker thing which didn't matter, and then lynching PokerFace seemed best chance at survival.) Props for being right about ooba so early... I wonder how this game goes if he sends an ooba kill night 3.

I'll read the quicktopic properly later, but on a quick skim for things I'm curious about... Props to SpyreX for being ballsy and telling the truth about his power role choices. Interesting to see that the scum didn't come up with the Hider/Weak Doctor claim thing breaking the game open if they gave us two, awesome of Troll to think of that. Amused by "I can back out of it after if needed." from DGB (she was right, though). DGB's line of thinking in 125 is more how I would've handled the Janitor. As I said in defense, I wouldn't have no-killed (and so it never occurred to me that anyone else would), but I wouldn't have given the town two Vigs either, and I understand what they were going for there. Aha! "A PlumPom lynch would mean an easy mith lynch tomorrow." Paranoia justified. No big surprises the rest of the way... pretty funny that as many times as they discussed killing me, I ended up being the final lynch.

Good game, all.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by Plum »

Oh Fate, I meant to ask you - what was this?:
Fate wrote:"PLUM

omg you didnt. Yes I think you did. No Plum no... she's laughing so hard right now.

So hard.

I'll shut her up."
You had me freaking out when I saw that. The tinfoil hat exploded.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by mith »

When day 6 started I was expecting a (mith, iamausername, Plumepomeporuaywstgr) endgame with a scum win. Scum really didn't know who the vig was until Fate claimed, apparently for no reason, but I don't think it changed the result, only delayed it. Endgames have surprised me before, though. Would mith or iamasusername have reconsidered if that happened?
Would scum have shot Fate without being sure he was the vig? I don't think we could have gotten to that endgame. If we had... I can be annoyingly cautious in a three player endgame, and I did have a very strong town read on iam. It would've been tough, though.

Fate-mith-Plum would've been buckets of fun, though. With Plum already claimed, it's a no-brainer to vote for her - I wouldn't have bought a "I was the Vig all along" claim at that point. My immediate defense would be "if I were scum, I would have counterclaimed Vig rather than go head-to-head with Plum, who everyone and their mother thought was innocent", and then it would've been a slugfest if Fate didn't make a snap decision.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by Fate »

Well when town has SECRET READZ scum usually get all ancy (when they are considered obvtown). I was fishing for reactions from you AND mith, but didn't get what I was looking for. Or I don't look closely enough, you're "FATE GIVE US THE GREEN LIGHT" seemed pretty ancy retroactively. Since I was looking for mith's reactions I over-looked it.

@mith: Yeah if I had vigged PokerFace, but I would have only vigged PokerFace if I thought I was going to die at night and that he would've been a liability in LyLo.

Call me insane, but I had more of a town read on PokerFace than you. I have no idea why, as DGB aptly put it in the scum qt "I predict a clash of styles between mith and Fate" your play was extremely cautious this game and I couldn't work out in my head how you saw VV's slip OR the PR direction as town.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:23 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

I was watching the last day all unfold and shouting at my computer that Fate was wrong about Mith and he needed to be voting PokerFace.

It's probably still a good thing that I got lynched when I did though. I was still too much of a distraction and although I had the Fruits and Spyrex as probable scum, I would have been pushing hardest for PokerFace. I had hoped that my last post would even convince the vig to target PokerFace after my flip, so Fate certainly gave the town a chance by being right about ooba. I'm not sure why I got so worried that ooba was town at the end.

Fate - who would have vigged had we lynched ooba instead of me?
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by mith »

Fate: I was thinking more "you don't out yourself, PokerFace gets lynched, and then you kill SpyreX while scum kill and block iamausername". But you probably would've shot me instead.

PokerFace's posting style kinda drives me crazy, so that didn't help. I nearly ruled him out as scum
twice
(the MME post, after the DGB scum flip, and the comment he made about Plum claiming VT), but he kept doing terrible (to me) things like "I'll vote for whoever has the most". Anyway, by day 6 I was pretty convinced of PokerFace-SpyreX; I had town reads on the rest of you. ~shrug~
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:51 pm

Post by SpyreX »

To be fair, ohh no meta, its not necessarily a function of me being scum. There's just some games I don't 'click' with and this was one of them.

I'm still amazed I lived through that mess. :P
Show

Proud member of BaM
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by Fate »

"
Fate - who would have vigged had we lynched ooba instead of me?"

This one's really hard. I mean,
I
certainly thought you were town, but everyone else was going on and on about VV+OOBA BOTH SCUM theory, so that might have been too much of a distraction that I would have shot you REGARDLESS.

If not you, it was probably going to be mith as I knew I had no chance of getting him lynched during the day if he were scum. (The fact that has lynch today was going so easy should have clued me in, but alas)

PE: SPYREX

YOU.

YOUUUUUUUUUUU
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Fate <3

You're still my bro, right?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by Fate »

-_-

..............yes............
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by mith »

SpyreX has you so whipped...
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I was more than a little scared you were gonna pull the SpyreX/Plum madness out AND then be vig and... ohh god

And mith you played an amazing game. Whatever was going on irl I've gotta give secret scum props to because I knew I had to take an uphill angle on you.
Show

Proud member of BaM
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades