Mafia 119: MURDER AT HOTEL DEATH(GAME OVER)

lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:50 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

Just a quick post.
Normally I wouldn't, cuz I'd risk outting a clear; but the situation here is not normal, so I want to reveal the identity of the target and I will explain why.

I shot a2rudeboy, because I thought he was the second scummiest player after prana and that if he flipped scum, then prana was very likely to be scum as well.

The reason why I am revealing this is simple: I find it hard to believe that a pro-town protective role would have felt like saving a2rudeboy last night. If I were a protective role, I would have a list of 3 or 4 not at all scummy or at least less scummy players I'd save. Anyway
please, if there is a doc and doc was on a2rudeboy, DON'T CLAIM

But let's think of the other options: is a2rudeboy nk-immune? And if he is, wouldn't it be too optimistic assuming that he is town-aligned? Town has already a lot of pr's... and anyway, if he were a town-aligned nk-immune role, then he could not be killed by scum, so why not claim before?
And if he isn't, how about a mafia-doctor?

I feel this is stuff we can work on, so you guys think about it while I fill a wall with my words.
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:05 am

Post by PranaDevil »

So Vollkan and LMP buddying up again, no shock there. Also no shock that there's nothing to back up their votes once more. But then LMP is dead to me in this game, until he stops his blatant tunnelling he's just being worthless to town.

No clue what people mean about the a2rudeboy trying to get my to vote Jack stuff. I don't even remember seeing that, I do know I have no intention of voting Jack at this stage because of the way pacman went after him which to me as good as confirms pacman as scum.

LMP is either scum or useless town at this stage as well.

CKD I'm still unsure of as well. I'm unsettled as to how he came out early to announce his role and gave reasons for it, only for it to be his partner who got taken out and him to still be alive at this stage.

But I still want evilpacman gone.

vote: evilpacman
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:13 am

Post by Jack »

I still think we should go with a2rudeboy.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:14 am

Post by Jack »

prana do you have any comment on what lewarcher just said?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:54 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

jack, please quick talking about a pbp that doesnt exist...I asked you several time to provide a post number of the pbp, and insted of doing that you just said I was town..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:55 am

edit quit=quick
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:55 am

so am I town or am I scum?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:00 am

Post by Jack »

Who are you planning to vote for? The pbpa does exist, not my fault you "can't find it".
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:06 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

I have another short consideration, sorry (I promise that I will also comment on the rest of the game).

How the hell does a hider die??? In my experience, there are three ways:
1) he hides behind a targetted player;
2) he does not hide and gets targetted
3) he hides behind a scum/killer

Who was he hiding behind in your opinion, and how did he die? I am sincerely interested in the answers by Jack, a2rudeboy and pranadevil.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:07 am

until you tell me otherwise (ie provide a fucking post number)..I am going to assume this is your pbp.
Jack wrote:I don't suspect ckd...he's almost confirmed town
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:10 am

hey jack, why were you looking for post restrictions first thing on Day 1?

and yeah, I am role fishing...you soft claimed something then...I think it is important to have the info now...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:12 am

Post by Jack »

The writeup makes it look like he died by hiding behind silver, but that would have been an obviously awful place to hide. But he seems like a terrible scum kill choice.

@ckd: I guess you never liked "where's waldo"
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:19 am

jack you are an (insert troll and reason for future policy lynch here)

PD, you claim vollkan and LMP are buddying, but you did not address their posts.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:06 am

Post by LimMePls »

He can't address them. Three days in a row he has been obviously scummy. His interactions with Esp D1 were scummy (kept saying he was "suspicious without voting, until NC wagon was clearly about to happen and then suddenly "OMG WE SHOULD BE VOTING ESPY"), his town blending on CD followed by complete distancing from the CD lynch was scummy, and his play yesterday under pressure was terrible. He basically flailed around all day yesterday pushing any viable wagon that wasn't his own, and then made an OBVIOUS bussing vote on Snake.

PD scum is simply a fact.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:11 am

lewarcher, why did you chose rude over PD?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:17 am

also given that the town tracker tracked pacman and got (nil) why do you think this is the BEST lynch today. I understand he could be scum that didnt make a kill that night, but neither did snake who watched/tracked me? But given that result, why is he the BEST lynch over your other "scum suspects"?
PranaDevil wrote: But I still want evilpacman gone.

vote: evilpacman
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:22 am

also PD, you never explained to me why my coming out Day 1 was scummy...are you saying you see no town motivation behind my claim?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:38 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:lewarcher, why did you chose rude over PD?
1) I am convinced that Jack is town and I am convinced that both rude and prana are scum,
2) I am convinced that town is more inclined to lynch prana than rude,
3) rude is somewhat "in the middle" and would have a double effect, meaning that if he flipped scum, then I would have felt even more sure about Jack's townness and at the same time prana's scumminess would have become even more evident.

This three reasons combined made me go for rude.

(the fact that I had 2 days in the middle of the week to read 43 pages do not help me answer this kind of questions, tho. I have to admit that I had to be very quick in order ro read all the main events before shooting. Still, even now as I re-read, I remain fond of my choice and I would do the same)

Also, before I forgot:
English Second Language
. I apologise for any mistakes and typos :-D
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

Does vollkan always insult anybody that builds a case on him?

My three suspicions so far: vollkan, and two people whose lynch vollkan wasn't against at some point. How do I become the village idiot there?

vote: vollkan
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by vollkan »

Jack wrote: vollk do you think that bit yesterday where a2rude tried to get prana to join my wagon is evidence of them being scumbuddies? A little buddy directing?
I hadn't noticed it before. Drawing my attention to it, the post is weird (assuming this is the post in question):
a2 wrote: @Pom- And who are we lynching today? Pacman's vote puts Jack back at l-2, if PD were to switch his vote back to where it's been the majority of the game, that would be l-1, and I'm sure someone around here would be willing to hammer. As far as I'm concerned, Jack is the scummiest slot in the game right now, for reasons I've previously mentioned. Why, if Jack could be a future lynch is he not today's lynch?
The middle sentence is kind of out of place with the rest of it. That said, I can see it as null-a2 trying to drive up your lynch by pointing out to Pom that it was viable vote wise. So I think it's a nulltell.
lewarcher82 wrote:Just a quick post.
Normally I wouldn't, cuz I'd risk outting a clear; but the situation here is not normal, so I want to reveal the identity of the target and I will explain why.

I shot a2rudeboy, because I thought he was the second scummiest player after prana and that if he flipped scum, then prana was very likely to be scum as well.

The reason why I am revealing this is simple: I find it hard to believe that a pro-town protective role would have felt like saving a2rudeboy last night. If I were a protective role, I would have a list of 3 or 4 not at all scummy or at least less scummy players I'd save. Anyway
please, if there is a doc and doc was on a2rudeboy, DON'T CLAIM

But let's think of the other options: is a2rudeboy nk-immune? And if he is, wouldn't it be too optimistic assuming that he is town-aligned? Town has already a lot of pr's... and anyway, if he were a town-aligned nk-immune role, then he could not be killed by scum, so why not claim before?
And if he isn't, how about a mafia-doctor?

I feel this is stuff we can work on, so you guys think about it while I fill a wall with my words.
The other possibility is that you were roleblocked, which would have nothing to do with a2's alignment. There's too much uncertainty involved in this.
PD wrote: Vollkan and LMP buddying up again, no shock there. Also no shock that there's nothing to back up their votes once more.
We made our cases on you yesterday. You may not agree with us, but saying we have nothing to back us up is just ridiculous.
lew wrote: 3) rude is somewhat "in the middle" and would have a double effect, meaning that if he flipped scum, then I would have felt even more sure about Jack's townness and at the same time prana's scumminess would have become even more evident.
I may be misunderstanding you (I note you said English isn't your first language), but are you saying that you think PD is scummier than a2, but you want to lynch a2 because you think his lynch has more information value?
pacman wrote: Does vollkan always insult anybody that builds a case on him?

My three suspicions so far: vollkan, and two people whose lynch vollkan wasn't against at some point. How do I become the village idiot there?

vote: vollkan
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:40 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Jack wrote:prana do you have any comment on what lewarcher just said?
I don't know really. It seems a long winded way to say "I shot a2rudeboy even though Prana was my biggest suspect", in which case I wonder why he didn't target me.

In fact, it sounds like a very nice way of saying "I kept someone I thought would be an easy lynch alive and took out someone who may not have been, only to find they lived".

He posts his reasoning further down, but I don't buy it. It's plausible it's scum distancing from each other. Plus, considering a2 didn't die it would be a lovely way to excuse why lew didn't "act" last night. Because he was taking out the tracker.
curiouskarmadog wrote:PD, you claim vollkan and LMP are buddying, but you did not address their posts.
Simple reason really. LMP I've already stated isn't worth me continuing discussion with, the arguments are becoming circular and are going to distract from any scum hunting the town could do. I don't want to get into us both going back and forth with huge walls that nobody wants to trawl through later on because it never says anything fresh. It's a nice trick to do as scum, hell I've used it myself, as it keeps people away from the main issues and moves them onto other stuff. But I'd rather we lynched actual scum today which requires scum hunting, and not one player tunnelling on me, his buddy tagging along for the ride (although less so as he's still attacking others), and me responding almost solely to their posts.

The accusations have been done and dusted with the previous day, there's nothing fresh that either can say, and in my mind I've explained any doubts that have come up. Both of them (though Vollkan to a lesser extent, as he's at least admitted he's done something in the past as town that LMP is claiming makes me "obv scum", I notice LMP never once paid attention to that either) are just refusing to accept that there can be any explanation other than the ones they've made up.
curiouskarmadog wrote:also given that the town tracker tracked pacman and got (nil) why do you think this is the BEST lynch today. I understand he could be scum that didnt make a kill that night, but neither did snake who watched/tracked me? But given that result, why is he the BEST lynch over your other "scum suspects"?
I've explained this yesterday, and my reasons haven't changed.

LMP I'm worrying I may be feeling is scum solely because of his interaction with me, and the severe lack of anything outside of his tunnel. As for yourself, it all lies on WIFOM stuff, so until I've done a read through I wont be putting you at the top of my suspect list, it's just of those alive that's who I've noticed things from more.

I do, however, plan during this day phase, to go through and do ISO's of both lew/pom and a2rudeboy, after my thoughts above that could well be an interesting pairing that needs looking at more closely.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:08 am

Post by Jack »

Prana's arguments are just bad though. That is always hard to judge for me. On the one hand townies make bad arguments and are often lynched for it. On the other hand, scum are more likely to have to make a bad argument.

I suppose we are lynching prana today.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:01 am

Post by Jack »

oh what the hell, a2 isn't even trying

vote:a2rudeboy
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:11 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

vollkan wrote:
lew wrote: 3) rude is somewhat "in the middle" and would have a double effect, meaning that if he flipped scum, then I would have felt even more sure about Jack's townness and at the same time prana's scumminess would have become even more evident.
I may be misunderstanding you (I note you said English isn't your first language), but are you saying that you think PD is scummier than a2, but you want to lynch a2 because you think his lynch has more information value?
More or less. I had the feeling that both players are scummy: I wouldn't say that a2rude is less scummy than prana, but I had the feeling that the other players seem more receptive of prana's scumminess. Therefore I decided to shoot a2rude. Because I held both for scummy, and a2rude flipping scum would have had more information value.

I apologise for my English, it is normally better than that. I am very tired and busy these days. I also apologise for not having posted more, yet. It is the first time I replace in a game on day 4: I guess I underestimated the amount of stuff I have to read.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:28 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

PranaDevil wrote:
Jack wrote:prana do you have any comment on what lewarcher just said?
I don't know really. It seems a long winded way to say "I shot a2rudeboy even though Prana was my biggest suspect", in which case I wonder why he didn't target me.

In fact, it sounds like a very nice way of saying "I kept someone I thought would be an easy lynch alive and took out someone who may not have been, only to find they lived".

He posts his reasoning further down, but I don't buy it. It's plausible it's scum distancing from each other. Plus, considering a2 didn't die it would be a lovely way to excuse why lew didn't "act" last night. Because he was taking out the tracker.
peole have convinced me that the best explanation is a roleblocker. You must make sure you protect him, prana, cuz if the dies and it's not you there is not much you can do to wake up on day5.
Also: I never said you were my biggest suspect. I said you were the biggest suspect of the other players. As for me, as I clearly said, I am convinced that you are both scum.

I shot a2rudeboy. What is the other option? I shot the tracker and the hider behind him (or the hider died some other misterious way) and scum did not shoot? You don't even make a little sense. Try something better next time, cuz this is almost embarassing.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”