Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

ISO'ing Sevei, I notice that he hardly ever gives out reads. He usually asks questions/makes a statement that seems to contain relevance and content, but don't, and he never follows up on them.

(Examples: ISO 5, 8, 9, 12, 14, 16 [Note on post 16: Why not make the case anyway?], 17, and 18)

Also, note on ISO 20:
Sevei, ISO 20 wrote:I actually don't think CK is scum.

His wagon is a crazy train though.

Vote: Muffin
Why did you not give a reason? Were you simply trying to avert a CK wagon? Why not try to start a wagon one someone you thought was scum?
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by CSL »

Roll Call XXIV

Nonvoters -5- Pomegranate, Lowell, kunkstar7, Muffin, Sevei

Deadline is Friday at 7:00pm EST. Currently, no one will be kicked out if deadline hit this instant

5 students in class, 3 expels.

Only got three days...
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:01 pm

Post by Muffin »

kunkstar7 wrote:@muffin: What are the results of your iso reads? Who are your top suspects for today?
Some might be tempted to call me out for Information instead of Analysis, but bear with me, there's a point to this:

The first thing I did was go back and read everybody and did what I call a "namedrop analysis". I found that of the 5 of us still alive, Lowell was talked about the most, and Pom was talked about the least.
  • Sevei mentioned Lowell the most, and barely talked about Pom at all.
  • Kunkstar talked about Lowell and myself the most
  • Lowell barely mentioned any of us
  • Pom talked about lowell the most but only a little more than she talked about the rest of us
The purpose of this was to determine if people's play seemed to be revolving around each other, which I figured would be indicative of an attitude of teamplay. Note that I didn't keep track of players who are now dead because the other scum faction is out of the game and the current scum faction is intact.

The next thing I did was go back and look at wagons, and what struck me is that in this votecount, both werewolves were on the wagon along with pom, lowell, and kunkstar. Since I know that I am town, I can conclude that at least 1 scum was on that wagon with the werewolves, and it wouldn't surprise me if both were. This jives with the townish read I have on sevei.

After doing that I re-read everyone who's still alive in iso. Normally I'm loathe to give lists ranking everyone from obvtown to obvscum because it gives scum a better idea of who they should target for nightkill, however I will give my top suspect, and that is Lowell.

I find it odd that someone with only ~20 posts this game was mentioned so much more frequently than the rest of us.

Notes about lowell: Shortly after I joined the game I was Lowell's #1 pick for scum ( http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p2568999 ) but a scant 3 posts later he's changed his tone to "if Chess is scum, Muffin is town." Scum motivations for such a thing could easily be attempting to set up a mislynch on me the following day.

This prediction didn't strike me as much of a big deal at first, but having read Lowell in iso a few times this post sticks out more and more. The key phrase, IMO, is "....so that we'll settle on Pom or myself as a compromise." The
or
is what I find compelling; it's as if Lowell is setting it up to be a choice of
either
him
or
pom, when it could just as easily be both.
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:30 pm

Post by Lowell »

@muffin- I have literally no idea what you're trying to say with your analysis. Is the fact that people keep talking about me good, or bad? That sevei and kunk mention me a lot is good, or bad, and for whom? That I "barely mention anyone" is good, or bad? Everything about this post makes me think you're trying to make it look like you have legitimate reason behind your #1 target (me). As well, where you suggest sevei's innocence for not being on a bad wagon is horrible. I'm pretty sure scum have as much reason to "distance" as they do to "buddy", so it's not clear what you're trying to use this to prove.

Regarding the chess/muffin connection, two things. One, the interaction between you two seemed too authentic to be buddying; second, you were the two leading wagons yesterday, and I didn't think it particularly likely that, with seven players left, BOTH of the leading targets were scum. Of course, chess WASN'T scum, so it doesn't really apply.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by CSL »

YOU HAVE 2 DAYS! NO MAJORITY MEANS THE HIGHEST VOTE LEADER IS LYNCHED.

No one is at prod range.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:15 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Muffin is town. Sevei (though I'm honestly not as sure on that read as I am on Muffin). Lowell or Kunk is Lowell's scumbuddy, but I think that that can be worked out tomorow.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:44 pm

Post by Lowell »

500 is a post I wish I had written. I knew there was something off about sevei but I'm having trouble placing it.

vote sevei
, let's get er done... no votes means scum win. Also if pom is town and right, he's basically asking scum to kill him.
Sevei
Sevei
Goon
Sevei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Sevei »

Lowell, don't be so lazy. Make your own cases and don't just say something is off and you can't figure it out.

Lynching me also equals a scum win, by the way.

Pom: I voted for Muffin, as I thought CK was obv-town. However, subsequent flips and discussion have made me change my mind on Muffin. I still think Kunk's love for Lowell is scummy, and I think Lowell is equally scummy. However, as Lowell's 506 is obv-scum (HINT: piggybacking Pom's post speculating a NK), then I'm going to

Vote: Lowell
"I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself. I take the words...I scatter them, in time and space. A message, to lead myself here."
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:00 am

Post by Lowell »

"piggybacking pom's post speculating a NK"?

I have no idea what that means. Also if lynching you is scum win, going after me is no better, and at least with you we have a chance. And I'd point out that demanding I make my case while just OMGUSing on your part doesn't look all that pro-town. It looks like you're caught but are sort of annoyed that it's not for a "good" reason, and are thus lashing out.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Sevei wrote:Lowell, don't be so lazy. Make your own cases and don't just say something is off and you can't figure it out.

Lynching me also equals a scum win, by the way.

Pom: I voted for Muffin, as I thought CK was obv-town.
However, subsequent flips and discussion have made me change my mind on Muffin.
I still think Kunk's love for Lowell is scummy, and I think Lowell is equally scummy. However, as Lowell's 506 is obv-scum (HINT: piggybacking Pom's post speculating a NK), then I'm going to

Vote: Lowell
Okay. Be more specific.

I agree that Lowell and Kunk are scummy, but I find you scummier. That's simply it.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by CSL »

Votecount in the morning.

Less than 24 hours.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:07 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Well, I'm going to
Vote: Sevei.
My strongest read for today,a combination of PoE, Pom's #500 and nothing striking me as town from Sevei. Deadline hits tonight, so this will probably be the last post I make for today as I work for the rest of the night.
Welcome to the Network.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:29 am

Post by Pomegranate »

VOTE: Sevei, as this is probably my last chance on MS before deadline, and I've explained why I find him scummy.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Sevei
Sevei
Goon
Sevei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:33 am

Post by Sevei »

Congrats, Scum. Game over, Town. We lose.
"I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself. I take the words...I scatter them, in time and space. A message, to lead myself here."
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Uh, you're at L-1. And that post just intensifies my read on you, because it's usually scum who write that sort of thing.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:57 am

Post by chesskid3 »

lowell,pom and kunk voted, sevei is dead. I think it's game over, but IDK :P
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:57 am

Post by chesskid3 »

i'm dead so i'll shut up now
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by CSL »

The dead shut up. Period.

Votecount and possible lynch scene forthcoming.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by CSL »

Roll Call XXV (End of Day 4 Votecount)

Sevei -3- Lowell, kunkstar7, Pomegranate

Lowell -1- Sevei

Nonvoters -1- Muffin

Deadline is Friday at 7:00pm EST. Currently, no one will be kicked out if deadline hit this instant

5 students in class, 3 expels.

Majority happened before deadline

End of day scene in next post.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by CSL »

What was easy earlier became a hassle. After listening to the instructor with his lesson, you then discuss who should leave next.

Sevei points at Lowell. Right after that, Lowell, kunkstar7, and Pomegranate all point at Sevei. She just gets up, grabs her coat among other belongings, and leaves the classroom.

--------------

After the class ends, kunkstar and Lowell surround Pomegranate and Muffin. As it quickly dawned on them that they may not survive, someone claps their hands from outside.

"Good show, you two. Although you two don't like hurting people, you played the part well. You get an A."

At this point in time, EVERYBODY comes back.

The mysterious woman, now apparently your Drama instructor, looks at the 8 good students.

"Whilst you ousted those vermin, you were not able to identify the other group. I must give you a C. Sevei, however, gets an honorable mention for guessing the last two correctly."

"And you two; quadz and Antihero, you have failed this class. I will see you both next year."

With that, the final bell rings, and all 12 of you walk happily out of the school. After all, death in school just will NOT do. Happy endings for all!

The Town has lost Open 254

The Mafia have won Open 254 (kunkstar7 and Lowell)

singersigner also gets an honorable mention for pegging Antihero as werewolf after quadz got lynched. Read the Mason QT that I'm posting next, along with the other two.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:57 pm

Post by Antihero »

Wow, I never would have guessed kunkstar or Lowell was mafia. Good game.

:lol: I was actually convinced singer and Nexus were scum about halfway through Day 1. My scumdar seems to break when I'm not town. :(

Oh well, singer and Nexus
were
actually an informed minority :lol:
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by CSL »

Wolves: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/hcMUYhMQauG

Masons: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/DKhJsMK2tFR

Mafia: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/K58FhbWCgKK

Spectator/Eliminated: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/NrmR7CgbtTH

Roles and Actions: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/89dHYx7SjeV7

IF only the masons remained, and they outnumbered the scum at daybreak, I would have ended the game, as the scum had no way of winning.

Aftergame talk begins now.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Uite »

Uite wrote:I keep track of the votes in a spreadsheet, and I've just noticed something odd. Excepting Zed's selfvote, there is NO overlap between the voters for Chesskid and Quadz. The only player who hasn't voted for either is springlullaby, who has kept her vote on Pomegranate the entire time. Now, what's interesting here is that the group voting for Chesskid contains the more suspicious players, while the group voting for Quadz contains the least suspicious players, according to my reads. To me that suggests that scum are trying to force a Chesskid lynch. However, there are more people voting for Chesskid than there are scum, so I'd like to ask the townies voting for him to change their votes to Quadz.
Called it right here. All the scum were indeed voting Chesskid.

This game was ruined by the rampant lurking. Seriously, nobody did anything, and it was ridiculous how you killed Chesskid Day 3. Should have listened to me. At least I'm glad I got to prevent his mislynch.
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by Uite »

Hey! I never got the link to the Dead QT!

Oops...
Last edited by CSL on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:14 pm

Post by Equinox »

No wonder you were absent. I'd wondered.

Good to know I got a few town reads right. Scum reads, though... :igmeou:

Sorry about replacing out. To be quite honest, I was apathetic about this game on Day 1, and when I tried to read the thread to catch up and couldn't understand anything due to meds, I gave up. So, yeah, this marks my second flake-out. Many thanks to Uite for agreeing to replace me. <3

Return to “Completed Open Games”