Mini 1057: Unsubsidized Mafia (Game Over!)

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by Thor665 »

DemonHybrid wrote:
Does everyone agree that my reasoning for not suspecting jimfinn is valid?
Then? Maybe.
Now? Looking murkier.

Your town read on jimfinn hinged on a scum read of Far_Cry, if the read is so good it should clear you today I'm not following how you're now voting ThAdmiral instead - how has he leapt above a scum read that was so scummy as to provide you a town read?

@shotty - I've *got* to hear a case on ThAdmiral before you go rocketing off on this track, he's one of my two strong town reads and the other was the slot you replaced into, so having you gunning at him out of the gate is making my tiny brain melt in my head. Don't make me have to go policy again ;)
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Because he was extremely opportunistic and foreshadowed my vote late Day 2? (When I started suspecting Admiral)
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Also, I NEVER said Far_Cry looked town. I said I wasn't clearing him just because he used frustrated AtE.

You want this one.
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by redtail896 »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:I find it opportunistic that Admiral is attacking me because I was the only one originally against jimfinn's lynch. That's all there is to it.
I agree with this, Admiral was my top suspect and so far today he hasn't helped himself any
Why? Based solely on D1/2 play, why was Admiral your top suspect?
DemonHybrid wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:
Thor665 wrote:How is jimfinn obvious town? I'm not seeing it.
Assuming Far_Cry is scum (see what I see for a moment), everything that he's posted has little to no scum motivation. He hardly parroted, made a good case against Far Cry, even picked out my flaws and is straight shooting instead of causing deliberate confusion. jimfinn is just a bad lynch, I shouldn't have to tell you guys this again.
DH: this is your defense of jimfinn, and I wholeheartedly disagree. He
did
parrot, made little to no case against FarCry for most of the day (and his case was literally a quote of somebody else). I don't see that he was straight shooting, considering he posted so little. I know almost nothing of jimfinn's thoughts on anybody other than Far Cry.

But picking apart your defense is beside the point. You didn't feel that jimfinn was town. I can actually accept that.
Far_Cry wrote:So you are the only person to take my post literally. Interesting...
Was your post not supposed to be taking literally, if a tad self-pityingly? You must've known that you would be a top suspect today, regardless of anything else.
You can just call me Redtail. If I could, I'd change my name to that anyway.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

DemonHybrid wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:
Thor665 wrote:How is jimfinn obvious town? I'm not seeing it.
Assuming Far_Cry is scum (see what I see for a moment), everything that he's posted has little to no scum motivation.
He hardly parroted, made a good case against Far Cry, even picked out my flaws and is straight shooting instead of causing deliberate confusion.
jimfinn is just a bad lynch, I shouldn't have to tell you guys this again.
As redtail pointed out he did hardly any of these things, which makes your read all the more weird.

@ farcry: I believe sapos miller claim, I have strong town read on thor who was also instrumental in a scum lynch day 1, same with redtail, and farcry was the competing wagon with a scum day 1 so unlikely to be scum (also I feel the posts by farcry day 1 when he was saying he wasn't scum were genuine - I know people will say "AtE" and all that, but I feel they were genuine).
Don't ask me to provide self meta
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Please point out instances of parroting, why his case on Far Cry was bad, what was scummy about him picking out my flaws and how he was wishy-washy with his playing, trying to cause deliberate confusion.

You want this one.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by Chevre »

Vote Count 15

(1) DemonHybrid (ThAdmiral)
(1) ThAdmiral (DemonHybrid)

(5) Not Voting (drmyshottyizsik, Far_Cry, redtail896, saporovirus, Thor665)

With
players alive, it takes
votes to lynch!
Deadline is
November 15th

There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Far_Cry
Far_Cry
Goon
Far_Cry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by Far_Cry »

DemonHybrid wrote:Ugh.
So you are the only person to take my post literally. Interesting...
It had nothing to do with your post. It had to do with jim's flip and my suspicions from yesterday, I took your AtE as scummy at the time until Admiral posted.
You didn't say this when you voted for me. And when you said, "Glad to be of service," I assumed you voted because I said you should....
DemonHybrid wrote:Image

For the love of christ, why does everyone improperly use the term "OMGUS"?

You guys are supposed to be better than me at mafia. I'm the newbie here, seriously, what the hell?

Textbook definition of OMGUS:

Player A: "Vote: Player B. He's mad scummy because he seemed like he auto-knew someone was town."
Player B: "DUDE, go fuck yourself! Vote: Player A"
Player A: "Oh my, OMGUS!"

NOT OMGUS:

Player A: "Vote: Player B. He's mad scummy because he seemed like he auto-knew someone was town."
Player B: "Vote: Player A. I don't like the fact that you're attacking me because of it, it seems opportunistic. I just happened to get my read right."
Player A: "Oh my, OM
NO. WRONG.

OMGUS is only OMGUS when the counter-vote has no reasoning to back it up. Please stop trying to pin suspicion on me.

And no. Admiral legitimately skyrocketed above you on scumminess. You are second on my list.
Holy shit! So you're saying your vote isn't OMGUS, because you had a valid reason to vote for Admiral. Let us revisit your vote:
DemonHybrid wrote:
Unvote, Vote: ThAdmiral

I like that that's your only reasoning, and not the fact that I may have actually gotten a read right, which is what I usually do. I actually had a big feeling that this is what you were going to do this day.

I'd like to know how "I was way too sure he was town" when I provided reasoning on why I thought he was town. My stance on jim has NEVER changed.
Do you call this valid reasoning, if there's any reasoning at all? I still believe you OMGUS. Also funny is your overreaction.
DemonHybrid wrote:Uh....made a mistake? I made a good read. I proved it with evidence. That's not a "mistake"; you guys were the ones that made the mistake.

Let's not get out of hand with this.
Does everyone agree that my reasoning for not suspecting jimfinn is valid?
Please refer to my recent reply to Admiral; I brought the post back up.
When I said mistake, I meant you made a mistake in your reasoning, in why you thought jimfinn is town. It proved correct, but your reasons for it didn't make sense. So no, your reasons for not suspecting jmfinn were not valid.
DemonHybrid wrote:So, I'm forced to defend myself, and when I do, it "could be scummy". You realize how ridiculous that sounds, right?
I'm not liking your defense; that's the problem. I find it so funny that your critisize me for EVERYTHING I do. And everything you do is SOOO good. You were so sure jimfinn was town D2 and that I was scum. You know what I think? You're an egotistical bastard, and you need to quit making yourself look so good.
View my new PC gaming blog at: http://poorpcgamer.blogspot.com
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

You didn't say this when you voted for me. And when you said, "Glad to be of service," I assumed you voted because I said you should....
You're right. I didn't say anything when I voted for you, so why are you assuming?
Do you call this valid reasoning, if there's any reasoning at all? I still believe you OMGUS. Also funny is your overreaction.
Uh.....yes? That is valid reasoning. But hey, loaded question, so that's cool, bro.

Wasn't an overreaction. I fucking hate when people misrep the word OMGUS and don't actually know how to use it.
When I said mistake, I meant you made a mistake in your reasoning, in why you thought jimfinn is town. It proved correct, but your reasons for it didn't make sense. So no, your reasons for not suspecting jmfinn were not valid.
I'm still waiting for an answer on this, as per my last post. Starting to look like confirmation bias.
I'm not liking your defense; that's the problem. I find it so funny that your critisize me for EVERYTHING I do. And everything you do is SOOO good. You were so sure jimfinn was town D2 and that I was scum. You know what I think? You're an egotistical bastard, and you need to quit making yourself look so good.
So...I AM making myself look good? Thanks for the compliment.

Honestly, I feel like you guys are fucking up a completely good start to a game. You tunneled jimfinn to death, someone didn't protect a claimed cop, and you guys are attacking me for getting a read right without proving that my logic was bad, which makes your logic completely empty.

Thanks for the insult, though. I believe that's the 2nd insult in this game. If you're town, which I doubt, you're doing a terrible fucking job at being town. Now please answer my question instead of insulting me and try to prove your logic instead of tunneling without reasoning, just like you did to jimfinn.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

EBWOP: try to prove your logic instead of tunneling without
good
reasoning, just like you did to jimfinn.

You want this one.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:23 pm

Post by Thor665 »

=====================================
Wikirage post

@Far_Cry - DH's vote may or may not have been scummy. It wasn't OMGUS either way - dear gawd I reuse to sit here and read a OMGUS debate between the two of you so let's just not go there.
@DH - as above, feel free to respond to the rest of FC's post, but zip it on the OMGUS thing unless some other player wades in thinking that's a valid tell on you. Trust me, nobody cares or is impressed either way.
=====================================

Okay.

@DH - still not sure I quite follow your shift from Far_Cry to thAdmiral. You seemed really focused on Far_Cry as scum, used it to clear a player yesterday, and even came into today calling scum on FC yet again - however one "opportunistic" argument from Admiral and he supercedes FC in your mind? What's up with that?

@Admiral - if DH is scum why would he want to float off of the FC obv. mislynch of ease wagon to try to toss up a case on you? I don't think you looked that lynchable, thoughts?

EBWOP - arrgggh, my rage came too late!
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:27 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

@DH - as above, feel free to respond to the rest of FC's post, but zip it on the OMGUS thing unless some other player wades in thinking that's a valid tell on you. Trust me, nobody cares or is impressed either way.
Just as long as people start learning. It's a pet peeve that people use that boiler plate in a non-valid way and call it a good argument, but that's the last I'm commenting on the situation.
@DH - still not sure I quite follow your shift from Far_Cry to thAdmiral. You seemed really focused on Far_Cry as scum, used it to clear a player yesterday, and even came into today calling scum on FC yet again - however one "opportunistic" argument from Admiral and he supercedes FC in your mind? What's up with that?
I feel what Admiral did was a classic scum maneuver to undermine a good read and to try to weed down townliness. I've done it plenty as scum, and it's a pretty big logical fallacy to completely disregard any logic that I had without explain why they're disregarding it and turning to voting me for getting a read right. Far_Cry still looks mega scummy, but I can't ignore how opportunistic Admiral was.

You want this one.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:33 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Ok mainly he is my top suspect due to one, the way jack floated through, and seondly how once he replaced in, admiral still lacked the posting of true good abundant content
#freeShotty
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@shotty - Jack not posting often is null, because he had to replace out - it wasn't strategic, it was real life. I'll agree Admiral doesn't post droves, I disagree about him not posting content. Is that really the extent of the case? (besides the obligatory gut)

What is your take on DH and the shift from Far_Cry to Admiral?
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:44 pm

I think he is trying to bus
#freeShotty
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:I think he is trying to bus
I'm trying to bus Admiral?

Oh...right..."drmyshottyizsik".

I'm going to try to get through the game and completely ignore you

You want this one.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by Thor665 »

:lol:
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:22 pm

DemonHybrid wrote:
drmyshottyizsik wrote:I think he is trying to bus
I'm trying to bus Admiral?

Oh...right..."drmyshottyizsik".

I'm going to try to get through the game and completely ignore you
it wont work sir
#freeShotty
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

You went from agreeing with me to "He's trying to bus Admiral".

....what?

Yes. I will try my hardest to ignore you, hahaha

You want this one.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:37 pm

i agree the ad is scum, but so are you
#freeShotty
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:13 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

And why's that?

You want this one.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:15 pm

already stated
#freeShotty
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

...you realize you haven't come close to justifying suspicion for me, right?

You want this one.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Shotty, why do you do this?

Do your reads honestly make sense to you, because I'm already thinking it might be wise to zone you out as well, and that's dangerous as hell.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:I find it opportunistic that Admiral is attacking me because I was the only one originally against jimfinn's lynch. That's all there is to it.
I agree with this, Admiral was my top suspect and so far today he hasn't helped himself any
You're using DH's "bussing/distancing" case on ThAdmiral as your case against Admiral while also calling DH scum for bussing/distancing his buddy? Oh dear gawd sir!
If you think DH made a good case on ThAdmiral why do you think it's also a scum case?
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

If we have a vig, please shoot shotty tonight.

You want this one.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”