Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:34 am

Post by AGar »

After a night of sleep, the town awoke the next day to a cool autumn morning, with a fresh dew on the ground. The citizens began preparing for the long day ahead, hoping for better results than the previous day.

However, walking into the town square showed that this day was going to be as horrific as the last. Two bodies littered the town square, one with a bullet clean between the eyes, the other peppered with weapon fire. You searched both of the bodies frantically, hoping that one of the mobsters has been killed in the crossfire - one had the keys to the local prison, the other nothing. No such luck would be had.

Things weren't looking up for the town at all.

Zinive, Town Jailkeeper, Killed Night 1
Shattered Viewpoint, Vanilla Townie, Killed Night 1

Votecount 2.0
Antihero (0)
-
ICEninja (0)
-
Llamarble (0)
-
Me=Weird (0)
-
Netlava (0)

Oso (0)
-
PerArdua (0)
-
Equinox (0)
-
Xine (0)
-

Not Voting (9)
- Antihero, ICEninja, Llamarble, Me=Weird, Netlava, Oso, PerArdua, Equinox, Xine

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
No one
is the current wagon leader(s), at
L-7

Deadline is Sunday, November 7th, 2010 @ 11:59 PM EDT
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:30 am

Post by ICEninja »

Well, wow. I really just don't even want to play this game anymore.

To whoever the vig is, sure I don't mind Shattered dying on the account that he was an ass, but did you even look at the vote count? He was one of the few people NOT on the mislynch wagon. Terrible shot choice.

But whatever. I really just don't even care at all at this point.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:44 am

Post by Me=Weird »

Well, I was going to look through netlava's ISO, but I think that'll be delayed a bit, because I view the following as a slip.
ICEninja wrote:Well, wow. I really just don't even want to play this game anymore.

To whoever the vig is, sure I don't mind Shattered dying on the account that he was an ass, but did you even look at the vote count? He was one of the few people NOT on the mislynch wagon. Terrible shot choice.

It's a slip because only scum would know that it's a vig, because of their team size/power. There have been numerous case's of two scum groups in a MN. Usually 2 groups of 2, so ICEninja's probably on team of 3, or with lots of power. Furthermore, why was it a bad shot just because SV wasn't on the lynch? Parts of that post also seemed like AtE, and there was the early game obsession with short deadlines.
Vote: ICEninja
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:30 am

Post by Oso »

Man, why do interesting things always seem to happen in games on Sunday.

Have to throw in with Me=Weird here. Don't want to get in a what I think the set-up might be discussion, when I don't have time to sit and think on it properly but M=W has an excellent point. ICEninja blew straight through any other killing roles right to vig.

Short on time and I wanted to re-read after the night-flips before getting into this day but that is glaring enough for a vote. His(ICEninja's) post needs some explanation.

VOTE: ICENinja
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:25 am

Post by Llamarble »

I don't find the lynching wagons that scummy since I definitely approved of both lynches.
Unfortunately all of the town players now dead seemed scummy to me, so it will be hard to see who was just scumhunting and who was framing.
I guess I need to reread all the cases against Fernando, Shattered, and Zinive to figure out which ones look like their author was just making stuff up.
I'll do so later today.
@Ice: Defeatism at this stage isn't helpful at all. Things haven't gone well, but if we manage to lynch scum today we're vaguely back on track.
I also find your belief that Shattered was a terrible shot choice odd, both for the reasons above and because you, Zinive, Fernando and I (and maybe others I've forgotten) had all expressed suspicion of Shattered.
You also waffled back and forth on him, at one point intentionally not making a case against him (which you did more-or-less satisfactorily explain) and then making one later.
That said I'm not convinced enough to make a vote yet and I'll place one somewhere after I reread and decide who I think is scummiest in light of the flips we've seen.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:56 am

Post by ICEninja »

Umm guys, take a look at this:
Mod wrote: one with a bullet clean between the eyes
Mod wrote: the other peppered with weapon fire
It is very obvious that the jail keeper, Zinive, was killed by scum, and Shattered killed by non scum. I suppose it could have been a serial killer, but whatever.

I seriously don't care.

The top 2 scummiest players during day 1 were the town power roles, and the scummiest player pre-lynch was a vanilla townie. A 4th player isn't even playing. would it be unreasonable at this point to request replacement?
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:15 am

Post by Antihero »

Me=Weird wrote:Well, I was going to look through netlava's ISO, but I think that'll be delayed a bit, because I view the following as a slip.
ICEninja wrote:Well, wow. I really just don't even want to play this game anymore.

It's a slip because only scum would know that it's a vig, because of their team size/power. There have been numerous case's of two scum groups in a MN. Usually 2 groups of 2, so ICEninja's probably on team of 3, or with lots of power. Furthermore, why was it a bad shot just because SV wasn't on the lynch? Parts of that post also seemed like AtE, and there was the early game obsession with short deadlines.
Vote: ICEninja
Ice is most likely town. This vote is fail, as is Oso's. M=W seems to actually believe he caught a scum slip; Oso doesn't, he's faking it.

VOTE: Oso

Ice is right in that SV's kill was most likely from a vig, but that's not relevant right now.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:31 am

Post by Equinox »

ICEninja wrote:The top 2 scummiest players during day 1 were the town power roles, and the scummiest player pre-lynch was a vanilla townie. A 4th player isn't even playing. would it be unreasonable at this point to request replacement?
Yes, sir, it would, if the reason behind your wish to replace out is based purely on the game situation.

Going to the matter at hand...

We have a difficult decision to make here. If we mislynch today and the local flaker doesn't come back and post, we could be in endgame by Night 2.

Honestly, I don't have very much faith in seeing this one post again. Therefore, I propose that we invoke a policy lynch.

VOTE: PerArdua

This slot is a completely null one. Could we do better with lynching a scum read? Perhaps... but look what that's gotten us. Today is the last day we can do this. If PerArdua flips scum, then we've hit a pretty big prize; if PerArdua flips town, we've just averted disaster.

I don't suggest immediately lynching him, as we've got a number of things on today's agenda (FeRnAnDo wagon, ICEninja, Oso, etc.) and I'd like to give PerArdua a chance to redeem himself, but if it's clear he's not coming back and that he's not getting replaced, we need to lynch PerArdua today.

I will take a look at Day 1 when I come home later tonight.

Immediate thoughts on what's happened so far:

I still believe ICEninja is town. I don't like your sudden defeatism, though; the situation is bad, but it can be remedied.

I like where Antihero is going.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:33 am

Post by Netlava »

Fernando: Last logged in: Oct 30

A little bit too late. What a dick move! Of course, I don't know your circumstances, but I can't help but feel a little miffed.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Netlava »

Mod: Replace me
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Equinox wrote: Yes, sir, it would, if the reason behind your wish to replace out is based purely on the game situation.
I've been in worse game situations than this one. I'm just extremely unhappy about how badly Fernando screwed us over, in a game that I haven't been particularly enjoying to begin with. Oh and that isn't even mentioning PerArdua. But I'll stay for the time being.

Frankly, I think right now our best bet is actually to let PerArdua get mod killed. It is a stupid method to deal with him, because any other mod would have replaced him a week ago, but lynching him gives mafia and either a gun happy vig or SK more shots. Since Per absolutely must die anyway, we may as well not give scum more night actions because at this point, lets face it, town is useless at night.

At a quick glance, which is all I care to give this game anymore, Oso looks pretty opportunistic. He voted Fernando without really believing in it just to end the day, and gave himself the option to deny having really wanted to lynch Fernando, which is great for scum in this situation. This theory is augmented by how much he moved his vote around, trying to find a safe spot for it.

So for now,
Vote Oso

If we have a vig, for the love of god hold your fire unless you're really sure you'll hit scum.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by AGar »

With the morning barely over, accusations began flying left and right, wondering about the killers who struck last night. The town could not easily come to terms with the bloodshed's continuance.

Votecount 2.1
Antihero (0)
-
ICEninja (2)
- Me=Weird, Oso
Llamarble (0)
-
Me=Weird (0)
-
Netlava (0)

Oso (2)
- Antihero, ICEninja
PerArdua (1)
- Equinox
Equinox (0)
-
Xine (0)
-

Not Voting (4)
- Llamarble, Netlava, PerArdua, Xine

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
Two players
are the current wagon leader(s), at
L-3

Deadline is Sunday, November 7th, 2010 @ 11:59 PM EDT
I have contacted Netlava about replacing, I hope he responds with timeliness, as I will begin the hunt as soon as I know he is positive about this. In the future, please bring all replacement requests directly to my attention via PM.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by Equinox »

Dammit, guys, don't infect me with your apathy.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by Antihero »

Quiters never win, equinox.

@Mod: Is PerArdua picking up his prods?

If he's picking up the prods and not posting, that = epic superscumfail.

Another person who hasn't gotten enough attention is Xine. I'm not a particular fan of her D1 play. IGMEOY
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by Oso »

I'm not apathetic :P Just spent the day with friends and family and this game was very much on my mind.

Composing now. I'ma hand you folks two scum. On a platter no less. Maybe take a shot at a third and yes Llama, you are still on that list but congratulations, you are distant third and fading fast but enough doubt remains in my mind about you I'm going to purge it all in one post.

By the way, have I mentioned how much I love playing the game of Mafia. (<-Figured I throw that out to the
town
folks (hint ICE isn't one of them) who are feeling a bit down about the PR bloodbath.....this is where the game gets FUN :))
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by Antihero »

Looking forward to it.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by Oso »

Two posts coming (I'm going to split them because I need to check something on my second case before before I pull a real boner).

My vote remains on ICEninja.

First off Oso's Post #58- Summarized, this is my ICEninja vote of yesterday. Basically, I accuse him of setting an atmosphere where its urgent that a lynch take place and that I can see scum using it to go after low activity players. And that is exactly what I see happening because at that point his vote is on, you guessed it,
Fernando

He answers in Post #63 - Summarized, he answers my vote with some decent reasoning but there is still the underlying 'this isn't a normal mini-normal' theme. And he also says:
ICEninja wrote:..That being said, I find Oso fairly town for his observation.
Of course he finds me town for my observation, I just hit the nail right on the head.

At the end of that post, he asks me some questions that do get me seriously thinking about how BaM might change the normal lynch/NK dynamic if you have to throw in even a single Mod-Kill because of the ruleset.

Then Xine said this in Post #77
Xine wrote:..
Oso: given the assumption that a lurker will just be mod killed why does that mean that we don’t have to worry about it? What if we lose town to a mod kill, and lynch a fairly active town player too. Mathematically speaking wouldn’t it be nice to lose only one town player
That promted me to make this This Post and then This Post - Summarized, the first give my normal game reaction to lynches. They are basically useless unless preceded by a fair amount of good discussion. The second shows, quite clearly I think, how I am starting to actually process how this game might be different than a normal non-BaM game.

The above is two-fold. Why I went ahead and hammered Fernando and to show that my initial read of ICEninja is the one I should have stayed with. I never should have unvoted him. He posed just the right questions to get me thinking that what I accused of him of doing scummily, might very well be the way to go this game. He played me like a cheap guitar on that one and I'm not sure whether to be pissed or to congratulate him.

Then this today:
ICEninja wrote:..
At a quick glance, which is all I care to give this game anymore, Oso looks pretty opportunistic.
He voted Fernando without really believing in it just to end the day, and gave himself the option to deny having really wanted to lynch Fernando, which is great for scum in this situation. This theory is augmented by how much he moved his vote around, trying to find a safe spot for it.
No, I didn't believe Fernando was scum. I believe I made that clear when I stated my intention to hammer here:
Oso wrote:..I'm waffling on Fernando. I see the points all of those that are voting are making though. Doesn't change the fact that experience and my gut tells me that if we lynch a lurking, low-activity player here on Day 1, we are going to hit a townie who was disinterested in playing the game and flaked.
[snip]
Still thinking although I will say that I won't let Day 1 go to a No-lynch if it happens to come down to me voting or going to a no-lynch. We ARE pressed for time at the moment so you will probably have my vote at the end of the day (real life day, not game day).
That wasn't me trying to squirm my way out the responsibility for hammering, that was me acknowledging the fact that Fernando was probably town but I was going to hammer anyway if he didn't make an appearance. We were at deadline and the idea I had formed earlier during the day, based on some of the questions that had been directed at me, of cutting townie losses might be the way to go was what I was operating under. I never had any intention of trying to shift the responsibility for my vote of Fernando to any other reason other than I thought it was the best play at the time.

As to moving my vote around trying to find a safe one, that just doesn't bear scrutiny. I had my vote "safe" on another player:Llamarble. No way in hell he was going to be lynched yesterday and if I wanted to be off the 'probably lurking townie' lynch, it would have stayed there. SV (here) states his intention to hammer so there was no need for me to do it if I was simply looking to avoid responsibility for the lynch. I stated when I would cast my vote and under what conditions, and I did just that.

Don't be fooled by the discouraged townie act. He's laughing his ass off right now. Real stroke of luck for scum: Dead Cop. Add in the outted and now dead JK and the only person who really seriously questioned him yesterday (beside myself) dead(SV). He is loving this game as it stands now.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by Oso »

Second post won't be coming. What I thought as as a second obvious scum may not be that at all. Got excited I might have caught two for one, need to think on it some.
-
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:15 pm

Post by Oso »

Damn, I forgot that I had moved off Llamarble to Zinive and then unvoted Zinive. I know how that looks admitting to that but there it is.

The rest still stands though. All up to the part about having my votes safed. It wasn't on anyone at the time I switched to Fernando but the reasoning still stands. SV had expressed his willingness to hammer as well.
-
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:11 pm

Post by Llamarble »

I'm tired, so this won't be as long as I planned.
I'll do my complete reread holding the identities of the flipped players in mind soon.

My take on all the defeatism:
I plan to continue to do my best, simply taking into account that it's probably almost mountainous now.
Sure, the odds aren't great, but it's all the more glory if we somehow manage to win.
I hope the other town players will take a similar attitude, since we'll all have more fun (it is a game after all) and a much better chance of winning.

It looks like Perardua will just get modkilled.
If he is going to get modkilled, we should let it happen and lynch somebody so we get as many opportunities to hit scum as possible.

Oso:
I appreciate your willingness to continue playing.

You acknowledged yourself that the case you made against Ice yesterday looked like he was just trying to help generate content
Now you're trying to use that case as evidence against Ice again?
Explain.

Actually, it looks like M=W is trying to use it too.

The end of your post sounds even more like ATE than Ice's.
Then again Fernando's post against Shattered sounded pretty similar, so I guess town say things like that sometimes.

I can't make sense of most of Oso's post in defense of himself properly right now.

I think I agree with Agar and Equinox that Ice is town, but sleep will tell.
If I had to guess the scumteam right now I'd say Oso M=W and Xine.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:07 pm

Post by AGar »

Netlava has requested to be replaced. Search is underway.

ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:36 am

Post by ICEninja »

Oso wrote: He posed just the right questions to get me thinking that what I accused of him of doing scummily, might very well be the way to go this game. He played me like a cheap guitar on that one and I'm not sure whether to be pissed or to congratulate him.
What? Maybe I'm just town, and genuinely feel how I say I feel and you recognized that. I'm terrible at scum, or at least I was the game I played it. You're giving me way too much credit for something I'm probably not capable of.

Most of your case against me is "Oh wait so you WERE scummy for the reasons I said yesterday then decided that they weren't scum tells."
And yes, I was referring to your hop from Llama to Zinive to Fernando. For the most part, scum's goal isn't to be off the wagon, it is generally more to make a mislynch happen. You misinterpreted what I meant by safe.
Oso wrote: Don't be fooled by the discouraged townie act. He's laughing his ass off right now. Real stroke of luck for scum: Dead Cop. Add in the outted and now dead JK and the only person who really seriously questioned him yesterday (beside myself) dead(SV). He is loving this game as it stands now.
Right. This makes me want to replace out even more.

Llama, don't take my frustration as defeatism. A few games ago, town was in a 7 man lylo. I successfully called out the entire scum team at that point and pushed for a town victory. While on vacation, I might add. If that wasn't the most uphill battle I've ever fought then I don't know what is. This is less mountainous than that game was. I'm just feeling like this is the dumbest and least enjoyable game I've played here at MS. We had our cop completely flake on us, despite having logged in to the site, another player who obviously isn't interested in playing, Zinive was scummy and yet a power role, and we're going to either have to lynch a 1 post player or let him die of mod kill because the mod is using a rule set that doesn't deal with inactive players. I don't even care if town manages to win somehow, I'm just not interested in doing much with this failfest.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:17 am

Post by Antihero »

Oso's acting = fail

Wagon, please.
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Me=Weird »

229: What do you mean, "both lynches"? We've only had one lynch.
230: You're basing set-up speculation off of flavor in a normal? If you don't want to play, replace out. Apathy is worse then useless, as it can make others apathetic.
231: I agree that until now, ICE was fairly pro-town, but that first post of the day read to much like scum slipping up. I don't see why it's a "fail-vote". How do you know that Oso's faking it?
232: "We have a difficult decision to make here. If we mislynch today and the local flaker doesn't come back and post, we could be in endgame by Night 2." The problem with this is that it's assuming the vig(if it is a vig) would shoot, knowing that if he was wrong, scum would probably win. Policy lynch idea is dumb. If he's scum and we lynch someone else, then that's pretty good, awesome if the person we lynch is scum. If both the person we lynch and PA are town, then vig doesn't shoot. Why do you want to look at ICE if you still think he's town?
235: If being in this game makes you unhappy, just replace out. I think we should let PA get modkilled too, but you seem to want to because if we lynch him scum and sk/vig get more shots? Not sure what you mean by that. :/ I'm starting to agree on Oso, though.
241: For all that you go on about ICE obsessing about the deadlines, and voting the lurker, that didn't seem to stop you from voting fernando, who flaked. I know you said that you would, but I don't see why you hammered someone you thought was town when someone else expressed willingness to hammer. Out of curiosity, who else did you think you'd caught as scum?
244: What am I trying to use against ICE? Is it the obsessing about deadlines thing? That distracted from actual content you know. As in, not townish. And how does it make me one of the top three scummiest people? I'm having trouble deciphering parts of Oso's post too, but that may be because I didn't get much sleep last night. "I think I agree with Agar and Equinox that Ice is town, but sleep will tell." Are you aware that AGar is the mod? lol
IDK, I'm starting to get a frustrated townie feel from ICE, and the slip isn't seeming as much of a slip. I'm gonna look things over later.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by Llamarble »

@M=W:
By both lynches I meant the Zinive lynch (which never actually happened) and the Fernando lynch (which did).
If I had said "both wagons" instead it would have been clearer.
Basically I was saying I didn't think either of the wagons that got close to lynching were scumdriven because they were legitimately based on scummy actions of the players they targeted.

Haha, I am aware Agar is the mod. I blame the tiredness I was experiencing at the time.

I'm going to do my reread soon and hopefully will have something new to say.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”