charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:10 am

Post by charter »

horrordude0215 dashes down field, trying to outrun the mob of players chasing him. Just as it looks like he will break free, he collapses grabbing his leg. He gets helped off the field not to return to the game.

horrordude0215,
Wide Receiver
, pulled hamstring day three.

Defense scores!

72 hours for night.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:39 am

Post by charter »

Interception! Offense loses their 50 yards.

Defense scores!

Antihero,
Wide Receiver
, injured night four!

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is November 14th.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:05 am

Post by Mariyta »

Gut reaction is to vote inHim based on Antihero's suspicions, but I need to re-read first. Three games to re-read today, so this one might get pushed to tomorrow.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:07 am

Post by Antihero »

Poo :(

Go Offense! And Panthers!
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:23 am

Post by jimfinn »

VOTE: inHimshallibe
We'll start here and see where to go from there.
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:50 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

vote: inHim

hes scum.

ps hes visiting me this weekend so i dont know if he will be online until monday.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:55 am

Post by Kdub »

VOTE: inHim

I'm pretty sure this is the right play today.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:09 am

Post by Mariyta »

@Raj: Why are you so sure now?

P-edit: inHim is now L-1. Raj, please make sure he claims.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:29 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

ok, well dont quick lynch him. he should be back on monday, maybe on sunday.

main reason was his flipflop on horror.
Show

raj's to do list:

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:25 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

So the defence intercepting just means that the same player who killed Antihero could also catch, right?

Waiting on inHim's claim.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:06 am

Post by Mariyta »

charter wrote:
Roles

Mafia/Defense
You are a Linebacker. You can intercept the ball at night if it is thrown to you. In addition, each night you may perform one of these actions if your team has enough points. Using an action will subtract the corresponding number of points from your team's score.
  • 7 points - Target a player and prevent them from performing a night action. This will not stop this player from running or catching for yards if they can catch or run the ball.
  • 14 points - Intercepts a pass (if one is thrown) this night.
  • 21 points - Target an additional player this night to injure them. This injury cannot be prevented.
You win with the Defense when all players on the Offense have left the field. XXXXX and YYYYY are also on the Defense, you may talk HEREZZZZ during the night. Each night, one of you may injure a player instead of using another action. This won't prevent you from intercepting a pass.
You are a Defensive End. You have no special abilities and are unable to handle the ball.
You win with the Defense when all players on the Offense have left the field. XXXXX and YYYYY are also on the Defense, you may talk HEREZZZZ during the night. Each night, one of you may injure a player instead of using another action. This won't prevent you from intercepting a pass.
You are a Cornerback. You may intercept passes. Each night you may target a player. If the ball is thrown to that player, you will intercept it.
You are a Defensive Tackle. Each night you may target a player. If you target the Quarterback and they hold on to the ball, you will force a fumble. You can not intercept the ball.
We've already taken out the linebacker. My guess is the cornerback targeted Antihero and someone threw him the ball.

I'm trying to decide if that's a serious question posted by confused town, or scum trying to seem inquisitive and helpful... You don't strike me as so unobservant that you wouldn't check the posted roles at the beginning of the game.
-Susan Ertz

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:25 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

I wasn't sure what happened to a WR who was targeted by the QB and killed the same night. It doesn't say whether kills or point-scoring resolves first. As scum can't perform another action at the same time as injuring, everyone confirmed they didn't throw to horror, and the other WR clearly caught the ball for a touchdown N1, I am assuming that the QB was permitted to throw to Antihero again, as it was no longer a consecutive night (I'm obviously assuming that the QB isn't an idiot and decided to throw to a player he knew was a WR). If scum killing a WR doesn't automatically cause an interception, then the quarterback, the mafia kill and the cornerback must all have targeted Antihero.

Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:03 am

Post by Kdub »

From my understanding of the role PMs, it's possible the QB threw directly to scum last night, or threw to someone else who was not a WR and a cornerback also targeted them. I don't get the sense from the wording that an interception attempt would fail if the targeted player isn't a WR.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:44 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Well, the QB could have done, but I would have thought that if there are 2 WRs and Antihero was the one who caught the touchdown pass N1, the QB would have targeted Antihero again. There's no sense in targeting anyone else as Anti wasn't outed and the QB knew he was a WR.

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:50 am

Post by Mariyta »

Locke, what's your opinion on inHim pre-claim?

FYI, I'm leaning town on Locke, now.
-Susan Ertz

rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

ok the D only scored 7 points last night right?
so is it safe to assume that the corner back chose the same person as the QB to cause the interception?
i know there is the rare possibility that there are two linebackers, but an interception would mean that the defense would have scored 14 points last night.

and locke: i assumed that since Coach died we havnt had a TE and there is no reason to gain points, just use the QB as a weak cop. so i am hoping that the QB is throwing to other people. if the offense gains 50/100 yards then they will be confirmed innocent.

anti-hero as the person who caught the TD night one... probably, i assume that we will find out once the QB finally claims.

like i said yesterday we are flirting with losing if we lynch wrong right now. i dont know how everyone would feel about a mass claim, i am always up for it but thats just how i play the end game of mafia. i know it would be ideal to do it tomorrow with a dead inhimscum but i would hate to regret it.
Show

raj's to do list:

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by Mariyta »

rajrhcpfreak wrote:like i said yesterday we are flirting with losing if we lynch wrong right now. i dont know how everyone would feel about a mass claim, i am always up for it but thats just how i play the end game of mafia. i know it would be ideal to do it tomorrow with a dead inhimscum but i would hate to regret it.
See, it's things like this that make me question your alignment. Though, if inHim really is scum, I doubt you'd be busing him.

Where is he, anyway? We need a claim from him before someone hammers.
-Susan Ertz

jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by jimfinn »

I don't think a mass claim would help right now - we would lose the most useful roles tonight we might have left. Lynch the scum, possibly MC tomorrow.
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

he and his girlfriend left lexington to go back to nashville sunday around noon.
she had an interview today then she was going back home in western kentucky.
i expect him to get on as soon as she leaves town.

now me asking if we should mass claim... the only thing that does is possibly kill the momentum of inhim's lynch. why would i be supporting his lynch and also want to stopping it. especially at this point of the game.
the reason why my record is so well in the end game (the wiki says im 9-3). if i was scum i would ride the game out, force 1 bad lynch today hopefully fast too. honestly i could have waited and not said anything until inhim showed up and also hope that someone doesnt believe him and hammers before i have to stick my foot in my mouth, but im discussing here because the town needs to get all of its info out in the open so we can make the correct lynch.
Show

raj's to do list:

jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:14 pm

Post by jimfinn »

Raj, who is your second suspect after inHim?
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

mari looks really scummy with her being on every lynch late in the game. not to mention it sounds she wants to lynch me for very innocent things. yesterday and today, i make a comment and if you take it at face value then the typical amateur scum hunter would jump on it. just like the claim thing. we have to lynch right today, simple fact. we are protecting the QB so much but are we willing to risk him getting killed at night and we have no information. not to mention Locke's comment on anti being the source on the N1 TD, that assumption sounds like the corner back who has information.

the locke/razgriz play style is scary. razgriz was given pressure early and then when he flaked because of it and didnt respond; we gave locke a pass continued to play and hes played very UTR. but like i said in the previous paragraph it seams very suspicious that he is making all those assumptions. the biggest one would be that there is only 2 WR, especially where in this game WRs have no power (the power belongs to the QB).

the real question i am asking myself, is who could be partners in these 3. if inhim was innocent then mari or locke could have hammered him and ended the game.

#1 inhim
#2 mari
#3 Locke

[edit: i just did the numbers and i think you all might be right about not mass claiming or the QB coming out. the only thing good about doing it now is giving us a better percentage to making it to tomorrow. we will also have at least 1 confirmed innocent since there was a 50 yard gain. 2 innocents if there was a 3rd WR. of course the obvious reasons to not claim is the QB surviving and we have 1-4 confirmed innocents; if the QB died then we will have 0-1 innocents.
but this is the intelligent discussion i think we should have about this option.]
Show

raj's to do list:

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:03 am

Post by Mariyta »

If you didn't say scummy things, I wouldn't have to point them out. And do you really want me to follow you blindly without questioning anything you say?
That
would be scummy. I still say no to the mass claim. Why reveal our QB at this point when it's unnecessary? The longer we can protect them, the better.
-Susan Ertz

Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:12 am

Post by Kdub »

Yeah I agree with no mass claim for now, pending inHim's claim.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:09 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

mari, you keep repeating the mafia 101 handbook.
i didnt say blindly follow me or not to question me, i said "lets have an intelligent discussion."
i said the possibilities and the risks of not doing it and the gains for not doing it.

if you want to pick things apart then do this post:
raj wrote:[edit: i just did the numbers and i think you all might be right about not mass claiming or the QB coming out. the only thing good about doing it now is giving us a better percentage to making it to tomorrow. we will also have at least 1 confirmed innocent since there was a 50 yard gain. 2 innocents if there was a 3rd WR. of course the obvious reasons to not claim is the QB surviving and we have 1-4 confirmed innocents; if the QB died then we will have 0-1 innocents.
but this is the intelligent discussion i think we should have about this option.]
Show

raj's to do list:

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:20 am

Post by Mariyta »

I don't think there's much discussion to be had. A mass claim would out our only really important role at this point. As you already said, gaining points is useless, so it's a cop role right now. We should protect the QB at all costs.
-Susan Ertz

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”