SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

TO THE ONE OF YOU ON ME WHO IS TOWN:

WHAT
THE
HELL

Thank you, LL and Mariyta, for having some damned sense.

raj I think is definitely more town than jimfinn. Kdub is my priority to lynch, but I think MYLO demands us to make the smart Town play:

vote: No Lynch

I'm not claiming unless you're deadset against No Lynch. I will give no help as to the identity of our QB.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Not the reaction I was expecting... Not sure what to think at this point. I was convinced LL was scum based on Razgriz's play, but his recent posts have seemed pretty town to me, despite raj's claim that they're scummy. My gut is telling me to not trust Raj, and I've never liked kdub (though I can't remember why).

inHim, when you say you will give no help as to the identity of the QB, do you mean you are consciously refusing to help, or that your claim would not help find them?

P-edit: Wait, I think I know what you're saying. I need to think about the no-lynch situation. I can't believe I'm waiting to hear Locke's opinion on the matter. Oh how the tide has turned.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Just thinking out loud here...

rajrhcpfreak
Mariyta
inHimshallibe
Kdub
Razgriz
Locke Lamora
jimfinn

This is our player list. Two of them are scum, one is our QB. If we mislynch today, that puts us 3-2 going into night, and 2-2 tomorrow (game over). If we no lynch, we're 4-2 going into night, 3-2 tomorrow with a sliver of hope remaining. Holy hell, we're the Bills!

If inHim is town, both scum must already be on the wagon. I suggest any townies on that wagon unvote post-haste.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

had inhim been a runningback or fullback (or the one that the QB used) then i think there would have been a little more resistance to the wagon.
so i dont think he is one of the confirmable roles.

voting no lynch does nothing to make me think that you are town inhim. and since you arnt one of the confirmable roles i think you should claim. AFTER that we can decide if you are scum. it will also help our QB make a better choice for tonight, since mari is so deadset on keeping the QB hidden.

im really thinking this is a mari-inhim scum pair making a last ditch effort to kill the QB tonight and keeping their group still together. this will be the first time scum would be in the drivers seat with 4-2 tomorrow with a dead QB.

and mari, i wont unvote until inhim claims.

[edit: there are 3 options, let me go through them]
1: mass claim, lynch correctly, 3-1 tomorrow, 1 confirmed innocent, lynch correctly, win
1a: mass claim, lynch correctly, 3-1 tomorrow, 1 confirmed innocent, lynch incorrectly, lose
1b: mass claim, lynch incorrectly, lose

<highlights: informed decision currently, minimal chance of losing today, will lose QB, still have an innocent in the end game.>

2: lynch blindly, lynch correctly, 3-1 tomorrow, QB survives, at least another confirmed innocent, lynch correctly, win
2a: lynch blindly, lynch correctly, 3-1 tomorrow, QB survives, at least another confirmed innocent, lynch incorrectly, lose
2b: lynch blindly, lynch correctly, 3-1 tomorrow, QB dies, no confirmed innocents, lynch correctly, win
2c: lynch blindly, lynch correctly, 3-1 tomorrow, QB dies, no confirmed innocents, lynch incorrectly, lose
2d: lynch blindly, lynch incorrectly, lose

<highlights: gamble with the QB, even if the QB lives then we still might only have a limited or no other confirmable people to then lynch twice in a row. remember that interceptions could happen and keep the QB from getting any results tomorrow.>

3: no lynch, 3-2 tomorrow, QB survives, at least another confirmed innocent, lynch correctly, 2-1 next day, 1 confirmed innocent, lynch correctly, win
3a: no lynch, 3-2 tomorrow, QB survives, at least another confirmed innocent, lynch correctly, 2-1 next day, 1 confirmed innocent, lynch incorrectly, lose
3b: no lynch, 3-2 tomorrow, QB dies, lynch correctly, 2-1 next day, lynch correctly, win
3c: no lynch, 3-2 tomorrow, QB dies, lynch correctly, 2-1 next day, lynch incorrectly, lose
3d: no lynch, 3-2 tomorrow, QB dies, lynch incorrectly, lose

<highlights: can't lose today, can't win tomorrow, if QB dies then we are in a hole, if QB lives then we are in the driver's seat.>

me outlining this is just to go over all the possibilities. i find it very suspicious that mari disregards my proposal automatically but embraces inhim's
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Your proposal puts us in a very good position to lose our QB, which would in turn probably lose the game altogether. A no lynch gives us a chance and gives the QB one more night to confirm another player. I'll think on it and let you know tomorrow. Hopefully others will do the same. This isn't the time for people to lurk.
-Susan Ertz

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:15 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

@Mari: I will not comment on my role because it either reveals myself as the QB or narrows down the scum's suspect pool.

@raj: Your gamestates depend on the outcome of lynch correctly/incorrectly. The best possible way to decrease the chances of lynch incorrectly is No Lynch.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

QB suspect pool*
Show

:

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:21 am

Post by Mariyta »

Yeah, I still don't like mass claim.

Where the hell is everyone else?
-Susan Ertz

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Mariyta »

Actually, I'm feeling a jimfinn/kdub scum team at this point.
-Susan Ertz

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:38 am

Post by charter »

VOTE COUNT

inHimshallibe - 3 (jimfinn, rajrhcpfreak, Kdub)
No Lynch - 1 (inHimshallibe)

NOT VOTING

Mariyta
Locke Lamora

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch! Deadline is November 14th.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:32 am

Post by Kdub »

I don't think it's necessary to mass claim unless somebody can clear inHim, and based on the reactions we've seen so far, it doesn't look like that is the case.

Regarding the no lynch plan, I think raj's post covers most of it. I think between #2 (lynch) and #3 (no lynch), the outcomes look fairly equal. I would like to point out though, that if inHim is scum (and I think he is), he is potentially a cornerback who could interfere with QB results tonight if we let him live. The fact that inHim was the one to bring up no lynch in the first place does nothing to make me feel better about this possibility. So I would prefer to just lynch inHim today.

If we lynch inHim and he is scum, I think there is some merit to not lynching tomorrow to get the town off evens, but I'd have to think about it.

However, I'll UNVOTE: so we can talk about it some more.

Mari, it seems like you really don't want to suspect inHim in this game. Why me+jim all of a sudden?
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:44 am

Post by Mariyta »

It's not that I don't
want
to suspect him. It's that I just
don't
suspect him. He seems town to me. And it's not all of a sudden. I've suspected both of you all game (you can read my cases throughout), and I have a sneaking suspicion that the scum are already on the inHim wagon. It's clearly not LL, or he would've hammered already. That narrows the scum down to you, jim, raj, and inHim. You know my opinion on inHim, and raj's vote seems legit. jim jumped on the person that Antihero suspected the most, w/o giving anything more than "Sounds good to me. Let's run w/ it." And you hopped on after it looked like the wagon had solid momentum, while avoiding the crucial hammer.
-Susan Ertz

jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by jimfinn »

You missed one possibility: LL/inHim, where LL would not hammer.
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by Mariyta »

That is a possibility, but one I find to be less likely.
-Susan Ertz

rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

Kdub wrote:I think between #2 (lynch) and #3 (no lynch), the outcomes look fairly equal. I would like to point out though, that if inHim is scum (and I think he is), he is potentially a cornerback who could interfere with QB results tonight if we let him live. The fact that inHim was the one to bring up no lynch in the first place does nothing to make me feel better about this possibility. So I would prefer to just lynch inHim today.
i think your right in that thinking. the only reason i would no lynch is if i didnt know who i wanted to lynch. so if inhim has to convince me that he is innocent and refusing to claim doesnt help along with the no lynch gambit.
the problem of inhim being innocent, for me, means jimfinn and Kdub has to be scum.

jimfin: you have to remember that mari is convinced that inhim is town.

kdub: she thinks its you two because she thinks inhim is innocent. that means with two scum the three people on inhim's lynch 2 of them are guilty. and of course im innocent ;)
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:18 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

If we no-lynch and scum were to miss the QB with their kill, they could end up almost certainly screwed. PoE from the confirmed QB and today's lynch situation might leave them without any way out. If scum were to hit the QB, then we're probably back here, depending on who the QB is. At the moment I'm inclined to say that it would be better to let them have the shot and give them the chance to miss. They might have an idea of who the QB is, but there's no way for them to know for certain. If we did lose the QB after no-lynch, then surely we'd just have to work it out without them in a 3-2 situation, which is what would happen if the QB claimed today. Unless the QB can give us a second innocent, in which case surely scum would have to counter-claim or they'd instantly lose?
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:43 am

Post by Mariyta »

LL- What is your opinion on inHim's refusal to claim?

Raj- is the flipflop on horror the only reason you think inHim is scum?

I'd also like the other two on the inHim wagon to tell me exactly why they're voting him, when we're clearly at a stage where a mislynch means the end for town. Basically, convince me you're right. (At the same time, inHim should be trying to convince them they're wrong, rather than just "I'm not claiming, so ha!")
-Susan Ertz

Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:46 am

Post by Kdub »

The main reason I've suspected inHim is his lack of contributions the first couple days (just check his iso), plus the fact that he pushed the mongoose and horror lynches fairly strongly and is now pushing for my lynch. His shotty vote looks like a late bus because he had been focused on mongoose the whole time, but suddenly switched when shotty had gotten to L-2 even though he hadn't said anything about him previously.

Wagon analysis is somewhat unhelpful at the moment, but we should revisit it tomorrow when we have more flips.

jim, what is your opinion on no lynch today? It sounds like raj and I are against it, while inHim, Mari, and Locke are for it. jim is the swing vote here.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:16 am

Post by Mariyta »

Kdub wrote:The main reason I've suspected inHim is his lack of contributions the first couple days (just check his iso), plus the fact that he pushed the mongoose and horror lynches fairly strongly and is now pushing for my lynch. His shotty vote looks like a late bus because he had been focused on mongoose the whole time, but suddenly switched when shotty had gotten to L-2 even though he hadn't said anything about him previously.
What is your opinion of jim? If lack of contribution is a criteria for scum, he should be pretty high on your list. All his posts fit on one page. Not to mention he has been on every major wagon w/o really putting himself out there.

However, I've been thinking about the interception. I'm going to do a re-read (may not be til tomorrow) and I'll let you know if I find something I think is worthy of mention.
-Susan Ertz

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:39 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Mari: I can see it coming from town. It's possible that his claiming will hurt rather than help our chances, so I don't think it's flat-out scummy like others. I need to look back over him again and see how his whole game play matches up with the scum inHim I know.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:05 am

Post by jimfinn »

Rules clarification on which a lot depends: Is the person thrown to when the ball is intercepted guaranteed clear?
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:27 am

Post by charter »

jimfinn wrote:Rules clarification on which a lot depends: Is the person thrown to when the ball is intercepted guaranteed clear?
From the role PMs - Quarterback wrote:
  • Throw a pass to a player:
    Target a player and throw the ball to them. If they are offense and can catch, the offense will gain yards. If they are defense and can catch, the pass will be intercepted. You can't throw to the same person two nights in a row.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:36 am

Post by Mariyta »

Meaning one of two things happened last night. The QB threw to scum, or the QB threw to offense (Antihero) and the offense was targeted by the cornerback. If the QB threw to scum, I'd expect them to be on the target like white on rice, or at least drop heavy hints. Which means there's a good chance inHim is indeed scum. This sucks. If we mislynch, it's essentially game over. A no lynch will give us one more day, but likely put us in the same position tomorrow. I suggest if the QB cleared inHim, then the QB should come forward. Otherwise... I guess we lynch inHim.
-Susan Ertz

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:59 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Saving Middle Earth, brb.
Show

:

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Mariyta »

inHimshallibe wrote:Saving Middle Earth, brb.
He's lying.
I'm
saving Middle Earth.
-Susan Ertz

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”