chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I like winning.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by Me=Weird »

@chesskid: Defending someone else because of a bad case is
not
scummy.
If we lynch town, then if the vig misvigs, we're probably going to lose.
We haven't just been "sheeping", we've given reasoning for our votes on Oso. I don't believe there were any complaints about his playstyle.
It's not that the hammer was stupid, it was scummy.
And no, the problem wasn't that he wasn't providing content.
No-one said anything about claiming PR means your deadproof. Just that without evidence that points to the claim being false, there's no reason to kill a claimed PR.
Well, see, if someone's at L-1, and there's someone who's probably willing to hammer, then general procedure is to ask for a claim.
P-edit: I endorse the plead for a hammer. And if it really is a mis-lynch, then the vig would probably be pretty stupid to shoot. AtE doesn't help your case.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

if you lynch town, modkill, it's 3 v 4, and you're relying on the vig the rest of the way.

Well, see, if someone's at L-1, and there's someone who's probably willing to hammer, then general procedure is to ask for a claim.
P-edit: I endorse the plead for a hammer. And if it really is a mis-lynch, then the vig would probably be pretty stupid to shoot. AtE doesn't help your case.

SOMEONE
IN
THIS
GAME
IS
GOING
TO
DIE
TO
MODKILL

YOUR HEAD
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

"And no, the problem wasn't that he wasn't providing content."
Nobody has actually said what the problem was, because my guess is it's all a bullshit case anyway, with a few stupid townies sheeping.
Prove me wrong.
Post a case.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by Antihero »

chesskid3 wrote:if you lynch town, modkill, it's 3 v 4, and you're relying on the vig the rest of the way.
So, you know Perardua is town?

I already posted my thought process.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Flaking is a towntell.
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by Me=Weird »

Okay, if you're town, then maybe the vig should shoot. Because a possible LyLo is better than autolose. But if you're scum, then the vig shouldn't shoot.
As for a case, viewtopic.php?p=2606949#p2606949
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

so, my slot hammered someone near deadline and forgot where his vote was?
That's it?
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by Me=Weird »

Oh, and as for flaking being town tell, Encore mafia. CDB flaked. He was scum. Flaking is a nulltell.
And no that's not it. Read the damn case.
Show

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

So i should be ok with getting misslynched, because this guy who is going to get modkilled MIGHT be scum?
really?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

yeah, I read it.
He avoided a question, hammered some guy after saying he didn't want to (who the hell doesn't eventually hammer near deadline?), and forgot who he was voting.

Yup, bullshit case.
FoS: M=W
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by Antihero »

^No, that's not it.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

k, what is it then? Because that what it reads like to me.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by Equinox »

Welcome, chesskid3!
chesskid3 wrote:Ok first of all, when I saw the flips, I figured Shattered was the scum kill, and the JK was the vig shot.
:lol:
chesskid3 wrote:And now he's telling the vig not to shoot.
Beautiful demonstration of a "misrepresentation," sir. A+

The rest of the exchange is :popcorn: and a very enjoyable read to top off a wonderful day on mafiascum.net.

chesskid3 has already claimed. This thread needs a hammer.

Though I won't complain if you guys would rather watch chesskid3 flail some more. His posts are most amusing.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by Equinox »

Oh, wait. I misread the second quote as "And now he's telling the vig to shoot." Equinox is fail.

BUT HE'S STILL SCUM. :mrgreen:
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

cool story, bro
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by Antihero »

Equinox wrote:Though I won't complain if you guys would rather watch chesskid3 flail some more. His posts are most amusing.
NO! PLEASE! MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOP!
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by ICEninja »

chess wrote: Because you knew it wasn't. Thank you for playing into my hand.
Since when did "thought" become "knew"?
Llama wrote: I have a town read on Ice, though I don't like the "I can't be scum because if I were I wouldn't be able to pull this off" thing.
I really wouldn't want to lose to a scum who said something like that.
I didn't say that suggesting i can't be scum, I said that in response to Oso saying that I'm pulling all the strings.

I was actually thinking that Xine is a likely scum buddy to scum Oso/chess.

Shit, I did forget about the modkill. We're in mylo right now. If we successfully lynch scum, which I think we will, PerArdua will die, probably flip town, and scum will night kill a townie. If there is an SK, we've already lost I think. If we're wrong about chess, then we might have lost anyway.

If PerArdua dies at the same time as the lynch, we should be OK. If both PerArdua and chess are town, then our only hope is vig shooting scum. If one of them is scum, then we will be in mylo tomorrow. Chess knew we would be in mylo tomorrow after lynching him, so I'm fairly certain that PerArdua will flip town and chess will flip scum. If that is the case, then fire away and try to hit scum.

If both PerArdua and chess flip scum, then hold your fire because we'll be in a 4 town to 1 scum situation giving us an extra lynch if no more bodies appear.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:47 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

" Chess knew we would be in mylo tomorrow after lynching him"

nope.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by ICEninja »

For the love of god, scum, just bus your buddy and get on with it.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:13 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Hrm, I thought if he were scum he'd likely claim vig to try and out the real one.
Hopefully he's scum and just didn't think about it much.
And his flailing doesn't feel like a townie flailing.

I don't think there will be a better candidate.
Here goes nothing...
Vote: Chesskid3
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:55 pm

Post by Equinox »

Guys, I'm actually SHAKING with excitement. We can crack this game open!

If chesskid3 is not screwing with us, he's accidentally let slip that there's 3 scum and that PerArdua is town. This is either a 3:9 or 3:1:8; right now, I don't want to miss threadlock by crunching balance numbers.

Vig should shoot, IMO. If the vig shoots incorrectly, we'll be in LyLo tomorrow. If the vig does not shoot at all, we'll be in MyLo, and scum will have the advantage in that situation. If the vig shoots, the game will be on our terms, not theirs.

If I'm doing this right, I've gotten this narrowed down to Me=Weird and Xine. Day 1 + PoE is a go. I'll write up reasoning as soon as I've gotten this posted. I personally request a shot on either one.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:24 pm

Post by Equinox »

Actually, screw the number crunching. I'm pretty sure this is 3:9.

As I pointed out previously, Xine basically went from "FeRnAnDo, this is suspicious" to "FeRnAnDo is scum" without really explaining why, yet when I asked her, she said she wasn't. Xine's isolated thingamabob reveals she had Llamarble as her top suspect, even after his rebuttals, until the FeRnAnDo wagon built steam. On Day 2, she jumps right past Oso to Antihero, and she ignored Antihero's response. This one is scum. Please shoot. If you don't shoot, please lynch.

Okay, I had Me=Weird down as scummy after looking at the FeRnAnDo stuff, and then I looked at his isolated posts and realized the thing I thought was a scum tell actually isn't. Which means I have too many town reads. >_________< ARGH.

I need to parse this stuff again. I don't know how much gas I've got left, seeing as it's 2 AM. Going to give this a shot anyway.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:35 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Hopefully you're not shaking with excitement over being almost sure of winning as scum.
I'm with you on Xine.
Everybody else seems pretty reasonable to me.
Maybe Perardua actually is scum; that would be pretty nice.

I guess Antihero would be my next option, with a plan possibly formed overnight to go bustastic.
He never really gave a reason for being on the Fernando wagon, and Zinive's point that he was diverting attention after Cruelty's scumminess may have been right. Xine went after him with dubious reasoning at the beginning of today, so this possibility seems to involve a lot of bussing by the scumteam.

Tomorrow will be interesting (hopefully there will be one).
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:58 am

Post by AGar »

The town once again came to a consensus of who should have to die. He was a smallish man, but he was intelligent. You all knew he spent much of his days playing chess, but you knew nothing of his nightlife. Five of you decided that it was time to find out. In a much more civilized fashion than the first day, someone began to fashion a noose by which to hang him, and after a brief scuffle, brought him over to the old oak tree in the park. After waiting for him to come to, everyone gathered round.

One voice asked, "Any last words, scumbag?"

He began to shout expletives until the support beneath him was knocked away and his body fell, the rope snapping taut mere inches before his feet fully touched the ground. It was just long enough that he could graze the grass as he struggled against the asphyxiation. After it was sure he was dead, one brave citizen boldly stepped forward and reached into the man's pockets, only to reveal what everyone had hoped for - a small semi-automatic handgun, complete with no serial number and a silencer. This was one of the problematic mafiosos that the town had set to flush out.

Just as people began to celebrate, a massive rainstorm rolled into town, and thunderclouds turned the skies dark and gray. A quick flash of lightning set one of the homes ablaze, causing a mass panic. By the time everyone gathered themselves and rushed over, it was too late. The man inside had been sleeping and stood no chance, he was fried almost instantaneously.

Everyone went to bed that night with an awkward sense of joy - one mobster had been killed, but how many more remained? And how many more of you would disappear into the night?

Chesskid3, Mafia Goon, Lynched Day 2

PerArdua,
Vanilla Townie
Neutral Survivor, Modkilled Day 2 for Violating Rule 12

Final Day 2 Votecount
Antihero (1)
- Xine
ICEninja (1)
- Chesskid3
Llamarble (1)
- Netopalis
Me=Weird (0)
-
Netopalis (0)
-
Chesskid3 (5)
- Antihero, ICEninja, Equinox, Me=Weird, Llamarble

PerArdua (0)
-
Equinox (0)
-
Xine (0)
-

Not Voting (1)
- PerArdua
All night actions are due by
8 AM EDT on Saturday, November 6th, 2010
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”