I think Consig is town as well.

Vote Count

Consigliere (3) - implosion, saporovirus, Zhero
mallowgeno (2) - lewarcher82, smashbro_of_the_SSS
lewarcher82 (1) - don_johnson
implosion (1) - werewolf555
Zhero (1) - Gonzoooo

Not Voting (4) - Consigliere, Xenophon, Powerrox93, mallowgeno

With 12 alive it is 7 to lynch. The deadline is set for the end of November 21st, PST.
Last edited by Alduskkel on Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Not sure on mafia yet. Will look into this tomorrow.
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by saporovirus »

@ Gonzooo: why's Don scummy?
but I love you still

unsanitary999: african earl grey more like a freakin' pearl gay
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:13 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

mallowgeno wrote:
lewarcher82 wrote: @mallowgeno: I did not see that coming, because, even though I am aware that there was no real big case built on the smilies-stuff, I did not read any evidence of humor in your vote. Nor did the others, as far as I see. I would have preferred a post with you insisting on my alleged attempt at overstressing randomness. The fact that you retract this way definitely bothers me.
so my vote stays where it is, for now.
Whoops on last post.

OMG!!! DID YOU KNOW THAT THERE ARE AT LEAST TWO MEANINGS OF THE WORD HUMOR?!? WHOAH! ENGLISH LESSON TIME!

Humor can be used as a noun:
-lewarcher has no sense of humor

BUT WAIT!!! HUMOR CAN ALSO BE USED AS A VERB :O
-I voted lewarcher to humor DJ

Wow! Did you notice that that version of the word humor has nothing to do with being funny!?! In this sentence it means to indulge in someone else. Do you need a definition on the word indulge? If you do, let me know.
First of all sorry, I actually did not know that.

Second: English is not my first language (and do not tell me that it was not evident!!!), actually it is one of the six I speak. Thank you for mocking me, anyway. I learned something today. I hope you did as well. Some manners, for instance.
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:19 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Wow I feel like a total jerk right now...I'm sorry I didn't see you were from Germany. I apologize for my rudeness towards you :(
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:42 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

smash wrote:
lewarcher82 wrote:naaaa, don't care much about the pressure,
the smilies stuff is just a tipical move to end the rvs, which is very much pro-town
. I have seen worse than this, in some other games. At a given point you just need to start provoking one player using a "non-random" argument, no matter how silly. Smilies are just this LoL...
but mallowgeno jumped on it, so from my pov it is totally right to keep voting him.
I haven't seen smilies being used to end rvs, but I don't like how you're saying that since you used smilies, you're pro-town. This doesn't make you scum, but I don't like the way you phrased it.
omg, my English must be definitely worse than I thought (and than I still think, cuz this post seems pretty clear to me). I meant that
using the argument of the smilies to vote me
is a pro-town attempt of ending rvs, not that smilies are an attempt at ending rvs. I am glad that at least saporo got what I meant... do you understand now?

@mallow: no prob, let us proceed. You say you think consigliere is town. May I ask more details about this statement?
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:43 am

Post by Gonzoooo »

saporovirus wrote:@ Gonzooo: why's Don scummy?
Cause he needs to prove his innocence to me by hunting scum. (Hint: I wasn't being serious when I said I had a "dead serious" scum read on him after one page. You guys need to lighten up.)

Why didn't you talk about Consig? What do you think of me declaring him town and admonishing your terribad vote on him?

More Zhero votes.
Consigliere
Consigliere
Goon
Consigliere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:21 am

Post by Consigliere »

Great...I'm an idiot.

andrew's not in the game...Guess my opening vote is worthless...but I told the truth and yes I had reasoning for the (now inconsequential) vote...

I just checked back to see if I'm f'ing nuts on the open game list...I'm not...I saw him opt into this one...He was just too late, apparently....Guess I'm the one I should be saying "Shows how much you pay attention" to...

His opt-in, post #826, to prove I'm not a total loon:

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... &start=825

I did google Hunter S. Thompson. So take the truth for what it is...or don't...

I feel pressure as both town and mafia in this game if votes are in my direction.

I've got nothing as far as a read yet.
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:38 am

Post by saporovirus »

Gonzoooo wrote: Why didn't you talk about Consig? What do you think of me declaring him town and admonishing your terribad vote on him?
You're saying HE'S JUST A KID!!! LET HIM GO!!! I'm saying I'll unvote him when I see some scumhunting from him, kinda like your vote on don :P . If he's town, he'll calm down and start contributing. I haven't seen signs of that yet.

So yah, you didn't shame me into getting off his wagon, if that was your intent.
but I love you still

unsanitary999: african earl grey more like a freakin' pearl gay
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:39 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Consigliere wrote:Great...I'm an idiot.

andrew's not in the game...Guess my opening vote is worthless...but I told the truth and yes I had reasoning for the (now inconsequential) vote...

I just checked back to see if I'm f'ing nuts on the open game list...I'm not...I saw him opt into this one...He was just too late, apparently....Guess I'm the one I should be saying "Shows how much you pay attention" to...

I feel pressure as both town and mafia in this game if votes are in my direction.

I feel this was legitimate. Everyone makes errors once in a while. I think this show's Consig's townieness.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:24 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

mallowgeno wrote:
Consigliere wrote:Great...I'm an idiot.

I feel this was legitimate. Everyone makes errors once in a while. I think this show's Consig's townieness.
I completely disagree. In fact, Consigliere only posted noise and did little more than apologise in all his posts. He states he is new, he states he does not know how to handle nvs, and so on... the mistake discussed here is just a little mistake, not at all scummy, but it does not show he is town, and the rest of his activity is disturbing me.

In fact, I will put him at L-3 by
unvoting; vote: Consigliere
werewolf555
werewolf555
Goon
werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:32 am

Post by werewolf555 »

[quote="Gonzoooo"]Consig is town...he just apparently ate a trunk full of psilocybin before this game began. For realz, if you're voting him over voting someone not in this game, then you're ridiculous. Particularly disappointed in you saporovirus./quote]
???
This is quite a strange defense. He ate a trunk full of psilocybin???????
This is the dumbest thing that I have ever heard, seems like a scum buddy is trying to stick up for another.
Vote: Gonzoooo
I'm not dead yet
"Sens: Please rearrange Werewolf and Mist into a scumteam so we can policy lynch." -GreyICE
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:52 am

Post by implosion »

Gonzoooo wrote:Consig is town...he just apparently ate a trunk full of psilocybin before this game began. For realz, if you're voting him over voting someone not in this game, then you're ridiculous. Particularly disappointed in you saporovirus.
That isn't a reason for me voting him, in fact that mistake means nothing in terms of whether he is town or scum. I stated my reasons before. If you think he's town, why? How are you so sure of yourself ("Consig is town" instead of "I think Consig is town")? I still think he's scum for what I've stated. His latest post just continues the pattern of... vapidness. His posts all utterly lack anything resembling scumhunting or anything really contributive.
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by Gonzoooo »

saporovirus wrote:
Gonzoooo wrote: Why didn't you talk about Consig? What do you think of me declaring him town and admonishing your terribad vote on him?
You're saying HE'S JUST A KID!!! LET HIM GO!!! I'm saying I'll unvote him when I see some scumhunting from him, kinda like your vote on don :P . If he's town, he'll calm down and start contributing. I haven't seen signs of that yet.

So yah, you didn't shame me into getting off his wagon, if that was your intent.
No, I'm saying he's the homeless guy with no shoes on outside the local Wendy's who talks only to himself. Simply put I'm not sure you could pick an easier, lamer target to admonish and then vote and frankly a sucker like that is a magnet for scum votes. Really, I had such high hopes for you and you're just disappointing me.
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

This game is..strange to read. There is no person I wanna vote. I only have minimal reads on everyone
Hoping to make a comeback to mafia soon...

lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:30 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

Gonzoooo wrote:
saporovirus wrote:

No, I'm saying he's the homeless guy with no shoes on outside the local Wendy's who talks only to himself. Simply put I'm not sure you could pick an easier, lamer target to admonish and then vote and frankly a sucker like that is a magnet for scum votes. Really, I had such high hopes for you and you're just disappointing me.
is this really your first game? I was looking for some meta of yours and only found the 11 posts you posted here... you speak like someone with a larger experience tho...
as I already said, there are some things consig wrote that are scummy to me, and his lack of content is irritating.
Btw: there are no masons and there is no neighbourhood according to the list of roles of this open game, so I am more than a little surprised that in the absolute lack of any pro-town activity by consig, you feel so much committed to the cause of his innocence.
I hope you two are not scumbuddies, cause if you are and you are so obvious at page 5, this game would be kinda spoiled.

more votes on Consig, please.
werewolf555
werewolf555
Goon
werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:53 pm

Post by werewolf555 »

lewarcher82 wrote: is this really your first game? I was looking for some meta of yours and only found the 11 posts you posted here... you speak like someone with a larger experience tho...
as I already said, there are some things consig wrote that are scummy to me, and his lack of content is irritating.
Btw: there are no masons and there is no neighbourhood according to the list of roles of this open game, so I am more than a little surprised that in the absolute lack of any pro-town activity by consig, you feel so much committed to the cause of his innocence.
I hope you two are not scumbuddies, cause if you are and you are so obvious at page 5, this game would be kinda spoiled.

more votes on Consig, please.
Perhaps we should lynch Consig, and move from there on to (if he is scum) his most obvious scumbuddies should be lynched the following day.
Vote: Consigilare
I'm not dead yet
"Sens: Please rearrange Werewolf and Mist into a scumteam so we can policy lynch." -GreyICE
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:01 am

Post by Gonzoooo »

Werewolf wrote:???
This is quite a strange defense. He ate a trunk full of psilocybin???????
This is the dumbest thing that I have ever heard, seems like a scum buddy is trying to stick up for another.
If it seems that way, then wouldn't it make sense for you to be trying to lynch the scum buddy first instead of looking for links between players? Do you find me more scummy than consig? What's your opinion of Zhero btw?
implosion wrote:If you think he's town, why? How are you so sure of yourself ("Consig is town" instead of "I think Consig is town")? I still think he's scum for what I've stated.
I'm fairly certain he's town by the way the scum are trying to make him into a punching bag. I agree that consig needs to post some content, but what separates him from several other players in this game that have done very little other than sheep popular votes? Nothing as far as I can see except he looks like a possible mislynch. That's how I'm certain he's town. Possible VI, but still town.
lewarcher wrote:is this really your first game?
Is this relevant? No, it's not my first game.
lewarcher wrote:more votes on Consig, please
See, it's this kind of poor play that loses games for town all the time. I ask you the same question as I asked implosion, what separates Consig from several other players that are not actively scumhunting in this game? What about Powerrox? He just posted essentially saying 'eh, I'm not even really trying to do anything'. How is Consig scummier than him? Because he was confused about someone not in the game? He gave a very plausible reply as to why he did it. No harm, no foul.

What about Zhero? Notice how he stopped posting once I called him out. What about smashbro and xenophon? Where's don johnson at? You guys really need to learn to actually look for scum behavior instead of stupid behavior.

--preview edit--

Unvote, Vote:werewolf555

Jesus, this is the most obvious scum that ever scummed. He follows lewarcher's terrible reasoning for voting Consig after he made a terrible jab at me for being his buddy. I'll give you guys a pro-tip: a wagon on scum this early in the game will never see this much agreement for it. CONSIG IS NOT SCUM. Votes like werewolf's are blood in the water type votes and show scum desperation to end the day as quickly as possible. Town people need to be moving their votes to him immediately.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:55 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

Ok, Gonzooo: this is getting really irritating.

1)
A BW to L-2 on Day 1 is not poor play.
In fact it is a standard procedure to investigate the reactions of the players (not just the voted one).
2)
chill the f**k out.
I am sick of players who react as if we were about to lynch someone on lylo, which we aren't.
3)
That a BW on scum this early would not see this much agreement is false.
In fact, it is extremely rare that the first BW of day one ends with an actual lynch.
4) I
never used the argument of Consigliere voting a non-existing player to support my vote. If you want to criticise, please read the posts.

5) That this is not your first game is not "relevant", but it does not help because concealing previous games prevents us to know your meta. And since everybody reacts as if we just washed our faces with hot chili pepper sauce, I will already excplicitely state that this is not at all scummy, it just limits my skills at reading you.

That said, the way werewolf555 joined the bw is actually disturbing, and his statement makes no sense at all.
And you make a good point on powerrox.
But the BW won't have completed its task before consigliere reacts.
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:07 am

Post by Zhero »

Unvote

Yeah, Consig's probably just confused.
Gonzoooo wrote:More Zhero votes.
Gonzoooo wrote:
lewarcher wrote:more votes on Consig, please
See, it's this kind of poor play that loses games for town all the time.
What's the difference?
Gonzoooo wrote:What about Zhero? Notice how he stopped posting once I called him out.
It was only a day there, real life prioritized more than I expected.

Hey, don_johnson, xenophon, come back!

implosion and saporovirus looking town, werewolf555 and mallowgeno looking iffy, but Powerrox is the most interesting right now. 5 posts, 0 content. Powerrox, who's scum?

Vote: Powerrox93
-Zhero
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:29 am

Post by Powerrox93 »

I would say DJ, because his vote on lew "for excessive use of smilies" REEEAAALY confuses me. Why would that, in the RVS, be considered scummy?

As for Consig, I would say that he's a confused town.

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:22 am

Post by don_johnson »

quick response there, powerox. vote about "smilies" really shouldn't be confusing. especially since i explained it thoroughly. what about it "confuses" you?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:36 am

Post by Zhero »

Yeah, for reference, check out post 40.
-Zhero
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:04 am

Post by Powerrox93 »

don_johnson wrote:quick response there, powerox. vote about "smilies" really shouldn't be confusing. especially since i explained it thoroughly. what about it "confuses" you?
What confuses me is that I interpret post 40 as usage of smiles in the RVS = scummy. I don't get that.
As for "overcompensate for randomness", well, doesn't everyone makes random votes for REALLY strange reasons from time to time, regardless of alignment?

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:58 am

Post by implosion »

Gonzoooo wrote: I'm fairly certain he's town by the way the scum are trying to make him into a punching bag. I agree that consig needs to post some content, but what separates him from several other players in this game that have done very little other than sheep popular votes? Nothing as far as I can see except he looks like a possible mislynch. That's how I'm certain he's town. Possible VI, but still town.

See, it's this kind of poor play that loses games for town all the time. I ask you the same question as I asked implosion, what separates Consig from several other players that are not actively scumhunting in this game? What about Powerrox? He just posted essentially saying 'eh, I'm not even really trying to do anything'. How is Consig scummier than him? Because he was confused about someone not in the game? He gave a very plausible reply as to why he did it. No harm, no foul.

What about Zhero? Notice how he stopped posting once I called him out. What about smashbro and xenophon? Where's don johnson at? You guys really need to learn to actually look for scum behavior instead of stupid behavior.
The thing that separates Consigliere from other lurkers to me is that he has said a lot - but none of it has actually contained scumhunting or even opinions. He's also made lengthly comments that are overtly irrelevant - his "sugar hangover" comment, the Hunter S. Thompson comment. He's
actively
lurking, not just lurking. And as for the andrew vote, me (and Lewarcher) have both said that this was not a reason for our votes. I also agree with most of what Lewarcher said in post 93, particularly his first point. It's nearly a week into the game, and bandwagons have to appear sooner or later. And just because there's a bandwagon on day one, it doesn't mean it isn't on scum, which I think it is. Also, I still don't understand your position on him - you say you're "fairly certain" then go on to say you are certain. Are you saying that you are 100% sure that Consig is town? If so, how? You say it's because nothing separates him from others... well first of all, there are things. And second of all, even if so, so what? How would that make him definite town?

As for the other people you mention:

Powerrox: his "minimal reads on everyone" post does disconcert me for similar reasons to Consig, as does his apparent confusion even though Don explained himself thoroughly. Of your examples, he is probably the scummiest.

Zhero: he was a bit slow to start, but he's giving opinions. He's contributing. Certainly better than Consig.

Smashbro: has posted content. He's lurking, but not actively lurking; his third post contains a lot of content.

xenophon: who the hell knows. He hasn't posted since his confirmation. There is no way as of now to read him, unfortunately.

don: again, a normal lurker. He's made one vote, explained it when asked, then kind of... disappeared until a few hours ago.

Powerrox and Zhero appear to be getting more active, which is good. If Smashbro, xeno and don could post more (or for xeno, at all) that would be helpful.

As for your (Gonzoooo's) vote on werewolf, I'm completely in agreement with your reasoning, but again I don't see how you seem to be 100% sure about everything, unless you yourself are scum. Come to think of it, I also don't like werewolf's vote on Gonzoooo very much. It seems like he was just taking something strange and voting Gonzoooo for it, rather than voting him for something scummy.

May as well post reads on everyone else too while I'm at it.

mallow: I'm surprised he isn't in Gonzoooo's list of people that are comparable to Consig. He's been lurking. I don't have a strong read on him right now, just as I don't have a strong read on the other generic lurkers. I would lean town simply because he hasn't done anything scummy, and because of his contributing to game-relevant matters. I'd also lean town on Smashbro and don, Smashbro because his most recent post is good (opinions, questions) and don because of his explanation of his vote on Lewarcher (even if I don't really agree with it) and his vote did help us transition into the non-RVS scumhunting phase. And as I said, xeno is completely null. No posts = nothing to look at.

Lewarcher: his play so far is good. He's active, and hasn't done anything that seems scummy, particularly in his reaction to the first "real" vote. Probtown.

saporo: has also been active in the discussion. Has also done nothing scummy that I see. Also probtown.

Return to “Completed Open Games”