Newbie 1027: Trick or Treat! [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Newbie 1027: Trick or Treat! [Game Over]

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:55 am

Post by KittyMo »

Chasing after Ghosts (and Candy!) [1]

andrew94
SomeRandomGuy
, Mafia Goon, Survived and Won

Resting In Peace [8]

Guderian, Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 1
Charlie
mothrax
(SE), Vanilla Townie, Killed Night 1
parknourie (SE), Mafia Goon, Lynched Day 2 (and won!)
Thor665 (IC), Vanilla Townie, Killed Night 2
ooBAZZoo, Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 3
Packbat
Maniamax
, Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 4
Neruz
Huntman800
, Vanilla Townie, Endgamed Day 4
chkflip
IO_SAMBO_OI
, Doctor, Endgamed Day 4

Game Links:

Rules | Setup Info | Confirmation Stage | Day 1 Begins | Day 1 Lynch | Day 2 Lynch | Day 3 Lynch | Day 4 Lynch
Last edited by KittyMo on Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:31 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:56 am

Post by KittyMo »

--THE RULES--

Credit: CSL, Muffin, Nikanor, Vel-Rahn Koon, Vi, yabbaguy, Zoraster, & Zorblag

Welcome to Newbie 1027! I am your Backup Moderator, KittyMo. My job is to
make sure the game is run smoothly and as neutrally and fairly as possible.
I am committed to keeping the thread's information updated, along with providing frequent vote counts. (I'll try for once per page or once per day.) In order for the game to run smoothly,
all players in this game are expected to be familiar with and follow the rules
I have outlined below. If you have any questions about rules, please feel free to ask!
Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.

I. What is my job as a player?

A.
All in all, it is simply to
play the game.
You are required to
play to your win condition.
Remember to be considerate of other players and to have fun playing -- it's a game.

II. How does voting work?

A.
Votes to lynch are submitted during the day phase. They are to be formatted as:
@@vote: Playername
or @@VOTE: Playername.
B.
Votes will not be counted if they are not in this format.
Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
C.
Please submit vote revocations as
@@Unvote
@@Unvote: Playername
, @@UNVOTE: Playername, or @@UNVOTE: .
D.
Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.

III. How long do Days last?

A.
Newbie games have
fixed, strict 3-week deadlines
per game day that are only movable in special circumstances. This means that days will automatically end after 3 weeks of real time have occurred, and they will only end early if a lynch has occurred.

IV. How does a lynch occur?

A.
A simple majority of all living players
must agree upon one person for a lynch (or a no lynch) to occur. Once a simple majority is reached, no further unvoting will change someone's fate.
B.
At deadline,
if a simple majority has not been reached, the game will proceed in a no lynch.

C.
After deadline has been reached or a lynch majority has been reached, the game enters the Twilight phase (the phase of the game after Day, and before a night scene has been posted by me: )
all players including a player who is about to be lynched may continue to post in Twilight.
There is nothing else special about Twilight.

V. How do Nights work?

A.
If you have a role with a Night action, your choices are due to me by the posted deadline.
If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.

B.
Any player with a Night action
may instead submit a "No Action" PM
to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
C.
If you expect to be V/LA during Night, you may send in night actions early.
D.
Nights will last a maximum of 72 hours. If all players (with or without night actions) have indicated via PM to the Moderator that they are ready for night to be completed, Night will end early.
In the instance that the mafia's kill does not kill someone, for whatever reason, night will last the full 72 hour period.

VI. How often am I supposed to post?

A.
As a general rule you should [/color]
aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum
, to keep the game moving.
B.
Prods
of missing players will be issued automatically after
72 hours of no activity or upon request after 48 hours
of no activity.
C.
A
prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement.
A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
D.
If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.
Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging. This is often referred to as a V/LA period. If a player announces a particularly long V/LA, I may replace that player.
E.
If you don't feel that you can meet reasonable activity requirements, or for whatever reason, don't want to play the game anymore,
you can let me know that you want to replace out
without repercussions. I can sometimes work out temporary replace-outs depending on your situation (an extended V/LA, for instance.)

VII. What do I do if I notice the Moderator made a mistake?

A.
If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately.
Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
If is a very simple error
, like an incorrect vote count, it should be
brought to the attention of the mod in the following format to make sure it is noticed:
@@Mod: blah blah blah.

B.
The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.
Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.
These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.

VIII. What are other things I may not do?

A.
You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.

B.
Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post.
The dead in this game are silent.

C.
Orange and dark blue text are reserved
for the Mod. No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
D.
There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.
Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage.
E.
I reserve the right as the Mod to make reasonable decisions based upon situations not covered by this ruleset. I also reserve the right to make rule changes. You will be notified in-thread if this occurs.
F.
If you have any
situation-specific questions
about what is okay to do,
please ask
first if you're in doubt! This will help maintain the game's integrity.

Last edited by KittyMo on Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:57 am

Post by KittyMo »

The F11 setup is the current game format used in Newbie games. To prevent the development of game-breaking strategies, these Newbie Games are Semi-Open, wherein the actual game setup is randomly chosen from one of four possible setups as detailed below:
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies
If either of the first two setups are in play, and the situation occurs where the Goon is lynched first, the Roleblocker will still be able to submit both night kills and roleblocks (roleblocking is a function of the Roleblocker; night kills are a function of the scum team as a whole).

These are the Role PMs that have potentially been sent to the players:
Mod wrote: You are a , trying to make a living and survive this insanity.

You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest. Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage! At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.

You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.

The thread is here. Confirm by PM with the word that appears to be out of place.
Mod wrote: You are the , and can tell the good guys from the bad.

Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate.

The Moderator will inform you as to that person’s guilt or innocence. If you are blocked by a Mafia Roleblocker, you will receive a PM stating “No Result”. At no time may you privately communicate with any other player. In a Newbie game, you will always get a correct result (no sanity issues).

You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.

The thread is here. Confirm by PM with the word that appears to be out of place.
Mod wrote: You are the and can protect people from harm.

Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to protect. If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared. You will not be informed as to whether your protection was successful or not. You may not protect yourself. At no time may you privately communicate with any other player. In a Newbie game, your protection target will always live through the night.

Mod wrote: You,
name
(a Mafia Goon) and
name
(who is also a Mafia Goon
or
is a Mafia Roleblocker) are part of the local Mafia crime family. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.

During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched. During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via this QuickTopic) and choose another player in the town to kill that night. One of you must
send me a PM
with your choice of who to kill. You may communicate privately via QuickTopic or PM with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened (this is called Night 0). Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.

You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.

Mod wrote: You,
name
(a Mafia Roleblocker) and
name
(who is a Mafia Goon) are part of the local Mafia crime family. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.

During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched. During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via this QuickTopic or PM) and choose another player in the town to kill that night. One of you must
send me a PM
with your choice of who to kill. You may communicate privately via QuickTopic or PM with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened (this is called Night 0). Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.

You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.

Last edited by KittyMo on Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:59 am

Post by KittyMo »

We are now in the Confirmation Stage! This means that I have to make sure everyone has read and understood their Role PM. Once you have done so, write me a PM and ask any questions you have about your role. Once you understand your role completely, send me a PM that says “/confirm” in it. I also want you to include the special word your Role PM contains. Each of you has a different one. It will be out of place, and if you want, you can share that word with other players – it is italicized and has nothing to do with mafia! Once enough people have confirmed, I’ll unlock the thread and then Day 1 can begin.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #6 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by KittyMo »

I accidentally left the thread unlocked because I have to unlock it every time I edit anything. Sorry for the confusion. I'll make it really obvious when Day 1 actually begins. >_>; My mistake.

Edit: I'll start when there's 2 (or less) left to confirm.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #7 (isolation #5) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:43 am

Post by KittyMo »

The below is a flavor box. Flavor boxes do not contain any information that will aid any faction in the game; they are purely fictional fun. You don’t even have to read them if you don’t want to, but I often have fun pictures and such in them.
FLAVORNight settles on the new settlement in the middle of nowhere (named Bee in recognition of the large population of bees, and due to it being the second trial settlement of 10-person communities.) It was October 30th, the night before Halloween. Coincidentally, the moon was almost full that night.

Eight slept peacefully, though it had taken some long to get to sleep, for they excitedly awaited the celebrations of the following day. However, two members of the community were awake that night, whispering to each other in the dark.

“If we take them all out in one night, it’ll cause too big of a stir.”
“We could still do it… we’d just have to fake our deaths…”
“Too difficult. We don’t have the necessary supplies here, and signing up for this gave the law too much information on us…”
“You’re right. So, we kill just one?”
“Works for me.”

Muffin awoke when he heard the front door creak. Yawning, he got up to look around. He had always been a paranoid man.

“Trick or treat?” A creepy voice whispered from behind him.

“Halloween’s tomorrow, isn’t it…?” Muffin mumbled, turning around. After seeing a figure in the dark, he blacked out.

The next morning, when everyone gathered together for communal breakfast, Muffin was nowhere to be found. His body was discovered, stab wounds and a head injury apparent.

Muffin, Vanilla Townie, Killed in the Pregame

In confusion and fear, everyone gathered together to discuss how to solve the murder.

Note: Muffin “died” in the Pregame because he was supposed to be your Moderator, but because he hasn’t been onsite lately, VRK decided that I should take over as main moderator.

Day 1 has now begun!

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #16 (isolation #6) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count I

[L-4] parknourie - (Thor665)

[8]
Not Voting
- (Guderian, Huntman800, IO_SAMBO_OI, Maniamax, mothrax, parknourie, ooBAZZoo, SomeRandomGuy)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

I'll put in a deadline counter in the next vote count. It's 3 weeks away from when Day 1 began.

Voting Rules Review
II. How does voting work?

A.
Votes to lynch are submitted during the day phase. They are to be formatted as:
@@vote: Playername
or @@VOTE: Playername.
B.
Votes will not be counted if they are not in this format.
Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
C.
Please submit vote revocations as
@@Unvote
@@Unvote: Playername
, @@UNVOTE: Playername, or @@UNVOTE: .
D.
Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.[/area]
Just figured I'd review them since they're a bit weird. The reason for the @@ and the bold is to make it easier for me not to miss them; it's a technique I'm trying out. Sorry if it's hard for you to remember.

I also might play around a bit with the Vote Count format, so don't be alarmed.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #37 (isolation #7) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count II

[L-3] andrew94 - (parknourie, Huntman800)

[L-4] Huntman800 - (mothrax)
[L-4] Thor665 - (Guderian)

[4]
Not Voting
- (andrew94, IO_SAMBO_OI, Maniamax, ooBAZZoo)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

andrew94 replaces SomeRandomGuy.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #54 (isolation #8) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:46 am

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count III

[L-3] andrew94 - (parknourie, Huntman800)

[L-4] Thor665 - (Guderian)
[L-4] Guderian - (Maniamax)
[L-4] Maniamax - (IO_SAMBO_OI)

[2]
Not Voting
- (andrew94, ooBAZZoo)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

VOTING CODE(Copy-paste me!)

Code: Select all

[b]@@vote: KittyMo[/b]

Shows up as:
@@vote: KittyMo

@@[vote]KittyMo[/vote]

Shows up as: @@VOTE: KittyMo

[b]@@unvote[/b]

Shows up as:
@@unvote

@@[unvote][/unvote]

Shows up as: @@UNVOTE:

You can use either of the above options for voting & unvoting; I have no preference.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #80 (isolation #9) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:10 am

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count IV

[L-2] parknourie - (Thor665, Guderian, Maniamax)

[L-4] andrew94 - (Huntman800)
[L-4] Guderian - (parknourie)

[2]
Not Voting
- (andrew94, ooBAZZoo)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

mothrax is proddable upon request.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #109 (isolation #10) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count V

[L-2] parknourie - (Thor665, Guderian, Maniamax)

[L-3] Maniamax - (IO_SAMBO_OI, andrew94)
[L-4] Guderian - (parknourie)

[1]
Not Voting
- (ooBAZZoo)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

P.S. nanowrimo is fun
Last edited by KittyMo on Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #146 (isolation #11) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count Vi

[L-1] parknourie - (Thor665, Guderian, Maniamax, mothrax)

[L-4] mothrax - (parknourie)

[1]
Not Voting
- (ooBAZZoo)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

FLAVORImage
(It's the sixth day of this game)

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #154 (isolation #12) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count VII

[L-1] parknourie - (Thor665, Guderian, Maniamax, mothrax)

[1]
Not Voting
- (ooBAZZoo)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #180 (isolation #13) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:31 am

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count VIII

[L-3] parknourie - (Maniamax, mothrax)

[L-4] Guderian - (andrew94)

[3]
Not Voting
- (Guderian, ooBAZZoo, Thor665)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prodding IO_SAMBO_OI per your requests.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #206 (isolation #14) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count IX

[L-3] Maniamax - (IO_SAMBO_OI, Guderian)

[3]
Not Voting
- (Hutman800, ooBAZZoo, Thor665)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Replacement search for IO_SAMBO_OI will commence tomorrow morning.
Last edited by KittyMo on Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #212 (isolation #15) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:05 am

Post by KittyMo »

Looking for IO_SAMBO_OI replacement.

Edit: chkflip replaces IO_SAMBO_OI.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #223 (isolation #16) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:03 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count X

[L-2] parknourie - (Maniamax, mothrax, chkflip)

[L-4] Maniamax - (Guderian)

[3]
Not Voting

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #228 (isolation #17) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:53 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count XI

[L-3] Guderian - (andrew94, chkflip)

[3]
Not Voting

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #252 (isolation #18) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:00 am

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count XII

[L-2] Guderian - (andrew94, chkflip, Thor665)

[2]
Not Voting
- (Huntman800, ooBAZZoo)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

Prodding Maniamax & mothrax.
Parknourie is still V/LA.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #279 (isolation #19) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:38 am

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count XIII

[L-2] Guderian - (andrew94, chkflip, Thor665)

[L-3] chkflip - (Maniamax, Guderian)
[L-4] parknourie - (mothrax)

[2]
Not Voting
- (Huntman800, ooBAZZoo)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

None necessary.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #306 (isolation #20) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:18 am

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count XIV

[L-1] Guderian - (andrew94, chkflip, Thor665, Huntman800)

[L-3] mothrax - (parknourie, ooBAZZoo)

[0]
Not Voting
- ()

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

mothrax will be replaced tomorrow if he doesn't post.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #335 (isolation #21) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count XV

[1]
Not Voting
- (ooBAZZoo)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

Can't find a mothrax replacement yet. I'll doublecheck prods.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #367 (isolation #22) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Charlie is replacing mothrax. I will have an update later tonight.

- MobilePhoneMo

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #369 (isolation #23) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count

[L-4] parknourie - (Charlie)
[L-4] Charlie - (parknourie)
[L-4] ooBAZZoo - (Thor665)

[0]
Not Voting
- ()

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

Everyone's posted today! That's rockin'. :D

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #384 (isolation #24) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Final Vote Count

[
LYNCH
] Guderian - (andrew94, chkflip, Thor665, Huntman800, parknourie)

[L-4] parknourie - (Charlie)
[L-4] ooBAZZoo - (Thor665)

[0]
Not Voting
- ()

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

FLAVORHalloween was a long day for the folks of Bee. So long, in fact, that they never worked up the energy to go out trick-or-treating. With all the discussion fueled by paranoia, hidden motivations, and the want of justice, very little was agreed upon. Two things were decided: that Halloween would be rescheduled once all the madness had ended, and that Guderian was clearly the perpetrator of Muffin's chronic disappearance.

Guderian pleaded for mercy, declaring his opinion that he certainly knew who was scum, and that the accusations against him were preposterous.

He said coldly as everyone sneered at him, carrying him to the lynch rope.

Guderian, Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 1

fun fact: out of my four newbie games, this is the first to have a VT as the day 1 lynch

Night deadline has been set as
fun fact 2: that will be exactly one month before my birthday <<

Relevant Rule Review
A.
If you have a role with a Night action, your choices are due to me by the posted deadline.
If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
B.
Any player with a Night action may instead submit a "No Action" PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
D.
Nights will last a maximum of 72 hours. If all players (with or without night actions) have indicated via PM to the Moderator that they are ready for night to be completed, Night will end early.
In the instance that the mafia's kill does not kill someone, for whatever reason, night will last the full 72 hour period.
B.
Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.
D.
There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #385 (isolation #25) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Welp, I just realized I made the deadline countdown for AM and not PM. My bad.

FLAVORImage
All of today's flavor went into the food.

Charlie, Vanilla Townie, Killed Night 1

It is now
Day 2

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #409 (isolation #26) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:13 am

Post by KittyMo »

There have been no votes so far.

Still looking for a Huntman800 replacement.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #441 (isolation #27) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count

[L-2] parknourie - (Neruz, chkflip)

[L-3] ooBAZZoo - (Thor665)

[4]
Not Voting
- (andrew94, Maniamax, ooBAZZoo, parknourie,)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

none needed

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #451 (isolation #28) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count

[L-3] chkflip - (parknourie)
[L-3] Thor665 - (ooBAZZoo)

[4]
Not Voting
- (andrew94, Maniamax)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

none needed

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #476 (isolation #29) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count

[2]
Not Voting
- (andrew94, Maniamax)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

none needed

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #507 (isolation #30) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:58 am

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count

[2]
Not Voting
- (andrew94, Maniamax)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

none needed

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #522 (isolation #31) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:15 am

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count

[2]
Not Voting
- (andrew94, Maniamax)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

Prodding
Maniamax
by request.

Note: I'm going to be V/LA starting tomorrow until late Sunday.
Nikanor
will be watching the thread during that time. Be on your best behavior! :wink:

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #550 (isolation #32) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count

[2]
Not Voting
- (andrew94, Maniamax)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

Searching for Mania replacement.

I'm back! Thanks Nikanor. =)

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #552 (isolation #33) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Packbat replaces Maniamax.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #578 (isolation #34) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:29 am

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count

[2]
Not Voting
- (andrew94, Packbat)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

Whoa! ooBAZZoo has been prodded!

parknourie prod is available by request.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #607 (isolation #35) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:38 am

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count

[L-1] parknourie - (Neruz, chkflip, Thor665)

[L-2] chkflip - (parknourie, andrew94)

[1]
Not Voting
- (Packbat)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

-

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #636 (isolation #36) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count

[LYNCH] parknourie - (Neruz, chkflip, andrew94, Packbat)

[L-2] chkflip - (parknourie, Thor665)

[0]
Not Voting
- ()

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Last edited by KittyMo on Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #639 (isolation #37) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by KittyMo »

FLAVORFor a long time that day, the weary people of the settlement were in total disagreement about who had murdered their dear friends Muffin and Charlie, and had taken some part, directly or indirectly, in the brutal and sad death of Guderian. Hungry for justice (and candy,) they spent hours attempting to convince one another of innocence and guilt.

But, the tide began to turn against parknourie, and he was forced to do something drastic for self-preservation.

"Dear friends, please believe me. I am part of the secret police, and I have checked the background of chkflip, and he is a bad man; one capable of murder!"

But he was not believed, for one reason or another, and was put up to be lynched.

As it took his breath away, nearly inaudibly, he was heard to have muttered "An eye for an eye..." before blinking for the last time.

Parknourie, Mafia Goon, Lynched Day 2.

It is now Night 2. Actions are due Saturday, December 4, 2010 at 4:30:00 PM (Salem time). Remember that those with night actions may decline usage of them, and check your PMs for the night ending early situation if you're interested.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #640 (isolation #38) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by KittyMo »

FLAVORAfter having lovely dreams of kittens, the town awakens to find someone else dead.

But then they realize that no one died! Whoa dude.

Oh wait, they just miscounted. Only five are left.

Thor665, Vanilla Townie, Killed Night 2

It's Day 3. Five alive, three to lynch. Deadline is Saturday, December 25, 2010 at 7:30:00 PM (Seattle time). Merry Christmas! ;)

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #668 (isolation #39) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:05 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count

[5]
Not Voting
- (andrew94, chkflip, Neruz, ooBAZZoo, Packbat, )

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #684 (isolation #40) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:22 am

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count

[L-2] Packbat - (ooBAZZoo)

[4]
Not Voting
- (andrew94, chkflip, Neruz, Packbat, )

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #703 (isolation #41) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:00 am

Post by KittyMo »

FLAVORAnd on that fateful day, they decided rather quickly who they thought the culprit was. Some owed it up to intuition. But...could things be that easy? It seemed almost too perfect. The tension became a mountain as they prepared the noose.

ooBAZZoo, succumbing to his death, did not beg and plea as Guderian and parknourie before him. He simply seemed to...understand that it was his time.

And, so it was.

Good bye, dear friends, and good luck.

ooBAZZoo, Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 3

Action(s) (or a PM giving up said action(s)) are due by I'll send out a PM about shortening deadline (if wanted) later today. :D

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #704 (isolation #42) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:59 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Sorry, a bit late opening the thread. (:

It is now Day 4.

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #735 (isolation #43) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:31 am

Post by KittyMo »

Hey, you gotta stop the ongoing game quoting. NOW. It's a site rule. I'm going to have to force-replace both of you if this continues.

As much as I'd like to delete that part of those posts, that takes away from this game's integrity.

This is your LAST warning.
Last edited by KittyMo on Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #737 (isolation #44) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:49 am

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count

[L-2] andrew94 - (Packbat)

[3]
Not Voting
- (andrew94, chkflip, Neruz)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #745 (isolation #45) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count

[4]
Not Voting
- (andrew94, chkflip, Neruz, Packbat)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #755 (isolation #46) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:23 am

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count

[L-1] Packbat - (Neruz, chkflip)

[2]
Not Voting
- (andrew94, Packbat)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #773 (isolation #47) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Final Vote Count of Newbie 1027

[LYNCH] Packbat - (Neruz, chkflip, andrew94)

[L-2] Neruz - (Packbat)

[0]
Not Voting
- (no one)

FlavorAnd on that final, fateful day, the town was certain they'd made the right decision, and it'd all come together fairly easily.

But, that last, crucial piece didn't seem to fit in when Packbat was beheaded. Two seemed to fit together not quite correctly.

Which meant...what...exactly?

Chkflip, in confusion and fear, froze, not knowing what to do. His lack of response, most unfortunately for him, was the straw on the camel's back in his demise. He died wondering who the killer was.

Neruz and andrew94 faced each other, both wordless with rather sour facial expressions.

"Well played," he said, as his throat was slit.

He as in Neruz.

Packbat, Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 4
chkflip, Doctor, Endgamed Day 4
Neruz, Vanilla Townie, Endgamed Day 4

andrew94, Mafia Goon, Survived and Emerged Victorious Day 4
Parknourie, Mafia Goon, Died but Still Won Day 4

Dang, what a game.

I'm sure Thor's got a lot to say about how this turned out -- he's been harassing my PM box for the past few weeks. :wink:

Here's the Mafia's quicktopic, though it's fairly empty. If you've got any further questions for me, let me know. It was fun to watch and run; I hope all of you enjoyed it as much as I did!

"plz don't swear" -- N

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”