nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by nameloc1986 »

The way Shotty is trying desperately hard to keep me from hiding behind him only makes me want to hide behind him even more. Guys I'm going to hide behind Shotty tonight. Other watcher, follow the plan and it should go fine. If I die during the night and Shotty is still alive, you know what to do.
Town Record: 2 - 3
Scum Record: 1 - 0
ooBAZZoo
ooBAZZoo
Goon
ooBAZZoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by ooBAZZoo »

Zdenek wrote:The main thing that I would like to take away from this, is the seeming connection between Dry-fit and Bazz. They have both made soft attacks against one another, and Bazz was very quick to forgive Dry-fit
I wouldn't say I ever 'forgave' Dry-fit. One of the reasons I found him scummy was his lack of contribution, but in his #497 he rectified this, and I noted it.
And despite this, I stand by what I said in #497 when claiming that I find Dry-fit the scummiest player here (although not majorly; I'm not getting a strong scumread off anyone atm). If it wasn't for the Antihero claim, I'd probably be voting Dry-fit too, but there are now some obvious problems with doing so.
Some questions:

@Zdenek
-
1)Obviously you find Dry-fit more scummy than Antihero (as do I), but is your vote merely a statement because you don't agree with those on the Antihero wagon, or do you really wish to see a wagon form on Dry-fit?

@Everyone on the Antihero Wagon
(that's CKD, Jason, Shotty, nameloc and andrew) -
1) To what extent (as a percentage) do you agree with Zdenek's vote on Dry-fit?
2) If Antihero was out of the picture (i.e. you didn't find him scummy and he hadn't already claimed) would you be voting Dry-fit?

@Nameloc
-
1) If tonight Antihero flips town (assuming he's our lynch), and assuming we don't learn anything substantial from our PRs, who would be your top suspect going into tomorrow?
x
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:49 pm

Post by nameloc1986 »

@BAZZ: Before I answer any of your questions, can you tell me your motivation for asking these questions? No offense, I just don't want to walk straight into a possible scum trap. I can see how scum would use these answers to determine who to kill tonight.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:03 pm

Post by Zdenek »

To answer Bazz's question: my vote on Dry-Fit is there because I wanted to present an alternative to lynching Antihero. Even in this game, where we don't want to out power roles, it is probably still best for us to lynch people we think are scum. I don't want this to be taken as a defence of Antihero, I don't what he is, but I'm less convinced than others about his scumminess, so I am not inclined to hammer at the moment. As to whether I want a wagon to form on Dry-Fit, I want that about as much as I want someone to hammer Antihero. If Dry-Fit is lynched, we lynch the person I think is scummiest, and if Antihero is lynched we don't help scum out power roles.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:03 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Updating about two pages, typing as I go.
nameloc1986 wrote: @Everyone: Who should I hide behind? Any other suggestions?
on the fence here on if you should tell us or not...if we know scum would be able to manipulate the result...if we dont know and you die, we lose that information...you could always say you are going to hide between 1 of 2 people (the two you most likely suspect as scum).....or one person who you think is scum and one person who is probably town (one of the claimed) and decide last second which you want to do so scum can not form a plan...right now, as town, we got the numbers...you are almost more valueable alive than dead, that being said, if you died in a way that exposed scum..that would be a good trade off...especially if Anti flips scum.
nameloc1986 wrote: If I die and CKD survives, then CKD is scum and lynch him.
I am fine with this...only downside, is now I got a target on my fucking back tonight...but that is ok, with two watchers out there. Again good trade off. If we can get scum.
andrew94 wrote:and nameloc, it is worthless for a watcher to watch someone else, because scum is surely not going to kill an unconfirmed person.
not a true statement...if I wasnt sure you were town, I would think you were scum. If the target (in this case me)..is targetted by a watcher and the hider...it might help protect both the hider and me. that will confirm me...if scum decides to get a two for one (ie kill me)..the watcher will be able to tell who killed us.
nameloc1986 wrote:But we also want the watchers to catch scum in the act. If we get the to watch particular people, then were steering the scum to kill "unwatched" players without risk of being watched. My method allows the "confirmed" people to be safe while still having a random chance at catching scum. If you have better plan, please share.
this.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
ooBAZZoo
ooBAZZoo
Goon
ooBAZZoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:31 am

Post by ooBAZZoo »

nameloc wrote:Before I answer any of your questions, can you tell me your motivation for asking these questions?
I asked the questions for three reasons, one which I'll tell you after I get the answers.
1) I wanted to gauge the level of agreement with a Dry-fit lynch. As I've stated, I don't find Antihero particularly scummy, and I'm beginning to think that we've got so caught up in the setup of this game that we've forgotten the basics: lynch the player you think is scum. (This doesn't mean I'm not also aware of the dangers of pushing for a new lynch, which is why I want to gauge the level of interest in it first).
2) My particular question of you was partly because I don't know where you are with your thoughts and reads. I feel that since you've been confirmed as 'safe', you've been focused on establishing a course of action for tonight, and you (as well as the town in general) haven't been doing much scumhunting. Again, I feel we're getting caught up in the setup and forgetting the basics. All players (not just you specifically) need to pull their weight in finding scum, regardless of whether they're safe, and we shouldn't be relying so heavily on the nightphase.
3) [I'll post this once everyone's given an answer. Remind me if I forget to do so]
x
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:31 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

ooBAZZoo wrote:
nameloc wrote:Before I answer any of your questions, can you tell me your motivation for asking these questions?
I asked the questions for three reasons, one which I'll tell you after I get the answers.
1) I wanted to gauge the level of agreement with a Dry-fit lynch. As I've stated, I don't find Antihero particularly scummy, and I'm beginning to think that we've got so caught up in the setup of this game that we've forgotten the basics: lynch the player you think is scum. (This doesn't mean I'm not also aware of the dangers of pushing for a new lynch, which is why I want to gauge the level of interest in it first).
2) My particular question of you was partly because I don't know where you are with your thoughts and reads. I feel that since you've been confirmed as 'safe', you've been focused on establishing a course of action for tonight, and you (as well as the town in general) haven't been doing much scumhunting. Again, I feel we're getting caught up in the setup and forgetting the basics. All players (not just you specifically) need to pull their weight in finding scum, regardless of whether they're safe, and we shouldn't be relying so heavily on the nightphase.
3) [I'll post this once everyone's given an answer. Remind me if I forget to do so]
But here's the thing, we found Anti-hero scummy and he prematurely claimed. If we just drop Anti-hero's wagon we risk 2 things: a) he is scum and we're giving him a free pass, and b) we'll make it easier for scum to watcher snipe (we force a watcher claim OR we force a VT claim which will still give the scum a better chance to snipe the watcher). I've given my thoughts on Anti-hero and Jason, but since Anti-hero has claimed I'm not sure why he isn't lynched already. I'm not going to abandon the AH wagon, whether that's too much set-up strategy or not. And I actually have been doing more scum-hunting, I just haven't felt led to share more of my thoughts because I really don't want the scum to get more ideas before the day is over.

So yes, I have more thoughts I just won't share them right now, because I feel Anti-hero is the best lynch today whether or not we find anyone else scummy.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:22 am

Post by andrew94 »

ckd, are u even reading the thread? nameloc said he w ould hide behind shotty now = =
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:34 am

Post by Empking »

Vote: Antihero
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:19 pm

andrew94 wrote:ckd, are u even reading the thread? nameloc said he w ould hide behind shotty now = =
i said I was typing as reading...but the main issue still remains.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:22 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Hey everyone, checking back into this game, Im just home from London. absolutly exhausted and sore... going to catch up later hopefully after I have some rest.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:22 am

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

Final (3th) Vote Count of Day 2

with 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch
Anti-hero is the current wagon leader at Lynch

Anti-hero (6):
curiouskarmadog, jasonT1981, drmyshottyizsik, nameloc, andrew94, Empking

JasonT1981 (1):
Dry-Fit

Dry-Fit (1):
Zdenek

curiouskarmadog (1):
Anti-hero

not voting:
ooBAZZoo

It seemed that on Day 2, after not seeing a loss on the previous night, the people of the town decided to play a numbers game. Everyone seemed to be making suggestions.
"If we do this, and, the watchers do this, you hide here..."
"No, no, that wouldn't work, because then they could do this..."
"Hey, if they all target the people to their left.." (Two town members switched places in line, and looked at the person who suggested that.) "Oh. Doesn't work."

But as the day wore on, votes somehow did seem to be accumulating, and it seemed that everyone was one step behind in what was going to happen.
"Don't claim!"
"[claim]"
"Gah..."

Which led to the town, once again, playing a numbers game, until a small voice from the background cried, "
vote
"

It was Empking, and not only was this a vote, but a hammer, which seemed to go unnoticed by many. As the deed was carried out, Antihero gave his last words.

"You know what? It doesn't matter. My side is still gonna win. cause I'm AWESOME!!!" as he was strung up, the people still waited to see whose side he was on. "Go...

town!"

Antihero,
Townie
, was lynched day two.

Night actions are due by
Friday, November 5, 3:30 P.M. EST
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:15 am

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

On the next morning, the town assembled once more, giddy at the thought of having so many "confirmed" town with already one mafioso down. Slightly downtrodden about the Anti-hero death, many people still expected that they would be in a good position for the rest of the time. However, the town was once more confused by numbers in the morning. They counted, counted, and counted again, trying to think of who was missing.
"nameloc," one person realized, and everyone went to visit his house. However, they found no one home, and began to (rightly) suspect the worst. But who
else
wasn't there?

one person stared in horror, remembering the various claims, or not claims, or whatever they were from one member of the town. "shotty."

and so everyone went to shotty's house, only to see that it was covered in snack foods and sodas, with the television still on. On the floor lay...a submarine sandwich. "mustard," one person deduced, taking a bite. "spicy."

However, the more shocking discovery was who lay on the floor near the sandwich, both shotty and nameloc dead.
"So..." one person began to reason. "nameloc obviously was the hider...but what about shotty?" One person returned from the second floor with a book,
Night Actions for Dummies
and a magnifying glass.

"Oh boy..."

nameloc1986
---
Hider
--- Killed Night 2
drmyshottyizsik
---
Watcher
--- Killed Night 2

First Vote Count of Day 3

with 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

not voting:
everyone

Deadline is Friday, November 26, 3:30 P.M. EST
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:06 am

watcher and a hider gone?...exact fucking reason why I thought the hider shouldnt state where he was going...hopefully the other watcher followed suit and we watched ourselves another scum....
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:37 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

/bah
SEE I TOLD YOU NOT TO HIDE BEHIND ME NAME!
#freeShotty
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:09 am

Post by andrew94 »

the other watcher should have watched shotty as we said, or im /f r his/her ass
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:12 am

going to reread while waiting for everyone to check in?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:12 am

not sure why there was a "?" at the end of that sentence.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:20 am

Post by Zdenek »

If all went well, the other watcher watched Shotty and we'll be lynching scum today.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:20 am

Post by andrew94 »

the scum obviously decided to sacrifice one of their own to destroy the 2 watchers combo, so the other watcher better have watched shotty
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:49 am

Post by Dry-fit »

I'm the other watcher.

Nameloc, CKD, and andrew visited shotty.

vote: curiouskarmadog

Sorry Anti, looks like you were right :neutral:
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:54 am

Post by Zdenek »

Vote CKD
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by andrew94 »

vote ckd
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by andrew94 »

alright, in advance in case of my death tonight, i have decided to out myself as the actual watcher.

what happened on night 0 is so complicated that you guys cannot comprehend.
firstly, on night 0 i watched hop, and i saw shotty and dry-fit there.
hop didnt die.
on shotty's first post, he voted for me. this told me that shotty was the other watcher, and watched hop and saw me there.
dry-fit , not voting for me in rvs, but instead voting for me in an actual case, made me think he was in fact, not the watcher but the cop.

anyway, when hop proceeded to claim watcher, i didnt want dry fit to out himself, so i decided to fakeclaim = =
and hop got lynched
because dry-fit also went to hop's house, he would know that hop is in fact, not a watcher, so obv he didnt need to claim cop or CC me = = (thank you for your understanding)

and then last night, i watched shotty and saw ckd, nameloc and dry fit visit the house.
knowing that nameloc and dry fit are innocent, ckd is the scum.

i personally think dry- fit was pretty smart to figure out this ruse, and so he fakeclaimed watcher and ( i think he suspected ckd cos of antihero) and said that result.
so, im saying this cos if i died tonight and flipped watcher, dry fit would be in so much deep shit, so im explaining it

p.s. ckd is a good player i think? so allowing him to sacrifice himself means that the other scum is much more smarter

cough cough*

Return to “Completed Open Games”