Mafia 119: MURDER AT HOTEL DEATH(GAME OVER)

vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:24 am

Post by vollkan »

Lew wrote: since we lynched mafia, I decided not to shoot, according to what discussed in post 1133 and 1135.
I don't understand this.

1133 was my post and I didn’t say anything of the sort. The first part of my post relevant to setup discussion just basically said that 5:3 is more likely than 6:2, and the second explained why NL was a bad idea yesterday. Neither of which justifies you not killing.

1135 was yours, and you said:
Lew wrote:
I agree. The whole analysis is very much correct. Anyway, I am not suggesting nl. I only think that the reactions of some players to this problem may be extremely interesting. For instance, if I were town and I were at L-1 on mylo, I would be posting a lot more content and a lot more protests and complaints than prana is doing... wouldn't you?

Moreover: if the absolute majority of town (4) asks me to nokill, I will not shoot. You guys decide.
Just an observation, tho. Assume we are on mylo: if we mislynch and I nk, tomorrow it is 6 with 3 scum, which means gameover.
Wouldn't it be better to say that I will nk if and only if we lynch scum? Cuz if we mislynch, I may be the only chance for us to have a tomorrow...
The first paragraph doesn't seem relevant to this. And in the second, you actually say "Wouldn't it be better to say that I will nk if and only if we lynch scum?". Though, in the following sentence you said "Cuz if we mislynch, I may be the only chance for us to have a tomorrow...", so I assume you meant "if and only if we
don't
lynch scum" (which would be consistent with what you are now saying).

That still doesn’t make any sense, though:
Yesterday, it was most likely 5:3, improved to 5:2 by PD's lynch. If you factor in scum's NK, that makes 4:2 (MYLO), which is what we are probably in now. That means you had three options last night:
  • Kill (and hit scum): making it 4:1 now
  • Kill (and hit town): making it 3:2 (LYLO) now
  • No kill: making it 4:2 (MYLO) now
In the MYLO created by not killing (ie. now), we have two only two avenues:

A) No lynch; or
B) Lynch scum

(ie. we can't mislynch)

Now, the theoretical rationale for A) (the default option to take in MYLO), is that a lynch the following day with access to the information that comes from the additional flip (caused by scum's NK on the night after No Lynching) is better than a lynch without that flip. However, a vig kill the night before the NL, which actually has a prospect of hitting scum (unlike a scum NK the night after) is obviously of much greater value than the scum kill (both because it can actually hit scum and, to a lesser extent, because any information-hunting is town-driven rather than an incidental consequence of a scum-kill).

And, in respect of B), needing to lynch scum is absolutely no different to the situation we'd be stuck in LYLO - except that an additional flip would have given us more information

In short, I can't see any motivation for not NKing last night. There is a scum motivation for your decision, though:

If lew is scum, his scumteam has two kills at his disposal. Now, last night it was 5;2. If scum used both NKs on town, they could have brought that down to 3:2 (LYLO). However, that would obviously mean that, come today, Lew would have been exposed to possible suspicion for the death of another townie. In short, there would have been a risk for scum in making two kills. At the same time, there was a very strong scum motivation for scum to only use one kill: it would put us into what is actually a LYLO situation right now (4:2 with two scum kills) and also would also carry the prospect that, if today we didn’t factor in this risk (eg by operating on the assumption that lew is town), we might actually No Lynch today (thinking it was MYLO when it is actually LYLO) and, thus, lose.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:09 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

something about lew is bothering me, today, you (vollkan) summed up what rubbed me wrong, but yesterday ("I targetted X who was second on my scum list because I figured PD would be lynched today" bullshit) rubbed me wrong, especially after avoiding the wagon at that...I am not sure why he didnt vote for the top person on his scum list.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:56 am

Post by LimMePls »

lewarcher82 wrote:since we lynched mafia, I decided not to shoot, according to what discussed in post 1133 and 1135.
This is awful. I have no idea why you wouldn't shoot. GOOD FREAKING LORD.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:59 am

Post by LimMePls »

I think it might be best if we mass claim. Thoughts?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:19 pm

Post by vollkan »

LMP wrote: I think it might be best if we mass claim. Thoughts?
Agreed.

It's the proper play in LYLO and so, given that we are potentially in LYLO at the moment, it's probably the right play here as well.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:13 am

I am fine with a massclaim, though my shit is already out there.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:40 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

very quickly from the middle of a conference (I already apologised for that, I will post more tomorrow): I re-read my quick post from yesterday, and yeah, post 1133 is quite misquoted there; anyway in my post 1135 (an answer to voll 1133), I explained that I would have shot if we myslynched, in order to try and avoid a likely defeat given by a possible 3 vs 3 situation; otherwise I would not have shot.
There was no negative reaction to that, and I acted accordingly.

As for option 2c by CKD, according to which I would have lied about me shooting a2rudeboy yesterday: How would it be my interest to do it as scum? And how did the damn hider die? And what did scum do while I was "shooting the tracker"? I already answered this when prana moved the very same objection yesterday (great authority for you to quote). Go back and check it out; I will answer any question - and repeat my reasons - tomorrow.

Someone will be so nice to answer me about the weird "insider info" Jack claimed to have about post-restrictions? You cannot deny that it is an anomaly, so you need to have some thoughts about it. I am totally ok with massclaiming. My claim is obvious, but I will give more details.
Still, I suggest we claim in a given order. Lynch, who proposed the claim, chooses the first to claim, and so on. Standard procedure, anyone will know how it works.

If you want me to claim me first, u better answer in the next 60 minutes; after that I will be
V/LA for the next 24 hours
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:43 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

Hi. I'm a VT.
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:08 am

Post by vollkan »

Lew wrote: very quickly from the middle of a conference (I already apologised for that, I will post more tomorrow): I re-read my quick post from yesterday, and yeah, post 1133 is quite misquoted there; anyway in my post 1135 (an answer to voll 1133), I explained that I would have shot if we myslynched, in order to try and avoid a likely defeat given by a possible 3 vs 3 situation; otherwise I would not have shot.
There was no negative reaction to that, and I acted accordingly.
Why did you think that you should only have shot if we mislynched?
lew wrote: If you want me to claim me first, u better answer in the next 60 minutes; after that I will be V/LA for the next 24 hours.
Please claim now, given that Pacman has jumped the gun.

I'll claim after you.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:21 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

cuz if we were on mylo and mislynched, it would have been town auto-loss: from 5vs3 d4 to 3vs3 d5, unless I shot and killed scum. Is my post 1135 so unclear?

I claim
town vig
, I belong to the same neighborhood as Zetsch, namely the Shawshank Neighborhood. I am now the last living member of it.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:37 am

Post by vollkan »

Lew wrote: cuz if we were on mylo and mislynched, it would have been town auto-loss: from 5vs3 d4 to 3vs3 d5, unless I shot and killed scum. Is my post 1135 so unclear?
But PD was lynched D4, so it obviously had gone to 5:2. Thus, you could safely kill. What the situation would have been if we'd mislynched was irrelevant. I still can't see why you thought that, if we lynched scum, it was better that you no kill.

Anyway:

I am a Town Neighbour Jailkeeper with LynchMePls.

Our history of actions:
N1: LMP JKed me.*
N2: LMP JKed me.*
N3: LMP JKed lewarcher*
N4: LMP JKed pacman***

Nights 1 - 3 were on a protective basis

Night 4 was in the hope of catching scum.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:41 am

Post by vollkan »

EBWOP:

Our Neighbourhood is the Alcatraz Neighbourhood

And the asterisks in my previous post are a typo left over from when I first typed out the history I had the explanations for each kill at the bottom:
ie.
LMP JKed me*
LMP JKed me*
LMP JKed Lewarcher*
LMP JKed pacman***

(* protective basis)
(*** scumhunting basis)

But then I decided just to simplify it with the two sentences at the end of my post.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:10 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

LMP has bad aim.
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:16 am

lewarcher82 wrote:Someone will be so nice to answer me about the weird "insider info" Jack claimed to have about post-restrictions?
I think his claim is the reason he was killed...are you saying you havent looked for it?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:19 am

i figured there were more pairs of neighbors.

so vollkan, you guys did you jail keeping every night...and every night there was a kill...poor luck?

who made the decisions between the two of you?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:20 am

edit:....."so vollkan...you guys did jail keeping every night..."

also, the claim gives some credit to Lew's claim.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:23 am

sorry for many little posts back to back, but the thoughts come after I have posted..

so, i doubt that Lewscum would have tried to kill rude, if he knew he was going to be blocked (ie knowledge from the vollkan/lmp pair)...that is assuming some timing of actions though. but it makes sense him coming out with the information the following day. I dont understand why lew did try to kill someone last night though.

have another line of thinking too, but want to wait to see who wears the pants in that neighborhood first (ie who made what decision what night)
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by vollkan »

CKD wrote: so vollkan, you guys did you jail keeping every night...and every night there was a kill...poor luck?
In part; also a consequence of the nature of the role. See below for an illustration of this, but the reasoning that goes into using JK is different from that in most other power roles: you can't protect somebody without also blocking them (making it bad for power roles) and you can't roleblock somebody without protecting them (making it bad for suspects in a game that is killing role heavy)
CKD wrote: who made the decisions between the two of you?
Every decision was joint; we can't use the power without mutual agreement in our QT.

For N1, I was targeted on the basis that LMP considered my play being pro-town and there was no risk of it otherwise blocking a power role (since LMP was using my power anyway)

Ditto for N2: there wasn't anyone I wanted to protect in respect of whom there wouldn't also be a risk of blockage; and there wasn't anyone I wanted to block whom there wouldn't also be a risk of protecting.

N3: this is the only one so far that we have disagreed on. I wanted to target CKD since, because you are one-shot, there was no risk of it blocking a pro-town kill, but there was a chance of protecting you (whom I didn't suspect) from scum. LMP opposed this on the basis that he suspected you. I argued that you possibly being scum didn't invalidate my point: if you were scum, then we'd have a shot at blocking you anyway. We eventually compromised on LMP's suggestion that we protect lewarcher, on the basis that we considered lew a likely scum target and that outweighed the loss of his power for a night (I also made the point that the fact that lew was new to the game made his vig less valuable)

N4: Last night, LMP agreed to my suggestion to target Pacman. My reasoning was I thought lew was most likely town and would almost certainly target a2. So, the best way to use the power was to try and RB one of Pacman, CKD or Jack, since using it on one of those three couldn't possibly block lew. Out of those three, Pacman was obviously the superior choice, because he has been much scummier than the other two.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:27 am

LMP do you agree with vollkan about the above post?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:32 am

also need a claim from rude.

LMP and vollkan...not only does your role stop someone from killing, but it also protects someone from a kill....after 4 nights, you have yet to stop a kill..one would think that you have done something by now...thoughts on suspicion of the other? What happens to your power if the other dies?

also, pac should not be the lynch today, given your claim.

Mod can you update the first page please.

Done
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:14 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Prodding a2rudeboy... again.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:24 am

Post by LimMePls »

Yes I agree with his descriptions, and yes his claim is accurate.
curiouskarmadog wrote:also need a claim from rude.

LMP and vollkan...not only does your role stop someone from killing, but it also protects someone from a kill....after 4 nights, you have yet to stop a kill..one would think that you have done something by now...thoughts on suspicion of the other? What happens to your power if the other dies?

also, pac should not be the lynch today, given your claim.

Mod can you update the first page please.

Done
Just like the other neighborhoods, if one of us dies, the other gets the power to themselves. If Vollkan were scum, I don't think I'd still be alive. However, I have wondered about it, given that every night we block someone, the kill goes somewhere else, and its not like the scum haven't had better targets each night. And Vollkan not being targeted for an NK into D5 is pretty surprising if he is town. I can't help but wonder if this wasn't what the mod wanted with the game though, lots of paranoia amongst the neighborhoods. If so, it's worked pretty damn good.

V/LA on weekends
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:15 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

very quickly as I haven't slept for 36 hours.

CKD: the fact that someone was jailed does not clear it, naturally. If pacman were mafia and had a mafia partner, his jailing would not prevent nk.

LMP: what do you mean "his claim is accurate"? My character in this game, Pom and then me, is a neighborhood member, still I (Pom) had no idea what the role of Z was, and Z actually fosed Pom for a short time at the very beginning of the game. So how would you know if his claim is accurate?

@Mod: sidenote for future reference (I am a kick in the balls, sorry): it is not a good idea to let a day become night and then day again with an inactive player. Now we can easily assume that a2rudeboy & pacman are not scumbuddies, as one was jailed and the other was inactive. This is an information we can use, but the way we got it is not fair.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:20 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

EBWOP: I wrote "I (Pom) had no idea what the role of Z was", I naturally meant alignment, not role. Better get some sleep
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:57 am

well unless vollkan and LMp are both scum and lying, he was jailed last night...there was not a kill last night...so pac is not the best lynch today...you disagree? also LMP is answering my quesiton (about vollkan)
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”