Newbie 1027: Trick or Treat! [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by parknourie »

Guderian wrote:small incorrectness here. there are two scum and from a towns point of view they themselves are town. so its actually 2/8=1/4. very different.
A small incorrectness here. Yeah there are two scums but you only get to vote one at a time.
Thor665 wrote:
parknourie wrote:Rather than telling other people to do things you would do, why don't you try to convince them in a way that they can actually see and understand your purpose?
In regards to my town read on Huntman?
The reason is - Huntman is looking like lost newbie player and the *first* action he takes when trying to respond to my demands for reads on players is to explain why we should *clear* a player of suspicion. That's just not a scum mindset, especially not for a player who isn't even under a lot of pressure. Only way I see Huntmanscum at this stage is if Mania is his buddy.

Also, the above is pretty much ironing out my parknourie as scum feeling. Just look at how he's responded to me;
1. Calls me town for voting him (!?!)
2. Presents that really odd 'Thor is town who is angry he's not scum' deal (he's really darn sure I'm not scum, isn't he? I have no idea why, I've been townie, but I'm hardly super townie.)
3. Asks for clarification of my town read on Huntman.
4. Has yet to ask question 1 about my case on him...seriously, he hasn't even questioned why I have such a strong scum read on him yet. Can we say guilty conscience?

3 wouldn't be so exciting without 4, of course. Clearly he does understand the concept of explaining reads, he just doesn't want to hear the scum case on himself.
Ok, Thor. Tell me why I'm scummy to you.
Your #1 point is sadly stupid. I am not calling you a town because you voted for me. Quote the post where I have said that. Pretty sure that there were more elaborative reasons to it.
Plus your other points are just repetitions of your previous points.
Guderian. Can you tell me on how I became your serious scum candidate? Please use quotes from me which were posted After your vote on me.
Sex and Golf are Two Things You Can Enjoy Without Being Very Good At It.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by Thor665 »

You're scum because of reasons I actually expounded on in the post you're quoting, you just keep reinforcing the tells I'm getting from you. You went into appease mode (Thor, you're town) <--this is you calling me town because I voted you, most people tend to get a scum vibe from people who vote them, and with no case explained I have no idea why you had town reads on me while I was voting you. Oh...wait, it was because you knew the case was legit, right? You didn't ever ask me about the case on you and actually seemed to accept it as legitimate very quickly (which is just not a town mindset). Also, when you realized you'd incorrectly done your random vote you changed it to a different player without any explanation as to why. Also, you called me out with a gut read of some sort while still maintaining your random vote on your new target. None of that looks very town-like, hence you're scum.

What were the "elaborative" reasons for calling me town? I'm pretty sure they don't exist. But you and I do both know I'm town, and I'm the only one who knows it because of reading my role PM.

The repetition of points were points you've never addressed, so why not toss them out again. plus there's a lot of new stuff you avoided as well. Not that it's a scumtell for that, but I don't get why you're mentioning that I'm repeating points I've already made - that's a normal thing to do.
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:57 pm

Post by parknourie »

I believe I have already said the reasons why I think you are town before, Thor.
In case you were too blind to actually spend time reading my posts, I will say it again.
You are an IC. Inexperience Challenged. Get that, rockhead?
My reasons against you are psychological. I'm not surprised if a Norse (even though you are a God amongst them) doesnt understand psychology.
You are someone who expect the most to be a scum in Newbie games as you have the power to be a wise-town AND an awesome scum partner.
Even if an IC is NOT a scum, there is a great chance of other SEs in the game of being one. Don't be so naive about this point. Newbies are newbies. Sure they can be clever but seriously?
They need someone experienced to go alongside with them and someone with power is very much ideal.
Judging from your all annoyed, amped-down behaviors and playing with calculations, I drew the conclusion that you are actually in the stage of sheer frustration. Of NOT BEING SCUM.
Otherwise, you would have gone, "Alright! Let's do this shit!' with super hyped-up attitude.
But you are settling your score with me. And here goes our problem.
"Fucking hell. I'm not scum. No chance of wasting these infantile minions...Who can I pick on? Huh, a guy called Parknourie. Let's see what I can cook up with this guy!" Is probably what you went through before the situation we are in right now.
Very, very, annoying. Another proof that you are annoyed is your treatment to other players in this game.
Using your status as an IC you just command them, order them, find their mistakes, get easily annoyed by thier actions. What an IC you are.
Now, I'm not wasting my useful vote on you Thor. Just try and lynch me. The entire Town will have to pay for your utter stupidity. Not that the entire town is stupid enough to go for me all at once.
This Town's too small for me and you both. That's a Fact.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
Maniamax
Maniamax
Townie
Maniamax
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:20 pm

Post by Maniamax »

Honestly I'm being drawn over to Thor's side. Maybe it's the points in a neat, little list, but Park hasn't really provided an argument against them, aside from that Thor is annoyed. Screw it I'm gonna vote for him.

@@VOTE: parknourie
Huntman800
Huntman800
Townie
Huntman800
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:40 am

Post by Huntman800 »

parknourie wrote: Judging from your all annoyed, amped-down behaviors and playing with calculations, I drew the conclusion that you are actually in the stage of sheer frustration. Of NOT BEING SCUM.
Accidentally clicked Thor's Wiki page, does this do anything to invalidate the main point here?
Thor wrote:Mostly I ended up feeling guilty for being scum because I think I discovered I'm a town player at heart
I suppose it could be nothing, as from reading that page, you'll find that was really his only (other than ongoing) scum game. But maybe that uncertainty is my newbishness talking. ;) I mean, it's possible that Thor lied on the page (I think?) but wouldn't it be more likely that he would
not
want to be scum?

'Course, I don't know much about the differences between real and newbie games, so I might not know what I'm saying. None of this really changes my stance on voting, for now, so I'm just throwing it out there.
I'm so hardcore, I type my BBCode out by hand. No, don't ask me why.
Oh, and btw: (s)he did it!
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:10 am

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count IV

[L-2] parknourie - (Thor665, Guderian, Maniamax)

[L-4] Huntman800 - (mothrax)
[L-4] andrew94 - (Huntman800)
[L-4] Maniamax - (IO_SAMBO_OI)
[L-4] Guderian - (parknourie)

[2]
Not Voting
- (andrew94, ooBAZZoo)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

mothrax is proddable upon request.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:07 am

Post by mothrax »

Sorry, I'm here, my mom just got out of the hospital and I didn't realize it had been three days.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:30 am

Post by Thor665 »

Hope she's doing okay.

Now that you're here would you like to weigh in on some of what has already happened.
Also, I've specifically made a request to you as regards your current vote.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:32 am

Post by Thor665 »

parknourie wrote:This Town's too small for me and you both. That's a Fact.
Why so serious?
If we shouldn't lynch you - who should we lynch? Other then you saying I'm town I'm not sure if I've noticed you particularly scumhunting anyone or pointing out any scummy acts by other players.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:28 am

Post by andrew94 »

FFS, FCKING INTERNET FCKS UP MY POST, NOW I HAVE TO REWRITE IT.

ok, this is why we should not lynch park today.
1) he plays like this in most of his previous games
newbie 971 - almost gets owned in day1 lots of pressure at the start
newbie 984 - same thing
newbie 999 -same thing ( i was in this game)
newbie 1009 - he didnt get any pressure and hence won

so in conclusion, he plays like a little spagettie fligner at the start of the game and everyone just basically jumps on him until someone says 'STOP!' - that person would be me in this game

however, someone else has caught my attention - maniamax. he first comes in late(so he can talk more with his partner?) says his totally noob but plays a few games
and this is his reason:
Maniamax wrote:Honestly I'm being drawn over to Thor's side. Maybe it's the points in a neat, little list, but Park hasn't really provided an argument against them, aside from that Thor is annoyed. Screw it I'm gonna vote for him.

@@VOTE: parknourie
er... i have to say. this is the most scummiest voting post i have seen. you provide no extra things, your just jumping on a bandwagon, and dont tell me its for pressure, cos u dont know what that is (u said u were newb remember) and that is what newb scum do - agree with ppl, go on wagons.
honestly, i feel that i give newbie scum too much benefit of the doubt sometimes. not anymore
@@vote max
F

hunt gets a C- for sitting on the fence.
guderian seems to be tunneling on park and me. any reason apart that the others are all newbies?
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:29 am

Post by andrew94 »

p.s. max is oppourtunistoic
Huntman800
Huntman800
Townie
Huntman800
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Huntman800 »

andrew94 wrote:hunt gets a C- for sitting on the fence.
How does being unsure in my first game make me scummy? I suppose a 'C-' is better than an 'F' but still, isn't it possible that I am just truly unsure of what to do?
I'm so hardcore, I type my BBCode out by hand. No, don't ask me why.
Oh, and btw: (s)he did it!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:42 am

Post by Thor665 »

I like andrew's post except that Huntman is town.
I'm a bit reversed on the Mania vs. park angle then andrew is and agree that Guderian is an odd part of that equation.

Andrew is town for today - let's get some more discussion going. I'm sure I've got a couple unanswered questions flinging around out there.

@Huntman - who do you think is the scummiest player here currently and why? Please note, the only "wrong" answer to this question is to say you don't have an opinion. If for some insane reason you don't have an opinion then I expect your next post to contain a question or two for about 1-3 different players in order to help you get an opinion on them.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:45 am

Post by andrew94 »

i said that i give too much benefit of the doubt to newbies

basically, when ppl are arguing, remember that there are 2 scum, look for those opportunistic people who jump in (max)
for all you know(or maybe u do know) thor and park are a pair of tunneling townies.
looking undecisive like this makes you an easy target in lylo and might turn u into a policy lynch ( anti town ).

as you can see in my above post, what do u think now hunt?

preview edit: whats mania vs park angle
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:47 am

Post by andrew94 »

alright thor, i saw ur reasoning for town read on hunt

now i have to ask you a question;
what if all players in ur games are newbie and they all do the same thing
what if hunt, is in fact, a legendary player who has created an alt
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:48 am

Post by parknourie »

@ Thor, I did point out that Guderian seems scummy to me. Was that not enough?
@ Mothrax - Ready for a serious vote now?

I don't actually feel comfortable that another person posts my previous games and draw some conclusion on my playstyle. However, I think thats helping me atm, so be it.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Thor665 »

andrew94 wrote:now i have to ask you a question;
what if all players in ur games are newbie and they all do the same thing
what if hunt, is in fact, a legendary player who has created an alt
Occam's Razor

@park - no.
Also, do you disagree with andrew's conclusions about your playstyle?
While we're at it, how does that reflect on your conclusions about my playstyle when I'm not scum?
Maniamax
Maniamax
Townie
Maniamax
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:59 am

Post by Maniamax »

andrew94 wrote:p.s. max is oppourtunistoic
(Don't want to quote long post >_>)

The only reason I voted at the time I did is because it was after I read Park's two posts on this page, in which he seems to refuse confrontation on the points Thor brought up. Whilst I now it may seem a bit scummy to vote at the time I did, it was only because it was the first time I properly "got" why Thor though Park was scum.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:12 am

Post by andrew94 »

but you get why i think you are scum now i presume.

it is not about whether thor thought park is scum or not, it is whether you think , instead of just copying others and jumping onto a highest vote wagon.

@thor, i think occam's razor means dont complicate things right? i still dont like giving ppl free passes
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:15 am

Post by Thor665 »

If your answer to why my "free pass" (I call it a town tell) isn't a good idea is because he *might* be an experienced player working under an alt and choosing to play in a newbie game as a newbie (which isn't allowed and means he'd be lying to the list mod) then I believe Occam's Razor very much applies.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:50 am

Post by Guderian »

parknourie, I believe I have outlined my reasons for voting you before.

1. Apparent wishy-washyness,
2. strange reasoning while pertaining to Thor (ie claiming he decided to vote you because he was IC and you were a lowly SE),
3. followed by the fact that the town will be 'awfully sorry' to lynch you (will we be? I haven't seen any serious analysis from you to make me think otherwise)
4. voting me because I voted you. It seems like a thinly veiled attempt to make me appear like a band wagoning opportunistic scum, when it is really nothing of the sort.

If you give me a serious case why YOU AREN'T scum, and why SOMEONE ELSE is, I will look into it. But as for now you haven't.

Some other points of note.

maniamax, what is your current opinion on andrews recent posts, ie implying you look suspicious for voting park and post 89 when he brings up some items of inconsequence to the town.

and andrew, why you believe I am tunneling you? I have posted very little about you except to say I disliked your playstyle. Would you mind explaining what I have done that is scummy?

And lastly, huntman, what do you make of the current debate between thor and parknourie?
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:51 am

Post by Guderian »

I would also like to point out IO_SAMBO_OI has not posted after he said he would be right back from dinner, which was over a day ago now.

Would you mind posting some opinion or thoughts.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:02 am

Post by andrew94 »

@guderian i didnt say you were tunneling me. i believe i said you were nitpicking on posts made by me thor park and sambo
i said thor was tunneling park, park was tunneling town cred on thor?
correct me if im wrong

how did i brfing out points of inconsequence, do u think its insignificant?
stop rolefishing

@thor , i might from other sites etc
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:17 am

Post by Guderian »

andrew94 wrote: hunt gets a C- for sitting on the fence.
guderian seems to be tunneling on park and me. any reason apart that the others are all newbies?
post number 84.

I'm not rolefishing in the slightest. To bring that up as a possibility is either misguided or with ulterior motives.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:28 am

Post by andrew94 »

= = apparently my mind wasnt working after i had to retype that whole post.

guderian your post 95 point 3
looks to be rolefishing
'will we be?'

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”