Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by Kdub »

If Mari or Locke is scum, they
must
be partners with inHim. If inHim was town, they would have just hammered. The fact that Locke declared Mari town in his most recent post (even though I'm not convinced her shotty vote actually clears her) while saying he suspects inHim looks very good for him IMO. If he and inHim were scum together and he is planning to bus inHim, he has every reason to tie inHim+Mari together as a scum pair. He did not do that, which makes me think he's probably town.

Mari:
I'm not sure you can say inHim isn't scum with me/jim/raj just because you think scum wouldn't bus. I think he was clearly the #2 suspect behind horror yesterday, the fact that he got a quick wagon today was just an extension of that.
Mariyta wrote:As I asked, are you so convinced that inHim is scum that you are willing to risk the game? You know him better than any of us. If you say yes, I say we take out either inHim or kdub.
Not lynching today just shifts the risk to tomorrow, when we might have either more or less information. We will have to risk the game on a lynch at some point, and I still don't see why it's better to do so tomorrow than today.

Preview edit: raj echoed my sentiments
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:49 am

Post by Mariyta »

Very well. inHim, claim or you get my vote.

I've also been thinking about the mass claim. The whole reason for not doing it is to protect the QB, but if they die, we have nothing from them so it would have been pointless. If they left breadcrumbs, we'd have something to go on, but if they haven't, I suggest they follow raj's advice and claim after inHim claims. It's probably worth sacrificing one night's investigation for the information gained on the other three.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Raj and Jim's votes on Shotty to look over:
rajrhcpfreak wrote:really?

ive been trying to avoid voting for you since your first post was attacking me. but i am not actively lurking and modkilling is bad no matter what. we are 4 pages in and you were able to get into the game easily.

vote: drmyshottyizsik
jimfinn wrote:DMSIS, it seems really scummy of you to be pushing for a modkill. It almost sounds like a scum trying to push to get rid of a town player easily without having to make a case. I'm going to
unvote

VOTE: DMSIS
Raj's I find odd because it feels like he's battling with the instinct that he shouldn't wagon Shotty. The bit about Jim's vote that bothers me is the way he phrases his reasoning eg. 'it seems really scummy', 'it almost sounds like a scum'. It's a little bit too tentative.

On the flip side, while GhostWriter and Horrordude comment on this situation right away, Mari and inHim (and CT and myself) do not. It's harder to draw anything from this, but it is odd that following the initial two votes, there's very little reaction to the situation from anyone. Even Raj and Jim don't say much about Shotty until the pressure on him restarts following his Kdub vote.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by Mariyta »

It wasn't shotty's kdub vote that did it for me. It was posts #203-205 (I think). They made me re-read him, and as you saw, I waffled a bit between him and mongoose (who was pretty damn scummy himself). Then I settled on shotty.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:43 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

I didn't say it did it for you specifically. I said the pressure increased after his Kdub vote. That was what made both Mongoose and myself vote for him.

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:07 am

Post by Mariyta »

What about the kdub vote made you switch?
-Susan Ertz

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:26 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

I didn't think there was a single part of it that was accurate. He looked like he was stretching to make a case with every comment he made. It was just so inauthentic it set off a massive scum alarm in my head; nothing read like it came from a townie.

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:34 am

Post by Mariyta »

Ah, ok. So it wasn't the vote itself (which is in its own post) but the crappy reasoning given afterwards (which I forgot to include in my previous list of shoddy shotty posts). I was confused as to why a vote change w/ no reasoning would make you switch like that.
-Susan Ertz

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by charter »

VOTE COUNT

inHimshallibe - 1 (rajrhcpfreak)
No Lynch - 1 (jimfinn)

NOT VOTING

Mariyta
Locke Lamora
Kdub
inHimshallibe

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch! Deadline is November 14th.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by Mariyta »

If inHim doesn't claim by tomorrow (Tuesday, at 8pm EST), I will vote him.
-Susan Ertz

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:15 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Eek, I had a post yesterday, not sure what happened.

First and foremost: RB. My comment re: no QB being able to clear me was obviously quite apparent given the gamestate.

Second of all, raj: as town, there's no RISK, only CERTAINTY, as the game would be over.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:30 am

Post by Kdub »

The RB claim doesn't convince me, but it does make inHim potentially confirmable. I'm going to consider some scenarios and post some more thoughts later.

And no, the QB should not claim just yet.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:59 am

Post by Mariyta »

Town

GW- Backup QB
Mongoose- OT
Coach Travis- TE
horror-WE
Antihero-WE

We haven't seen an OG, FB, or QB yet. The people left are raj, jim, kdub, and LL. One of them is scum and one is the QB. OG and FB are not guaranteed to be in the game. I'm an RB, inHim claims RB. I don't see more than two in the game, so if someone else is an RB, please claim now.

Scum

drmyshottyizsik-Linebacker

Remaining scum options are DE, CB, DT.

I don't know what most of this means or if it will help, but I wanted it all in one place.
-Susan Ertz

rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:16 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

ok night two we gained 50 yards. that means it was either a fullback or a running back. i am assuming that if inhim was that person then the QB would have defended him much more.
two runningbacks? i highly doubt having two of them. but we were proved wrong with horror being a WR. Knee jerk reaction says that we have 1 running back and a fullback.

well i think everyone should say this:
if i were the QB i did not pass or hand the ball off to inhim night 2.

if the QB did do it they have to come forward and keep us from mis-lynching.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:19 am

Post by Mariyta »

There are only two options for inHim to have been thrown to N2. A) LL did it, or B) the QB isn't paying attention. And I'm pretty sure LL has already said he didn't do it.
-Susan Ertz

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:25 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

rajrhcpfreak wrote:two runningbacks? i highly doubt having two of them. but we were proved wrong with horror being a WR. Knee jerk reaction says that we have 1 running back and a fullback.
C'mon man...

Coach Travis dying makes it very unlikely we have a fullback.

Also, the QB doesn't choose who to hand the ball off to, they just hand it off. So, QB confirmation of a running back HAS to be via throwing them a pass, like a WR.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:30 am

Post by Mariyta »

I'm starting to think a mass claim might be needed. Yes, I want to protect the QB, but if they die tonight, we lose any results they may have. We have 5 days til deadline, and I don't feel like we're any closer to a lynch.
-Susan Ertz

rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:43 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

oh yeah your right about the handing the ball off and the fullback thing. crap.
i still dont know about a two running back game... not many sets use two running backs. 3, 4, & 5 wide are more common.

the question would be, will the QB even survive tonight. its not inhim and its not mari. safe to assume its not me from what ive been saying. that leaves locke, kdub, and jimfinn.
if two of them are scum then they know who the QB is. if one of them is scum which is very likely since mari and inhim claim the same thing then its a 50-50 shot of them injuring the QB tonight, i think its best just to get it over with.
Show

raj's to do list:

2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:45 am

Post by Mariyta »

I think it's up to the QB to decide. He's really the only important role. The others don't matter and we can't trust the claims much, IMO.
-Susan Ertz

jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:54 am

Post by jimfinn »

If I am the QB, I did not pass to inHim or hand the ball off on Night 2
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:56 am

Post by Mariyta »

jimfinn wrote:If I am the QB, I did not pass to inHim or hand the ball off on Night 2
What is your opinion on mass claim?
-Susan Ertz

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

jimfinn wrote:If I am the QB, I did not pass to inHim or hand the ball off on Night 2
Oh for Pete's sake... can you say the same for Mari?
Show

:

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by Mariyta »

inHimshallibe wrote:
Oh for Pete's sake... can you say the same for Mari?
Good question. There is no reason I should be cleared at this point, either. Only the real QB can clear anyone.
-Susan Ertz

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

rajrhcpfreak wrote:i still dont know about a two running back game... not many sets use two running backs. 3, 4, & 5 wide are more common.
Unless you're the Miami Dolphins, not many NFL teams have both their QB and Backup QB on the field at the same time either. You have
a
point, but given what I now know about the setup (I assume Mari is not a VI lying about her role, big leap of faith, I know...) it's just a pointless muddling around [/les miles] of flavor.

Alright, so:
Kdub, jimfinn, raj

raj, this slowplay of yours is really starting to bug me. You don't normally need everything drug out and spelled out to you.
Show

:

rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

umm i usually do.
most teams dont have a backup QB on the field but the game mechanics and how important the QB is, it almost requires it to keep the game from being broken.
and if we dont mass claim then its hard to explain my thought process.
i would like to claim, i think it might help the town. if someone objects then say so now.
Show

raj's to do list: