Callandor
Goon
Callandor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:53 am

Post by Callandor »

Enigma wrote:
gandalf wrote:I'm a lot more suspicious of Enigma now, for reasons that have to do with my role. However, I think that his role(whatever it is, I have no idea) might be able to explain the problem, so I'm not going to vote him just yet. I'll have an eye on him though.
How the fuck does this appear town?

AtE doesn't necessarily mean now, and is unhelpful to town at the very least.
'I'm a lot more suspicious of Enigma now for reasons that have to do with my role' --- he's just fucking hung himself as scum here, in fact as scum gandalf-scum doesn't even mention his role. That's town all the way to his fucking teeth.
WE HAVE TO GO BACK
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:55 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

chesskid3 wrote:Vren is scum how about we all compromise and vote for him? >_<
what changed, you said he could also be 3rd party???
chesskid3 wrote: Vren is scum/third party.

Unvote

Vote: Vren

I don't agree with the vote here, If you vote someone you vote them because you believe they are scum, CK votes Vren noting he could be third party... I feel this is anti-town in itsself.

3rd party lynches only really benefit sdcum as it gets them into the night quietly. I would rather scum hunt than 3rd party hunt...

So CK... do you still think he could be 3rd party or do you now wholey believe he is scum and only scum? if you still think he could be 3rd party, then I question your vote.
Callandor
Callandor
Goon
Callandor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:04 am

Post by Callandor »

jasonT1981 wrote:
chesskid3 wrote:that was irrelevant of me believing you were scum, that was me laughing at Gand's stupidity :P
We
COULD
be scum together, and doing this to distance ourselves ;)
This leaves me feeling uneasy, I feel jokes like this come from scum more often than town.

Jason what made you say this? Also your objection the the vren vote from CK is odd, it's not like it's very easy to distinguish between 3rd party and scum, and he said she's probable scum originally, I don't get your objection.
WE HAVE TO GO BACK
Callandor
Callandor
Goon
Callandor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:06 am

Post by Callandor »

Also I've decided I'm going to be announcing something before the end of this day. This is fucking important, so don't hammer anyone untill I've had a chance to say what I want.
WE HAVE TO GO BACK
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:14 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Call, there is a huge difference between 3rd party and scum. Scum are the ones we are meant to find and lynch... not 3rd party. We find scum first and foremost, then deal with 3rd party afterwards. I seem to find those who push for 3rd party lynches are more likely to be scum as it gives them a safe passage in that day knowing no scum would be lynched.

thats why I would question someone voting someone thinking he could be third party. It takes away from finding scum
Callandor
Callandor
Goon
Callandor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:18 am

Post by Callandor »

3rd party = serial killer, cult, etc etc? I agree selective scumhunting can be a tell, but I don't think ck's guilty of that which is why i'm confused by your line of enquiry.
WE HAVE TO GO BACK
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:36 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Thank for the reaction callandor. I am happy with my vote where it is. Although I want to lynch jason just for the last two post.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:00 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Callandor wrote:3rd party = serial killer, cult, etc etc? I agree selective scumhunting can be a tell, but I don't think ck's guilty of that which is why i'm confused by your line of enquiry.
3rd party can also be survivor, jester, Mentor, to name a few that do not have a killing aspect... the fact you are trying to say 3rd party is exclusivly Seriel killer or anti-town killing/recruiting role is wrong, it is one of the options of third party.. but not restricted to it.

I stand by my comments, lynch scum then deal with any third parties. hunting for, or trying to lynch third party roles is counter-productive to the town win condition of lynching scum
vezokpiraka wrote:Thank for the reaction callandor. I am happy with my vote where it is. Although I want to lynch jason just for the last two post.
Why, because I would rather lynch a scum than third party? My question to CK still stands, if he feels Vezok is/could be third party, would it not be more benificail to look for scum rather than giving them a free pass by lynching someone not scum.

Not all 3rd party roles kill or recruit town
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:02 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Vern not Vezok in the last paragraphy, sorry.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:04 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Hell, in the last game we had a 3rd party lyncher with the goal of lynching a certain scum... that benefits the town. thats why I prefer to hunt and lynch scum over 3rd party.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:04 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Jason/Vren scumteam. Dunno about the 3rd party.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:09 am

Post by Enigma »

Why is everyone so willing to believe Dekes when he has posted shit all in this thread?
It's like you guys already know what he is saying is true.

Someone prod the mod please so he can start prodding some players.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:12 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Callandor wrote:
Also I've decided I'm going to be announcing something before the end of this day. This is fucking important, so don't hammer anyone untill I've had a chance to say what I want.
Inb4 Callandor claims miller during twilight
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:22 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

What the hell are you talking about twilight and hammers? the highest wagon is still at Lynch -4.

CK you keep spouting X & Y are scum yet have actually provied little cases on anyone... cases please for all those you suspect as scum. And it better not be OMGUS.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:29 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Seeing as neither person I have called as scum is voting me for, it clearly isn't OMGUS. Nice try, though.

Jason/Vren confirmed for scumteam.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:42 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Again, I ask for your case on all you say are scum.

Me
Vren
Dekes

And OMGUS can also be attacking those who attack you regardless of voting... I have attacked you and you say I am scum.. thats OMGUS
Callandor
Callandor
Goon
Callandor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:18 am

Post by Callandor »

Enigma wrote:Why is everyone so willing to believe Dekes when he has posted shit all in this thread?
It's like you guys already know what he is saying is true.

Someone prod the mod please so he can start prodding some players.
His claim is fine for the moment, there's little scum motivation for him to make that claim and a scum census taker is useless, so if he's scum he's prob faking it, and yeah I'm pretty much giving him a free pass for this day as I think he's town at the moment.
Do you not believe him then?

@ CK, no.
WE HAVE TO GO BACK
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:55 am

Post by Enigma »

I'm uneasy about believing him when he has contributed nothing else which allows us to judge if he is scum or town. Shouldn't all townies be?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:22 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Uh, no, Dekes is town. Nice try. Also Jason's last post is a "wow look at everyone who you have said is scum EVER so many people clearly they're not scum therefore I'm not scum"....it's the classic OH HEY LOOK THEY'RE DOING IT TOO defense.

Jason or Vren wagon please?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:35 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Jason or Vren case please?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:35 am

Post by chesskid3 »

RTFT
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:43 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Chesskid wrote:@MoI. Be afraid. Be very afraid. No, not really. I view making lists as a scumtell, but warning people away from being blown up is _actually_ useful, since if someone gets blown up, we're at a huge disadvantage (I mean scum aren't going to get blown up. They just aren't)
Clearly making sure people aren’t ‘hatched’ is important. That said why do you assume scum aren’t going to get blown up? Do you think Reck will protect them? Do you think Town has less reason to pay attention to the thread than scum?
Callandor wrote:Also I've decided I'm going to be announcing something before the end of this day. This is fucking important, so don't hammer anyone untill I've had a chance to say what I want.
What could you possibly have to say that could benefit from waiting til the end of Day. If it is important you shouldn’t be waiting.
Gandalf wrote:Vezok is pretty easy to read. I would say with near 100% certainty that he is town.
Really? I find his VI play increadibly hard to read. The only time I’ve readily been able to easily figure his alignment is in Season 1 when he pulled a stupid, obvious gambit.
Gandalf wrote:I'm a lot more suspicious of Enigma now, for reasons that have to do with my role. However, I think that his role(whatever it is, I have no idea) might be able to explain the problem, so I'm not going to vote him just yet. I'll have an eye on him though.
If this is straying into the use of role to mean Character (and thus flavor) you are earning my vote immediately.
Vren wrote:I'm just wondering why the issue needed to be highlighted and questioned if you were going to conclude he was town anyway, as most people seem to have done. It stood out to me because of the wording; like, you asked, but you answered before anyone else did, so it wasn't like you were gauging reactions, but instead like you were maybe asking so as to have something to ask.
The issue needed to be highlighted because it is worth discussing. A PR based claim so early Day 1 isn’t usually a good idea. And if it leads to a Town read on said claimer (Dekes in this case) I want everyone’s opinion out in the open early on that. Leaving it unspoken just leaves room for someone to later say they didn’t find it a Town move.

Outside of Newbie games there is ZERO reason (outside of PR based gambits which should not be being run Day 1 anyway) to ask a question of everyone that you aren’t willing to answer first. We don’t have ICs in Theme games.

This reminds me … I have to go back and see who didn’t post their reactions so far.

@ jasonT, chesskid3, gandalf5166
– Did you purposely not respond to my Census / Dekes queston or did I miss it in my review?
Enigma wrote:Why so serious MoI?
Clearly Mafia is serious business. Don’t you know that already? Sigh …
Enigma wrote:Gandalf, are you glad vezo came back after disappearing from the site?
What scum-hunting purpose does this serve?
Enigma wrote:I posted that purely fishing for a reaction, as you can see for many of my posts in the game thus far.
Given your ISO is fairly content light and filled to the brim with pointless sarcasm what reaction were you expecting?
Enigma wrote:I'm uneasy about believing him when he has contributed nothing else which allows us to judge if he is scum or town. Shouldn't all townies be?
You are a little worked up worrying about information we aren’t really going to use until several days down the line. The post screams “I want Town cred and I want everyone to see how Town I am by questioning this”

Happy where my vote is right now.
Toon Fighter wrote:Callandor, you seem overly defensive. When you were called on your fleff, you immediatly tried to deflect it to others and call THEM out. That is not townie
I looked back. You didn’t comment when Enigma basically did the same thing. Why not?

@ Vezo 212-215
– What scum-hunting purpose do you see in “blowing up the Mod”? And you do know he could just edit a vote count into 215 if he wanted, right?
Vezo wrote:Where did I promised content????
I never promise content.
Why not? Do you intend to once again be a VI player this game?
Vezo wrote:I quit th site because of an ongoing game. People started making posts about how bad I play didn't vote me and didn't do anything. I quit the site because I didn't want anything like that to happen again. Then I came back and decided to never join a game with those people again.
So people commenting on your bad play inspired you to not improve your play but not play with meanies?
AGar wrote:I was merely noting with MoI that he's a conniving bastard who looks really town when he isn't.
Precursor to ‘Too Townie’ fallacy noted.

In all seriousness what do you want people to draw from this? If I look Town I should be suspected? If I don’t look Town I probably am? I’d really like to see what your statement meant in terms of gameplay here in Season 2.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:45 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

chesskid3 wrote:RTFT
What?

@MOI - I must have missed your census question, can you repeat it and I will try to answer the best I can.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:46 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Scum aren't going to be stupid and get blown up.
Can you quote your question about Dekes, I missed it.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:50 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

@CK, what did you mean by RTFT?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”