jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Dekes.. I have said multiple times I feel CK is town but very misguided so trying to frame him? umm no..

Also, How can CK be so sure of a vig?
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Vigging me would not be a good idea. I'm just going to say that.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Especially since, as I've already said, targeting me PERIOD is probably not a very good idea. You could end up converting me, and I'd rather not flip alignments AND die all in one fell swoop.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by dramonic »

Gandalf, if you could stop attempting to draw a map for the scum to recruit you it'd be very appreciated.
I support the vigging of the pseudo-weirdo-traitorous oddity
I would also support the players not mass-claiming more if at all possible
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

|
|
|
|
|
|

chesskid3 (1): gandalf5166
Enigma (1): MagnaofIllusion
gandalf5166 (1): Toon Fighter
Vren (2): dramonic, chesskid3
vezokpiraka (1): jasonT1981
Callandor (3): Enigma, AGar, vezokpiraka
Toon Fighter (1): Dekes

Not voting (2): Vren, Callandor

THIS IS THE FIRST AND ONLY WARNING YOU GUYS WILL GET ABOUT THIS:
YOU MAY ONLY BOLD YOUR TEXT. CHANGING SIZE OR COLOR WILL RESULT IN A MODKILL.
I AM NOT FUCKING AROUND. KTHX.

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is November 24th at 6:00PM.
green shirt thursdays
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

I can't be vigged. Just don't try. Sorry. I'D actually like to be vigged, since I've already caught all the scum, and thus I think it would really suck if I got recruited, but it won't work. And it would be a REALLY bad idea. Just trust me.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Gandelf, why do you have your vote still on CK, he is most likely town
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

No, he's scum. But not as scum as Enigma or Callandor after my claim, true. And yes, I think that the obvious town reaction is to want to vig me. Just trust me(I realize that you have no reason to), it's a BAD idea.
VOTE: Callandor
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Do you feel CKs posts were an attempt to direct a Vig kill?
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

He did say VIG GANDALF a few times..........
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

MOD wrote:YOU MAY ONLY BOLD YOUR TEXT. CHANGING SIZE OR COLOR WILL RESULT IN A MODKILL.
I AM NOT FUCKING AROUND. KTHX.
@RECK
– I’d like to confirm before I go to make a VC Analysis at some point that using Red and Blue color would result in a Modkill based on the above statement. Because I don’t want to blow myself up in a non-Hatch manner for doing what I consider standard operating procedure (if I survive long enough, that is).
Jason wrote:@MOI - I must have missed your census question, can you repeat it and I will try to answer the best I can.
Chess wrote:Can you quote your question about Dekes, I missed it.
Gandalf wrote:I must have missed it.
Here is my original question for those of you not reading for content –
Posted by MoI, again wrote:@EVERYONE – What do you think of Dekes’ claim and use of a 1-Shot Census immediately Day 1?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chess wrote:Scum aren't going to be stupid and get blown up.
Again – why do you think Town players are more likely to not pay attention to the thread and get blown up?
Jason wrote:Also, How can CK be so sure of a vig?
Name the last Mini Theme game you played that didn’t have a Vig of some sort. And filter out any games that have very specialized set-ups. Even in a Mini game Vigs are pretty standard balancing material.

This absolutely looks like soft fishing, as others have mentioned.
Gandalf wrote:I did mean my character. Not sure why it's vote-worthy though.
Do you think you are special and beautiful snowflake and everyone needs to repeat themselves for you? Because this constant not-paying-attention is getting old.

Claiming you character name in an attempt to clear yourself as Town in this game is scumtastic. Once again Lost Season 1 had scum of Jack and Claire.

Regarding Gandalf’s claim
– I really, REALLY hate unpressured claims out of no-where. Which is just what this is. That said -

Gandalf is claiming some sort of twist on a PGO. He’s indicating that by having a power used on him he can possibly change alignments to scum. It appears only one specific role has the ability to ‘convert’ him based on 315.

We pretty much have to treat this claim as a Miller claim. We lynch Gandalf if his day-play looks like scum and the day before expected LYLO we give serious thought to whether he needs to be policy lynched for the fake-claim as scum possibilities.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

If Dekes is telling the truth, then I feel it is a good idea to use it right away to find out what the setup is.. however I do question it slightly, the census came in lost season 1 (how they found Ethan) and was done by Hurley, not season 2.

If I had the ability I would have used it right away, because if I waited and I got NKed or vigged or whatever, it would have been info that town could not use
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Also yes, I concede to your point I cant remember the last mini without a vig.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

I think that unless we recieve some definitive proof that Dekes is lying about his census(Example: we get more than one TP flip), he's off-limits. As for him using his ability, I would have done the same. Obviously, I'm the balancing factor to that, and it would have been really useful to town if he had saved it for later so that he could know if I was recruited(if he had gotten the same 2-1-9 results later, it would have basically cleared me since there's gotta be more than one scum at game start, and if he had gotten 3-1-8 or the equivalent for that phase in the game, it would have confirmed I had been recruited, since 4 potential scum is a little OP), but there's no use crying over spilled milk. Although the mere fact that there was a role with a census ability should have all but confirmed there was a traitor-esque role. The only game I've been in with a census-taker and no traitor was dramonic's Alphabet Mafia.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

I have never seen a census taker. Don't think I had heard of it either until this game.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Yeah basically what everyone else said. Use it early.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

"Again – why do you think Town players are more likely to not pay attention to the thread and get blown up?"
Because scum getting blown up would be hated by their buddies 4eva lololol
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:25 pm

Post by AGar »

jasonT1981 wrote:Also yes, I concede to your point I cant remember the last mini without a vig.
I was in 1007 with no vig.

Callandor, when you decide to stop posting like a blithering idiot, I'll start addressing you like you're older than 12. But I seriously doubt it right now. I also doubt your reading comprehension, as I clearly said that your contradiction was voting someone for being scummy for posting only fluff when all of your posts were fluff. Fluff is a post that contributes nothing to the game, like pegging lurkers out with votes or saying "I'm going to claim later" or talking about what season is your favorite, all 3 of which are things you've done. All three of these, conveniently are also scum-driven tactics to avoid from actually getting your hands dirty.

So got an issue, scum?

Callandor wagon needs more votes.

@MoI
The mention was thus: Often times I play games where by the end of D1 or right around mid-D2, people start saying "This player is obvtown." And they ignore them. Sometimes these reasons are meta-related, sometimes they are not. Often times I don't even bother with that, because the pseudo-reliable town-tell was off the wall distancing, which - if you've read any of my scum games - is a very big scum-habit of mine
because
it gets me cleared as town very easily. A heavy bus in most games (as in, I don't even wait for someone to hint suspicion, I just take the first thing I find and run with it) gets me cleared pretty early as scum. And then no one looks back. I can coast. You tend to look very pro-town in games I've played with you. And I made the mistake once of pegging you as town, when you were in fact 3rd party. It was a reminder to both myself and the rest of the game that you can't just turn a blind eye once someone does one thing that seems incredibly townie, because that's a golden opportunity for scum.

Gandalf should be vigged.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:27 pm

Post by AGar »

EBWOP:
AGar wrote:Only actual game related content I find is discussing Jason's MO.
This line was largely ignored whenever someone has attacked my FoS. Figured I should point it out, as that was partially the basis of it.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:00 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

What would you like to discuss, Agar? ask me anything you feel is relevant
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:27 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

unvote
vote jason

Forgot that last time. I just get a bigger and bigger scum vibe from you.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:37 am

Post by chesskid3 »

I'm cool with voting either of Jason or Vren. Which has more support?
Callandor
Callandor
Goon
Callandor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:39 am

Post by Callandor »

AGar wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:Also yes, I concede to your point I cant remember the last mini without a vig.
I was in 1007 with no vig.

Callandor, when you decide to stop posting like a blithering idiot, I'll start addressing you like you're older than 12. But I seriously doubt it right now. I also doubt your reading comprehension, as I clearly said that your contradiction was voting someone for being scummy for posting only fluff when all of your posts were fluff.
So got an issue, scum?
MASSIVE ONE, ACTUALLY. My issue is your terribad play.

If contradictions are from scum, and I comitted a supposed contradiction why didn't you immediately vote me? You waited untill I called you out to vote me for your supposed scumtell? Bullshitting much?

For those playing along at home here's the 'Agar stop calling me an idiot and look up what a contradiction is in the dictionary' timeline. (seriously you're trying to call me out for being hypocritical, not contradicting myself)

My supposed 'contradiction' occurs in post 201
Agar calls me to stop posting fluff in 217 - no mention of my contradiction or why it's scummy, no mention of me being scummy at all.
I point out his double standards
He votes me in 246, citing 'contradictions = scum' now if he fucking believes this why wasn't I scum originally? The real reason? Hesmakingitupashegoes.jpg

I'm not the only one that sees this surely?
Fluff is a post that contributes nothing to the game, like pegging lurkers out with votes or saying "I'm going to claim later" or talking about what season is your favorite, all 3 of which are things you've done. All three of these, conveniently are also scum-driven tactics to avoid from actually getting your hands dirty.
Oh snap, no. You're wrong. None of these are scum driven tactics, keep reaching on them old null tells and twisting them in to scum tells why don't you. You're completely ignoring any town motivation for any of these (apart from the flavour discussion, which when it's only 1 line isn't a scum tactic, and it's ridiculous to suggest it is) and going LOL SCUMTELL. Fucking hell I thought you were a decent player, you're really misguided here and it's laughable.

P.s cut out the fucking ad hom.
WE HAVE TO GO BACK
Callandor
Callandor
Goon
Callandor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:42 am

Post by Callandor »

Stll uncomfortable with jason's reasoning for attacking chesskid. It's like he's looking for a scumtell, found it, and is ignoring all context surrounding said tell.

@ Magna the reason I didn't claim at the start of the day is obvious, it completely disrupts the flow of day 1, I will say what I have to say and don't want a long discussion about it, scum should be kept guessing too. Basically I think day 1's the most important day and things such as early miller claims (not what I am) tend to take the direction of scum-hunting for a while and focus on 'is he or isn't he'
WE HAVE TO GO BACK
Callandor
Callandor
Goon
Callandor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:44 am

Post by Callandor »

Gandalf coming out as he did seems bad play, but not knowing all facets of his role then meh. it's also a nice mirror for the dekes role (and makes the census taker far more likely to be in the game I'd think).
WE HAVE TO GO BACK

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”