Mafia 119: MURDER AT HOTEL DEATH(GAME OVER)

vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by vollkan »

a2rudeboy wrote:(shit, i thought i had posted this up last night)

Claim: VT.

We've already discussed how it's unlikely there are many vanilla roles in this game. I simply don't think there are two left. And the claim i least believe is..

vote:evilpacman
Why do you think there cannot be two vanilla?
a2 wrote: Also, why do we think there's two mafia left instead of one? Just the number of power-heavy town roles?
I've already explained this:
Vollkan wrote: A game with a 13:5 (town:scum) setup has 27.78% scum. The standard normal game has a 9:3 setup, which is 25% scum. If the setup was 14:4, then there'd be 22.2% scum. Since this game appears power-role heavy, it follows that it's even more likely to have a higher proportion of scum than a normal game. Thus, it follows that it is more likely MYLO (5:3) than not (6:2).
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:43 pm

Post by a2rudeboy »

Pacman: Did you read the game when you replaced in?

Volkan: What I was saying, was that given the earlier discussion that was had regarding originalmod's attempting to put strictly VT in the game, and the fact we've already lynched a couple, I would be doubtful that there is more than one vt (myself) left in the game. If pacman has a neighborhood alignment or something else to distinguish him from this, now would be the time to mention it. Otherwise, my vote is staying there. Also, it goes without saying i think that vezok was a pretty anti-town slot.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:06 pm

Post by a2rudeboy »

EBWOP: I jumbled up some words. I meant, the originalmod's wish to put mostly non vanilla roles in game
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:56 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Vote Count

evilpacman18(1)
- a2rudeboy
curiouskarmadog(0) -
LynchMePls(0) -
vollkan(0) -
a2rudeboy(0) -
lewarcher82(0) -

Not Voting(5)
- evilpacman18, curiouskarmadog, LynchMePls, volkkan, lewarcher82

With 6 alive, it is 4 to lynch

Deadline: December 5th, 2010, 1:30 AM, Central Standard Time
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:22 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

a2rudeboy wrote:Pacman: Did you read the game when you replaced in?

Volkan: What I was saying, was that given the earlier discussion that was had regarding originalmod's attempting to put strictly VT in the game, and the fact we've already lynched a couple, I would be doubtful that there is more than one vt (myself) left in the game. If pacman has a neighborhood alignment or something else to distinguish him from this, now would be the time to mention it. Otherwise, my vote is staying there. Also, it goes without saying i think that vezok was a pretty anti-town slot.
Me and vollkan asked the same question. Explain the radical difference in responses.
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:37 pm

Post by a2rudeboy »

Pacman- Your question, I felt was more general than Vollkan's. I can count on him having read and followed along the entire game, I am unsure about you as you replaced in when the game was already large. There was a discussion on D1 about how Seraphim was likely to keep the game from having too many Vanilla Townies. I believe at one point it led to disbelief of a VT claim because some were under the impression there were no vanilla roles.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:02 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

still, a lot has happened after that discussion, while you were active lurking. Does the idea of a town with little or no VTs still seems accaptable or even likely to you?

Also: about the number of mafias: you mean that you believe there is only 1 (which, as at least vollkan and I believe, would make the setup a little town-sided) and at the same time you believe tha almost all town roles have special powers? Isn't this a little hard to believe?

Also, if you believe only 1 scum is left, how could it be pacman? I did not shoot and still there was a kill, and pacman was jailed.

Explain, please.
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:52 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

the tracker tracked pac and got a nil.

according to the jailkeeping twins, he was blocked a different night, and there was still a kill.

Pac is a poor choice for a lynch today...the above does not clear him, but he is just not a good lynch.

vote a2rudeboy

also, your reasoning behind your vote is poor.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:55 am

Post by vollkan »

a2 wrote: Volkan: What I was saying, was that given the earlier discussion that was had regarding originalmod's attempting to put strictly VT in the game, and the fact we've already lynched a couple, I would be doubtful that there is more than one vt (myself) left in the game. If pacman has a neighborhood alignment or something else to distinguish him from this, now would be the time to mention it. Otherwise, my vote is staying there. Also, it goes without saying i think that vezok was a pretty anti-town slot.
The game is MYLO and you are willing to lynch somebody based primarily on what, at best, is an educated guess as to the setup?

I'll also point out that up until now you haven't said a single thing alignment wise against either Vezok or pacmna (and even now you are using the word "anti-town" - do you mean that you think vezok/pacman is scummy or not?).
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:05 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

The idea of a town with little or no VT does seem possible to me. Because just about every slot in this game has at least a neighborhood they were a part of, I just simply don't believe there were two more vt out there.

I have been acting under the impression this game was a little town-sided, partially because i believe that none of the four who claimed D1 were scum (I think it would swing far too heavily in scum's favour if one of them was scumz)

unvote
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:57 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

...which has what to do with the fact that you voted pacman and quickly unvoted him? Your unvote is not explained by your post.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:59 am

Post by LimMePls »

I think we need to swing a2.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:18 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

Was not aware I needed to spell out everything:

Recent posts by other people and a re-checking of the tracker role description ( Have not played with one in a while) have led me to take off my vote on pacman.

Better?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:31 pm

so who is a better vote?.....why arent you scum hunting?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by a2rudeboy »

Why are we tunneling on me?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:49 pm

add answering "hard" questions with a deflect to why you are scummy list.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:51 pm

answer the questions, if you are really town and want us to believe you are trying to find scum..answer the questions.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by a2rudeboy »

Who is a better vote? I'm not sure.
I don't think any of the neighbors (CKD, Lewarcher replacing Pom) are scummy spots as I've already said.
I believed LMP and Volkan's claim.
Pac apparaently can't be scum because of the mentioned reasons.
I'm town.

So, that would lead, I guess to LMP and Volkan. I haven't got anything less than from major town from volkan, but looking at his play style, it seems even if he was scum, he would be hard to catch in a slip up. I've had my doubts about LMP for parts of the game, a lot of it based on his overenthusiastic wish to get me lynched.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by vollkan »

a2rudeboy wrote:Who is a better vote? I'm not sure.
I don't think any of the neighbors (CKD, Lewarcher replacing Pom) are scummy spots as I've already said.
I believed LMP and Volkan's claim.
Pac apparaently can't be scum because of the mentioned reasons.
I'm town.

So, that would lead, I guess to LMP and Volkan. I haven't got anything less than from major town from volkan, but looking at his play style, it seems even if he was scum, he would be hard to catch in a slip up. I've had my doubts about LMP for parts of the game, a lot of it based on his overenthusiastic wish to get me lynched.
This doesn't make any sense.

You say you don't think any of the neighbours are scum, and you say you believe me and LMP's claim, but yet you go on to say that we are scum by elimination. On what basis can you eliminate CKD and lewarcher from suspicion based, it seems, purely on their claims, but yet also keep myself and LMP as suspects?
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by a2rudeboy »

I'm trying to say, I have no suspects. And am really unsure what to do at this point in the game.
I believe that none of the neighbors are scum more than I believe your guys' claim So if i'm being pressured to scumhunt and put down a vote, it will end up being one of you two.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by vollkan »

a2rudeboy wrote:I'm trying to say, I have no suspects. And am really unsure what to do at this point in the game.
I believe that none of the neighbors are scum more than I believe your guys' claim So if i'm being pressured to scumhunt and put down a vote, it will end up being one of you two.
That's a reasonable position, insofar as everybody can justifiably vote anybody else over themselves.

However, you still haven't answered the key point from my question in the previous post: why do their claims clear them, but not ours? What's the point of distinction?

If I ask you why you believe LMP and I are more likely to be scum, it's just begging the question to say "I believe that CKD and lewarcher are more likely to be town".
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by a2rudeboy »

I was trying to elaborate on how I've come to this position and why I do not have vote down. I haven't completely eliminated anyone, just saying (again) I believed all the neighbors to be town, and CKD / Lewarcher's claims have already been backed in the thread numerous times.

You guys are more likely to be scum, because your claim is dependent on each other...at this point the scum possibilities as far as i see are CKD and Lewarcher (highly unlikely) a combination of one of ckd / lewarcher and one of volkan / LMP (possible, but i still dont think if there are 5 scum in this game, they need the added kill) or Volk / LMP. I see LMP as the scummiest player so far, so this is the avenue i have to follow, yes?

vote: LMP
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:52 pm

Post by vollkan »

a2rudeboy wrote:I was trying to elaborate on how I've come to this position and why I do not have vote down. I haven't completely eliminated anyone, just saying (again) I believed all the neighbors to be town, and CKD / Lewarcher's claims have already been backed in the thread numerous times.

You guys are more likely to be scum, because your claim is dependent on each other...at this point the scum possibilities as far as i see are CKD and Lewarcher (highly unlikely) a combination of one of ckd / lewarcher and one of volkan / LMP (possible, but i still dont think if there are 5 scum in this game, they need the added kill) or Volk / LMP. I see LMP as the scummiest player so far, so this is the avenue i have to follow, yes?

vote: LMP
If you see LMP as scummiest, then yes. But I have looked over your ISO briefly and I can't find anywhere where you express suspicion of LMP. And the point that you say in your previous post "a lot of it based on his overenthusiastic wish to get me lynched" would seem to have applied equally to Jack who, if anything, was much more enthusiastic than LMP.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:06 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

mod: Votecount please
It only takes 4 to lynch, so I think you should post a VC on every page, to make sure that everyone knows the meaning of single votes.

a2rudeboy: I think that you should comment on what happened while you was lurking. A whole day passed. A scum was lynched. A lot of people have being discussing your alignment.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:00 am

Post by LimMePls »

You're not helping yourself a2. That is a massive ball of indecision and bad logic (I don't think the neighbors have scum, and I believe LMP/Vollkan claim, I guess I'll vote LMP), followed by placing a vote only to appease the people pressuring you. I'd vote you if I wasn't worried about a Vollkan/CKD team.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”