Newbie 1013(GAME OVER!|Scum win!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by nameloc1986 »

mikemike778 wrote:
Name

Can't think of much on him to be honest. Not sure why whacking a 4th vote on Holy is so incriminating when he was the 2nd person to do it. Probably scum therefore. Whats with this 'sudden opportunistic hammer bollocks' though .. she was on L1 for about 2 days wasn't she? How's that opportunistic ?
2 days out of 3 weeks isn't a whole lot when we had over a week left.
Town Record: 2 - 3
Scum Record: 1 - 0
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

well if we get the wrong guy, then we lose. Unless of course there is a doctor, which gets lucky and saves someone.
Off to class
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by nameloc1986 »

True but if we NO LYNCH, we'll still be in LyLo anyway and in the same boat. We still need to try and do the best we can. We'll always have the doctor's claim if push comes to shove. I say we can NO LYNCH as a last resort.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:56 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

MikeMike wrote: was looking more and more like scum every time she posted and you knew I just wanted to give her some time to defend herself before making the vote - and it never occurred to you that a hammer might occur. Really ?
Hooraaaaaaay! MikeMike! An excellent point :D
I also generally agree with your observation about ACM.
Nameloc wrote: How was I giving her a free pass?
You've never remotely gone after her, even a little?? And suggested, in so many words, more that she might not be scum being as she always lurks and less that she could be scum and no doubt lurks as scum -and- town. Perhaps that was only how I had read it.
Name wrote:
Ant wrote: VOTE: No Lynch
uhhh......why?
I think it's cause he wants to hurry and get to night time...so that he can kill more people.

So's, basically I'm thinking it's Ant/ACM or Ant/Name, although I can't rule out MAD just yet, seeing as she lurks so hard.

Ant plays a lot friendlier game as town too I've noticed. Whereas this game, he's not being abrasive or anything, but he's just kinda been hanging around without much "jovial-ness". If you look at his games, he's sounds a lot friendlier and happier in his town games than his scum game.

Name wrote: We'll always have the doctor's claim if push comes to shove. I say we can NO LYNCH as a last resort.
Your last post confuses me. Doing the best we can should include getting a claim now? Or choosing a lynch without getting the claim? In your mind, what kind of situation would have us in a "last resort" scenario?
Ant wrote: well if we get the wrong guy, then we lose. Unless of course there is a doctor, which gets lucky and saves someone.
MikeMike is new, but appears to have a relatively solid grip on things at this point. This was probably only helpful for Mad, who might not have been aware of that, cause she pays so little attention.

I also like that some of my behavior has bothered him. That could be expected and is sounds believable coming from him.

Doc claiming today is the best play. I don't even want to go into why (to avoid discussing scum strategy).

The doctor should claim
The later you claim today, the less likely I will be to believe you. If the scum did submit a no-kill, with the plan of claiming doctor later, then they probably would draw it out here and wait a bit, as it would seem more reasoned and more legitimate, thinking or worried more that they wouldn't be convincing if they jumped up and raised their hand right away.
Nameloc wrote: We'll always have the doctor's claim if push comes to shove
And actually, while ACM is spotting soft-claims, was this one?
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:00 am

Post by Civil Scum »

EBWOP/Clarification:

"I also like that some of my behavior has bothered him. That could be expected and is sounds believable coming from him."
Talking about MikeMike

"And actually, while/since ACM is interested in spotting cop-claims..."
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:01 am

Post by Civil Scum »

EBWOP of EDBWOP-1:

intersted in spotting soft-claims
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:15 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

When I said NO LYNCH as a last resort, I meant if it felt like there was absolutely no other way. A lack of confidence if you will. The problem with a doctor claim is that if we mislynch, the nightkill will be drawn to the doctor and there will be no way for the townies to win. The doctor is our only chance of making it into the next round if we mislynch.
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:57 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Friendlier? I thought I was a jerk to Cloudocean >_>

And thinking about your points, yeah, a No Lynch is actually not going to help in our case. I think it is safe to say there are some obvious possible night kills that will give the town no information. UNVOTE: No Lynch

I'm going to say it is Mike/Name or Mike/Civil at this point. I still feel like his hammer was opportunistic.
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:23 am

Post by AClockworkMelon »

If there's a doc in the game it's MAD. We've all been screaming for the doc to claim and the reason the doc hasn't claimed is because the doc hasn't been paying attention to the game.

Unless someone counterclaims I'm going to say that as far as I can tell we have tantamount to confirmed town.
"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast." Oscar Wilde
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:24 am

Now we need to get her ass here so we can find out who she protected and get our second confirmed town.
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:33 am

Post by mikemike778 »

Aren't there some stats to tell us whats the best thing to do here probabilty wise ? There's been 1000 + newbie games surely this is a fairly standard position to be in.
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:38 am

Post by mikemike778 »

AClockworkMelon wrote:We've all been screaming for the doc to claim
????

Civil has been screaming for a claim - that's about it as far as I can see. Name and Ant both seem to be suggesting that a doc shouldn't claim and no one else had ventured an opinion.

So that's 1-2 against a doc claim.
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:29 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

I say keeping the doc's identity a secret is better than having him/her out him/herself. If the doc claims, then we HAVE to to lynch scum or else we (townies) lose. However, as long as the scum doesn't know the identity of the doc, then there is a chance that we can mislynch and still go to another round. Either way is a gamble. I think I have a suspicion as to who the doc is anyway.

Instead of trying to out the doc let's try and lynch scum for a change!
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:37 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Maybe ACM is telling his scum buddy, Mad, to go ahead and spring the trap! [/mere speculation]
MikeMike wrote: Aren't there some stats to tell us whats the best thing to do here probabilty wise ?
Probably there are, but as far as I understand it, a lot of stats remain uncompiled. I remember seeing a thread once about some original gangsta who was workign on a program. It would be difficult... we need personal computers with AI. Soon...Intel, Microsoft- come on you lazy bums!

However, statistics are different from probabilities. Probilities might be roughly determined, though unknown/uncertain variables exist in any game played by humans.

Name: Maybe, maybe. I'm really thinking Ant, though I'm planning a massive read through in the next day or two when I have the time. See if anything comes up. Also just occured to me that the person the Doc protected could very easily be someone who has died by now. :(
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:42 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Ant: That one instance is rather unconvincing for me.

But, what exactly, are you saying? Are you saying that you've been unfriendly or mean as town too? So you admit you haven't been very friendly this game?
MAD Scientist
MAD Scientist
Townie
MAD Scientist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by MAD Scientist »

Civil Scum wrote:Doc claiming today is the best play. I don't even want to go into why (to avoid discussing scum strategy).

The doctor should claim
The later you claim today, the less likely I will be to believe you. If the scum did submit a no-kill, with the plan of claiming doctor later, then they probably would draw it out here and wait a bit, as it would seem more reasoned and more legitimate, thinking or worried more that they wouldn't be convincing if they jumped up and raised their hand right away.
So, when I think that scum did a no-kill to trick us, I'm being stupid, but when you finally come up with it, it's clever. How interesting.

Sorry, folks, I'm not the doc!

Does it appear to anyone else that Clock has been baiting Civil?
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

|
:

MAD Scientist[0]
Civil Scum[0]
nameloc1986[0]
mikemike778[0]
Ant_to_the_max [1] Civil Scum

AClockworkMelon [0]

:
|
Not Voting
|
:

MAD Scientist, nameloc1986, mikemike778, Ant_to_the_Max, AcolckworkMelon

:
|
Amount to Lynch
|
:

With 6 Alive it is 4 to Lynch.

:
|
Deadline
|
:

Midnight of November 26th

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:37 pm

MAD Scientist wrote:Does it appear to anyone else that Clock has been baiting Civil?
I can imagine it seeming like I'm baiting Civil to someone who's still catching up with the events of day one.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:01 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Mad wrote: So, when I think that scum did a no-kill to trick us, I'm being stupid, but when you finally come up with it, it's clever. How interesting.
First of fuckin all, ACM was the one who used the term "stupidity", second of all, I mentioned it earlier, and have been aware of the possibility since it happened.
Mad wrote: Does it appear to anyone else that Clock has been baiting Civil?
Baiting, no. Buddying/encouraging/goading me to continue after you and Ant, yes.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:08 pm

I've been accused of buddying before and each time it's been eyeroll inducing. And since when have I been goading you to go after MAD? Earlier I suggested that I thought MAD was town. When you're both done misrepping me you can continue with your scheduled broadcasts.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:20 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Oh sorry, I was trying to get my first prod ever, in any game. Ahhh... God Damn it!

Still reading, it's a slow ticker, busy, curious why the scums havent posted lately.

Misrepping? Jiggah wha what?
ACM wrote: [After all,] Earlier I suggested that I thought MAD was town.
"Suggested that you thought" eh? ...interesting. Granted, encouraging me in my ranting aginast Ant and Mad AND also suggesting that MAD is scum, would be the "most effective" encouraging/goading. While, only doing the first, but not the second would be the sneakiest.
ACM wrote:
LOLOLOL

Wow you guys.
Times like these, just recently.
ACM wrote: I'm trying to figure out if Ant and MAD are scum or just stupid. Then there's Civil, who might be trying to drum up their stupidity as scumminess.
Is this suggesting that MAD is a townie? What is this besides waffling?
ACM wrote: If there's a doc in the game it's MAD. We've all been screaming for the doc to claim and the reason the doc hasn't claimed is because the doc hasn't been paying attention to the game.
This as well could be buddying. The question of whether or not it is, is not a matter of mis-repping, but a matter of appearances and perception. Between which there is a fine line (mis-rep and perception). As there is between types of buddying and honest agreement. Or other types of agreement and friendliness/silliness.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:12 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Ant wrote: Are you saying that you've been unfriendly or mean as town too? So you admit you haven't been very friendly this game?
Ant, are you avoiding this, or pleading the 5th amendment?

Why do you propose the Doc not claim? You haven't explained why
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:37 am

Civil Scum wrote:
ACM wrote: [After all,] Earlier I suggested that I thought MAD was town.
"Suggested that you thought" eh? ...interesting.
Remember when I suggested that MAD was the doc?
Civil wrote:
ACM wrote:
LOLOLOL

Wow you guys.
Times like these, just recently.
I hadn't posted yet that day. When I arrived in the thread it was to see you having a meltdown. Bet your ass it was funny. I'm not going to tiptoe around what I say because it might be interpreted by overeager players as buddying.
Civil wrote:
ACM wrote: I'm trying to figure out if Ant and MAD are scum or just stupid. Then there's Civil, who might be trying to drum up their stupidity as scumminess.
Is this suggesting that MAD is a townie? What is this besides waffling?
When did I say that this was an example of my suggesting that MAD was town? Town players don't typically have an interest in arguing disingenuously, Civil. I particularly like that this quoted post is an example of me doing the opposite of buddying with you.
Civil wrote:
ACM wrote: If there's a doc in the game it's MAD. We've all been screaming for the doc to claim and the reason the doc hasn't claimed is because the doc hasn't been paying attention to the game.
This as well could be buddying.
Now it's my turn to ask if you're fucking kidding me.

So every time I say that I think Player A or Player B is town I'm buddying with them? GTFO.

VOTE: Civil
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:38 am

I've got to post more about that last bit. It's such a fucking joke.

I even
insulted
MAD in the last half of the quoted post.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 am

Post by Civil Scum »

ACM wrote: Remember when I suggested that MAD was the doc?
Remember when MAD said she wasn't the doctor?

If you thought someone was town, mainly for believing they're the doctor, then a lot of that should go out the window when they deny it.

You're waffling, all over the place, all game. Hello Ant's partner.
ACM wrote: We've all been screaming for the doc to claim
The last part was buddying because of this, which, as pointed out, was only true of me, and possibly you.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”