Mini 1082 (Guns and Ropes: Midland): An Unfaithful Ending.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by charter »

I didn't notice moose ignoring you and Enigma.

Man, last game I was in, on page three I gave two reads of people as scum. One I said was 100% and one was 99.5%. Both were scum.
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by gonnano »

Unlikely is not the same as impossible. If that was a mini, you'll get the same result about once every sixteen to thirty-six times you try it just by picking randomly. One success doesn't make uninformed guessing effective.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by gonnano »

What made LMP's absence of comment more noticeable to you than moose's?
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by jimfinn »

LynchMePls wrote:
Rabies wrote:Do you have anything to say about the jimfinn/charter/Mizzy/Enigma thing?
Shhhh. I'm scum hunting.
This seems intended to drive home the point that he is indeed scum hunting, which appears to be trying too hard to be town.
LynchMePls wrote:
charter wrote:
gonnano wrote:
LMP has been ignoring most of everything, and it really stands out that he has no comment on these two.
So far you're the only person who has chosen to interpret my criticism of Rabies as a defense of Enigma. Why single out LMP when no one else has commented about it either?
I think Macavity is interpreting it similar to myself, and I singled LMP because he hasn't mentioned Enigma at all (which most people have) and hasn't mentioned you, which is bad for him, since you're scum.
What are you smoking? I just asked him a question to probe him on this specific issue. How on earth is that not mentioning him?

I think gonnano is an excellent wagon, because this:
gonnano wrote:Because a.) he's already getting pressure for it from other people and b.) I need to see more of his posting style before I can make a judgment call on whether or not it was scummy for him to say that.
is a terrible response to my question.

@gonnano: Is there such a thing as too much pressure? If you want to see more of his posting style, shouldn't you apply MORE pressure?

I haven't commented on the Enigma business because it looks silly to me.
I also find it suspicious, despite his defense, that he refused to vote gonnano in applying pressure until he was called out for not voting him.

UNVOTE: VOTE: LMP
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by charter »

Alright, yeah, jimfinn/gonnano/Enigma.
What made LMP's absence of comment more noticeable to you than moose's?
I don't know. I noticed one, and not the other. I didn't scour everyone's posts in isolation with a checklist.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

LynchMePls wrote:
charter wrote:What about it looks silly to you? Do you know what Enigma thinks about anyone in this game?
Mizzy wrote:Enigma, I have to say I'm not fond of your responses. I can see a glimmer of why you have zero town wins.
StrangerCoug wrote:*scoff* "I can't help the fact that I never win as town." Yes you can. This comes off as absolving yourself of any responsibility for scumhunting.
These are the silly points. All this stuff about how many wins someone has and why that should be cause for a lynch is nonsense. I find the stuff about the jimfinn bandwagon vote more compelling.
I am not on the Enigma wagon because he never wins. I am on the Enigma wagon because he seems to be using the fact that he never does as town as an excuse not to scumhunt.

And please answer my inquiry here. I'm not saying anything about it either way just yet; I just want to know your frame of mind when you posted this.
StrangerCoug wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:
Rabies wrote:Do you have anything to say about the jimfinn/charter/Mizzy/Enigma thing?
Shhhh. I'm scum hunting.
Hmm? What's with this?
FoS: LynchMePlz
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by charter »

Jimfinn's vote there was just awful. He claims that LMP "refused" to vote for gonnano until called out. I don't see him show how LMP "refused", when I read the thread, it looked to me like LMP just didn't or forgot. Just another layer of the Enigma/jimfinn/gonnano scumfecta.
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by jimfinn »

Refused may have been a little stronger than the word I was looking for, perhaps neglected or chose not to helps to clarify my meaning.
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
Rabies
Rabies
Townie
Rabies
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by Rabies »

Sorry for the really long post, everybody. :(

gonnano
moose200x wrote:That is correct.

Does anyone know why this bandwagon is rolling?

P.S. All aboard the lynch train!
gonnano wrote:As far as which tells can be trusted at the beginning of the game, I would say that the best strategy with such limited information is to look for people who are using shaky logic and seem to have the main goal of trying to get someone lynched soon rather than finding scum.
moose's post seems to match up pretty well with the scumtell you describe in the quoted post (it didn't look like he made much of an attempt to hide it, either). Care to tell us why he didn't get even so much as an FoS from you? Or do your scumtells just not apply to people on your team?
gonnano wrote:Here, let me post the sum total of everything that jimfinn had said.
That's all of what jim said, but not all of what
everyone
said up to that point.
gonnano wrote:There's only so much room for analysis in that. What else could Enigma have brought up?
I don't know. If everything obvious has already been said, why not come up with something... not obvious? I tried doing that with Mizzy.
What's with the white knighting here?
gonnano wrote:It looks to me like you might have voted Enigma because the third person on a bandwagon is an easy target because of the rule of thumb (read "commonly accepted fallacy") about that spot being scummy.
I'm not sure what you're referring to here.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug wrote:I am not on the Enigma wagon because he never wins. I am on the Enigma wagon because he seems to be using the fact that he never does as town as an excuse not to scumhunt.
Is that really your only reason for your Enigma vote? This seems a bit vague and unconvincing to me.

Mizzy

I see that your vote is still on jimfinn. Do you still think he's scum? If so, why?

moose200x's strange post (post 69) gives me a "bus" feeling. What reasonable townie would be calling for a lynch this early? And what reasonable mafia would be calling for a town lynch this early?

Both gonnano's white knighting and StragerCoug's questionable vote on Enigma are really shaking my confindence in my Enigma scumread.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: gonnano
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by Mizzy »

I don't like unvoting and revoting until I have a reason either way. Honestly, I am waiting for people to START FUCKING ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS before I decide.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:39 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Rabies wrote:
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug wrote:I am not on the Enigma wagon because he never wins. I am on the Enigma wagon because he seems to be using the fact that he never does as town as an excuse not to scumhunt.
Is that really your only reason for your Enigma vote? This seems a bit vague and unconvincing to me.
It's what I have on him right now, yes. It's not unusual for me to have just a basic case on someone.

Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:54 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

UNVOTE; VOTE:Moose

A wagon of victorious measures!

I also do not care for Gonnano.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:34 pm

Post by moose200x »

Mizzy wrote:I don't like unvoting and revoting until I have a reason either way. Honestly, I am waiting for people to START FUCKING ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS before I decide.

Please, do not be angry.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:54 am

Post by charter »

Riceballtail wrote:
UNVOTE; VOTE:Moose

A wagon of victorious measures!

I also do not care for Gonnano.
So why vote for Moose when the Gonnano wagon is already more victorious?
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:41 am

Post by Mizzy »

I'm waiting for both Enigma and Moose to get off their butts and answer the questions I laid out for them. If I don't see answers today, well, can I vote for two people?

That's a joke, son.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:03 am

Post by Enigma »

Just posting to say V/LA until Sunday.
Exams :(
ProkhorZakharov
ProkhorZakharov
Townie
ProkhorZakharov
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:00 am

Post by ProkhorZakharov »

jimfinn wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:
Shhhh. I'm scum hunting.
This seems intended to drive home the point that he is indeed scum hunting, which appears to be trying too hard to be town.
[...]
I also find it suspicious, despite his defense, that he refused to vote gonnano in applying pressure until he was called out for not voting him.
This is the worst post. jimfinn, how about answering my question? Here it is again: Do you think charter's posts were scummy? What about gonnano or moose or enigma?
Enigma wrote:I always scum hunt in my games. I'll just let other endure the insufferable pain of attempting to scum hunt with less than one page of content and do it when there is actually actionable content to act upon.
This is the second worst post. You're not actually hunting scum in this game and there's plenty of content to act upon. According to you, your vote on jimfinn was done as part of an rvs bandwagon. Was it a random vote? Are you happy with your vote?
charter wrote:Man, last game I was in, on page three I gave two reads of people as scum. One I said was 100% and one was 99.5%. Both were scum.
Why are you even telling us this? Are you saying you're 99.5% or 100% sure gonnano is scum?

@moose: Why, exactly, are you voting gonnano? Do you think he's scum?

@gonnano: What's your read on moose? What do you think of Enigma's last posts and overall game so far?
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:33 am

Post by moose200x »

I think gonnano is not going to help town win and I feel a good policy lynch is in place. I'm ok if we don't lynch him tho.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Mizzy »

moose200x wrote:I think gonnano is not going to help town win and I feel a good policy lynch is in place. I'm ok if we don't lynch him tho.
1) Policy lynches are terrible in general and don't help anyone but scum.
2) Lynching someone because they are "not going to help town win" not only sounds too pro-town to me but it, like #1, is also frickin' terrible. That tells me that you don't think he's scum, but you still want him dead. Again, it only helps scum.
3) If you do find him suspicious enough to lynch, how could be okay with not lynching him without having a better candidate in mind?
4) You have yet to answer any of my questions and you have no exams for an excuse. Feels like dodging and not giving a damn about genuine townsfolk discussion.

In light of those points and the dense overtones of pro-scum sentiment in what you've been hacking up:
Unvote. Vote: moose200x

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:34 am

Post by charter »

Yeah, I'm going to have an epic struggle in my head tonight over whether I want to vote Moose which means my reads are going to get shuffled up or if he's just being an idiot.

Policy lynching is definitely protown, but there's no one in here who comes close to deserving one.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:42 am

Post by charter »

PZ brought up something similar, but Jimfinn, I asked you some questions in 20 which you ignored, please answer.
PZ wrote:Why are you even telling us this? Are you saying you're 99.5% or 100% sure gonnano is scum?
Gonnano attacked the certainty I had of my read rather than trying to defend his actions. Then once I called him out on this, he defended, but still went on about the number. What he's doing is trying to weaken my case by saying there's no way I can be as sure as I am of him, and thus my attack on him is disingenuous, rather than respond to my actual points. I showed that example because I didn't want to explain this to him (I wanted to see if he was just going to continue attacking my numbers or what). I said I was 85% sure he was scum. By now, that's higher, but that's neither here nor there. I'm not arguing that since I was right in another game, I must be right here. If that's how it came across, that's not my intention.
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by jimfinn »

charter wrote:I just quicklynched him another game.

You think that I'm trying to trick the town into quicklynching him by just saying that? No peer pressure or nothing, just out of the blue?
I'm not necessarily saying that you're trying to trick the town into really doing it, but the joke still felt a bit off-color and more scummy than townie. It is page 1 after all, so reads aren't exactly solid.
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by jimfinn »

my list of the four you asked about plus my current vote, PZ:
On a scale of 10 uberscum to 1 obvtown
LMP - 7
moose - 6.5
charter - 6.5
gonnanno - 5
enigma - 5
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

charter wrote:Policy lynching is definitely protown,
Not necessarily. The only one I like using is LALiars, and I have exceptions to even
THAT.

jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by jimfinn »

I am also an avid NO POLICY LYNCH except the player suggesting a policy lynch player.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”