StrangerCoug's Worst Nightmare IIIS: The Dungeon (Game over)

Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Me=Weird »

Oh, he's obv town? Must've missed the confirmed sanity cop investigation clear on him.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Parama »

See: Tasky giving role-related reasons as to why we shouldn't lynch BE because he'll die anyways
See: BE/moth flipping town
See: Tasky obvtown
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

Espeonage (4): Me=Weird, The Stove, Lady Lambdadelta, manho
manho (2): Antihero, Twomz
The Stove (2): xvart, Tasky
Not voting (6): Chronopie, Espeonage, Parama, Reckamonic, smargaret, chesskid3

With
players alive, it takes
votes to lynch.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

manho wrote:Jokes aside, Vote: Manho. He's making his post restriction more crippling than it has to be; having to post in spoilers or purple text for the entire game really isn't an excuse to not post any content throughout the course of it. I'll have to look later in his ISO to see his posts, but I'm pretty sure that he's posting only to avoid prods. He gets bonus scum points for being really late on both wagons, and I'd pretty much guarantee he didn't have any reasoning for jumping onto either of them. His votehop onto Espeonage with reasoning "an ISO shows that he is likely scum" is a scum cop out, and only adds to his case.
There's a case, manho. And once you lose your ISO immunity, I'll have a better one on you. But let's just try taking this one step at a time and answering the small things first, okay?
Parama wrote:See: Tasky giving role-related reasons as to why we shouldn't lynch BE because he'll die anyways
See: BE/moth flipping town
See: Tasky obvtown
The fact that it could easily be used as a setup for two mislynches instead of one shoots down this theory completely for me. Why doesn't it for you?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:02 pm

Post by xvart »

@SC - I voted The Stove in 861.

Antihero, 865 wrote:xvart, your vote is so full of fail, it's almost poetic.

And I don't know why you think you're alone with your suspicion of chesskid.

Oh, and xvart, your dickish attitude is completely unwarranted; I summarized my reasoning for my BE suspicion, and you failed to acknowledge it.
Why?
You're right. There has been some other suspicion cast, although I probably should have said more vocal opposition to chesskid. I guess I misremembered the number of people that actually voted him yesterday as I was starting to feel like the kid in class who raises his hand but everyone hopes the teacher doesn't call on. You know, the crazy uncle that nobody listens to. But the point still stands that chesskid, at the time of that post, was in no danger of being lynched, and it is still highly suspect that he wants to lynch someone regardless of flip alignment to make him more town.
I think the part of my post you are referring to was after a quote of yours. I was speaking to everyone, so my apologies if you thought my frustration was directed at you and you alone. Was the reasoning you were referring to this post? Because interestingly enough, if it is, you justified your previous vote ("I concur, vote BE") while jumping off the wagon... After I had been harping on trying to get the case for quite a while. So my point still stands, even though you gave your reasoning.
smargaret, 869 wrote:xvart said you did, I'm not invested enough right now to go look it up. This is me playing while cutting out endless numbers of save the dates and addressing an equally endless number of envelopes.
To clarify, it was a round robin of questioning his newly adopted list playstyle and I asked him why he wasn't playing to his town meta or something like that. Parama responded back that he always plays to his town meta, or something like that. It wasn't really Parama who brought it up, to the best of my recollection. (and props to the homemade wedding invitations (I think?). We did the same thing. Money saving = win).
Parama, 874 wrote:M=W: I don't really want to lynch obvious town, so Tasky isn't gonna be a valid lynch ever.
The only problem I have with this is that Tasky had information (unverified due to the lynch) that indicated a town aligned player was going to die. Something about that just doesn't seem right to me. Something to consider as we move forward.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:02 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

xvart wrote:
@SC - I voted The Stove in 861.
Fixed.

The Stove
The Stove
Goon
The Stove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:06 am

Post by The Stove »

Parama wrote:I'm just shocked and awed that people care so much that I changed one town read to a nulltown read.
No, we care because you can't articulate why. We care because you first tried to justify the change with lame excuses. We care because you completely shut down when you were pressed. We also care because you still skirt the issue.
Parama wrote:And which questions did I miss? I tend to answer them all.
Papa Zito wrote:"Tone" and "baseless accusations" are pretty vague and lame. Please post quotes to justify these.
And before you go smartass and say "wul gee PZ that ain'ta question rite thar hyuk hyuk" let's start with "can you post quotes to justify this position" and THEN we'll get to "post those quotes plz".
Parama wrote:Calm down, PZ.
HULK SMASH
Antihero wrote:Yes, I think I would rather stick my finger in a pencil sharpener than try to convince xvart of anything, but I don't see any scum motivation for what he's saying.
XD
Tasky wrote:That's exactly the point: I read Espeonage but I didn't see what you see. Therefore I am asking you to show me.
What I see in Espeonage's play is nothing. Absolutely nothing. It's completely empty. You don't see this?
Tasky wrote:he got a role PM from the mod containing his role. I know from a reliable source that his role was chosen randomly among a pool of roles containing scumroles and townroles.
That answers both questions.
Smartass. Look at his posts and take a stand.
Lady whatever wrote:Can I draw up cases and do ISO reads later, when I'm NOT on an iPhone?
Are you off an iPhone yet?
Me=Weird wrote:After espeon is dead, if it's not game over, can we please lynch this guy?
This. This is the best plan.
Nachomamma wrote:And once you lose your ISO immunity, I'll have a better one on you
?

---
xvart wrote:Explain to me my scum motivation for asking the questions I did.
I'll explain things when I want a wagon on you. Which will come, no worries.

I'll also let AGar explain the BE case bit.
xvart wrote:Is chronopie scum because he couldn't find a case on BE upon replacing in yesterday?
I don't see anything particularly scummy in chronopie's play thus far. But that reminds me.

@Mod: Plz to be prodding Chronopie thx

xvart wrote:Were you intentionally lying when you said the BE case had already been outlined? If not, why did you say it when it had not been outlined?
We haven't intentionally lied about anything, so no. Again, I'll let AGar address this.
xvart wrote:Was the case on BE so complicated that you couldn't possibly sum it up in a couple of sentences?
The case on BE, and on several of the players in this game, is that they aren't doing anything. If I help lynch all the lurkers, and the VIs, and the people not paying attention, and the people not trying, then I'm either going to hit scum or I'm going to get rid of dead weight. Either way, when the game comes down to the wire, the town is in a far better position to win. BE, and espeonage, and LLD, and Tasky, and Toon Fighter, and manho and etc fit this bill. (you're being actively destructive, there's a difference)
xvart wrote:Was my case that I put together correct or not?
Your case? You didn't put together a case. You regurgitated some posts from other players.
xvart wrote:It seems if you are confident in your lynch target you would want to rally the troops to get a lynch, and the fact that you really did not say anything about BE at all is very telling.
lol wow. I'm gonna let you go back and correct yourself on this one.
Tremble in fear. AGar and Zito are near.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:25 am

Post by manho »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Jokes aside, Vote: Manho. He's making his post restriction more crippling than it has to be; having to post in spoilers or purple text for the entire game really isn't an excuse to not post any content throughout the course of it.
yeah, and i promise to only put random stuff in invisible text.
I'll have to look later in his ISO to see his posts, but I'm pretty sure that he's posting only to avoid prods.
i'll leave it until you look into my ISO.
He gets bonus scum points for being really late on both wagons, and I'd pretty much guarantee he didn't have any reasoning for jumping onto either of them.
my vote would have been on Baby Spice much earlier if i didn't missed half of the first day. and she was so obv-scum then.
i didn't find BE/moth that scummy, but he wasn't that pro-town either. i'd say he was neutral in my mind then. the deadline and the fact that 3 scums have dead make my wagon vote.
His votehop onto Espeonage with reasoning "an ISO shows that he is likely scum" is a scum cop out, and only adds to his case.
i can't explain the gut feeling, but that's the way it goes.

the stove is still my next read, but i still struggle to find some time to do that.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:48 am

Post by Parama »

Here's me not responding to PZ.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:13 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

The Stove wrote:
@Mod: Plz to be prodding Chronopie thx
Done. Ditto for Espeonage.

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Parama »

Here's me
requesting a deadline
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:20 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Five real-life days into Day 3!? Is activity that problematic already?

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:22 am

Post by Parama »

I've seen that people don't do a damn thing if they don't have a deadline for doing damn things.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:24 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

*sigh* All right, but I'm going to be lenient. November 25 at 7:00 PM MST.

The Stove
The Stove
Goon
The Stove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:38 am

Post by The Stove »

Parama wrote:Here's me not responding to PZ.
And now here's my dilemma.

I do want Espeonage dead, and he's already got a wagon going so I hate to abandon it. Also wagons are tech in and of themselves.

But then there's Parama, who hasn't contributed anything this game except for his lists, which aren't scumhunting and are virtually useless anyway, and now is really acting like he got caught and is hoping I'll just leave him alone.

I dunno. I need to talk this over with AGar I guess. Does the town in general have any desire to see a Parama wagon?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:41 am

Post by Parama »

Dunno why town would want to see a wagon on obvtown.
Dunno why you care about me moving Antihero on my list if my list isn't scumhunting like you say.

You're BSing this on the basis of me moving one read on my list. From town to nulltown. And acting like it's a big deal. While also saying my lists are worthless.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

The Stove
The Stove
Goon
The Stove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:48 am

Post by The Stove »

You know, Parama, I like you. And that's why I'm going to respond to this, yet again.
Parama wrote:Dunno why town would want to see a wagon on obvtown.
You're not obvtown. Sorry.
Parama wrote:Dunno why you care about me moving Antihero on my list if my list isn't scumhunting like you say.
It's not scumhunting. There's no value to it.

Let me reverse this.

What value have those lists given to the town in this game?
Parama wrote:You're BSing this on the basis of me moving one read on my list. From town to nulltown. And acting like it's a big deal. While also saying my lists are worthless.
Again, just cuz I like you.

This has nothing to do with moving someone up or down your list. This has to do with:

1. Your extremely vague and weak initial reasoning ("tone" and "baseless accusations")
2. Your absolute refusal to back up this weak and initial reasoning
3. Your attempt to skirt the issue by repeatedly saying the charge is the movement and not your actions thereafter
4. Your attempt to throw mud at Antihero for bringing it up in the first place
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:27 am

Post by Chronopie »

Coulda sworn I'd posted yesterday. guess not... :?

Brief points: Parama/Stove feels TvT.

Manho's #828 is just... denial for the sake of denial. No real effort made in defending. Scum vibes.

LLD is fluffy. Whether fluffy scum or fluffy town... :?

Nacho made a good entry in to the game (better than I did at least), town read there too.

Summary: VOTE: Manho,
FoS: LLD

Parama | Stove | Nacho are prob-town

Null on everyone else.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:28 am

Post by chesskid3 »

^ feccia
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:51 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

PZ, just try to ISO manho. You'll see what I mean. Also, you wouldn't have my support for a Parama wagon, not yet. I understand getting bored of a game and lurking definitely; plus, there's just way too many people below him on my scumlist that need taking care of.
manho wrote:and she was so obv-scum then.
Baby Spice flipped town.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:51 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Unvote

Vote: Chronopie
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:27 am

Post by Antihero »

Parama wrote:Dunno why town would want to see a wagon on obvtown.
Dunno why you care about me moving Antihero on my list if my list isn't scumhunting like you say.

You're BSing this on the basis of me moving one read on my list. From town to nulltown. And acting like it's a big deal. While also saying my lists are worthless.
Stove is right. You were acting townish at the beginning of this game, but then you went into a weird VI-like state for some reason, which seems pretty uncharacteristic for you.

And it's not even just about that stupid thing with me and the list, it's about your attitude in general. Why does it seem like you're throwing in the towel?

But I say no to a Parama wagon, I don't see what we'll gain from it.
chesskid3 on chronopie wrote:^ feccia
Holy crap, am I actually agreeing with chesskid here?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:36 am

Post by Antihero »

xvart wrote:
Why?
The Stove has to be the most townish person alive to me right now. To me, it looks like he's one of very few people making a sincere effort to scumhunt (you are, too; that's why you're also a townread). I have a feeling that you vs The Stove is a crappy, petty arguement fueled by OMGUS.
xvart wrote:
You're right. There has been some other suspicion cast, although I probably should have said more vocal opposition to chesskid. I guess I misremembered the number of people that actually voted him yesterday as I was starting to feel like the kid in class who raises his hand but everyone hopes the teacher doesn't call on. You know, the crazy uncle that nobody listens to. But the point still stands that chesskid, at the time of that post, was in no danger of being lynched, and it is still highly suspect that he wants to lynch someone regardless of flip alignment to make him more town.
My read of chesskid fluctuates more than the stock market. I kind of don't trust my own read on him most of the time. :(
xvart wrote:
I think the part of my post you are referring to was after a quote of yours. I was speaking to everyone, so my apologies if you thought my frustration was directed at you and you alone. Was the reasoning you were referring to this post? Because interestingly enough, if it is, you justified your previous vote ("I concur, vote BE") while jumping off the wagon... After I had been harping on trying to get the case for quite a while. So my point still stands, even though you gave your reasoning.
I was just assuming you read my unpleasant exchanges with BE earlier.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Proddodge got to get on a train to my last exam in half an hour. Will post somethign when I get a chance.
Don't @ me.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by smargaret »

Chesskid needs to explain his read/vote on Chronopie. Posting in Italian isn't an excuse for voting without a reason.

Actually, Chesskid hasn't done much of anything today. And I'm also anxiously awaiting LLD's reads.

VOTE: Chesskid

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”