Zachtown in the mountains (Game over TOWN WINS!)

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:21 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

IAI 592 wrote:Red, who do you think are the 2 scum? At L-1 and scum like Percy not on your wagon, I'd like to hear this first.
Just go back to here for my final reads. Not much has changed except I would bring Thor and LrdWhyt down some and bring Mina up.

Based on Dry-fit I'd say Percy or Sotty.
Good all-around lynches would be Fur, Baby, and possibly Lrdwhyt.
On my wagon it didn't seem like Elmo or Thor put much effort into analyzing Percy, but I don't think either of these slots can be connected very well to the Dry-fit lynch. They're both wild cards.

But my best, honest read is that Percy slipped up in appeasing the Dry-fit wagon while trying his hardest to get it out of the spotlight. I mean, losing a teammate that early is the worst thing to happen to scum. It seems very likely to me that at least one of the scum was trying to cool the Dry-fit wagon off (Percy). The other was likely bussing (Sotty, Fur) or uninvolved with it at all (Thor, Baby, Elmo, LrdWhyt, Mina).

Good luck, town!
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:06 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Well, I agree with RC. I think Percy is the better lynch. I'll hammer in a few hours if no-one else drops it, though.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:31 am

Post by havingfitz »

So where are we? Roughly 5.5 hours until deadline?

Locke....RC has had his say. If you support an RC lynch over a D1P2 no lynch....why wait for someone else to hammer? If you are not convinced RC is scum but prefer his lynch to a no lynch...say so and hammer. If you are not prepared to hammer under any circumstances...then say that instead.

I just don't understand the "I will hammer....but I'll wait a bit longer in case someone else wants the honors" sentiment. If you want...I'll unvote...you can put him at L-2, then I will provide the hammer.

BTW...worthless HF info....I get a tad bit impatient the night before Christmas. Believe it or not.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Lrdwhyt
Lrdwhyt
Townie
Lrdwhyt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:36 am

Post by Lrdwhyt »

I doubt the lynch is going to shift to Percy, and I don't really feel safe waiting for the last person to hammer, so I think I'm going to VOTE: RedCoyote. :neutral:
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:48 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Final Vote Count of D1 P2

RedCoyote - 8 (Furcolow, Elmo, Sotty7, Havingfitz, KaleiÐoscøpe, Thor665, JasonT1981, Lrdwhyt)
Percy - 3 (RedCoyote, I Am Innocent, Locke Lamora)
Baby Spice - 2 (Percy, Mina)
Benmage - 1 (Baby Spice)
Lrdwhyt - 1 (Mina)
No lynch - 1 (Benmage)

Not Voting: ()

If I made any mistakes please politely point them out and I will correct them.

Deadline for Day 1 is Friday, November 12 at 12pm CST

With 15 alive it's 8 to lynch.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:58 am

Post by Zachrulez »

After a 2nd discussion, most of the town's fingers ended up pointed squarely at RedCoyote. He tries to reason with the town, but they are beyond that at this point. He is placed on a specially designed gallow that hangs over a high drop off. Curiously there's no rope around his neck. When the lever is pulled, a trap door opens sending Red plummeting first into the wooden boards that are between him and the air below, and then finally when he's hit all that he can hit there's nothing left but the long fall. You can hear a weak yell, which most of you figure out is a long winded "noooo!"

RedCoyote
(Vanilla Townie)
lynched D1 P2

Night 1 begins now. Deadline for night choices is on Monday, November 15th at 8am CST
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:57 am

Post by Zachrulez »

It was a rough night's sleep for everyone, but now that it is morning, it doesn't seem like it was that long at all. The town gathers together to realize that one of them is missing. It becomes clear that Havingfitz is not amoung you this morning. The town enters his house to find him and the bedroom surrounding him covered in blood. He's layed to his eternal rest in his bed, and it's apparent that he was killed in his sleep.

... Looks like you guys will be going to sleep at your own risk from here on out.

Havingfitz
(Vanilla Townie)
killed in his sleep night one.

Day Two Phase One begins now.

With 13 alive it's 7 to lynch.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:06 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I've decided to stick with the 3 week deadline model for both days. The deadline for both phases of day 2 will be Monday, December 6th at 8am CST
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:50 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Mina Post 578 wrote:If Red flips town, I'll look more closely at Kaleidoscope and Sotty (I like a lot of what she's doing, but a few of her stances don't feel perfectly organic, as if she's hedging her bets a bit).
Can you elaborate on this? Also your vote on Lrdwhyt as the day was dying looks really bad considering there was absolutely no chance of shifting the wagon that way. Why did you avoid taking a stance on one of the three top wagons with your vote?

I want to see Thor's thoughts on the pages he hasn't read as soon as possible.

I will probably re-read day one before I place my vote. Red's flip kinda screwed most of my reads up.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:49 am

Post by Thor665 »

Sotty7 wrote:I want to see Thor's thoughts on the pages he hasn't read as soon as possible.
[/quote]
Now that I've survived through the night I'll get on that more earnestly - I'm up through page 13 so I should be able to finish either this evening or tomorrow.

Here's the pages I did over night;

Moving onward, page 9-13

Oso chooses to take the whole PR thing and go with the reverse of the Red Coyote case wherein only town are that stupid because scum would have discussed it already...eh. I have to admit it makes some sense, but it's still a fallacy. Though the only player we're disagreeing about off that tell is iamkingdavid so I don't think we'll have to have a huge fight about it.

Did people get off IAI because he seems too pedantic to be town? His case on Oso is terribad and shows either scummy stupidity or just an inability to understand what Oso is saying.

Uf da! It's just multiple pages of VI wars...

I think I understand some of the drive to lynch Benmage now. Not sure I'm really buying into him attempting to deflect off of Dry-fit into Percy of all people. His Percy case is kinda 'eh' at the moment. I see what he's driving at, but I'm not buying it as scummy as he is. I don't buy Percy's drive on Benmage either for what it's worth.

I'm definitely ignoring all of shotty's posts as I read. I see no reason to try to track town/scum reads as mercurial as that.

IAI believes everyone is town, except for VI players - who are scum. Derpy, derpy-doo.

The Percy/Benmage thing is starting to look more and more like a purely stylistic difference between them.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:48 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Thor665 wrote:The Percy/Benmage thing is starting to look more and more like a purely stylistic difference between them.
Nice way to try to defend your partner.
Thor665 wrote:
Unvote: Whoever I might be voting
Vote: Red Coyote

I see no reason why people shouldn't have to be begging and working for me if they want this vote somewhere else at this stage. Plus, I like the attention.
Very opportunistic vote here. The vote count prior to this was Red 5, Percy 4.

Top 2
Percy
Thor

vote: Percy
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:43 am

Post by Thor665 »

I Am Innocent wrote:Nice way to try to defend your partner.
Yes, because all defense is automatically scum protecting their partners :roll:
Thor665 wrote:Very opportunistic vote here. The vote count prior to this was Red 5, Percy 4.
And if I'd voted Percy would I have been opportunistically protecting my buddy RC?

Your arguments make no sense and it looks like you're just trying to heap up random scumtells and a fake buddy to help sell your Percy suspicion. You better not try to lynch Percy because "Thor is his buddy" because that is a super scummy and terrible case.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:44 am

Post by Thor665 »

Hmmm, 2nd quote tag failure. T'was IAI in that one, I'd never say something that scummy. ;)
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:11 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Vote Count prior to Nik replacing out, Thor replacing in
Zachrulez wrote:
3rd Vote Count of D1 P2

Percy - 6 (Benmage, RedCoyote, I Am Innocent, Locke Lamora, JasonT1981, KaleiÐoscøpe)
RedCoyote - 3 (Furcolow, Elmo, Sotty7)
Baby Spice - 2 (Nikanor, Percy)
Benmage - 1 (Baby Spice)
Sotty7 - 1 (Havingfitz)

Not Voting: (Mina, Lrdwhyt)

Post 525, Wednesday afternoon, Thor's first post (vote count has not changed).
Thor665 wrote:Greetings all,

As noted above I (and my awesome beard) are replacing Nikanor (whose beard is, at best, acceptable). When I replace in I read the thread and will post up vague walls of commentary text. This I feel is helpful as it will 1. help establish your attitude towards me as a player and 2. will possibly remind you of something interesting that already happened.

I do promise you that this slot will never again need replacement. I'll also promise superior scumhuntng, but find that's harder to ensure. I seem to average about 7-10 pages each catching up session, so probably will manage to be caught up by the weekend sometime.

Special greetings to everyone I've played with before.
Very next post.
Elmo wrote:Fun fact, deadline is in ~48 hours.
Here is the opportunistic scum vote the next day after the wagon finally turns:
Thor665 wrote:
Unvote: Whoever I might be voting
Vote: Red Coyote

I see no reason why people shouldn't have to be begging and working for me if they want this vote somewhere else at this stage. Plus, I like the attention.
Next post has the vote count. Oh how conveniently things have turned for townie RC instead of Percy...
Zachrulez wrote:
4th Vote Count of D1 P2

RedCoyote - 6 (Furcolow, Elmo, Sotty7, Havingfitz, KaleiÐoscøpe, Thor665)
Percy - 4 (RedCoyote, I Am Innocent, Locke Lamora, JasonT1981)
Baby Spice - 2 (Percy, Mina)
Benmage - 1 (Baby Spice)
No lynch - 1 (Benmage)

Not Voting: (Mina, Lrdwhyt)

Thor665 wrote:And if I'd voted Percy would I have been opportunistically protecting my buddy RC?
No we call that bussing.

So let's recap. Nikanor's vote is stuck, he replaces out, Thor comes in, and does what any good scum should do around a deadline. Play the wait and see card...

Wagon leaves his teammate, takes off on the townie. Gives the ol' UNVOTE Whoever I'm voting, hahaha, and vote RC, despite only reading 9 pages. My vote can be bought tho, cause I like the attention, hahahaha. (not funny by the way).

Yeah, this game is over. Or should be over today, with obv scum team Percy/Thor.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:17 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Vote: Percy
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:30 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Yea, Percy needs to be lynched today... Also BS

vote: Percy
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by Percy »

On Dry-fit: My read was wrong. What else can I say? I laid out my reasons as clearly as I could, and I've answered the questions you've put to me. The KScope school of thought is a waste of time. RC wasn't scum, and if you think that makes me more likely scum, then your thinking is so, so backwards.

As it stands, I think the case on me is lazy and simplistic. It ignores both the other players who weren't on the Dry-fit wagon, and ignores the potential for bussing. Look elsewhere.

I liked Mina's reads in this post.
Elmo 509 wrote:You realise that I'm actually voting for the person with the most votes who isn't you, right?
That wasn't the point, and you know it.
I reeeeeally liked RedCoyote's analysis of Sotty's Nikanor/Dry-fit interaction, so much so I'm going to quote all of it:
RedCoyote 511 wrote:The bigger point is still that, like Percy, you throw Dry-fit in your post with as little involvement as possible. It's an out for you. It's a way for you to say, "surely I can't be scum, look at how quickly I was suspicious of Dry-fit". In reality, you didn't commit to the case, you, instead, committed to Nikanor. It's my opinion that Dry-fit's partners, not looking to outright stonewall this wagon, must've tried to dismantle it using subtly. There's nothing quite as subtle in this regard than acknowledging the Dry-fit wagon as great and then throwing everything you got at a player like Nikanor, who, as best as I can tell, is playing like typical Nikanor.

So Nikanor is tunnelling on jason with arguments that you don't consider to be very valid. I mean, come on, Sotty. Give me any game in the history of this website and you're bound to see at least one example of that. I just think it's a bit elementary for a case. Further, I think it's worse that you're still trying to rally others to the cause after Dry-fit's flip. It's too much of a shot in the dark. There are few connections between Nikanor and Dry-fit and the town's number one asset at this point is unquestionably playing off that flip. Further again, the fact that no one else has shown major interest in Nikanor at least for the time being should clue you in that it would probably be best to table the idea today.
I know it implicates me as well, but this analysis makes a lot of sense to me.
Hannity 513 wrote:Easy vote on Furc-VI yesterday. Easy vote on obv-VI BS today. Trying to be very non-confrontational aye Percy.
BS is an easy mislynch.
*facepalm*
I disagree with both your reads and your conclusion.

This post of Elmo's gives me townvibes.

I like Nikanor's final thoughts:
Nikanor 517 wrote:Anyway, my final thoughts:
Sotty and Baby Spice are scum. Lynch one of those two today.
Locke, Elmo and Mina are town. Don't lynch them ever.
I think that RC is probably town, and I get gut town vibes from Percy.
I am kind of iffy on jason, but his reaction to the Dry-Fit lynch did look pretty legit.
But boooo on replacing out.
Hannity wrote:
I Am Innocent wrote:Carry on peeps. And remember, Vote for IAI (for best new player) in 2010!!! :cool:
Self campaigning FTL.
QFT, also self-voting = no votes from me.
Mina wrote:Mafia eats my soul.
Also QFT.
Hannity wrote:I'm only 100% right when I'm 100% right. Show me otherwise.
Aaaaand this is why you're Hannity. Your opinions are as absurd as they are wrong. And it's up to you to prove you're right, not up to us to prove you're wrong. Your continued insistence throughout D1P2 that the Baby Spice wagon was not going to happen and was on a VI was insane.

Let's play hypotheticals. If Baby Spice actually is scum, should everyone then lynch you after a flip?
KScope 560 wrote:I don't think Percy is scummier then Redcoyote, but I want a second lynch today, and Percy has the biggest wagon. If either dies tomorrow, I will campaign for the other tomorrow.
Opportunism here is strong. You jumped on the Dry-fit wagon just to have a lynch. You did the same with RC. If you follow up today with a strong push against me and get me lynched:
(a) If you're scum, then bravo, sir.
(b) If you're town, then YOU FAIL SO HARD OMG
Thor pointed this out:
KaleiÐoscøpe 173 wrote:Waiting for a dry-fit defense before my vote changes. Def tempted to vote him though
Your hesitation is worse than anything anyone has said about me.
Hannity 569 wrote:Well.
Unvote vote No lynch
Voting for no lynch, Hannity? Really? This is such a "pick up my ball and go home" moment, I lol'd.
KScope 572 wrote:ugh... c'mon town... are we seriously going to stall this?

Unvote Vote: Redcoyote
Why did you change your vote to RC at this point? I don't understand. You had said before that you were voting me only because of the size of the wagon. Moving your vote at this point made RC the bigger wagon by one vote because you moved from me. So, plz2explain?
Mina 578 wrote:By the way, whatever happened to Locke Lamora? He hasn't posted all week.
I would also like to hear more from LL.
Hannity 599 wrote:You didnt see the mod message confirming me?
Thor665 609 wrote:I'm definitely ignoring all of shotty's posts as I read. I see no reason to try to track town/scum reads as mercurial as that.
shotty?

Town:

jasonT1981
I Am Innocent (reluctantly...)
Hannity
Elmo

Unsure:

Thor665
Locke Lamora
Furcolow
Mina
KaleiÐoscøpe

Scummy:

Baby Spice
Sotty7
Lrdwhyt

For now,
Vote: Baby Spice
, on the back of my case yesterday. I am going to do a full re-read of my scumlist before my next post.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by Percy »

HAI FURCOLOW
Percy 464 wrote:
@FURCOLOW
Percy wrote:You're insisting that this play of yours is your town meta. Give me three games where you can demonstrate this, and three games where you're scum and don't demonstrate this tell. If you can't, then I have no reason to believe you.
:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by Percy »

Another thought:

I annoyed KScope until he
obeyed my orders
provided reasons for his vote, and during his lecture he commented that I would make an awful Kingmaker because I get all emotional, or whatever his point was.

I just remembered I
was
a kingmaker, and I
didn't
listen to my gut read and ended up killing a player because he wasn't on a scum lynching wagon (he had declared a townread of the scum just before the lynch happened). I went for that tell (and I blew it up into a case and tied myself in knots etc) rather than my solid read, which was actually on scum. Link, for those interested.

I was a bad kingmaker. But that's because I was playing from your playbook, KScope.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by Benmage »

TL/DR/Waste of time reading at the moment reading scum posts.

Was gonna enter today mad at people for the horrendous RC lynch. There is 2 mafia left. Town, you only have yourselves to blame for that failure. Dunce caps would've been mass issued......but it looks like we can get ourselves back on track today.

Vote Percy
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by Percy »

What a fair and balanced view of the game, Hannity!
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

1st Vote Count of D2 P1

Percy - 4 (I Am Innocent, KaleiÐoscøpe, JasonT1981, Benmage)
Baby Spice - 1 (Percy)

Not Voting: (Furcolow, Elmo, Sotty7, Thor665, Lrdwhyt, Locke Lamora, Mina, Baby Spice)

Deadline for Day 2 is Monday, December 6 at 8am CST

With 13 alive it's 7 to lynch.
Last edited by Zachrulez on Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by Benmage »

Percy wrote:What a fair and balanced view of the game, Hannity!
I'd be comically flailing around too if I was scum as badly caught as you are.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by Benmage »

If I'm Hannity, you can be Glen Beck.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

Benmage wrote:
Percy wrote:What a fair and balanced view of the game, Hannity!
I'd be comically flailing around too if I was scum as badly caught as you are.
What's really comical is Percy listed 4 people he is sure is town, and 3 of those 4 are on his wagon right now... :lol:
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”