Mafia 119: MURDER AT HOTEL DEATH(GAME OVER)

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:39 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

lewarcher82 wrote: sidenote: it is stupid and anti-town to jail a town vig to protect him. It is not pro-town for a vig to shoot, but it is pro-town to prevent him from shooting?
who said they jailed you to protect you?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:17 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

vollkan did:
vollkan wrote:EBWOP:

Our Neighbourhood is the Alcatraz Neighbourhood

And the asterisks in my previous post are a typo left over from when I first typed out the history I had the explanations for each kill at the bottom:
ie.
LMP JKed me*
LMP JKed me*
LMP JKed Lewarcher*
LMP JKed pacman***

(* protective basis)
(*** scumhunting basis)

But then I decided just to simplify it with the two sentences at the end of my post.
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:18 am

Post by LimMePls »

We jailed lew because we thought there was a good chance scum would kill the vig that night, and since lew was just replacing into the slot, we weren't sure if he'd even be able to make a very informed shot, so we figured losing the shot wasn't as bad. I really wish I could go back and change that decision, it was terrible in hindsight. This is one of those difficult decisions I was alluding to earlier about how our JK's not stopping a kill isn't as damning as ckd suggests. A doc could just protect lew without consequences, for us it was a gamble.

If there is a night that makes one of us (vollkan and me) more likely to be scum, it is that night. The fact that we JK'ed a vig and the scum killed the tracker instead, is pretty bad. I'd think they'd fear a vig much more than a tracker, so the tracker dying instead is curious. Does anyone disagree with this?

I plan on starting a reread soon, but I dunno if it'll start this weekend or not.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:40 am

lew can you do we a favor, what post number did you enter the game?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:41 am

nm, there are links.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:50 am

another reason I dont think pac is scum, vollkan and LMP came out Day (whatever) and both voted PD...PD started pushing pac.

another reason I think rude is scum, jack was pushing him as his number one suspect yesterday (now he is dead)..though I guess it should be noted, that he also said I was scum....
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:51 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

CKD- I was pushing a Jack lynch hardcore from day one, even after most people considered him town. If I was scum, wouldn't I have foregone the lynch when there were better/ easier candidates and just NK?

(Yes, the above is WIFOM, yes, I still think it makes a point)
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:39 am

easier and better canididates?..like who?....and maybe you (and your partner?) kill jacked because he was soft claiming something you felt might threaten you..

the above post makes we secure in the vote.

@ ALL, where do you stand on the A2 lynch.....I want firm stances and reasons!
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:40 am

lol, fuck!!!

"killed jack"

This made me lol for some reason.
Last edited by RedCoyote on Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:41 am

also A2, I would like a scum/town ranking from you now....why is your top two scummy, why is your bottom two townish.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:49 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

Scum to town:

LMP
CKD
Volk (strict middle, can get no read)
Pac/Warcher
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by vollkan »

Lew wrote: it is interesting, vollkan. I had shot a2 back on n3. I had no idea why it didn't work, you let me speculate about town/maf docs roleblockers for 6 pages, and finally it turns out that I was jailed by you. And now you contemplate the option of us being scumpartners?
I didn't say I thought it was likely that you were scum with him, but it was necessary to raise it in the context of my previous post addressing the question "Why might Lew not kill as scum?"
lew wrote: I did not shoot because I did not want to put town on 3:2 lylo. Already explained that.
And I've already proven that that makes no sense.

To simplify my argument to its bare bones:

In 4:2 MYLO we have two options: No Lynch or Lynch Scum. The former gives scum a free kill and puts us in LYLO. The latter, having to lynch scum, is indistinguishable from what we'd have to do in LYLO - except that because you didn't kill we are deprived of one flip that we otherwise would have in LYLO.

My qualm at this stage is basically whether I think you are a smart enough player to realise the above (and possibly also the fact that No LYnch really isn't an option for us, given the possbiility of you being scum), or whether you really would just play simplistically and think "LYLO is bad. Therefore I won't kill".
CKD wrote: one last bit...vollkan is an awesome player...as scum, he has bested me 2-3 times...I just cant read him....if I were mafia (and I have seen this occured 1 maybe two times) I would have offed vollkan a long time ago....however he is still around...(thus the has anyone played with vollkan before" question.)..again doesnt mean jack in this game because no one is admitting to it.
Three points:
1) Look at the list of recent games above and the ones on my wiki (I list the night/day I died for most of them). It's not at all anomalous for me to survive.
2) As you say, nobody here barring yourself has played with me before
3) There has been a multitude of claimed power roles this game. Scum typically will kill for roles rather than players.
LMP wrote: If there is a night that makes one of us (vollkan and me) more likely to be scum, it is that night. The fact that we JK'ed a vig and the scum killed the tracker instead, is pretty bad. I'd think they'd fear a vig much more than a tracker, so the tracker dying instead is curious. Does anyone disagree with this?
I'd normally agree, but then we have to explain the kill of Jack last night. There was no suggestion that Jack had a power of any sort, making him an even less likely death than silver. So I'm not sure what is going on.
a2 wrote: CKD- I was pushing a Jack lynch hardcore from day one, even after most people considered him town. If I was scum, wouldn't I have foregone the lynch when there were better/ easier candidates and just NK?

(Yes, the above is WIFOM, yes, I still think it makes a point)
IIRC, most people didn't consider Jack town D1 or D2; and even after that it was more a lack of suspicion than anything else (ie. nothing glaringly pro-town). Pushing him hardcore has a big advantage for scum in that tunneling allows you to avoid having to juggle competing suspicions. I'm not saying that's what you did, but the point is that there is hardly no scum motivation for pushing Jack continuously during the day.
CKD wrote: @ ALL, where do you stand on the A2 lynch.....I want firm stances and reasons!
Points-wise, he isn't my first choice; that would be Pacman but there are two reasons why I am averse to a pacman lynch:
1) The tracker and JK results
2) My points on Pacman come from vezok. I'm pretty sure I knew vezok was a VI when I gave him those points, but I can't be sure, and, in any event, I'm not sure whether I knew vezok was as hopelessly bad as he actually is when I gave those points. In short, my read on pacman is kind of iffy.
CKD wrote: lol, fuck!!!

"killed jack"
What?
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by LimMePls »

a2rudeboy wrote:Scum to town:

LMP
CKD
Pac/Warcher
You have no read on Vollkan 5 days into the game?

Unvote
Vote: a2rude

This is too easy.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by vollkan »

LynchMePls wrote:

LMP
CKD
Pac/Warcher

Unvote

This is too easy.
CKD has also said that he can't read me, and I'm fairly often told that I am unreadable. I fail to see what is scummy about a2 saying he can't read me, let alone to the extent that could possibly justify a LYLO/MYLO vote.
LMP+3
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by LimMePls »

So, I've been wondering, can anyone see some way to use our abilities to guarantee us a win? We have a vig and a JK at our disposal, maybe we can find a way to use them in such a combination that scum can't win? I've been trying to come up with some scenarios, but I haven't found one yet. Figured someone else might see something I'm not?

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by LimMePls »

You're going out of your way to sling me those scum points Vollkan. That's fascinating.

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Unvote

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by LimMePls »

1. Lynch a2

If a2 flips scum:

2. LMP JK Vollkan
3. Lew vig LMP

This would leave us at (assuming NK on lew) {CKD, Pacman, Vollkan}, but a cleared Vollkan, since he was JK'ed and there was no kill. Cleared Vollkan then has to pick between Pacman and CKD. If there is no kill {lew, CKD, Pacman, Vollkan} Lynch Vollkan, and if the game is still going, then Lew has to shoot at best choice of CKD/Pacman.

The problem is that if a2 did flip town, the resulting mess is pretty ugly.

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by LimMePls »

vollkan wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:

LMP
CKD
Pac/Warcher

Unvote

This is too easy.
CKD has also said that he can't read me, and I'm fairly often told that I am unreadable. I fail to see what is scummy about a2 saying he can't read me, let alone to the extent that could possibly justify a LYLO/MYLO vote.
LMP+3
You really think there is nothing scummy about having a null read on someone on D5? Is there anyone in the game you have a null read on?

V/LA on weekends
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by vollkan »

LynchMePls wrote:You're going out of your way to sling me those scum points Vollkan. That's fascinating.
The two instances of points I have given you are to scale:
+2 points for WIFOM defence.
+3 points for poor late-game vote.

I can't see why either of those is excessive
LynchMePls wrote:
Unvote
Why did you unvote here?

Especially given that in your very next post you strategised for a2's lynch.
LMP wrote: You really think there is nothing scummy about having a null read on someone on D5? Is there anyone in the game you have a null read on?
A null read really just means that you don't see scumtells or towntells, which is perfectly legitimate. Even disregarding the fact that I am generally hard to read, I'd also point out that so far I don't think anybody has adopted a read of me. If they have, please quote the post (Pacman doesn't count, for reasons that should be obvious)

I have null reads on CKD and lew. Both are at 50 points. Lew would be higher but for the fact that, as I mentioned earlier, I can't decide if he would be the type to analyse the game and kill or to look at things simplistically and No Kill, as he claims (though, understandably, he isn't describing himself as 'simplistic' :P)
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:13 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

unvote, vote: vollkan

Hop on, LMP
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:31 pm

Post by vollkan »

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:25 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Vote Count

evilpacman18(0) -
curiouskarmadog(0) -
LynchMePls(1)
- a2rudeboy
vollkan(1)
- evilpacman18
a2rudeboy(1)
- curiouskarmadog,
lewarcher82(0) -

Not Voting(3)
- volkkan, lewarcher82, LynchMePls

With 6 alive, it is 4 to lynch

Deadline: December 5th, 2010, 1:30 AM, Central Standard Time
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:12 am

Post by LimMePls »

@Vollkan, I hear lots of stories about how you are an awesome town player. Can you point me to some original cases you made this game against scum players? Everything I see is you joining other people's cases. As for my unvote, obviously I'm not ready for a lynch to happen, and with this few players in the game, leaving votes out can be very bad.

@pacman: maybe.

@everyone else: PLEASE FREAKING HELP! GOOD LORD!

V/LA on weekends
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:19 am

vollkan is a good player as town or mafia...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”