Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:47 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

eld, LMP, AGar, comment on the UK case please.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Haylen »

Substancial post on monday.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Nacho, your 512 is really good. I kinda wanted to wait and see how UK responded to it, but the whole thing is pretty awesome.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:12 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Lowell 522 wrote:I seem to remember everyone throwing a fit when jack claimed cop/doc, and that LMP got bandwagoned for even half-heartedly defending it. But that thread has been mostly dropped today, suggesting it was a lot of crocodile tears.
This is the only thing worth reading from the previous page. I agree with it 100%. The only person you called out was Glork though, Lowell. Was there anyone else you think should be singled out?

I just don't really follow Nacho's case, and this is coming from someone who doesn't care for UK so far this game. I don't get the CJMiller meta argument, and I don't get the how the Lowell thing is bad (she's just wrong about it).
Xine
Xine
Goon
Xine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:03 am

Post by Xine »

There is a nice wagon on AGar, and the case seems to be because he does not like the way Haylen is playing, taking a 'she's scum, but if not she's playing so poorly she deserves to die' stance. I see that AGar is acting in a very arrogant fashion, and I do not claim to feel comfortable with his tone, but I do think he's correct that Haylen is uberscummy. she has spent this game making AtE excuses, stalling, and active lurking. when called out on it she complains and calls names, goes V/LA and continues to post (so V/LA to her is an excuse to active lurk?) she has promised a content post by the end of Monday, and if it is not posted on time, I will absolutely vote her for lying/stalling...again, early tues morning.
Back to AGar. I don't see him as scum for his attack on Haylen, or any other (?) reason.

Empking... Managed to lurk himself off everybody's radar in the last handful of pages, and the one person who was most adamant about pushing a case on him is conveniently (for him) dead. I don't see what UK and Glork saw when they declared him town, feel free to explain it to me, if you feel so inclined. I think he's scum. He spent most of day 1 pushing a really bad case, most of which was simply repeating the same bad point over and over again. (causing noise and distraction) and then quietly hopped on at the end of the snake wagon.
Nikanor, do you still think Emp is scum?

Intrigued by the UK case, working on taking a proper stance, but I feel myself being convinced she is scum, put me down as watching her.
Jack: do you think you directing my play will make me alter my behavior? are you just trying to set a scum-trap for me?
VOTE: Empking
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by UncertainKitten »

Oh boy. A case on me.
A really
Really
Fucking stupid one.

I mean, dear God, I haven't read such tripe since...uh...actually, I don't read tripe often. But this takes the cake!

Let's disintigrate with, you know, actual fucking logic rather than stupid Nacholand.

Post 2: Lol no.
Glork wrote:But this doesn't make ANY sense from a town protown perspective. Did you think this through at all?
Post 29: The reasoning is obvious to anyone with at least 10% of a functioning brain. If I need to explain THAT, I'm in the wrong game.
As for the meta qualifier, I'm notoriously lazy. Deal with it.

Post 49: This...doesn't even merit a response. I'll give one anyway, but this is pathetic, Nacho. Yes, I felt strongly about it. That OBVIOUSLY means that everyone else is town on the wagon, and scum don't take advantage of very strong, incorrect feelings. And I'm OBVIOUSLY a fool to be looking on the Snake wagon for scum when OBVIOUSLY there aren't any there. Yep, just lynch me now.

No, seriously, how is this even a fucking tell?

Post 50: Again, how is this a fucking tell? How does this at all help scum? What the fuck kind of drugs are you on? Where can I get some?

Post 51-53: Garbage. You don't even bother to explain why it's "shitty reasoning". You just think rhetoric will get you through this. You have another thing coming, dumbass.

So, yeah, shitty reasoning, Nacho.

This...is just a pile of fucktarded bullshit. You're acting dumb. Go do something constructive like learning to fucking read.

I apologize for my abrasive tone but I was pretty happy til I realized I had a pile of shit to read. The sad part is I *do* think Nacho is sincere, just posting a dumb case.

Lowell, however, remains insincere and scummy as hell. LMP is posting really stupidly. Nacho's post 512 was fucking garbage and you should feel bad.

@Xine: He (Empking), is posting with town intent. I really don't know how to explain it any better. He's trying. You aren't. Lowell isn't. Nacho is, but it might be better if he didn't.

All that said I'd like to know *why* various things are tells in Nacholand. So I can even further pulverize his silliness.

Also, Xine is scum and is trying to go with the wind.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Just as a heads up, I'm way behind- my work schedule started kicking my ass, and I've barely been keeping up with the games I'm modding. I'm trying to catch up, but I owed you guys an apology.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So I'm trying to go back at look at Jack, and I still don't like him. I know I'm whipping an undead horse at this point, but he just gets my gut. But I have to admit, I can't find anything about him actually scummy; and from an intellectual standpoint, he's probably town. But he still raises my hackles.

A little light, but I'm trying to get some content out there while I look at some other people.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by LimMePls »

530 was really underwhelming. I don't think you adequately defend yourself from a single one of his decent points. You accuse him of empty rhetoric, but your entire response amounts to "nuh uh, you're wrong and stupid!"

Unvote
Vote: UK
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:04 pm

Then clearly you can't fucking read, LMP, and your votes from now on are meaningless. I refuted his points pretty damn well.

But, for the sake of NOT losing this game to people being fucking idiots, what points do you need clarified? They're pretty fucking obvious, but I'll *try* to dumb it down for someone of your comprehension level.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by Jack »

Why are nacho's points decent?
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by mothrax »

Note my sig... Sorry guys... Don't have the time to contribute like I want to in this game.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:07 pm

Alright, I'm showered and in slightly higher spirits. I still think it's fairly clear if you think about my post for a minute rather than assuming that I'm going to explain every little point as if you don't have a brain, LMP.

If you still can't conclude anything from thinking about it, then please ask for clarifications.

Jack's latest post has a solid point. You're using vague words like decent and underwhelming without really explaining *why*. I don't like that.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:40 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Xine wrote:Nikanor, do you still think Emp is scum?
Yes.
Not reading anything else right now, sorry.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:13 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

UncertainKitten wrote:The sad part is I *do* think Nacho is sincere, just posting a dumb case.
Why?
RedCoyote wrote:I don't get the CJMiller meta argument
Well, before CJM, UK was happily sitting on a bandwagon that she herself created, and what was garnering tons of support. Yet, she suddenly changes her vote to CJ without a meta qualifier, something that's horrendously easy to get. I also pointed out that she's also played with dumbCJtown in mal's massive mindfuck game...
RedCoyote wrote:I don't get the how the Lowell thing is bad (she's just wrong about it).
It's just one vote in a long line of opportunistic, weakly-reasoned votes.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:22 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Thanks for that, Nacho. I understand where you're coming from now much better.

Also I second Nacho's question in the post above. The weirdest thing about UK's reaction is that she thinks Nacho is sincere. If Nacho is being sincere then at least these two points are clearly valid (I'm kind of flip flopping here, but I needed Nacho to explain it to me more clearly).
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:51 pm

Post by Empking »

Unvote

Vote: UK
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:07 am

Post by Jack »

Come to think of it, I bet UK is the SK. The mention of malths game got me to look back at a few of her posts and I get a gut scum feel, she was pretty passionate about killing CJ in malth, and her play reminds me of poa.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:17 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Jack wrote:Come to think of it, I bet UK is the SK. The mention of malths game got me to look back at a few of her posts and I get a gut scum feel, she was pretty passionate about killing CJ in malth, and her play reminds me of poa.
Do you retract your earlier statement about me being sincere, then?
Also, why aren't you voting then? Do you disagree with Nikanor's earlier reasoning about SKs?

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:25 am

Post by Jack »

Sure.

I don't know about UK. The CJ connection seems potentially weak.

What was nikanor's reasoning?
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:35 am

It reads like stupid town Nacho. I'm *used* to stupid town Nacho. He might be sincere, but his points are shitty. He doesn't realize his points are shitty, so I'm pointing out why they are. The use of rhetoric, for one, is dumb.

However, I find it highly interesting Nacho hasn't answered my questions. Why were those things tells, Nacho?

I try to forget Malth's Fuck You Reality game. I don't remember CJ well.

As for "opportunistic voting", again, you're telling me I'm opportunistic for voting people who look REALLY scummy. What's the difference between that and voting scum? Please, enlighten me? Because sometimes, the scum ARE that obvious. Too scummy for scum is a fallacy.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:49 am

Post by Jack »

You have that kind of "It's annoying when people correctly vote me based on terrible arguments" attitude uk.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:59 am

And what am I supposed to say against that? Just "no, I don't"? I mean, it's kinda improvable either way. Um...that's nice Jack? Go ahead and vote me if you think that?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Mod Note:

Searching for a replacement for mothrax. If you know of anyone, please do have them PM me.

Votecount within the hour.
Unless Vi beats me to it.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by Vi »

Votecount 2.03

AGar - 5 - Nikanor, VasudeVa, UncertainKitten, Haylen, Lowell
UncertainKitten - 3 - Nachomamma8, LynchMePls, Empking
mothrax - 2 - RedCoyote, Jack
Haylen - 1 - AGar
LynchMePls - 1 - eldarad
Empking - 1 - Xine

Not Voting: Antihero, Glork, mothrax, Sudo_Nym

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Deadline: November 23

Random notes:

-- The word of the day is GLOSSOLALIA.
-- I'm not doing an activity check. Please complain loudly if you feel someone needs a prod.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”