jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:05 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I will refrain from voting as I don't think I should vote.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:09 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

What happened here guys?

Chesskid has a point. Why not self nominate? You know you are town. Only reason for you not to self nominate is for you not to draw attention.

That proves MoI is scum or third party.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:20 am

Post by chesskid3 »

vezokpiraka wrote:What happened here guys?

Chesskid has a point. Why not self nominate? You know you are town. Only reason for you not to self nominate is for you not to draw attention.
QFT
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:24 am

Post by Enigma »

OK: Catch up from my last content post onwards!

Disclaimer: I'm a sarcastic poster. You can judge my measure of scumminess based on the rate of sarcasm in my posts, where heavy sarcasm usually means I find whatever scummy.

AGar wrote:First question: 5 Normals, 4 themes.
Without Vig: 880 (N), 909* (N), 999 (N), 1006 (T), 1007 (N), 1032 (T), /in-vitational G6 (T)^
With Vig: 992 (N), 1039 (T)

* - Had a CPR Doc, which can pseudo-vig, but not actually choose kills.
^ - Abandoned.

So 2/9 of my personal experiences have had a vig, so my no-vig pool is actually higher.
Setup speculation is stupid and a complete waste of time. And it serves no purpose to town's agenda. Who cares if there is a vig or not? It's pointless and just distracting.
MoI wrote:Certain role-based information absolutely needs to be made early Day 1. Miller claims and Dekes Census information being two examples. I’m not thrilled with Gandalf’s claim but I’ve already shown how we need to deal with it.
And you'ld be the kind of person who would take such claims as the truth hey? Aren't you the one who was criticizing pre-emptive claiming a few pages down the track? There was zero need for Gandalf to put himself in the position he is right now. And your attempt to try and skew that into a scum tell against me is duly noted.
MoI wrote:Also, ITT we learn that Enigma lacks the ability to recognize subtle sarcasm on the Interwebz.
Now I can't read if you are being sarcastic or not, but I congratulate you for your use of irony here. This is relevant for the rest of your points against me later in your posts.
MoI wrote:Way to attempt to present things disproportionately to their actual nature. Gandalf’s presentation of the statement aside there is no reason to go charging after Dekes at this juncture. If he plays scummy enough in the future to warrant consideration we will. No-one is saying BLINDLY trust said information.

You still haven’t given a compelling scum motivation for Dekes Census claim that would warrant your statement here.
Am I suggesting to go charging after Dekes? Or are you just really bad at reading sarcasm on the Interwebz? People are blindly trusting said information, so your point is irrelevant. Hell they are putting him on their pro-town list to get the Jason information. How are we going to see if he is scummy enough when he hasn't posted? Town have no reason to trust the Dekes claim, we can't even judge his play, scum will know whether it's true or not anyways. You suggesting that we ignore him, is a poor effort at trying to divert attention away from your scum buddy.
Can we see that Dekes is prodded? If he hasn't already? He hasn't posted for a week.

This jason voting thing is a complete waste of time and is just distracting town. The only thing it will serve is WIFOM mess for town to filter through when flips/results are given.

I find it fucking amazing that people have all put Dekes on their town list. He has posted nothing and if his claim information makes you honestly believe he is town over others who have posted much more in this game, then I wish you good luck for your mafia career.

You know what's more productive. Let's call out who we think Jason shouldn't give it to (IE: who we think is scummy):
Me first: MoI, Toon, Call.
If you don't want to break the pattern, take my vote as someone who is not on the list.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:26 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Wow lol. We don't self-nominate because while I know I'm town, everyone else doesn't. The point of this is not just to get it sent to town, but also to get it sent to someone who EVERYONE in the game could reasonably agree is town.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:27 am

Post by chesskid3 »

gandalf5166 wrote:Wow lol. We don't self-nominate because while I know I'm town, everyone else doesn't. The point of this is not just to get it sent to town, but also to get it sent to someone who EVERYONE in the game could reasonably agree is town.
The point of this is to get it sent to town.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:58 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

No, if it gets sent to me, and I'm town, then sure, I'll have received it, but who's to say I wasn't recruited? It doesn't prove anything.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:06 am

Post by chesskid3 »

In your case yes. In MoI and AGar's case, no.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:09 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

But there are some people who think they are scum, no? So the point of jason's action is for us to confirm jason. If jason sent it to MoI or AGar, those people wouldn't be satisfied that jason was town. They both know that, so they didn't self-nom because they knew that that wasn't the point.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:27 am

Post by chesskid3 »

If someone reports getting the PM tomorrow life is good. If that person later flips scum, jason may have to defend himself, but if ANYONE reports getting a PM, Jason is not tomorrow's lynch, and therefore town should be putting themselves on their lists
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:55 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Prodding Toon Fighter.
Still looking for a Vren replacement.
Dekes has yet to pick up his prod. -_-

Can you guys find replacements for me? :P
green shirt thursdays
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:06 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

chesskid3 wrote:If someone reports getting the PM tomorrow life is good. If that person later flips scum, jason may have to defend himself, but if ANYONE reports getting a PM, Jason is not tomorrow's lynch, and therefore town should be putting themselves on their lists
Nope. If Call gets the PM, it'll mean less than nothing to me. Same with Enigma. Or Toon Fighter. If I don't think the person who received it is town, then it just means them and jason are buddies.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:41 am

Post by chesskid3 »

It doesn't mean you lynch Jason tomorrow. Wth?
Callandor
Callandor
Goon
Callandor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:01 pm

Post by Callandor »

gandalf5166 wrote:
chesskid3 wrote:If someone reports getting the PM tomorrow life is good. If that person later flips scum, jason may have to defend himself, but if ANYONE reports getting a PM, Jason is not tomorrow's lynch, and therefore town should be putting themselves on their lists
Nope. If Call gets the PM, it'll mean less than nothing to me. Same with Enigma. Or Toon Fighter. If I don't think the person who received it is town, then it just means them and jason are buddies.
did you explain why you found me scummy yet. also this is retarded.

I'm content with jason picking, don't really care. If I had to pick 3 it'd be MOI/Agar/chess I guess. had a busy weekend expect more content when I'm less busy.
WE HAVE TO GO BACK
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Stephoscope replaces Vren! Thanks Steph!
green shirt thursdays
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Hi all! Give me a real-life day or so to catch up, please.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:26 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

If Call gets the PM we don't trust Jason judgement but we still know someone got a PM.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:38 am

Post by dramonic »

Self-nomming is a complete null tell.
The point is for Jason to send it to someone the town trusts most. Voting for oneself does not indicate who the town trust, it indicates you trust yourself (and the opposite would be stupid)
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:07 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

The MP should be sent to MoI, Enigma or AGar.

Sorry guys, I'll try to make a bigger post today but I can't right now
~Toon fighter~
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:15 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

OK i think I have an idea of who to send it too... however, this is taking away from the game and eating into a possible deadline.. we need to hunt scum
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:54 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Toon Fighter wrote:Enigma
Yup, TF is scum.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:28 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Toon Fighter wrote:The MP should be sent to MoI, Enigma or AGar.

Sorry guys, I'll try to make a bigger post today but I can't right now
Wow really? given Enigma is one of the biggest scum suspects right now? how do you justify this?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:40 am

Post by chesskid3 »

lol yeah nice one TF.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Welcome Stephoscope

Chess wrote:You bitches all like living so much that I'm the only one so far who self-nominated.
Interesting.
Are you seriously trying to say that whatever Nightkills occur in the game are going to be driven mainly by the choice of who MIGHT (33% chance) possibly get a message from the Mod / Jason?

I also note the use of the word interesting … which is a classic way to suggest something is scummy when you know you can’t come out and directly say it.
Vezo wrote:What happened here guys?

1. Yet you making some sort of comment about self nomination kind of punches a hole in your theory that it would not draw attention to not self-nom.
2. Everyone who is Town knows they are Town. And the Mafia / suggested 3rd Party aren’t going to say ‘Derp, I’m not Town’. So suggesting that self-nominating is any sort of Town barometer is quite stupid.
3. All you and Chesskid have done is cut down the number of players you have to assert you have Town reads on by 1/3. What alignment do you suppose is more likely to want to minimize their stated Town reads so as to make their mislynching easier down the line?
Enigma wrote:And you'ld be the kind of person who would take such claims as the truth hey? Aren't you the one who was criticizing pre-emptive claiming a few pages down the track? There was zero need for Gandalf to put himself in the position he is right now. And your attempt to try and skew that into a scum tell against me is duly noted.
Other than fluffing up the length of your post what is you point about believing claims? Any Town player should take claims with a grain of salt and weigh the gravity of the player's other contributions. Your constant harping about the claims that have already happened isn't scum hunting, but simply post inflation.

Yes I was the one who criticized pre-emptive claiming. It’s stupid. There was pretty much zero need for Gandalf to do so. You can’t un-ring the bell. I’ve explained the best way to approach his claim. Are you arguing that my approach isn’t valid?

Lastly your ‘I note that you called me scummy’ is fantastic. You have played scummy. But attacking the accuser is classic scum tactics, right?
Engima wrote:People are blindly trusting said information, so your point is irrelevant. Hell they are putting him on their pro-town list to get the Jason information. How are we going to see if he is scummy enough when he hasn't posted? Town have no reason to trust the Dekes claim, we can't even judge his play, scum will know whether it's true or not anyways. You suggesting that we ignore him, is a poor effort at trying to divert attention away from your scum buddy.
Oh, I’m trying to direct attention away from Dekes, my buddy lurker? Funny.

For the most part you seem more interesting in undermining the general Town read everyone has on Dekes than actually scum-hunting? Why not bring pressure towards Toon Fighter, who has 9 posts to Dekes 8 and by far less content? Are you trying to direct attention away from your scum-buddy? He is the only person in the game so far who bothered to suggest you were Town.

Why is Dekes scummy other than lurking? His claim has no scum motivation. Why is Toon Fighter not scum since we can’t ‘see how scummy he is’ since he’s not really posting?
Enigma wrote:This jason voting thing is a complete waste of time and is just distracting town. The only thing it will serve is WIFOM mess for town to filter through when flips/results are given.
Actually it’s a very good tool to gauge who players are willing to label as Town. Down the line that information in conjunction with alignment flips and VC analysis will give plenty of useful information. Nice try to pre-emptively argue away relational tells. Scumtastic.

My vote is currently with Enigma and I’m happy with it there. I’d certainly also strongly support a Toon or vezo wagon at this stage.

@Chess and Gandalf
– If Toon Fighter’s nomination of Enigma suggests that they both are potential scum where are you not voting for either one of them?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

You're missing the point, whether intentionally or otherwise. The point of this is not for everyone to out 3 townreads. The point of this is to make the PM end up in town hands.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”