Mini #1081 - SitMOA Mafia (Endgame... Congrats, winners!)

andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by andrew94 »

then ppl would say 'why dont u tell him to use it, then u vote him?'
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by malthusis »

chesskid3 wrote:
andrew94 wrote:but, then the person who hammered would get in deep shit.
Why? There are many arguments I could make to explain a quickhammer of someone at L-1 who claimed to have a 1-shot governor.
Like what?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

My point was that a quickhammer could be easily explained away by saying "I believed he was scum, and didn't want to have to wait to lynch him until tomorrow", and lynching him before he uses his governor shot is beneficial to town. And the truth is, there are people in this game I would quickhammer in the same situation. Not vezok, because I have a townread on him, but do you see my point?
Optimal town governor shot claiming is not L-1. L-2 is probably best, as then there is no way to be quickhammered really, L-3 is understandable as well. Plus, claiming a shot like that is not a good scum move, since now we can regulate how, and if it ever gets used. Honestly the only pro-town situations I can see using such a shot is on yourself, or at LYLO if there is a quicklynch push.

For example, I won't be using my no lynch shot on anyone other than myself, since a no lynch is incredibly anti-town.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by malthusis »

chesskid3 wrote:My point was that a quickhammer could be easily explained away by saying "I believed he was scum, and didn't want to have to wait to lynch him until tomorrow", and lynching him before he uses his governor shot is beneficial to town. And the truth is, there are people in this game I would quickhammer in the same situation. Not vezok, because I have a townread on him, but do you see my point?
You aren't getting the point. Unless he/she did something that made them undeniably scum or it's a deadline lynch, almost all town players will wait for a claim before lynching. Ending a day early when deadline isn't immediate (and it's not the aforementioned condition) is a scummy move, as it deprives the town of the time that could be used to scumhunt.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

7 days to a deadline. Suppose the vezok wagon slowly moves to him, and he hits L-1 with 3 days left. He has a choice to either accept a misslynch or use his governor shot and force us into a deadline lynch, neither of which end up being good for town, most likely.
Additionally, like I just say, with 3 days left until the deadline, if he just claimed the governor shot without use it, you really think someone wouldn't go for the quickhammer and use that defense?
Any particular reason you wish he had held of on claiming it, burned his governor shot and forced us into a deadline lynch?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Lol this argument again? Long days are anti-town. Players start to drag, and they out-think themselves. At the end of a long game day, townies are in their most moldable status. It's a fact. You can look at any game, and see that it's true.

Also, governor shots can be possessed by scum. Don't forget that.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

My townread of Vezok is independent of his governor shot claim.
Today's lynch should be among RBT,Narsis,Malthusis, in my opinion.

RBT is apparently determined to do absolutely nothing, even with votes on him. Just our luck, he's probably bulletproof. Anyone with a dayvig shot out there will get major townpoints for shooting him so we can get back to Malthusis/Narsis. Pretty please?
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by Narsis »

been sorta dragging my feet with my vote...

Unvote

VOTE: RBT

why the switch?

1. A governor shot is an easily confirmed ability. Furthermore a scum fakeclaim make more sense going for doctor or cop or some other role like that that makes more flavour sense. (yeah WIFOM...fun stuff!)
2. It could be a useful ability later.
3. We can lynch him later if he doesnt continue contributing/does more scummy things.
4. RBT wagon looks good.
Record:
Town: 1W/3L

Mafia: 1W/0L

Other: 0W/0L
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Well this is a pressure wagon, and RBT knows it >_<. Lynching someone who hasn't contributed at all isn't very helpful, that's what vigs are for. The point of a pressure wagon is to pressure the person upon threat of being lynched to provide content. *sigh*
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

@Chess- Is the reasoning behind voting narsis the same "I didn't like his reaction to my vote" thing and "Why me?" or is there any new stuff to support it?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I didn't like his scum suspects either, it seemed too easy. He remains on my scumlist until he produces some nice original content, and some suspicions that aren't copouts.

My vote is currently on RBT, however.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:40 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

chesskid3 wrote:For example, I won't be using my no lynch shot on anyone other than myself, since a no lynch is incredibly anti-town.
So you're saying that you're going to be anti-town and use an anti-town ability, but only when it saves your own skin, denying the town information?
chesskid3 wrote:Well this is a pressure wagon, and RBT knows it >_<.
And I'm supposed to be so oblivious that you haven't stated it over9000 times so far this game? Just because I'm not shouting out who I think is town to everyone doesn't mean I'm not paying attention. The day isn't going to end so suddenly that I can't voice my opinions yet. It might just so happen that I'm watching carefully instead of just randomly spouting anything that comes to mind. This comes with actually reading the game, though.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:45 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

A no lynch is better than a guaranteed town lynch. You know that's exactly what I meant, so why did you feel the need to mention this?

How about you comment on a single thing that has happened this game that isn't me telling you to comment on a single thing that has happened this game?
Comment on a player who isn't me for bonus points.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:07 pm

Post by andrew94 »

chess, why did u claim
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:17 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Because it's useless?
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:18 pm

Post by andrew94 »

and?
should all vanilla townies claim because they are useless? no.
so why did you
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:20 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I didn't fullclaim, so how is me saying I have a no lynch shot bad?
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:09 am

Post by Dark Horse »

Doombunny9 wrote:I don't really understand DH's vote much. To clarify; You're voting chess because he accused you of a chainsaw defense, the "omglulz RVS" and didn't answer a question? DH- clarify?
1. He said I was scum because I had vote for chess while he had voted narsis, claiming i was buzzsaw defending
2. He said RVS is over much later than anyone else, and said that people who pointing that out where bandwagoning
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:22 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Chess: What did you claim ?
I don't understand.

Narsis got the point. Stop saying i am scummy and I shouldn't have claimed and start scum hunting.

@andrew: Do you think a Vanilla townie is useless?

@DH: You are voting chess for your reason. If chess wagon isn't going anywhere who is your second target and why?
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:23 am

Post by chesskid3 »

I claimed a no lynch shot.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:55 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

What does that mean?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:03 am

Post by chesskid3 »

it's like your governor shot, except it forces a no lynch, so it's pretty useless.
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:35 am

Post by Narsis »

chesskid3 wrote:Well this is a pressure wagon, and RBT knows it >_<. Lynching someone who hasn't contributed at all isn't very helpful, that's what vigs are for. The point of a pressure wagon is to pressure the person upon threat of being lynched to provide content. *sigh*
if you say a wagon is a pressure wagon...then where did the pressure go? now he knows he's not a lynch target so why even bother to do anything more then he already has been?
chesskid3 wrote:I didn't fullclaim, so how is me saying I have a no lynch shot bad?
because there was no reason to say so except to throw in WIFOM and try to draw suspicion off of you?
chesskid3 wrote:A no lynch is better than a guaranteed town lynch. You know that's exactly what I meant, so why did you feel the need to mention this?
except if you go as far as the town wanting to lynch you...then to the town it's not a guaranteed town lynch. and it's not like you using the ability would take suspicion off of you or put it on someone else.
Riceballtail wrote:
chesskid3 wrote:For example, I won't be using my no lynch shot on anyone other than myself, since a no lynch is incredibly anti-town.
So you're saying that you're going to be anti-town and use an anti-town ability, but only when it saves your own skin, denying the town information?
this.

@vezok: since you claimed a one-shot governor power...care to share the flavour behind said shot?

same could be asked of chesskid...care to share the flavour behind the no lynch shot?
Record:
Town: 1W/3L

Mafia: 1W/0L

Other: 0W/0L
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:33 am

Post by andrew94 »

@vezo, chess said that hes one shot no lynch is useless. by that logic, vanilla townies are useless because they have nothing, right? so according to that, all vt should claim since they are useless. but that just helps scum sniper other ppl with pro abilities. chess failed.

and a pressure wagon is useless if u state it is a presusre wagon
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:41 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

No flavor.

I am some kind of magician. And that's all. I can mess with people's minds.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”