Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:10 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Vote Count

werewolf555 (5) - saporovirus, Gonzoooo, implosion, ThAdmiral, smashbro_of_the_SSS
mallowgeno (2) - Purple Orange, don_johnson
Purple Orange (1) - werewolf555
Gonzoooo (1) - lewarcher82

Not Voting (3) - Powerrox93, mallowgeno, Zhero

With 12 alive it is 7 to lynch. The deadline is set for the end of November 21st, PST.
Last edited by Alduskkel on Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:19 am

Post by mallowgeno »

purple orange wrote:Why should he care what Don thought? Was there any reason for him to follow/humor Don over someone else?
Is there a reason why I should/shouldn't follow someone in the RVS? Get over that. As for werewolf, prematurely claiming is quite scummy. Even so, if you are a VT you take it until you are lynched (unless lylo/mylo).

vote werewolf
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:07 am

Post by Zhero »

Hmm, I smell a bus.

Vote: mallowgeno

Mallow, what do you think of Lew?
-Zhero
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:07 am

Post by saporovirus »

Mallo's post doesn't strike me as genuine.
but I love you still

unsanitary999: african earl grey more like a freakin' pearl gay
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:16 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Zhero wrote:Hmm, I smell a bus.
What does it smell like? Old people and kids?
Seriously though if he is bussing then werewolf would also be scum.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:30 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

ThAdmiral wrote:
QFT
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:31 am

Post by saporovirus »

ThAdmiral wrote:
Well yah. But mallo chose the feeblest of reasons to vote for werewolf, which could mean he's not actually reading this game too carefully.

However today would be a really bad day to bus one's scumfriend...
but I love you still

unsanitary999: african earl grey more like a freakin' pearl gay
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:33 am

Post by don_johnson »

true, thad, but the mallow wagon still looks better. zhero could just be smelling himself bussing mallow. :)
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:41 am

Post by Gonzoooo »

unvote, vote: Zhero

sapo wrote:But mallo chose the feeblest of reasons to vote for werewolf, which could mean he's not actually reading this game too carefully.
What's feeble about it? Early claiming is indeed scummy.

I think Zhero's nonsensical voting stinks completely. Why you wouldn't push the person you think is scum and has the bigger wagon is beyond me...unless you're trying hard to stay off the wagon. That's scummy regardless of werewolf's alignment.
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:42 am

Post by Gonzoooo »

EBWOP: trying hard to stay off the wagon while still pushing it with vocal support
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:04 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

Gonzooo is right. Mallow's vote is legitimate. Early claim is scummy.

But why did you unvote werewolf, Gonzooo? Does Zhero's post make werewolf less likely to be scum?
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:33 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Apparently whatever I say won't be taken seriously, therefore I refuse to answer. (oooo scummy)
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by implosion »

mallowgeno wrote:Apparently whatever I say won't be taken seriously, therefore I refuse to answer. (oooo scummy)
First of all, no.
Second of all, you saying things helps us determine your alignment regardless of whether or not those things are smart/accurate/taken seriously.
Third of all, what would you lose by not answering even if it wasn't taken seriously? You were asked. Why are you avoiding the question?

Why you not only passively but now actively refuse literally to do anything is beyond me, unless you are scum. You even admit that what you are doing is scummy.
mallowgeno wrote:As for werewolf, prematurely claiming is quite scummy. Even so, if you are a VT you take it until you are lynched (unless lylo/mylo).
Please, elaborate on why you think this is scummy (just to make sure, others, please don't answer for him, I want to hear
his
reasoning).
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Gonzoooo »

lewarcher82 wrote:Gonzooo is right. Mallow's vote is legitimate. Early claim is scummy.

But why did you unvote werewolf, Gonzooo? Does Zhero's post make werewolf less likely to be scum?
Because it's a scummy vote by Zhero regardless of werewolf's alignment. When I see an action that absolutely has no town motivation whatsoever, it's very very likely to be coming from scum.

Think of it this way:

1) werewolf-town is being wagoned - Zhero votes mallow for being a "bussing" partner because he wants to keep calling werewolf scum, but he's trying to stay off of the mislynch to avoid wagon analysis tomorrow.

2) werewolf-scum - Zhero votes mallow for being a "bussing" partner because he doesn't want to join his buddy werewolf's wagon, but still needs to pay lip-service to it in case he actually is lynched today. Then tomorrow he can say 'oh yeah, I found werewolf scummy!' even though he wasn't on the lynch wagon.

Now, ask yourself why Zhero-town would vote for a lesser wagon even though he apparently thinks werewolf is scum? Does not compute.
Purple Orange
Purple Orange
Goon
Purple Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by Purple Orange »

lewarcher82 wrote:huh, guys: I did not know the meaning of humor, but I started studying English when I was 4 years old, so you should not think that my whole game is conditioned by a linguistic imparement... it normally isn't, and this is the first time that this problem is so frequently referred to in a thread. So Purple, if I was a native speaker would I look scummy to you? If so, please vote me, and explain why.
Apologies -- finished the re-read, but this is going to be shorter than I would have liked; have ended up with some RL stuff to deal with the next couple days. :/ Basically, it was instances of sarcasm and arrogance in response to minor pressure, and occasional things I read as nervous attempts at humor, that I saw as scummy. Stuff like that isn't necessarily scummy, but can certainly be read as such, and I've wavered back and forth between doing so. Calling it an English-as-a-second-language issue was misguided of me; it's more an issue of your playstyle, and me trying to determine whether you'd act that way whether you were scum or not.

Your most recent posts haven't struck me as scummy, and I'm more confident voting for wolf or mallow than I am for you at this point.

And another note:
People are jumping on wolf over this switch of vote and "easier to lynch" thing, but I actually think he actually explained himself coherently. (Whether there's scumslips in the language he actually chose, and whether his explanation is a plausible one, are different matters. But it's at least coherent).

Wolf said in his 3rd post, where he voted for Gonzoooo, that he believed Gonzoooo and Consig were scumbuddies. Consig later started to get more votes than Gonzoooo, and kept engaging in behavior that was making him more suspect than Gonzoooo. He looked like the easier of the two to get lynched first. So wolf moved his vote over to Consig, to aid the process, and to try to make sure at least one of his suspects got lynched. (This is what the "economical" use of the vote referred to).

In terms of the outline of his reasoning, I don't see it as being very different from me saying in my post that I suspect both wolf and mallow of being scum, and am willing to vote for either of them. As I think wolf's first post was a garbage reason pulled out of thin air, though, the fact that he's consistently stuck to his case doesn't make me suspect him any less.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

implosion wrote:
mallowgeno wrote:As for werewolf, prematurely claiming is quite scummy. Even so, if you are a VT you take it until you are lynched (unless lylo/mylo).
Please, elaborate on why you think this is scummy (just to make sure, others, please don't answer for him, I want to hear
his
reasoning).
This is in English is it not?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by implosion »

mallowgeno wrote:
implosion wrote:
his
reasoning).
You say it's scummy. I'm asking why you think it's scummy. E.G., why would a scum be more likely to claim early than a townie?
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by Zhero »

Gonzoooo wrote:I think Zhero's nonsensical voting stinks completely. Why you wouldn't push the person you think is scum and has the bigger wagon is beyond me...unless you're trying hard to stay off the wagon. That's scummy regardless of werewolf's alignment.
I think adding my vote to the werewolf wagon would've been a bad idea since he was L-1 at the time... I don't feel we've exhausted the day's conversation yet. Why are you mad at me for not quickhammering?

In addition to that, I get a scummier vibe from mallow than I do from werewolf. The bus feel comes from the fact that a scummy player gets pushed to L-1 by another scummier player for little reason. Mallow's recent response (or lack thereof) only firms by belief that he is the better wagon.
EBWOP: trying hard to stay off the wagon while still pushing it with vocal support
Do you think town is incapable of reading beyond votecounts? I agree with the werewolf lynch as I've stated I do, but I only have one vote.
mallow wrote:Apparently whatever I say won't be taken seriously, therefore I refuse to answer. (oooo scummy)
Agreed, this is pretty scummy.
-Zhero
Purple Orange
Purple Orange
Goon
Purple Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by Purple Orange »

mallowgeno wrote:
purple orange wrote:Why should he care what Don thought? Was there any reason for him to follow/humor Don over someone else?
Is there a reason why I should/shouldn't follow someone in the RVS? Get over that.

vote werewolf
Usually people don't follow a vote to "humor" other people -- they follow it because they think the person is possibly correct. It was a very strange reason you gave, and I thought the word choice might have indicated some previous connection between you guys. Have you played a game together in the past?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:52 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Gonzoooo wrote:I think Zhero's nonsensical voting stinks completely. Why you wouldn't push the person you think is scum and has the bigger wagon is beyond me...unless you're trying hard to stay off the wagon. That's scummy regardless of werewolf's alignment.
True dat.

vote: zhero
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:56 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ zhero: I don't think your explanation for your actions in post 217 adds up.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:25 am

Post by mallowgeno »

implosion wrote:
mallowgeno wrote:
implosion wrote:
his
reasoning).
You say it's scummy. I'm asking why you think it's scummy. E.G., why would a scum be more likely to claim early than a townie?
The scum would claim earlier than a townie because they are trying too hard to be town. Claiming early as VT is anti-town because it makes it easier for scum to find prs if the player that claims VT is legit. And think about it. Scum would claim VT at this stage in the game because if they claimed a pr, they would get lynched either today or tomorrow, guaranteed.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:26 am

Post by mallowgeno »

I think he could be town. Not 100% sure though. Leaning town.

What do you think of Lew?
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:28 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

Gonzoooo wrote:
lewarcher82 wrote:Gonzooo is right. Mallow's vote is legitimate. Early claim is scummy.

Because it's a scummy vote by Zhero regardless of werewolf's alignment. When I see an action that absolutely has no town motivation whatsoever, it's very very likely to be coming from scum.

Think of it this way:

1) werewolf-town is being wagoned - Zhero votes mallow for being a "bussing" partner because he wants to keep calling werewolf scum, but he's trying to stay off of the mislynch to avoid wagon analysis tomorrow.

2) werewolf-scum - Zhero votes mallow for being a "bussing" partner because he doesn't want to join his buddy werewolf's wagon, but still needs to pay lip-service to it in case he actually is lynched today. Then tomorrow he can say 'oh yeah, I found werewolf scummy!' even though he wasn't on the lynch wagon.

Now, ask yourself why Zhero-town would vote for a lesser wagon even though he apparently thinks werewolf is scum? Does not compute.
You have a very good point here. Even Zhero 217 is no good explanation. If he did not want to quickhammer, all he had to do was not voting. The reasons for his vote on mallow are terrible. A claim at L-3 looks very bad.

vote:Zhero
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:52 am

Post by don_johnson »

unvote, vote: zhero

i can dig it.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9