ATHF Mafia OVER(roles and whatnot revealed)

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Well, Vibebox, now that you are actually explaining what you meant with your #65, it's not at all IIoA now isn't it? Your #65 alone is fillyed shitty unexplained statements on stuff happening in thread that I couldn't even understand what you meant by them. It may be partially my fault that I didn't understand it and saw it as shitposting, but it is also partially your fault that you didn't even bother to explain what you meant with some of those statements because you choose to be the that one guy with lame one liners that he thinks universally understandable.

OMG POSTING EXPLOSION
Votecount (as of post 158)
implosion: 1 (podium)
podium: 4 (Fate, GhostWriter, Nacho, Seacore) L-3
Seacore: 1 (implosion) L-6
VibeBox: 3 (Magna, VasudeVa, Zinive) L-4

you'll get flavor when I get back from my gig tonight. promise :oops:
Last edited by Untrod Tripod on Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by Fate »

So you tailor your responses to the cases against you and NOT to what your play and motivations were at the time?

So your motivation is to diffuse the cases against you instead of adequately defending your play and showing your thought process?

So you claimed scum?

So you didn't respond to my latest and greatest abotu how you've flopped from "i was askin if u were serious" and "i thought u waz about to make a scum move, so i wanted to see your bullshit crumb"

DIE
I CAN NOT BE SILENCED WITHOUT BULLETS.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by Fate »

VasudeVa wrote:Well, Vibebox, now that you are actually explaining what you meant with your #65, it's not at all IIoA now isn't it? Your #65 alone is fillyed shitty unexplained statements on stuff happening in thread that I couldn't even understand what you meant by them. It may be partially my fault that I didn't understand it and saw it as shitposting, but it is also partially your fault that you didn't even bother to explain what you meant with some of those statements because you choose to be the that one guy with lame one liners that he thinks universally understandable.
VV if you're not voting Podium or doing anything but dickin around on some side angle with someone that's posting more reads and thoughts than half the playerlist then...

GOOD TO HAVE YA BACK VV.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Fate »

An ISO of VV makes me put him as my #2.

I still have a wary eye on Seacore though, who I feel may be difficult to catch as scum (haven't seen his scumgame yet).
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by Seacore »

Podium, I agree. GW's case seems to be that you knew the breadcrumb was a joke/lie and wanted to bring it up to store it and use it later.

While you're waiting for that, can you please respond to the inconsitencies that fate has pointed out.

This is a precise example of "debating the tells" that I'm talking about. Your defence is all about other people's arguments, not about your actions and alignment.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by Seacore »

Fate wrote:I still have a wary eye on Seacore though, who I feel may be difficult to catch as scum (haven't seen his scumgame yet).
Hehe, nobody has, because there isn't one.

I'm looking forward to seeing it myself.

But on a more serious note, VV is discussing with Vibe the exact issue I have with Vibe. He's not assisting the town but just assuming that his thoughts are understood. I want Vibe to be more transparent (I like everybody to be)
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Fate wrote:So you tailor your responses to the cases against you and NOT to what your play and motivations were at the time?
you are a f'ing spaz, and this doesn't even make sense.

the question is whether or not GW's case involved me knowing that you were joking.

i have no idea what you mean about 'tailoring my responses to the cases made against me, and not to my motivations'. the quote you provided was an explanation of my motives.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Fate wrote:
VasudeVa wrote:Well, Vibebox, now that you are actually explaining what you meant with your #65, it's not at all IIoA now isn't it? Your #65 alone is fillyed shitty unexplained statements on stuff happening in thread that I couldn't even understand what you meant by them. It may be partially my fault that I didn't understand it and saw it as shitposting, but it is also partially your fault that you didn't even bother to explain what you meant with some of those statements because you choose to be the that one guy with lame one liners that he thinks universally understandable.
VV if you're not voting Podium or doing anything but dickin around on some side angle with someone that's posting more reads and thoughts than half the playerlist then...

GOOD TO HAVE YA BACK VV.
I'll slog through your 'case' when I'm in a mood to read your posts(Date TBA) and get right back atcha.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Seacore wrote: While you're waiting for that, can you please respond to the inconsitencies that fate has pointed out.

This is a precise example of "debating the tells" that I'm talking about. Your defence is all about other people's arguments, not about your actions and alignment.
do you guys realize how much i am being freaking hit with right now? i get started on a response, and click the thread and see four or five more posts that i have to respond to. and with fate acting like an idiot and just talking to hear himself talk, it's a freaking challenge to stay on top of things. so please stop asking me to respond to things.

ive been trying to finish a response to your accusation. if i can ever finish that, i will move on to others.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Fate »

VasudeVa wrote:
Fate wrote:

GOOD TO HAVE YA BACK VV.
I'll slog through your 'case' when I'm in a mood to read your posts(Date TBA) and get right back atcha.
Its not about my case, its about having READS on OTHER people in the game besides this little sandbox fight with Vibe you're having.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Seacore wrote: Your defence is all about other people's arguments, not about your actions and alignment.
I think that's pretty disingenuous. My action was that i mistook fate's initial post as a serious comment, when it was a joke. I said that from the very beginning, and there's not much else that could be said about it.

Since then, i have had to defend against two different theories that contradict each other at their base... i dont understand how i can defend myself without discussing their arguments, and if need be, showing how weak/unlikely they might be.

Seacore wrote:Here are some examples:
podium123456 wrote:If i'm scum then why do i need to try and get a read on your alignment, dumbass?
podium123456 wrote: What exactly was i caught doing?

ORLY? Explain to me how my comment showed that i was concerned for seacore.
podium123456 wrote:

But hold on... i just realized something... what i
basically
said was 'is this a serious post'... i just said asked it in a different way. You are acting like i made some big case about Fate and voted him or said he was scummy or something... all i basically did was ask if it was a serious post. When i found out it wasn't, i dropped it. You're telling me that is a scumtell?

Sheesh... i just solved everything you have against me right there.

Next dilemma.
To me, these are reading increasingly more as you engaging in a discussion as to why the 'scum tells' are justified, rather than why you aren't scum.
The only example here that involves discussing whether or not something is a justifiable scum tell, is the third quote about me comparing what i did, to asking if it was a serious vote. And that doesn't even involve an accusation that was directed at me... that was me using an analogy, and asking if my analogy was a scumtell.

The first two examples don't, and it looks like a migggghty big stretch to try and connect them to your accusation. For example, me asking questions in the second quote has nothing to do with whether or not the accusations are legitimate scumtells -- not even close.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As a matter of fact, the only time i can recall doing what you are accusing me of was earlier with the 'you're a f'ing idiot' discussion. I said it was unlikely to actually happen, and i still stand by that.

The fact that this seems to be the sole reason for you jumping on my bandwagon (excessively questioning the validity of scumtells) makes me pretty damn suspicous of you. Add in the illogical connections you tried to make above, and the suspicion grows. Almost as if you thought you could slip in quickly with a vague comment like that, and think i would be too overwhelmed with everything else to notice and/or defend against it.

well, i'm not.

UNVOTE
VOTE: Seacore
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by podium123456 »

ok that's like 2 hours ive wasted on this site just now. im taking a break, ill address the rest later tonight.

and i hope fate pisses all in his pink ruffly panties because i haven't answered him yet.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by Fate »

Unvote:
Vote: Seacore
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by Fate »

podium123456 wrote:ok that's like 2 hours ive wasted on this site just now. im taking a break, ill address the rest later tonight.

and i hope fate pisses all in his pink ruffly panties because i haven't answered him yet.
You still have to respond, if only because of this sass.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by Seacore »

podium wrote:Almost as if you thought you could slip in quickly with a vague comment like that, and think i would be too overwhelmed with everything else to notice and/or defend against it.
So the part where I direct your attention precisely to my points? This is the part where i was hoping you wouldn't notice?

Fate, were you persuaded by Podium, or is it the earlier points that have got you voting for me?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by Fate »

Little bit of both. Little dash of secret ingredients as well.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:26 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Seacore wrote:
podium wrote:Almost as if you thought you could slip in quickly with a vague comment like that, and think i would be too overwhelmed with everything else to notice and/or defend against it.
So the part where I direct your attention precisely to my points? This is the part where i was hoping you wouldn't notice?
You prefaced your vote (that you had just said you were going to think about over the weekend) with one of those vague comments. When i asked you for an example, you made another general comment. Only after i asked you a second time did you provide specifics.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:26 pm

Post by Fate »

I want those responses on my desk soon or the vote's moving back.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by Seacore »

podium123456 wrote:
Seacore wrote:
You prefaced your vote (that you had just said you were going to think about over the weekend) with one of those vague comments. When i asked you for an example, you made another general comment. Only after i asked you a second time did you provide specifics.
Well, I was actually already going through your posts prior to you asking me the second time, but there's no way for me to prove that, so fair enough.

But my first comment still stands, it's not just those quotes. Your attitude the whole time has been "you can't find me scummy for those things" as opposed to "I'm not scum".

Anyway, this is getting circular, I recommend that the three of us stop posting until all other players have contributed.
This is with the exception of podium responding to his inconsistencies.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by Fate »

Two minutes?

Not bad.

Not bad at all.

Posting =/= lynching. We can post all we damn want, if you're the only two here I'll do all I can to determine you're alignment. I don't want anyone dead before others come, but we can talk all we want.

I suppose you can live for the 2mins and not making a "carefully prepared response"

Unvote:
Vote: Podium

Never been scum? Literally never?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by Seacore »

@Fate, my idea is that giving the other players 7 pages to catch up on is better than giving them 12 for having them contribute.

And no, never been scum, on this site or on any other.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by Fate »

Something tells me you'd be like Thor.

I mean, I'm debating... in my head... Not being scum for a whole year then being scum...

There would be a lot of interesting psychology there, and I think its safe to say you are town this game or a grand mastermind.

PAGES SCHMAGES. THEY SHOULDVE KNOWN WHAT THEY WERE SIGNING UP FOR.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by Seacore »

Hehe, like those is SAII and [redacted]?

Thor665? I like him as a player, got a link for him as cult, I want to go read?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by Fate »

CULT?

GET YOUR GAMES STRAIGHT. YOU SCUMBAG!

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 23&t=15064
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 52&start=0
My very first time as scum, it's slightly marred since the setup was probably unbalanced against town (though perhaps over favoring the independent win condition). In any case, Day 1 ended with me and fellow scum semi-oldguy bussing our third scumbuddy who had basically managed to step in it right out of the gate. I suffered some early suspicion for ending the RVS too early and being town-leaderish (which also had other players calling me town for it, so take that with what grains of sodium you choose). The next few days had town hunting down the independent win condition, which worked out nicely for scum, and also had two vigs that ended up killing town both times. In the end town had mostly drawn battle lines between two separate possible pairings and there was only one scum amongst either pairing so that worked out pretty well. Mostly I ended up feeling guilty for being scum because I think I discovered I'm a town player at heart, probably more evidence is needed for that conclusion though. Still, a mostly fun game, some interesting discussion, meeting a couple new players I definitely want to play with again, and a win after a couple of losses makes this one an overall positive experience.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Seacore wrote: This is with the exception of podium responding to his inconsistencies.
That's twice you've said that. Just because fate craps out of his mouth and says it's me being inconsistent, it doesn't mean it actually is. Where have i been inconsistent, since you seem so eager to hear me address it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fate ive waded through the last few pages of your post-a-thon... between all your yelling, arguing other peoples cases, and posting quotes irrelevant to anything being discussed, i don't really see this big contradiction or whatever it is you are calling it.

I'll address this post, as the content of it seems to have your dander up.

Fate wrote: Clarification: my case on you isn't that you thought i was serious, its that you had a gut scumreaction to my post and asked what breadcrumbs. NOW you have degenerated into this bullshit reasoning: "because i knew that whatever 'breadcrumb' you thought you found was nothing more than a made up scummy move on him... "
degenerated? where did i degenerate from? i'm not following you.
Fate wrote: ^^ This implies that you DID think I was serious, as in scumserious. AKA you thought it was scum move. Which is just you retroactively justifying why you asked me in such a weird way.
Uh... yeah, because i did.* When have i said that i DIDN'T think you were serious?

*in case anyone is paying attention, fate is supporting my explanation against GW's accusation/vote here.

Fate wrote: So your stories are:
1. I thought you were being scum Fate making up shit, so I wanted to know what kind of BS you would come up with as a breadcrumb.
2. I was asking you if you were serious in a roundabout way by asking what the supposed breadcrumb was.

SO WHICH, FUCKIN, IS IT?
??

It's the same one... the one it has always been. How do those two statements conflict?

Combine them, and it is what actually happened.

:?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”