ATHF Mafia OVER(roles and whatnot revealed)

Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:58 pm

Post by Fate »

@Podium's recent posting:

STILL no Fate read.

STILL no explanation of the contradiction that I clearly outlined
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Hey podium!
(hey what?)
I don't have to rewrite your rebuttal!
(my what?)
Why? BECAUSE THERE'S COPY AND PASTE.
podium123456 wrote:Ok, just finished going through the thread. My thoughts:

@ Fate - He's pretty tunneled on me, as well as a little weird. His initial argument against me... (that i was actually scum, and was wanting to know what the bread crumb was for my benefit)... is just as dumb as me not realizing his initial comment was sarcastic. i mean, do you really think that as scum, i would genuinely be asking that? That would be pretty naive, and i would expect most people to assume that... just like most people might assume that fate was joking.

the difference is that when i realized fate was joking, i dropped it... but fate keeps trudging along with his theory, even though i explained what i was doing. i dont find him that scummy right now, though. and yes, what i said was similar to asking 'are you serious'.

now i will sit here and wait for him to yell and curse at me.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

@ Vibebox - i didnt see anything wrong with his vote.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

@ Implosion:
implosion wrote:
Seacore wrote:Then again, I'm used to always being accused of scum early in Day 1, as some of you can attest to, so maybe I was just paranoid.
Excuses excuses excuses.
VOTE: Seacore
So far this is the scummiest thing i have found so far. (which doesn't necessarily mean it's severe)

I dont see how you couldn't understand the context of this. He was explaining why he read nacho and fate's posts in a serious manner... because he is used to being accused of being scum early on D1.

How is that out of place/context?

Your rebuttal to seacore was:
It basically amounts to saying "hey guys, people always find me scummy so even if I'm scummy you shouldn't accuse me for it."
It doesn't amount to that at all. Not even close.

UNVOTE
VOTE: implosion

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On a related note, i want to ask seacore why you left off the argument where you did. what he said (that i just quoted) was a complete misrepresentation of what you said. Now... he might have taken something the wrong way, and not realized what you actually meant... but why didn't you correct him? Why would you back down from that argument when it is so easy (and evident) to show that he is mistaken/wrong?

Makes me wonder if that was a light distancing attempt, and seacore maybe tried to let it go as a light encounter, instead of getting into a bigger discussion over it.

And when i think about it that way, implosions inaccurate paraphrase looks like something a scum would say to another scum early in the game, as a light bus.
GhostWriter wrote:Okay, this is down-right pathetic and/or scummy. Clearly, Fate is using this to make an RVS vote. Clearly. Very fucking clearly. Podium deserved the vote he got for allegedly not seeing that. Probably thought Fate would just point out that it was an RVS vote and leave it at that, though he apparently doesn't know Fate very well. "Sarcasm doesn't work well in text". Really? It's the RVS, the part of the game most likely to be filled with nothing but sarcasm and joking around. In fact, choo-choo. VOTE: Podium
Zinive wrote:This is around my 9th game and I would like to know from everyone how many games he/she has already played already.
25+ on this site.
Wait. My heart didn't skip a beat in joy.

YOU DIDN'T DO GOOD ENOUGH.
YOUR RESPONSE WAS QUITE LITERALLY "REALLY?" THAT'S NOT A REBUTTAL. IF HE WASN'T SERIOUS, HE WOULDN'T BE VOTING YOU.

What did you expect, anyways? Him to go "Nah, just fuckin with ya mate. I really want to vote this easily mislynchable townie."

NO. GET OUT OF CANDYLAND, PANSY.
Bolded for the blind.
Actually,
Nachomamma8 wrote:YOUR RESPONSE WAS QUITE LITERALLY "REALLY?" THAT'S NOT A REBUTTAL. IF HE WASN'T SERIOUS, HE WOULDN'T BE VOTING YOU.
Nachomamma8 wrote:YOUR RESPONSE WAS QUITE LITERALLY "REALLY?" THAT'S NOT A REBUTTAL. IF HE WASN'T SERIOUS, HE WOULDN'T BE VOTING YOU.
YOU HAVEN'T RESPONDED TO THIS SINGLE LINE. THIS IS POST #111. IF IT WAS SO TERRIBLE THEN WHY DID YOU IGNORE THE POINT OF IT?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by Seacore »

Actually Fate, there was a response to the contradiction. He denies it exists.

Also, I'm serious about the OMGUS case on me. If it was an actual case on me it would involve other posts I've made, and he'd probably look into who else finds me guilty to find more evidence to hang me with. But he doesn't. He openly admits he hasn't looked at why Fate finds me guilty. Instead it's "I don't like why you find me guilty, so you must be guilty!"
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

@podium: IRRELEVANT? I QUOTED YOUR REBUTTAL AND THEN GW'S CASE. HOW THE HELL IS THAT IRRELEVANT????
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Seacore wrote:
podium wrote:And what exactly did you call it when i stopped in the middle of "accuse podium day 2010" to make a case against seacore? was that 'all fuckin defense' too?
I believe that's called an OMGUS defense ;)
Heh, F you seacore. i pissed away all my other waste-time-on-the-computer time here today, so i'm in rant-mode now... proceed with caution. :twisted:

And no, your smiley face won't make me forget that i asked you to show me where my inconsistencies were.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
fate wrote: THATS WHERE THE INCONSISTENCY IS:
1. You are either confused, "ARE YOU FOR REAL FATE?"
OR
2. You are seeing a scum move, and asking "WHERE DAT BREADCRUMB AT?"

There is no inconsistency there, knucklehead. One is not exclusive of the other. I was confused if i was seeing a scum move, so i asked to find out.

THINK.

NINJA EDIT:
fate wrote: @Podium's recent posting:

STILL no Fate read.

STILL no explanation of the contradiction that I clearly outlined
GIVE ME 5 MINUTES YOU GD SPAZ.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:03 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

so you were lookin for breadcrumb???
but you wondered if he was real??
town wouldn't care. town would vote. it was rvs. what breadcrumb could he see?
but no, your scummy ass believed him, believed him. your fault, not ours.

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by Fate »

@Seacore:
He said it didn't exist here"
I thought you were serious. I asked that question to find out if you really were. when i saw that you werent, that was it. Me questioning you doesn't mean that i really thought you weren't serious... it means that i didnt know for sure... hence the question.

i see where you are trying to go, but i dont think you can get there with what actually happened. i dont see conflicting/inconsistent/whatever stories here.
I immediately posted this (condensed version):
Fate wrote:But the way you PHRASED IT.

And the way you EXPLAINED said phrasing is here:
Fate wrote:
podium123456 wrote:i knew that whatever 'breadcrumb' you thought you found was nothing more than a made up scummy move on him... so i wanted to see what kind of ridiculous concoction you were going to come up with.
So your phrasing was off "what breadcrumb?" If your question was "why so serious?" "iz u 4realz?" "is that vote srs business?" WE WOULDNT BE HAVING THIS TALK.

And what's your explanation for that phrasing?
podium123456 wrote:i knew that whatever 'breadcrumb' you thought you found was nothing more than a made up scummy move on him... so i wanted to see what kind of ridiculous concoction you were going to come up with.
That you were trying to push a case on me if i had responded showing you what the breadcrumb was.

THATS WHERE THE INCONSISTENCY IS:
1. You are either confused, "ARE YOU FOR REAL FATE?"
OR
2. You are seeing a scum move, and asking "WHERE DAT BREADCRUMB AT?"
2a. How you even saw that as a scum move is BEYOND ME and further justifies my thinking that you retro-actively came up with your "thinking process" to explain away my case based on trying to create a "town thinking process" for the situation (aka "I thought you were doing something scummy fate! so I asked you to try to trap you!") instead of your actual scum thinking process, which was a gut rolefish that you thought would be harmless to ask in the RVS.

I CANT MAKE IT ANY CLEARER THAN THAT. LUCKILY WE HAVE MOI HERE TO MAKE SENSE OF YOUR FAILED SCUMHUNTING ATTEMPTS.

Also:

MoI showed your VV scum read disappeared. I question your apparent 180 flip onto a VV town read and buddying up to him calling his post sexy. IF you were town could he not be scum off the wagon trying to subtly defend you?
BUT NO. HES AUTO-TOWN CAUSE HE CALLED YOU TRANSPARENTLY TOWN, AMIRITE?
So no he has not responded.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Seacore wrote:Instead it's "I don't like why you find me guilty, so you must be guilty!"
Right. Because i liked the reasons why spaz/vibe/GW/Nacho found me guilty.

/sarcasm
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Fate wrote:
no i hadn't responded yet...

because all of you faggots are sitting around saying things and then mashing the refresh button every 2 seconds to see if have responded yet.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

podium123456 wrote:
VasudeVa wrote:

200 TONS OF IN YOUR FACE GD PERRY MASON LEVEL AWESOMENESS

Srsly. Freaking impressive summary of this entire slopfest.

[slow clap.gif]
THIS TOTALLY DOESN'T READ AS YOU BUDDYING THE ONLY PERSON WHO'S CALLED YOU TOWN THIS WHOLE DAMN GAME, NOPE NOPE NOPE!

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by Fate »

OK he has.

I've also explained why the "scummy move u makin" looks like a retroactively added "this is what I was thinking" rather than what you were actually thinking.

Its not so much my point about them being exclusive as it is your thought process not lining up:

"Am I seeing a scum move? Lemme ask" Its still convoluted as hell because WHAT SCUM MOVE DID YOU THINK YOU WERE SEEING? That I was going to push a case on him for breadcrumbing?

When in the hell did you EVER hear that as a scumtell? When have you EVER heard of anyone pushing a case on ANYONE for breadcrumbing?

THE SCUM MOVE YOU ARE MENTIONING IS FABRICATED. YOU WERE NOT LOOKING FOR IT. YOU WERE BUSY BEING SCUM.

PEDITS:
IM GLAD YOU HAVE TIME TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE SPEED WE"RE ACCUSING YOU AT AND NOT TIME TO RESPOND PROPERLY TO THINGS.

Like VV, how is he suddenly amazingly town?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

podium wrote:I only called one person on my wagon an idiot. Although you aren't far behind.
and that's only cuz you're Crayola creative. you've called us all names, at least. you haven't really defended yourself though!

Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:11 pm

Post by Seacore »

podium123456 wrote:
Fate wrote:

because all of you
faggots
are sitting around saying things and then mashing the refresh button every 2 seconds to see if have responded yet.
Calling somebody an idiot, or mentally retarded for their opinions and arguments is fine by me, but implying that something is "bad" by saying it's homosexual is pretty offensive, so lets try and avoid that shall we?
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:12 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
YOU HAVEN'T RESPONDED TO THIS SINGLE LINE. THIS IS POST #111. IF IT WAS SO TERRIBLE THEN WHY DID YOU IGNORE THE POINT OF IT?
this is the 4th time i have had to tell you that post 63 was the rebuttal in question. what you quoted (and the line you singled out) was a part of a rebuttal to fate. it had nothing to do with what GW and i (and you since you stuck your nose in) were discussing.

by now, i understand how simple logic confuses you... but am i really going to have to explain this a 5th time?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:13 pm

Post by Seacore »

And on that note
Limited access for the weekend, christmas shopping and Harry Potter here I come
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Seacore wrote:
podium123456 wrote:
Fate wrote:

because all of you
faggots
are sitting around saying things and then mashing the refresh button every 2 seconds to see if have responded yet.
Calling somebody an idiot, or mentally retarded for their opinions and arguments is fine by me, but implying that something is "bad" by saying it's homosexual is pretty offensive, so lets try and avoid that shall we?
pshhh... what if i had said all u queers? would that be bad too?

so then was it bad when that show was named it? that was made by gays?

im pro-gay, and i dont really have a problem saying faggot in an environment where we are all being derogatory. but im not going to get in a big debate over it... obviously i wont say it anymore since it offends you, and the mod can edit it if he wants.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Seacore wrote:And on that note
Limited access for the weekend, christmas shopping and Harry Potter here I come
No, no no sweetheart...

Dont keep avoiding my request for you to show me where i was inconsistent. with all this posting, there is more than enough time for you to tell us before you go v/la.

also tell me why you think im only voting you because i dont like your reasons... when i obviously haven't liked anyone's reasons.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

podium wrote:@ Fate - He's pretty tunneled on me, as well as a little weird.
^opinion of play
His initial argument against me... (that i was actually scum, and was wanting to know what the bread crumb was for my benefit)... is just as dumb as me not realizing his initial comment was sarcastic.
^restatement of case
i mean, do you really think that as scum, i would genuinely be asking that?
^rebuttal
That would be pretty naive, and i would expect most people to assume that... just like most people might assume that fate was joking.
^example supporting rebuttal
the difference is that when i realized fate was joking, i dropped it... but fate keeps trudging along with his theory, even though i explained what i was doing. i dont find him that scummy right now, though.
^explanation of opinion
and yes, what i said was similar to asking 'are you serious'.
^restatement of rebuttal
now i will sit here and wait for him to yell and curse at me.
^filler

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR REBUTTAL BECAUSE IT = "REALLY?"!!!!
UNDERSTAND NOW?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:20 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

we are all being derogatory
your mom's being derogartory.

podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Fate wrote: Its not so much my point about them being exclusive as it is your thought process not lining up:
You see this boys and girls? This is an example of someone shifting the argument.

At this point you are either trolling me, or you are someone who shifts arguments.

I have no desire to keep partying with someone who does either. The topic has been discussed ad nauseum, anyway.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:35 pm

Post by Fate »

podium123456 wrote:
Fate wrote: Its not so much my point about them being exclusive as it is your thought process not lining up:
You see this boys and girls? This is an example of someone shifting the argument.

At this point you are either trolling me, or you are someone who shifts arguments.

I have no desire to keep partying with someone who does either. The topic has been discussed ad nauseum, anyway.
Shifting argument is bad how? Its either VALID (you are scum) or INVALID (you can refute it) OBVIOUSLY its the former since you don't want to discuss it anymore.

One last chance, and I was seriously thinking about giving you a chance after [REDACTED]
Respond to this.
2. Still want that Fate read
3. Still want why your VV read changed.

I'm going to leave the thread for a good hour. You'll have no one up in here spamming posts against you, so everything will be fair. Respond to those points, no matter how unfair or rehashed you think they are.

See ya later.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Nachomamma8 wrote: I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR REBUTTAL BECAUSE IT = "REALLY?"!!!!
UNDERSTAND NOW?
why cant you freaking understand that you are talking about something different than what GW and i were discussing when you intervened into our discussion?

you would think after being told that 3 or 4 times, a person might go 'hmmm maybe im mixed up a little... let me reread over all of the exchanges and make sure im right'.

but no, not you. you are a special breed. you just turn up the volume to 11 and keep slamming your head into the wall over and over. And in those moments when you regain consciousness and pick yourself up... right before you slam your head into the wall again... you snap your suspenders and say "boy i wonder what it's like to be one of those dum peeple."

SLAM

*thud*
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Seacore wrote: Calling somebody an idiot, or mentally retarded for their opinions and arguments is fine by me, but implying that something is "bad" by saying it's homosexual is pretty offensive, so lets try and avoid that shall we?

BTW, a LOT of people would be just as offended if the word 'retarded' was used in a derogatory manner. So your big white horse isn't that much higher than mine. :wink:
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:01 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Fate wrote: Shifting argument is bad how?
You kept making a big stink about how i had contradicted myself, or told 2 different stories or whatever. Enough so that seacore parroted it, to add pressure to me.

Ive spent a lot of time trying to explain to you that there wasn't a contradiction... you kept not understanding or not thinking about it or whatever... and kept insisting that there was.

finally i explained it in a way that you apparently understood... but instead of acknowledging that there wasn't a contradiction, you shifted the argument... in such a manner that it wasn't obvious that you were shifting it. that way, to outside appearances, it looks like your original point was valid, and then you blend it into another argument that you perpetuate.

it's a dirty debating trick. and even if it wasn't intentional, i'm not going to waste anymore time with someone that doesn't realize how shifting an argument is bad.

it wouldnt do me any good to keep talking to you anyway. its pretty clear you are the type of person that wont be satisfied until you hear me say 'you're right, you caught me'. well, you're wrong and you didn't. i really dont care if you vote me or not, i feel that i have justified my actions to any outside parties (with a brain) that take the time to read through all of this intercourse - and that's all i really care about at this point.

i
was
worried about the town for a bit (what with GW and the IRLI nacho) but thankfully VV and MoI came in with some well thought out, rational discussion that has relieved my worries a bit.

(IRLI means in real life idiot... i just made that up and now im going to copyright it)
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:33 pm

Post by Fate »

You had your chance.

I would've been satisfied.

No Fate read. No explanation of how you thought what I was doing was a scum move. No other reads (you being worried about "town" with reference to GW and nacho makes it seem like you think they are both town).

I tried to reasonable. I gave you plenty of time.

You gave up. I found the right argument finally and its the one you can't refute. You also don't explain how shifting an argument is bad and instead just define it and say "well you should know why its bad." Is it a dirty trick to make my originial point look valid?

Yes.

Does it make my new point any less valid?

No.

Does it mean you should not respond to it, when it is pretty clear that I was the type of person that was giving you a last chance and would've conceded if you had just been able to explain your thought process to me?

No.
finally i explained it in a way that you apparently understood...
You yourself say that I am someone that can "understand" where you are coming from given enough time. But later in the post you describe me as someone "not worth responding to" anymore. This contradiction is because you CANNOT respond any further, you've reached the end of your backtracking.

So now: you will die today. You will flip scum. I will have a pretty good idea of who you partner is going into tomorrow.

That's all there is to it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”