ATHF Mafia OVER(roles and whatnot revealed)

podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:36 pm

Post by podium123456 »

In the words of Abraham Lincoln:

Blow it out your ass.

Votecount (as of post 232)
GhostWriter: 1 (VasudeVa) L-6
podium: 4 (Fate, GhostWriter, Nacho, Seacore) L-3
Seacore: 2 (implosion, podium) L-5
VibeBox: 2 (Magna, Zinive) L-5
Last edited by Untrod Tripod on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:37 pm

Post by Fate »

Thanks for playing. You put up a pretty good fight if its any consolation.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:37 pm

Post by Zdenek »

I am here, and I am reading through the game.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by Fate »

This should be good.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:39 pm

Post by podium123456 »

@ everyone else: i plan on going back through the thread to examine the side-arguments that have been occurring, as well as the other input that has been unrelated to me.

but first i'm going to need a day or so, so that i can mainline a fifth of vodka and properly recover from "Accuse Podium Day 2010".
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:46 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Fate wrote:Thanks for playing. You put up a pretty good fight if its any consolation.
Well you didn't. Seriously... the only reason i'm not worried about what me calling a stop to the podium/fate show might look like to others, is because im confident that by reading your input they will understand why i did, and agree it was the right call.

Normally, i would feel compelled to take the conversation as far as the other person would go.

night night toots!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:46 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Fate wrote:VV's GHOST AND NACHO SCUM TOGETHER SHEEPIN FATE! Is hilarious.

Him using the words "Fate-virgin" should be added to the wiki. In fact, if VV wants to write a page on "Fate-tells" and how to deal with me I would be more flattered than upset (because no one can ever TRULY out the way my playstyle catches scum, it is ever changing.)

VV your post assumes I am town though, yet you have not stated that in thread yet and your last stance was "FATES BEIN FATE HES NULL"
Consider your playstyle for a bit. It's pretty reasonable for scum to kiss your ass if you are tunneling on a Townie.

How was that post me assuming you're Town? You yell at everybody regardless of alignment.

What is your read on Nacho and GW?
Fate wrote:And VV did you even READ the first reactions podium made to me? He didn't even start defending himself until it was clear I wasn't back down a good 5 pages in. Up until then it was all "HERPZ" and "DERPZ" and calling YOU scum for shoddy reasoning.

SO TRANSPARENTLY TOWN MY ASS
I did. He went from 'What the hell are you talking about?' to 'Oh, wait you're serious. Okay, I'll defend myself.' and it looks like it has evolved to 'You're stupid, I'll stop arguing now'. How many times have you seen this sort of evolution of tone, since you're Fate and all. And how many times have you ended up on scum/Town?
Fate wrote:MoI showed your VV scum read disappeared. I question your apparent 180 flip onto a VV town read and buddying up to him calling his post sexy. IF you were town could he not be scum off the wagon trying to subtly defend you?
BUT NO. HES AUTO-TOWN CAUSE HE CALLED YOU TRANSPARENTLY TOWN, AMIRITE?
Meh, it was pretty obvious that I haven't exactly read the thread much before my huge post. It makes sense for him to read me as scum. However after dismantling all the horrible points against him, of course
Nacho wrote:Vasu. That's not right, man. Podium just called everyone on his wagon idiots, dawg. No significant ways himself defended he. Nope. Also, I disagree with your read on me... ITS WRONG BRO. YOU GOTTA LEARN TO READ THE REASONS DESPITE THE JOKING, MAN. READ THE REASONS. Also bro, give ya reasoning. You said I was a bully, you didn't say why. You said post #111, and didn't say why. It's all based on ignorance, man. You don't like this style of play, brosesame street. It's okay, though. You don't gotta hate on me like that.

MAGNA SOMEBODY GOTTA SAY A YES MAN DON'T BE PESSIMISTIC ALL THE DAMN TIME DON'T TRY TO BE A HERO NEITHER JUST HIDE BEHIND SOME PROTOWN DUDE AND DO YO THANG.
Okay, 'bro'. Let me give you a heads up. First, you jokingly entered the podium wagon. Understand that you think you're a funny dude, and that's just you blatantly wagoning. However, that shit just doesn't fly with me. When someone is being opportunistic on a horrible wagon, they deserve to be called out on it.

What's more is your #111 is a horribad attack. You just copy pasted GW's shit attack(GW's 'podium taking RVS too seriously' which was incredibly out of context based of Seacore's discussion of claims.). You copy-pasting a shit attack means your attack is shit too!

---

Podium, why are you refusing to give out your reads of Fate/Me?
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:47 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

EBWOP 3rd quote incomplete sentence thingy: 'However after dismantling all the horrible points against him, of course he'll have a better opinion of me. If anything, you could give the argument that I'm buddying him, not him buddying me.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:11 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

stop posting so goddamn much! it's too awesome!

The last flavor was an oblique reference to the fact that I was out having beers with my fellow grad students, just fyi. Not an implication that ya'll are drunkposting. nope, not that at all implying that... :-P

but seriously, I was worried that activity in my game might suck. You guys have assuaged my fears so hard that I think I had a prostate orgasm.

also, The Butterfly picked up my prod (but hasn't posted yet, grumble grumble) and Zinive pm'd me last night to say he wouldn't have time for this game, so I'm looking to replace him. Thankfully we only need one.

Also I just prodded implosion.

<3,
Untrod
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:12 pm

Post by podium123456 »

VasudeVa wrote: Podium, why are you refusing to give out your reads of Fate/Me?
i'm not... i answered you the first time you asked, and i will answer you now. (Spaz's requests dont count :wink:) But get ready for some walls... hey, you asked...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't have a definite read on fate right now. it's obvious by the crowd's reaction to him that he has a very... 'distinct' personality (im referring to the comments implying that he is always spazzy/yelly/etc.). having never played with him, i dont know if he is genuinely someone that is all over the place, completely off topic at times, and overly aggressive as town... OR if he is a capable scum that is trying to trip me up by overwhelming me with text, trying to make me get confused, while filling the thread up with all of it -- and thinking that the end result will be a confused nonsensical contradicting podium of which the town would easily lynch.

so you might ask me if i think his case on me is scummy... and i have to say that i cant say. i genuinely have a null read on him. i dont think it is a very strong case (because i dont think concerns a very big situation), and i feel he has tunneled on me and blown it up much larger than it actually is... but at the same time, i can understand his point (a little), from his point of view -- it's just not what happened. i wouldn't expect a rational/calm headed townie to drive it into the ground as hard and fast as he has... but i get the feeling he isn't a calm/rational type of guy.

however, i
dont
understand why he lifted the vote earlier and moved to seacore, gave me some light hearted 'i still want that answered, you understand' posts... and then moved back on me
before
i answered. Perhaps because he thought i was ignoring him? And he has now ended up resuming his 'you are 100% going to die' attitude because i got tired of his games... as if there isn't enough data already to get a read on me... hell he even TELLS me that i put up a good fight against the flurry of accusations that came in on me. that tells me that he is probably voting for me for personal reasons instead of scummy reasons... and it feels like he is the type of person that would do that.

i would even go so far as to call him null leaning town, based on that.

so... there ya go. that good enough to understand what i think about him? lol.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

your read is easier... lol. as you are already aware, your activity was pretty bad... and as i told you, i thought that earlier post looked like a low effort scum attempt to fill your 'scumhunting' quota.

but 176 really
was
a superb post. nobody knows my alignment but me... but you summed up the thread almost
verbatim
as to how i would have (maybe even a little better). since i know that i am town, (cue fate/nacho entering with some ridiculous comment about me speaking like this) i obviously find it very towny of you.

besides the fact that i agree with it (which really isnt worth a lot to others, or even you) there was a LOT of shit to sift through. the fact that you condensed it so well, and so accurately to what happened (even if you take out the opinions, and just consider the factual timelines/arguments) it makes me believe you really took the time to analyze all of that slop... where i think scum wouldn't have been that interested in trudging through the walls, and just generalized something.

so, yeah. if you want a read from me, i would say you are my top town read right now.

and yes, i imagine nachofate will break their capslock buttons informing us all of the obvious... that you stuck up for me, so of course im going to call you town. well, that's just how it is boys.

but dont forget that seacore also stuck up for me, and i ended up criticizing his play and bringing up the possibility that he might be part of a scumteam... BEFORE he voted me. in other words, im not just calling VV town because he backed my story.

/vodka
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:25 pm

Post by Zdenek »

To answer the question from earlier, I have played in 8 games.
I will hopefully finish getting caught up later today, but here are my thoughts at the moment. I've read the thread, but I haven't read everything carefully, and in particular I still have to read through Seacore and MoI's ISOs. If you want more details for anything I say below, ask, and I'll provide it.

Let me start by commenting on what is probably the main issue, Podium: he asked about a breadcrumb and was attacked for it, fair enough. I still have to evaluate the argument against him, but my initial impression is that the arguments against him are not too strong, and I agree with VV that his reaction was not unreasonable.

Ghostwriter started the game off and his first post did nothing to move the game ahead. I feel as though he is providing unnecessary explanations for his actions in ISO's 2 and 4. I think that his initial reasons for his vote on Podium are not too good. Also, he never really comments on the further arguments against Podium, but he still says that he is tired of going around and around with him. My guess is that he really means that he is going to ignore Fate and Podium's discussion, and not change his vote unless something big happens.

VibeBox hopped on the podium wagon, and has refused to explain himself. I think it is useless to ask us to figure out his motivations. I can accept that voting without explaining why can be a reasonable scum hunting tactic, but he is not justifying his actions in this manner. He also made what I think is a bizarre comment about how we should be careful of VI traps.

I feel as though Nachomamma is feigning scum hunting, but he apparently has some sort of post restriction, so that might explain my impression. He also slipped onto the Podium wagon.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:27 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Last point:

Fate wrote: Shifting argument is bad how?
Fate wrote: Is it a dirty trick to make my originial point look valid?

Yes.
Fate, surely even you can understand why i dont want to continue debating with someone that admits to pulling dirty tricks like it's no big deal.

Besides... it doesnt matter what my answers are to your remaining questions... they will be wrong... just like everything else i've said to you. If you cant get a read off of me based on how i held up under this torrent of scrutiny and/or from the volumes of text that have been written, then perhaps you are more suited to play checkers.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:11 am

Post by implosion »

Sorry. I had a midterm to study for. I should be
very
active for the next oh... 6 weeks. Reading through now.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:51 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

@Nacho and GW
– I’d like some elucidation on your read on Vibebox.

@VV regarding 176
– I understand your thought process in labelling Podium’s reaction to the way Fate plays. That said the point I find strongest against him is his ‘scum-hunting’.

I disagree with your assessment of Nacho based solely on personal direct experience with Nacho. He’s not the greatest scum-hunter in my opinion but his scum play was easily recognizable to me the last game we played together. And his play here is not scum-play.

I’ll have to review GhostWriter.
Fate wrote:MoI is town, so at least I won't die N1. MoI I'm under the impression that if you are a vanilla you should just claim D1 to make the scum weigh whether they should kill you or not.

Trust me on this one, I'll back you up if the VIs start hounding you for "anti-town" play, and point out that if you're alive longer THAT in and of itself is pro-town.
I’ll take your suggestion under advisement. I’m not one who generally believes in pre-emptive claiming for survivalist reasons.
Nacho wrote:MAGNA SOMEBODY GOTTA SAY A YES MAN DON'T BE PESSIMISTIC ALL THE DAMN TIME DON'T TRY TO BE A HERO NEITHER JUST HIDE BEHIND SOME PROTOWN DUDE AND DO YO THANG.
Do you really expect me to sheep? Really?
Nacho wrote:Yeah, we gonna kill that Zinive dude when he comes back.
If he comes back.
Hell, ima drop the podium case entirely and SLAUGHTER HIS ASS if he comes back.
Yup.
Hey, here’s a thought – why not elaborate on why Zin is public enemy number 1 but Zdenek and The Butterfly get off scot free for the same offense.
Podium wrote:Im not clear what you mean here... can you clarify.
To be clear – I don’t think your question to Fate regarding ‘What breadcrumbs’ is anything but a Null tell.
Podium wrote:But it wasn't pointless... it was the REASON why he took fate (and nacho's) posts seriously. Besides that, his paraphrase was in a different universe as to what seacore was implying. a universe that makes the comment look overly scummy.

Do you think his paraphrase was accurate and non-scummy?
I don’t particularly find Seacore’s reaction and explanation very credible so you are not going to convince me that Implosion’s reasoning was bad.

My read on both Nacho and Fate’s posts was that both were pure jokes.
Podium wrote:What more is there to follow up with? He asked a few no-thought questions.

If i had asked some little no-brainers like that, would you be as worried about me and scumhunting? Because i can easily pull 4 or 5 of those out of thin air.
The further no-thoughts would have been a very logical place to go if you really thought his post was originally scummy. But VV disappears from your ISO until he makes his return post.

Despite your assertions asking questions to assess alignment, whether you think they are no-brainers, is generally Pro-Town if the responses are followed up on by the asker.
Podium wrote:+scumpoints doesn't mean top scum choice. it means +scumpoints.

tbh i haven't even read fate's posts regarding seacore.
When the only suspicion you have articulated outside of Implosion was VV for having scumpoints I find it hard to believe you would ignore what constitutes one of your two scum reads.

And did you just say you were not reading Fate’s post regarding Seacore? Why the hell not? Playing the ‘He’s annoying so I’ll just ignore his posts’ game is at best childish and at worst scumtastic.

@MOD - I'll be V/LA from now until Monday morning for my usual weekend family duties.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:50 am

Post by podium123456 »

MagnaofIllusion wrote: I don’t particularly find Seacore’s reaction and explanation very credible so you are not going to convince me that Implosion’s reasoning was bad.
The credibility of his reaction/explanation is a different issue than how that statement was or wasn't in context... which was implosions beef.

How do you feel about his paraphrase?

MagnaofIllusion wrote: The further no-thoughts would have been a very logical place to go if you really thought his post was originally scummy.
I don't understand what you mean here.

MagnaofIllusion wrote: When the only suspicion you have articulated outside of Implosion was VV for having scumpoints I find it hard to believe you would ignore what constitutes one of your two scum reads.

And did you just say you were not reading Fate’s post regarding Seacore? Why the hell not? Playing the ‘He’s annoying so I’ll just ignore his posts’ game is at best childish and at worst scumtastic.
AGAIN... +scumpoints doesn't necessarily mean it is a top scum choice. It could take the person from null to null leaning scum, or from town to null leaning town, etc.. I had more than 2 scumreads at that point, btw.

"you find it hard to believe i would ignore..." ??? what do you mean? right after that post is when i started taking fire from all directions, and VV didn't post anything else until the end of that episode. what did you think i should do? make a post in the middle of everything and go 'hey everybody, just want to restate that i thought that post of VV's was scummy". ???

And no, i didn't say i WASN'T reading Fates stuff... i said i HADN'T read it yet, because of everything else. I plan on going over all of it later.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

First things first: I was hanging out with friends for quite some time on my days off, causing me to have, I believe literally, 5 minutes on the internet from the time of my last post here to now. I started writing this post at least 2 and a half hours ago.

Now, I'll get to actually answering things. I shall be typing this up as I go along, so that I won't miss anything. Ready? Here we go.

Post 146: The point is that you wrote it as "GW is saying that I thought Fate was joking". The problem with this it that it conveys me thinking you're a damned town-aligned player. I do not. The whole thing is that you are mafia, who knew that Fate wasn't serious, but saw it as a way to paint him in a negative light for use later on if you needed, or to play it right away had things swung in your favor. Do not type it in a way that looks like I think you're town and am just running with this.

176: You claim to not believe that I thought it was an obvious RVS vote whilst calling it an obvious RVS vote. You say that I should have seen it as reasonable for Podium to see it as a serious vote, but, as I have pointed out already, it is nothing more that Nacho's vote defined. If Nacho's is seen as RVS, Fate's was RVS. The corelation between the two is undeniable. When you simplify what Fate said, you end up with what Nacho said, and, assuming you read things in order, or ever went back and read what Nacho said first, this is obvious to see. If it isn't, then someone isn't thinking on the level I need them to think on as town. And rather than assume someone unable to grasp that fact, it seems far more likely that he is scum.
Next, you talk about my post 59. The problem is that if he's going to even acknowledge what Fate says, then actually do something. If you think was he's saying is pure horse manure and that you want nothing to do with it, then say so ONCE, and let it go until he says something that you, or a good-sized number of your peers, consider to be a legitimate case that you need to argue against. What the hell is good about him just saying "herp derp" until he has multiple pages in his iso making it look like he's posting well when most of it is pointless drivel and contentless babble that has no point?
My 101 is not saying that at all. You tell me, where was my discussion going? In circles. I don't feel like restating my point and restating my point and restating my fucking point. Oh, just because he says "Nuh uh" to what I say, that makes it true? No.
That whole post, essentially, was a textbook chainsawing of Podium's attackers. You voted me, the loudest person on the Podium wagon who isn't Fate. You FoS'd Nacho, a quieter member of the wagon who appears fairly solidly locked in. You attempt to dispell Fate by chalking it all up to "you guys just don't know how to deal with Fate, and you're being taken advantage of for it" by use of the "Fate-virgins" term, without actually coming out and FoSing him. I assume it's due to fear. You cut through Seacore's attacks and call them all bad, but leave him alone, I assume because Fate is already after him partly, and you'd rather wait for Fate to commit to it more, and then follow by using this post as your jumpoff. Quite frankly, if Podium flips scum, this post alone would be my motivation to come after you right after.

Post 177: I was busy. I can see, now, that there has been much posting. However, I, at that point, had not been gone from the discussion for nearly as long as you had.
However, I look forward to the responses to your post. Honestly, I had, at the time of my last post, been so caught up in my initial reasoning that I'd begun to tunnel a bit. However, your specific examples of the lack of scumhunting from Podium are very nice. The lack of any follow-up behind each of his "cases" seems to me as scum trying to point at people once said scum has been called out for lack of hunting, but not having anything to back it up with due to either knowing that they are aiming at townies who aren't guilty or scum partners they aren't willing to bus at the moment.
The parallel drawn between Podium and Vibe, as well as their mutual unspoken agreement to not acknoledge said parallel is as a good point to bring up.

Post 191: I sneaked a peak ahead, someone already answers your first problem with MoI's post.
The next thing, though... He wasn't even attacking you over it, he called it a nulltell, and you defended against that for what reason, exactly? He didn't even say you started the damn name-calling. Just that your posts began to have more of it in them. Over-defensive, neh? Oh, wait, that's covered too. And, again, is given a nulltell read, but you defend against the NULLTELL READ.
And of course you didn't read Fate's case on Seacore. Yup, just like you likely never noticed his vote leave you and travel to Seacore, though it did rightfully return to you. You just missed all that. And if you did notice it leave and didn't wonder why and think to look back, and expect people to think of that as a true-blue townie reaction, then you deserve the lynch you'll no doubt get at the end of the day.

Post 204: You claim one is not excluxive of the other, yet how can you be confused by a post in the way Fate implied, and yet also be sure of something about the post, in the way Fate implied? Remember, it's the ways he implied them that count, so no "I meant them
this
way, not
that
way.

235: Me. Gone. Friends. I ignored nothing. I saw it all. Seriously, don't just jump in out of no where and make that assumption that can only be drawn from the fact that I hadn't responded to any of this new stuff yet. Fate's 225, which I didn't mention in this, was what I expected of Fate when he reached the end of what he was doing. Why? Played with him a lot recently. I don't know where he's going all the time, but I do know that if I wait for the end, it's better than jumping in the middle. Besides, Fate and I were exploring two different paths of scumminess, and following Fate's path isn't the brightest idea. No one is ever going to figure out where that'll end up. His style's too odd.

239: Okay, cut that out. "I'm too busy defending" is not a good defence. The best defense in mafia is a good offense. Meaning if you really wanted to prove how town you are, you'd attack someone you found scummy and prove why that is, instead of spending time split 50/50 between defending and complaining about having to defend.

There. I'm relatively caught up now. MoI, I'm going to be going through Vibe's iso in a bit. I'd been intending to ever since reading your 177. So I'll get back to you on that one.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by implosion »

Done reading. Blah. Long story short: MoI is right, podium has blatantly done no scumhunting at all (until earlier this page, and that's kind of shitty anyway). He just complains. And complains. And complains. His reaction to Fate is somewhat scummy IMO (though it's possible that it isn't) but the rest of what he's doing just isn't town. It just isn't.

Unvote, Vote: podium

That's L-2 btw.
Preemptive vote for tomorrow if podium flips scum: Seacore

These two have a strange dynamic between them. Podium's jump to Seacore in ISO 35 is odd IMO, especially after he defended Seacore when he was attacking me. The jump seems ill-thought out, erratic and unexpected. I see it as podium likely realizing that he's doomed, and deciding to vote a scumbuddy to give Seacore towncred. Speaking of which, podium's defense of Seacore in the first place is a little odd. So much in the thread to comment on, so much to scumhunt from, and you think that what you saw as a minor misrepresentation is the scummiest thing there? I also find it odd in podium's ISO 30 when he says "furthermore, why dont you let seacore handle his own discussions" after he's been arguing for Seacore in this debate long after it was lost in the thread.

And just to clarify what I was talking about earlier with regards to Seacore (way back on page 2): I was referring
exclusively
to the part of his post that had mentioned him always being called out as scum on day one. The rest of the post, although supposedly his reason for saying that, is unimportant IMO.
podium123456 wrote: but 176 really
was
a superb post. nobody knows my alignment but me... but you summed up the thread almost
verbatim
as to how i would have (maybe even a little better). since i know that i am town, (cue fate/nacho entering with some ridiculous comment about me speaking like this) i obviously find it very towny of you.
If he summed up the thread exactly as you would have, then why the hell did you never mention a thing about Ghost or Nacho? And why does him summing up the thread as you would have make
him
town, anyway? He did something you would have done. Cool. He called you town. Cool. And this makes him town to you because...?

I'm a little suspicious of VV 176 actually. I don't see how podium's early speech could
possibly
be interpreted as obvtown. I could see it as being read as neutral (although I don't read it that way). I could also see a big scum motivation for calling podium town in this situation, regardless of his alignment (try to save a scumbuddy / try to look good if it's a ml). In other words, I don't think a townie would come to the conclusion VV did although I could definitely see a scum trying to fabricate this case. It's also interesting how he brings up 2 people who had had little suspicion on them; I think it might be scum trying to keep their options open. If podium flips town, VV is my next scum in line.

As for other people:

Fate I am assuming will be unreadable for now based on what I'm hearing of her meta.
Vibe: probably town. Although he is acting somewhat antitown by being so obscure in what he's saying, he's doing it in a way which makes me think he's town. IDK exactly why.
Ghost: neutral.
Nacho: neutral. Neither of these two did anything to arouse suspicion IMO.
Magna: town. Sensical. Logical. Etc.
Others: not enough info.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

We haven't done anything to arouse suspicion, nor to tip your opinion the other way? Just wondering, because you only mention it in a way that sounds like you expect me to do something scummy for you to pounce on.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by implosion »

Nothing in particular. I'd lean town on both of you simply because town is the majority, and neither of you has done anything suspicious. You've both been fairly protown, and as far as I can tell you're both good players in general. Both of you have been kind of sheeping Fate (which I am too now) which doesn't really give me anything either way. Nacho said he thought sheeping Fate was the best move as town or scum, and he (I think) knows Fate well, which I don't. So neither of you really gives me any strong tells.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Nacho is sheeping Fate. However, as I said before, I'm following a different path. If anything, after agreeing with MoI's points against Podium, I'd be going along more with what he said. But even then, it's not really sheeping unless you've just joined up with nothing really to go on other than because your shepherd said to come.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by podium123456 »

GhostWriter wrote: Post 146: The point is that you wrote it as "GW is saying that I thought Fate was joking".
It's a semantics difference about 'thought' or 'knew'... but since you think i am scum, logic would dictate that it's understood that i 'knew' for your case. The point is for you to come out with a 'dont u dare misrep me' attitude, like i had maliciously and purposefully turned your words around, was disingenuous and an over-reaction. A simple clarification would have sufficed... especially when it isn't exactly obvious what you thought was wrong.

GhostWriter wrote: 176: but, as I have pointed out already, it is nothing more that Nacho's vote defined. If Nacho's is seen as RVS, Fate's was RVS. The corelation between the two is undeniable.
It was clear to me that nacho was joking, because of the delivery.

But this goes back to my other post that you didn't address... if your argument is that they both say the same thing, and that i was hatching this nefarious plan, then why didn't i attack nacho?

this is what shuts down your theory. think about it.

GhostWriter wrote: What the hell is good about him just saying "herp derp" until he has multiple pages in his iso making it look like he's posting well when most of it is pointless drivel and contentless babble that has no point?
Quit getting so hung up on the fact that i put 'herp' and 'derp' in my post. The points i made in that post were valid, and substantive... don't act like they weren't.

GhostWriter wrote: My 101 is not saying that at all. You tell me, where was my discussion going? In circles. I don't feel like restating my point and restating my point and restating my fucking point. Oh, just because he says "Nuh uh" to what I say, that makes it true? No.
That's not what happened at all.

In post 63, i raised the point i bolded above... as well as highlighted that all i did was ask him and drop it... if i had this master scheme planned out, dont you think i would have... oh i dont know... USED IT? you act like i actually made the case against him and kept pushing it... and i didnt even come close.

That is hardly 'nuh uhh'... you avoided answering it then, and you still avoid answering it, even though i have directed you there several times. Why is that? Because you realize it pokes holes in your 'theory' and you dont want to have to back down.
GhostWriter wrote: The lack of any follow-up behind each of his "cases" seems to me as scum trying to point at people once said scum has been called out for lack of hunting, but not having anything to back it up with due to either knowing that they are aiming at townies who aren't guilty or scum partners they aren't willing to bus at the moment.
Sigh... pay attention kids.

There were 3 'cases' (although i wouldnt really call VV's observation a 'case')

1. VV's 'case'. There IS no follow up to 'those are low-thought questions'... it's an observation... what should i follow up with? Should i have repeated the observation? Tell me.

2. Seacores 'case'. I FOLLOWED UP ON IT.

3. My other case was on implosion.... AND HE HADNT RESPONDED. How should i have followed up with that? Tell me? Repeated it as well?

You have quite the knack of being pretty damn disingenuous -- if not flat out misrepresenting -- with your language. Too bad there's all that text to prove you wrong.
GhostWriter wrote: I sneaked a peak ahead, someone already answers your first problem with MoI's post.
The next thing, though... He wasn't even attacking you over it, he called it a nulltell, and you defended against that for what reason, exactly?
It's because i didn't understand who he was directing the first part to. I thought he was criticizing me, and saying my story 'wasn't convincing'... in the next part he said 'that doesn't sell me either'... so i thought all of that was connected and related to my argument.
GhostWriter wrote: Post 204: You claim one is not excluxive of the other, yet how can you be confused by a post in the way Fate implied, and yet also be sure of something about the post, in the way Fate implied?
Restate the question, im not sure what you are asking.
GhostWriter wrote: 239: Okay, cut that out. "I'm too busy defending" is not a good defence. The best defense in mafia is a good offense. Meaning if you really wanted to prove how town you are, you'd attack someone you found scummy and prove why that is, instead of spending time split 50/50 between defending and complaining about having to defend.
Fuck. You. Look at the timestamps on those posts, and what was said. People were hitting me with posts left and right, and then asking why i hadn't responded yet... as if i was ignoring them because they were valid points or something. Yesterday was NOT a typical scumday. And this isn't the only game i was attending to.

and again... IGNORE the fact that i took the time to attack someone (and make a case) i found scummy right in the middle of all that.

i LITERALLY did what you said i should have done. disengenious as hell.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

GW refuses to acknowledge the points i made that shoot holes in the biggest part of his case. his language is disengenious as hell, as PROVEN above.

i want to hear how he justifies some of his misreps.

scummy behavior ='s scummy read
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Let's not forget that the MAIN part of GW's case is that i am scum that turned a light hearted RVS post into a serious attack, so i could paint that person as being scummy. I often look for the same type of behavior occuring during RVS, and use it to find scum.

EXCEPT I DIDNT DO THAT.

I ASKED THE PERSON A QUESTION TO CLARIFY IF THEY WERE SERIOUS, AND WHEN I REALIZED THEY WERENT, I
DROPPED
IT.

I DIDNT PUSH IT... I D R O P P E D IT.

I DIDNT PUSH ANYTHING.... am i the only one that gets it? If i had come up with that big plan, why didnt i ACT ON IT?

this is separate from "why didnt i do it to nacho" which is just as illogical to his case.

your case is full of holes.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by podium123456 »

implosion wrote: podium has blatantly done no scumhunting at all

Nacho: neutral. Neither of these two did anything to arouse suspicion IMO.

Look at nacho's ISO. Tell me what scumhunting he has done.

Compare that to mine.

Are you fucking serious?
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by podium123456 »

also, implosion, dont think you can ignore my post 80 just because all eyes are on me.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by podium123456 »

EBWOP: ^^ disregard

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”