werewolf555
werewolf555
Goon
werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by werewolf555 »

Gonzoooo wrote:Now, ask yourself why Zhero-town would vote for a lesser wagon even though he apparently thinks werewolf is scum? Does not compute.
This.
VOTE: Vote: Zhero

Vote Count

Zhero (5) - Gonzoooo, ThAdmiral, lewarcher82, don_johnson, werewolf555
werewolf555 (4) - saporovirus, implosion, smashbro_of_the_SSS, mallowgeno
mallowgeno (2) - Purple Orange, Zhero

Not Voting (1) - Powerrox93

With 12 alive it is 7 to lynch. The deadline is set for the end of November 21st, PST.
Last edited by Alduskkel on Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm not dead yet
"Sens: Please rearrange Werewolf and Mist into a scumteam so we can policy lynch." -GreyICE
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:51 pm

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

OK, Zhero is a L-2. I'm a bit worried at how fast this has come up. Either it there is at least one scum bussing their partner Zhero, or scum jumped on the wagon of town. At first it didn't seem as bad to me, voting for the lesser wagon, given that werewolf was L-1. However, with the points brought up on the previous page, I'm very strongly believing it to be scum.

@Zhero
if you thought it was bussing, why not mention in your post that you would be willing to hammer werewolf? you completely ignore the werewolf wagon, rather than saying that you support them both, but want the day to continue?

also, for the record, I'm keeping my vote on werewolf atm but I plan on voting Zhero in a day or two. I want everyone to have time to talk about the wagon before putting him at L-1.
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:44 am

Post by Zhero »

My belief that mallow is scum was poorly elaborated, and for that I apologize. I have a bad habit of assuming people know what I'm thinking.

As far as mallow goes, there is not a lot of content from him, and what there is is largely prestated by others first. He manages to avoid making a case or placing his vote anywhere for over two weeks, and when he does it's to jump on to an active wagon that most players have expressed interest in. It's a relatively safe vote with little behind it, and while I suspect it to be a last-minute bus, even if werewolf is town it's not indicitive of good play.

As far as early claiming goes, I disagree that it's a good scumtell. While scum is more invested in 'looking town' than town is, scum is quite likely also aware of the norm that claiming early is scummy, and thus likely to avoid it. It reads more like a textbook tell to me, which is weak in any practical sense.

The early claim is anti-town, and can add to a case against an already scummy player like werewolf, but for someone like mallow (who expressed absolutely no suspicion of werewolf even though his wagon has been an important poart of the game) to suddenly latch on to that as a reason to bandwagon strikes me as scum trying to latch onto an easy lynch.

While I still agree with the case against werewolf, I prefer this case against mallow, and as such have no reason to vote for the weaker case. I hope this clears up my thought process there.
saporovirus wrote:However today would be a really bad day to bus one's scumfriend...
This seems like an enigmatic thing to say. Could you elaborate?
Gonzoooo wrote:Now, ask yourself why Zhero-town would vote for a lesser wagon even though he apparently thinks werewolf is scum? Does not compute.
Zhero-town would definitely vote for the lesser wagon if he liked the case better. I know it's WIFOM and blah blah, but Zhero-scum would've happily stuck with the werewolf wagon, regardless of his alignment. He'd either be bussing an already suspect partner or firing off a lynch the town seems to agree with. What's Zhero-scum's motivation to stray from the beaten path?
ThAdmiral wrote:@ zhero: I don't think your explanation for your actions in post 217 adds up.
I'd be happy to further clarify if I knew what didn't add.
mallowgeno wrote:I think he could be town. Not 100% sure though. Leaning town.

What do you think of Lew?
I think he's likely to be town. He seems more interested in scumhunting than strictly defense, and raises good questions, though I think his case on Gonzoooo was mostly semantic.

I also think your response is incredibly generic, and leaves room to backpedal if need be.
smashbro wrote:OK, Zhero is a L-2. I'm a bit worried at how fast this has come up.
I was a bit surprised too. It's a wagon worth analyzing, at least.
smashbro wrote:@Zhero if you thought it was bussing, why not mention in your post that you would be willing to hammer werewolf? you completely ignore the werewolf wagon, rather than saying that you support them both, but want the day to continue?
I hope I answered your questions above. I'd prefer a mallow lynch, but a werewolf lynch could be more informative in the end.

Also, I didn't realize until just now how close we are to deadline. My mind was a week off there.
-Zhero
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:47 am

Post by saporovirus »

@ Zhero: I meant that it's d1 and bussing one's team this early doesn't seem strategically sound to me.

I will post more reads later guys.
but I love you still

unsanitary999: african earl grey more like a freakin' pearl gay
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:04 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

Zhero wrote: As far as early claiming goes, I disagree that it's a good scumtell. While scum is more invested in 'looking town' than town is, scum is quite likely also aware of the norm that claiming early is scummy, and thus likely to avoid it.
This is a recursive argument, that can loop forever. I can say: "yes, but then, since everyone knows how scummy it is, then it is unlikely that a town-player would take the risk of making such a scummy claim". And so on, for eternity.

Pointless observation. Must be dismissed.
Zhero wrote: As far as mallow goes, there is not a lot of content from him, and what there is is largely prestated by others first. He manages to avoid making a case or placing his vote anywhere for over two weeks, and when he does it's to jump on to an active wagon that most players have expressed interest in. It's a relatively safe vote with little behind it, and while I suspect it to be a last-minute bus, even if werewolf is town it's not indicitive of good play.
That mallow was a lurker is something everyone noticed. He did not jump on a wagon without explaining himself. He explained that he was voting a scummy early claimer. And the reasons you provide to demonstrate that early claiming is not scummy is just a logic loop (see above).
Zhero wrote: I hope I answered your questions above. I'd prefer a mallow lynch, but a werewolf lynch could be more informative in the end.
How would it be more informative? The only player that reacted to the werewolf wagon is you. Do you mean that lynching a townie werewolf would make you look better? Or is there something else? In other words:
don_johnson wrote: zhero could just be smelling himself bussing mallow.
is an interesting post, after all.
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by Gonzoooo »

smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:also, for the record, I'm keeping my vote on werewolf atm but I plan on voting Zhero in a day or two. I want everyone to have time to talk about the wagon before putting him at L-1.
With only three (I believe) days until deadline, time isn't exactly a luxury we have.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by don_johnson »

ZHERO'S SCUMBUDDY wrote:also, for the record, I'm keeping my vote on werewolf atm but I plan on voting Zhero in a day or two. I want everyone to have time to talk about the wagon before putting him at L-1.
talk away. bandwagon analysis makes more sense on day 2. after the flip. your hesitancy is scummy. your reason for hesitancy is scummy. please redeem yourself by placing zhero at L-1. let's get a zhero claim now. then discuss that.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by Zhero »

Sure, with only 3 days left, I may as well claim now. L-1 is effectively eminent anyway.

I am the Role Cop.
-Zhero
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by saporovirus »

Zhero wrote:Sure, with only 3 days left, I may as well claim now. L-1 is effectively eminent anyway.

I am the Role Cop.
This seems sort of easy to fabricate and kinda out there.

UNVOTE: werewolf

VOTE: Zhero

L1.
but I love you still

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:13 pm

Post by don_johnson »

unvote, vote werewolf

i'll move back if theres a counterclaim. i would rather not push a third player to claim.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:25 pm

don_johnson wrote:
ZHERO'S SCUMBUDDY wrote:also, for the record, I'm keeping my vote on werewolf atm but I plan on voting Zhero in a day or two. I want everyone to have time to talk about the wagon before putting him at L-1.
talk away. bandwagon analysis makes more sense on day 2. after the flip. your hesitancy is scummy. your reason for hesitancy is scummy. please redeem yourself by placing zhero at L-1. let's get a zhero claim now. then discuss that.
didn't realize that the deadline was that close, sorry.

but no, you're right. why not vote Zhero, a wagon that came up within one page, and the last three votes being votes for him? Of course it would make sense to place him at L-1, where an overeager townie could miss a vote and accidentally lynch before a claim, or where scum could "miss a vote" and "accidentally" lynch before a claim. that would work out well [/sarcasm]

as for the claim, I really don't know what to believe. There isn't much of a way to prove his claim, since it's only Day 1 on a day start game, and as sapo said, it is a bit tricky to deal with a power role claim near deadline. Might be that he's scum trying to pull off another day living. Let him live today, and if he's telling the truth, he'll be dead by morning. Let him live and he's fake claiming, we'll see him back here tomorrow, with some explaining to do. if we lynch him, he may be scum or a power role, so we're basically gambling. Almost want to say let him live, see what happens during the night, so we can go back and analyze his play.

I'd lynch werewolf or Zhero today. I'm beginning to think that Zhero is Mafia Jailkeeper trying to pull off living at least one night. werewolf has acted scummy and also jumped on the Zhero wagon quickly. Either one is probably scum, and so I could go for either. I'll keep my vote on werewolf at the moment, but if nothing much changes by Friday, 11:59, I'll switch over to Zhero.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:54 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

claiming role cop is a terrible move anyway. there are no roles able to protect you. If you are legit, you die tonight, and the mafia deupty will be able to start looking for the last town pr, who is a vig.
is it clear to everyone how this setup works?
I never played it, but I studied the rules. Did anyone pay Tit for Tat in the past?

Claiming was a terrible move. You should have tried to defend posting content til the very last minute of this day.

besides, I want to know why smash thinks Zhero is JK and not a simple nilla - always assuming he is scum.

regarding the lynch: IF THERE IS A REAL COP; HE MUST NOT CC. I suggest we lynch werewolf and hope zhero is not genuine. If zhero will not die, we will analyse his report tomorrow and decide what to do. If he dies, we will analyse the wagon.

unvote; vote: werewolf
who is now at L-2
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:14 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

saporovirus wrote:
Zhero wrote:Sure, with only 3 days left, I may as well claim now. L-1 is effectively eminent anyway.

I am the Role Cop.
This seems sort of easy to fabricate and kinda out there.

UNVOTE: werewolf

VOTE: Zhero

L1.
What are you on?

unvote, vote: werewolf
Don't ask me to provide self meta
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:44 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

Any further comments on the cop claim will just be dangerous to town. I am surprised by saporo's vote, but I prefere not to keep discussing this stuff today. We must wait for d2 to discuss all this. If Zhero is genuine, there is no way we can save our cop, at this point.
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:44 am

Post by Gonzoooo »

I agree with lew, we shouldn't be discussing it. werewolf is today's lynch.

Unvote, Vote:werewolf555
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:45 am

Post by Gonzoooo »

That's a lynch I believe. See you in the morning (hopefully).
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:18 am

Post by Zhero »

Holy crap, lew is town as hell here.
lew wrote:regarding the lynch: IF THERE IS A REAL COP; HE MUST NOT CC. I suggest we lynch werewolf and hope zhero is not genuine. If zhero will not die, we will analyse his report tomorrow and decide what to do. If he dies, we will analyse the wagon.
This is all good advice, and exactly what should be done in this situation.
lew wrote:claiming role cop is a terrible move anyway. there are no roles able to protect you. If you are legit, you die tonight, and the mafia deupty will be able to start looking for the last town pr, who is a vig. is it clear to everyone how this setup works? I never played it, but I studied the rules. Did anyone pay Tit for Tat in the past?
I am aware of the setup, yes. Being at L-2 with another player expressing interest in voting this close to deadline makes it imperative to claim. Under no circumstances should town ever risk lynching the role cop, wasting a lynch instead of forcing scum to burn a night kill. I understand your suggestion to defend myself to the last, but I have already explained myself as best I feel I can.

I'm dead tonight, see you guys later!
-Zhero
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:14 am

lewarcher82 wrote:besides, I want to know why smash thinks Zhero is JK and not a simple nilla - always assuming he is scum.
Role Cop and Vigilante are the two town power roles, and so if he is scum, he could be claiming to drag a power down with him, or he could be trying to preserve some of the mafia's power. Mafia have a jailkeeper as their power, so it seemed to make sense that he might be trying to help his team for one more night.

Looks like it's lynch though, so at least werewolf is dying. With any luck Zhero did false claim, and we have scum caught tomorrow, and still a powerrole.
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:39 am

Post by saporovirus »

OH JESUS I FORGOT THERE WERE MECHANICS
*headdesk*
but I love you still

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:09 am

Post by implosion »

Sorry about disappearing the past few days. Midterms are irritating. Glad werewolf got lynched though.
werewolf555
werewolf555
Goon
werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by werewolf555 »

implosion wrote: Glad werewolf got lynched though.
Rage
I'm not dead yet
"Sens: Please rearrange Werewolf and Mist into a scumteam so we can policy lynch." -GreyICE
werewolf555
werewolf555
Goon
werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by werewolf555 »

smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:at least werewolf is dying.
Moar rage
I'm not dead yet
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:44 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

chesskid3 replaces Powerrox93.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:45 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Final Vote Count

werewolf555 (7) - implosion, smashbro_of_the_SSSS, mallowgeno, don_johnson, lewarcher82, ThAdmiral, Gonzoooo
Zhero (2) -werewolf555, saporovirus
mallowgeno (2) - Purple Orange, Zhero

Not Voting (1) - chesskid3

With 12 alive it is 7 to lynch. The deadline is set for the end of November 21st, PST.
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:49 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

werewolf555,
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 1.

It is now Night 1. Mafia may begin to night talk and all roles with night actions should send me them by the end of November 22nd, PST.

Return to “Completed Open Games”