Newbie 1013(GAME OVER!|Scum win!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:46 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

ACM wrote: Unless someone counterclaims I'm going to say that as far as I can tell we have tantamount to confirmed town.
ACM wrote: Now we need to get her ass here so we can find out who she protected and get our second confirmed town.
What made you so sure her protection would still have been around D-3?
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:10 am

Post by AClockworkMelon »

Civil Scum wrote:
ACM wrote: Unless someone counterclaims I'm going to say that as far as I can tell we have tantamount to confirmed town.
ACM wrote: Now we need to get her ass here so we can find out who she protected and get our second confirmed town.
What made you so sure her protection would still have been around D-3?
I wasn't "so sure". I got ahead of myself.
"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast." Oscar Wilde
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:27 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Alright, just making sure.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

MAD must be so busy irl, that she struggles to find 20 minutes for this game over the course of 3 days...she must be so important and busy, like the president... Wait a second! That explains everything! This whole time we've been playing with President Obama, and we not even knew it!

Or maybe she's Nicholas Sarkozy!!!
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:12 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

I can't speak for her, but for me once today is done I'll be done with my week of test/projects and be able to sit down and ISO my three people.
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:07 am

Post by mikemike778 »

Civil Scum wrote:MAD must be so busy irl, that she struggles to find 20 minutes for this game over the course of 3 days...she must be so important and busy, like the president... Wait a second! That explains everything! This whole time we've been playing with President Obama, and we not even knew it!

Or maybe she's Nicholas Sarkozy!!!
Maybe she's just too busy doing her laundrey.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:39 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Auto-replacing MAD. So many prods does this.

Activity = Needs to pick up
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

While I think ACM is pretty scummy, I've got a much better feeling about Ant being scum, and think that his partner might be MikeMike, not ACM.

So I pretty much refuse to vote for ACM before Ant I guess is what I'm saying. After Ant goes, then I'll very seriously consider ACM as a suspect.

I'm glad I'm not Mad's replacement :D
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:18 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Well, I'd say we are pretty much screwed.

If the scum don't vote for their partner, we need every single townie to vote for the same person. While, individually I guess we have a 40% of lynching scum, there's also 2 people who may only be voting for townies and working against the town. So I'm going to do it as 33%. Pessimistically

I was thinking that Ant's strange reaction to the doctor possibility was probably a denial that it's factored into every NK discussion. Mad also had an "explosive" reaction, though one I think is less scummy.
Read and see if you agree! :D

Whatever the actual probability we have of getting a scum, the doctor has a 25% of dying, and that's if we don't lynch a townie. Realistically, it's probably much higher thanks to us discussing it, in which case it doesn't matter who they protect and whatever they knows goes down the drain. A doc's protect seems to be good on only one person, from an information standpoint, as they must basically continue protecting the same person to preserve the usefulness. Getting an extra day-time lynch would be the second realistic purpose (what like two protections I think?). It would appear that the doc protected Elibereth the first two nights but not the third. Probably a decent argument (though not from me here) could be made that out-guessing, tricking the scums, and protect vs NK is WIFOM and very nearly random.

SO, if we lynch, and miss, the doctor has a 33% chance of dying, and only a 25% chance of protecting someone. So actually, this scenario has a 16.6667% or 1/6 chance of working out for us.

And to say it works out really well doesn't take into account multiple claims or a counter-claim situation. The probability of which going either way is probably impossible to determine.

The overall odds of lynching now come to about...(I cant remember where I was going with this)...50%...which is very closely identical to if we let the scum narrow our numbers by 1.

So yeah, it doesn't matter what we do I guess.

Though, no-lynching makes the doctors role almost completely useless as we have no guarantee at that point the the scum won't submit no-kills a couple times just to fuck with the doctor's head, and no guarantee that the doctor's "confirmed townie" result isn't on a scum.

Also, as mentioned by someone else, there might be people who are not in real danger of being lynched who are killed N-4. In which case it was pointless if we had agreed on such people today (unspoken agreement of course), unless the doctor protects them, assuming there's not 2 claims, assuming it wasn't a no-kill submission, assuming the first one wasn't that.
Basically, we're boned.

Thinking out loud I spose. That is, we're boned...UNLESS WE LYNCH ANT!
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:32 am

Post by Civil Scum »

For some reason I thought there'd been 3 nights. If Ellibereth was indeed the doc's first pic, then I think it was a gross error not to select him a second time.

WIFOM, but that's what I would have done. And if the doc did that, then their first protection is still alive.

The scum obviously want that person dead, but also have to "give up" and go doc hunting, and the doc can try to save a second person...

I don't know, for future reference, I think if I am ever the doctor and I get a protection on someone, I'm claiming the very next morning. Right away.

MAD's replacement, if you are the doc and you know somehting, please say so, so's we don't get MAD at you!
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Cmon people! Lets keep this game alive shall we?

Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:56 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Ok. So I have been rereading through this game and one of the people I mainly focused on was Mike.
Start of D2 I was feeling pretty good about him, but recently I find that he is one of my top three for scum. I asked myself why. It was mostly only because of his hammer on Holycon not sitting well with me.

After skimming through his posts a few times, it is really clear his excuse holds. He was poking at the idea of her being scum all game and finally made up his mind. Just doing what he felt right. I feel there is enough evidence in his favor, and taking in account his experience playing this game, it is enough to clear him in my mind.

Now, by process of elimination this leaves Clock and Civil.
First day, the big argument between the two. Could have been planned, or not, either way, a good way to try and distance from each other. Just like MAD was trying to point out, that it seemed like they were trying to "bait" one another into more arguments, possibly hoping to get someone else caught up in the argument in order to get some dirt on a townie. Both lynches they get on without to much of a fuss. D1 was to not miss the deadline; kinda an easy target one if you will. D2 you will notice how Civil is not on the final votecount, but unvotes right before shy is lynched, without much of a reason. Maybe not wanting to make it two obvious with both their names on there again. Clock was just riding right behind me, laughing all the way probably.... :/
Also, Civil seemed a bit more aggressive start of D3. Possibly I might just be noticing it more because it is focused at me, it is probably him moving into to clinch the final townie lynch.

Summing it up. Clock and Civil are scum. I'm pretty sure on my gut town reads...at least good enough to risk the game on. As of right now, I will only vote for one of those two people.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:17 pm

Process of elimination is no way to make a case. I know from experience. Feel free to continue thinking that I'm scum, but don't cite process of elimination as one of your reasons because it'll just dilute the rest of your case (at least IMO).

And you think that the argument Civil and I had was planned? I can't remember much and I'm not concerned enough with the issue to go look it up but I remember a protracted debate regarding FOSs and the terminology regarding their use. There's no evidence I can offer that would show it wasn't planned but well, Civil and I deserve fucking Oscars for that performance if it turns out it wasn't legit. I still remember saying "Cool beans". That's hardcore shit.

Frankly I don't know what the hell to think any more. I sort of burned up the last of my enthusiasm after the MADDOC letdown. It's tempting to think that Ant and Civil are bussing one another but I don't think that's what's happening. There isn't much of a reason for them to do it at this point. If they were both scum they could probably just drive the town towards a mislynch based on their roles in the social dynamic that's been created.
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:13 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

To your second paragraph: Dude, I can come up with some pretty crazy theories at times >_>

Joking aside, yeah, I do know it is really weak, and I am betting it on a huge assumption/gut feeling that can not be discussed right now. When I can talk about it though, it might change a lot of things though...
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:23 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

ACM wrote: I still remember saying "Cool beans". That's hardcore shit.
Haha
Ant wrote:
Now, by process of elimination this leaves Clock and Civil.

First day, the big argument between the two. Could have been planned, or not, either way, a good way to try and distance from each other.
Just like MAD was trying to point out, that it seemed like they were trying to "bait" one another into more arguments, possibly hoping to get someone else caught up in the argument in order to get some dirt on a townie.
Both lynches they get on without to much of a fuss.
Alright, first the several problems I have with this.

1- Your process of elimination would make sense to me if it included your previous elimination of MAD and Nameloc as suspects. Unless those two just go without saying. Also, process of elimination (and an argument ACM and I had) seems to be your evidence for linking us as a pair. That seems rather questionable to me.

2- "Their argument could have been planned. Either way...it was a good
try
at distancing." Hopefully I don't have to explain why we wouldn't have been -trying- to distance if we didn't intentionally have the argument. You used that word in an event in which it doesn't apply, to make us sound devious and scum-like. Aye?

3- MAD only said that about ACM baiting me. Not us baiting each other.

4- I was not voting for Holycon.
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:50 pm

Civil Scum wrote:
ACM wrote: I still remember saying "Cool beans". That's hardcore shit.
Haha
OMG U R TOTES BUDDYING WITH ME
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:47 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Ant_to_the_max wrote: D2 you will notice how Civil is not on the final votecount, but unvotes right before she is lynched, without much of a reason. Maybe not wanting to make it two obvious with both their names on there again.
Hey, looks like you conveniently left this out when you were quoting me.

Or did you forget how you voted for her, jumped off for no reason, and the felt the need to vote for her after mike did the final vote on her?

Ah, and MAD...really? I think she is happily off in her own world and not a threat here at all. There is nothing to say otherwise imo.
Name is the one i am going with my gut feeling on.
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:46 pm

Post by mikemike778 »

Ant_to_the_max wrote:
Ant_to_the_max wrote: Ah, and MAD...really? I think she is happily off in her own world and not a threat here at all. There is nothing to say otherwise imo.
Thats because she's said bugger all.

There's nothing to say she's not scum either - just forgetting her and let her be is a dangerous way of thinking (unless you are her scum buddy of course). Hopefully we'll get a replacement for MAD and hear from them soon.

I'm keeping my vote on ACM because I just don't believe his story on the whole MAD-DOC thing and generally I'd expect a liar to be scum. Ant would be my second pick.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:11 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Ant wrote: Hey, looks like you conveniently left this out when you were quoting me.
Doesn't change the fact that it wasn't what you said about it.
Ant wrote: Or did you forget how you voted for her, jumped off for no reason, and the felt the need to vote for her after mike did the final vote on her?
I didn't jump off for "no reason". You are really stretching things here. Atleast I didn't have to say later, "Uh, I didn't think it was going to happen so fast"

Look Ant, you're trying really hard here, but I know you're scum and it's only a matter of time before we's all come around to the sad facts.

MikeMike: Ant's passing off of MAD for being "not dangerous" because she lurks and is aloof is not just dangerous/bad assumption, it's also quite scummy.

He's rocking pure PoE, 50% of his suspects on gut. And yet he says "Summing it up. Clock and Civil are scum [Period!]...[I'm] at least sure enough to risk the game on it."
Like, holy scumzor!
ACM wrote: OMG U R TOTES BUDDYING WITH ME
SHUT UP!
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:12 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Perchance we could get extension, being as the replacement has to read 33 pages to catch up? pretty pleeeeease??
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:35 am

Where, oh where, has my little Name gone? Oh where, oh where, could he be?
It's been six days, since I've seen little Name and that's fucked up, like, totally.
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:09 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

I'm aware of what I am doing. If MAD is scum and though "oh, I'll just act exactly like I did last game so people think I'm town and not scum" that is good for her. She got me. But I HIGHLY doubt that.

With Name the gut feeling is "Cool! I just put two and two together and got four!!! Or...I was totally just played...." If I was played by the scum, that was a pretty good play so gg to them.

Then what was your reason, and why did you vote for her after the fact that the day was done?

Look Civil, you're trying really hard here, but I know you're scum and it's only a matter of time before we's all come around to the sad facts.
You are pushing really hard just towards me. Kinda sad how when I read most of your posts now I read it like "wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong *sigh*"
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:25 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Nameloc = prodded.

Still looking for a MAD replacement.

I may grant an extension. Maybe.

Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:55 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Ant: Let me get this str8... you 'know' I am scum largely based on some PoE that you just got done admitting you're not sure about.
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:58 am

Post by mikemike778 »

Game seems to have kinda died recently. What happens if we can't get a replacement by the deadline - or two replacements if Name needs replacing ?

Unofficial vote count

ACM: 2
Civil: 1
Ant: 1

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”