Fringe Mafia (Game Over, role PMs posted)

PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:04 am

Post by PogoStick »

As much as I hate you right now, you are posting something
Show
Call me Rob, Hop, or joystick but I am better known in mafia world as the "Fall guy"

AtE is not a scum tell.

Town: 0-1
Scum: 1-1
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Emp wrote:By gosh its almost like I'm voting a different player rather than one of those three!
So? That doesn't mean you can't make a case on them...
Emp wrote:DB: What are your thoughts about Hop claiming that I was claiming that Hop was leaving his options open "by voting for furclow"?
You mean the part that he was "misrepresenting" you on? Come on... If you're going to ask me what I think about everything that HOMJ was "misrepresenting" you on I'd be making plenty of walls of text.

In all seriousness I do agree that HOMJ was wrong however, it appears to be a honest mistake than anything else.

Also, while I do beleive SV's post restriction for the time being (gut read), he really needs to communicate more regardless.
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by PogoStick »

unvote, vote bv310

I still have emp on my shit list but these inactive players are ruining the game and these false promises are getting old.
Show
Call me Rob, Hop, or joystick but I am better known in mafia world as the "Fall guy"

AtE is not a scum tell.

bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bv310 »

Okay, so in catching up, I have decided the following:

HoMJ, Zang, and possibly Furc need rope. As it stands, I want HoMJ dead first. Every single post he's made so far today has been beyond useless. In some cases, he's just being a moron. In others, he is playing actively anti-town. He keeps trying to argue off his pointless posts by claiming that they're "just his playstyle". He's also being entirely too obsessive with activity (which is a classic scum tactic to seem pro-town)

Vote: HoMJ

If there's anything else you want me to comment on specifically, then ask. Otherwise, I'm going to take a look through again later on, once we've lynched HoMJ.
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:22 pm

Post by PogoStick »

so basically you are OMGUSing me, way to go
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by PogoStick »

because if you go look at all my games I am obsessive with my activity and you have basically provided no other real reason for my vote

you should be commenting on the entire game, lord knows there is enough of it.

you come in and vote for the VI is just proof you are too lazy to scum hunt or you are scum, either way you are harmful to town.

my posts have not been usless, being called a moron is a personal attack {b]Mod please warn him this is not acceptable[/b].

You say i am playing "actively anti-town:" but don't post any examples of such

so like I said your case is basically OMGUS
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by PogoStick »

Mod please warn people against personal attacks, thank you
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by PogoStick »

it's funny people want me gone yet NOBODY has any valid reason for it, you guys are making up stuff or really grasping at straws. NOTHING I have done in this game is ant-town and you know it.

makeing up some lame excuse that increased activity is scum, is full of shit because in all my games, mafia is typically not the most active.
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by PogoStick »

so just for the record

Emp's reasons for my vote have already been debunked
zang votes never makes a valid case
bv's votes for reasons that are fabricated

these 3 people can't possibly be mafia or that woudl really be obvious but I am pretty sure 1 or 2 of them are.

nobody can point to any reason I am scum other than being in their mind a VI

their reasons make no sense or can easily be debunked.
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:36 pm

Post by smargaret »

bv310 wrote:Okay, so in catching up, I have decided the following:

HoMJ, Zang, and possibly Furc need rope. As it stands, I want HoMJ dead first. Every single post he's made so far today has been beyond useless. In some cases, he's just being a moron. In others, he is playing actively anti-town. He keeps trying to argue off his pointless posts by claiming that they're "just his playstyle". He's also being entirely too obsessive with activity (which is a classic scum tactic to seem pro-town)

If there's anything else you want me to comment on specifically, then ask. Otherwise, I'm going to take a look through again later on, once we've lynched HoMJ.
Jump on the easy wagon, scum. Did you not notice that Furc is dead (and town)? Do you have a reason for Zang? Not that I disagree with you about Hop, but there's a difference between not-pro-town and anti-town. Also, for the length of time you've had to write it, this was a disastrously underwhelming catchup post.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: bv310
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by PogoStick »

BV, I would like you to comment on empking's play throughout the entire game, keep in mind his posts about how he is "scumhunting"
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by PogoStick »

and here you go bv, I was vanilla townie this game and had more posts than anyone else in the game - http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 19&start=0

if you want to use meta, I can prove I am active in every game.

I am the rare person who feels that if you can't post 10 posts minimum EVERY DAY than why the hell are you even playing mafia.
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by smargaret »

Hop, please consider for a moment the merits of quality vs. quantity. He's right in that if you're just posting to yourself it's only cluttering up the thread.
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:52 pm

Post by PogoStick »

smargaret wrote:Hop, please consider for a moment the merits of quality vs. quantity. He's right in that if you're just posting to yourself it's only cluttering up the thread.
well I wouldn't be posting to myself if you guys would post more. Inactivity is the biggest pet peeve of mine and this site is the worse for it.

problem is where I play, the people talk too much but are so damn stupid they lynch a cop before he even has a chance to defend himself

if i can find a site where people are smarter (here) and don't post every 4 days (NOT HERE) than I would be happy.

I'm sorry I talk too much but that is me, I lead post count on my other site also, I blame it on my ADD and lack of other hobbies
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by bv310 »

Are you seriously taking offense to the moron line? Don't go whining to ES just because you're being scummy and I call what I see. Anyway, since you asked so politely :roll:, here's just a few examples of you playing in ways that would have gotten you lynched if our stupid site meta didn't excuse Village Idiots for their own terrible play:
HopOnMyJoystick wrote:And why I say no lynch is anti town, now I don't have figures for the entire site, in newbie games when NL happens, mafia wins > 80% of the time

no lynch provides no useable vote comparison cause
Starting off nice and early, you immediately resort to Appeal to Numbers. Throwing up random stupid statistics like this is a classic way to give yourself an air of legitimacy.
HopOnMyJoystick wrote: 2. This site has made me more cautious with lynching people like furc, because he belongs to the same group of people like Andrew, Shotty, David Parker, and some would say I belong in that group (I disagree with myself cause I have never and will never fake claim a power role if I am vanilla townie, and the others in that group including furc have) that being said these guys are almost always lynched day 1 because they are just crappy players and come off scummy almost every game.
That was the reason I unvoted him, I just don't want to be part of a furc wagon so early in the game

I completely understand people finding my actions slightly scummy but I can assure you I am not scum.
Bolding is HoMJ's, not mine. This is a shortened version of a massive chunk of scumminess. The bolded and the last line are probably the worst for it. First off, who gives a flying fuck when in the game it is? If someone is scummy enough to earn a vote, it shouldn't matter when it is. Last line is terrible too. There is no possible way that a Townie is that dumb to post something like that.
HopOnMyJoystick wrote:@LC

I went back and read and your straw man accusation failed as I never twisted anything noc said

I did misread one aspect of his post, I thought when he said" the wagon went too fast" he meant "the wagon went away too fast"

but he still lied when he said I pushed for his lynch, cause I never pushed for his lynch

right now I have caught noc in 2 pretty big lies and one minor one

for those at home the lies

1. I pushed furc's lynch - never pushed anything
2. I voted and quickly unvoted - 12 hours and 40 posts is not pushing
3. Said he posted his activity is limited, he never does - minor lie to possibly excuse his lurking but the Internet issue can be real so that is why I am mostly ignoring this one
Figured this whole post needed to be quoted. It is easily one of the worst defenses I've ever seen in a game of mafia, but I feel like the part that needs to be noted is the Nocmen case. Look at what he's using to push for a Nocmen lynch, and tell me if those seem in any valid.

And that's just in his first three pages of ISO. Shall I go on?

Also, In my post above, I wrote Furc instead of SV. My bad.
@Smargaret, I know this is pretty underwhelming, but I really cannot stand to read some of the posting in this game (which has been more than half of it, for the record), and I really can not draw reads in this game.
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:05 pm

Post by PogoStick »

1. Appeal to numbers? - http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 3#p2625413 - so you throw that buzzword to make yourself feel smart. way to go and when statistics prove that voting NL is pretty anti-town, there is nothing wrong with it.

2. I think you have that last part wrong. There is no way MAFIA would be dumb enough to post something like that. Do you really mafia would say "I understand people find my actions scummy"?
part 2, - policy lynching a VI is just wrong and that is basically what I felt was happening. Policy lynching VI is just another way scum can get to end the day because everyone is willing to lynch a VI, even townies

3. I don't get what you are talking about with my quoted post, I don't see anything wrong with it at all except for the fact that I was wrong about nocman being scum
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

[quote="HOMJ""]so basically you are OMGUSing me, way to go[/quote]

Just because he's voting you after you voted him isn't OMGUS.
HOMJ wrote:NOTHING I have done in this game is ant-town and you know it.
I lulzed.
bv wrote:Otherwise, I'm going to take a look through again later on, once we've lynched HoMJ.
Erm... No. i reccomend you take a look though ASAP, not when HOMJ gets lynched. Your posting habits so far aren't cutting it.

@HOMJ- I don't care if its part of your meta or not. Unless you can think of better reasons to vote someone then "They're lurking! OMG they must be scum!" then your reasoning isn't good enough. I agree that lurking is scummy but when its the only thing that you have on a person than you're not trying hard enough.
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:11 pm

Post by PogoStick »

I voted him to get him to post and OH MY GOD GUESS WHAT. he posted.

this is called active lurking and is what scum do.

they come back to the game when they are mentioned or voted and his huge catchup post basically comes down to nothing significant and he joins my bandwagon which proves he is just hopping on the easiest lynch.

he is hung himself imo.
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by bv310 »

You see, your problem comes in assuming that I care whatsoever about whether you voted for me or not.
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:26 pm

Post by PogoStick »

bv310 wrote:If there's anything else you want me to comment on specifically, then ask. Otherwise, I'm going to take a look through again later on, once we've lynched HoMJ.
HopOnMyJoystick wrote:BV, I would like you to comment on empking's play throughout the entire game, keep in mind his posts about how he is "scumhunting"

interesting that you seem to completely ignore my question
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:54 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

esuriospiritus wrote:
TonyMontana
has been prodded.
Was this prod a psychic message that made me check this thread on my own? :P

Sorry for the absence, I will throw in my cents after my exam on wednesday.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:18 am

Post by PogoStick »

wednesday? to quote charlie brown

Good grief
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:54 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

@bv- I know you saw my post so I'll ask you again to post reads on other people other than HOMJ

@HOMJ- Can your explain your OMGUS arguement about bv? It just looks like scrambling to me.
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by PogoStick »

he comes in after promising to make this huge catchup post and sees that I am voting for him and he decides to say fuck it and just make a weak case on me and vote me cause I am the "easy target"

to me it originally seemed like OMGUS because his case holds no merit, however I just checked and he votes me right as he replaces in the game which is ultra scummy. he even admits he hasn't done a FULL READTHROUGH, yet he feels without that, I am the vote. which just adds into the scummy behavior

nobody's case holds any merit in my mind and i have debunked all of them with valid reasons as to why they are faulty.

bv is being lazy and failing to deliver on his promise which was
bv310 wrote:
vote: Hop

Setup speculation, in and of itself, is not scummy. Ignoring everything that has happened so far, including analyzing players based on known flips, in favour of pointless speculation is very much vote worthy.

Also, Hi! I'm your new Foilist. I'm partially through my readthrough now,
and will attempt to get a big ol' wall of text up tonight or tomorrow.
and what do we get after THREEW WHOLE DAYS OF WAITING?

this big ol pile of stinking garbage
bv310 wrote:Okay, so in catching up, I have decided the following:

he reaks of scum by jumping on the easiest target instead of providing solid reads on people
he lies because he says he is going to post a wall of text on his reads of the game and he fails on that aspect
and lastly 2 different people have asked him DIRECT QUESTIONS at his own request to be asked directly and he ignores them and now we are waiting for him to poke in his head again and post nothing of value yet again

you want to be blinded by him, go right ahead but he clearly isn't playing with a pro-town mentality because he fails to do the ONE THING somebody pro-town is required to do in this game and that is scum hunt.

all this adds up in my mind as scum in my book
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

HOMJ wrote:to me it originally seemed like OMGUS because his case holds no merit, however I just checked and he votes me right as he replaces in the game which is ultra scummy.
Just because he has a bad case doesn't mean that its OMGUS. It just looks to me like scum trying to put more blame on a person than is needed.

I agree with you on the rest of it though. bv isn't pulling his weigt and just seems like he's trying to get a free ride. At the best he's lazytown.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”