ATHF Mafia OVER(roles and whatnot revealed)

podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:57 am

Post by podium123456 »

Seacore wrote:Just because other people have been satisfied with his explanation of his behaviour or have moved on does not mean I have to.
You keep acting like you have made a valid case about my attitude... you haven't. I've explained why, and instead of rebutting it... you just say 'oh ur wrong' and keep repeating it.
Seacore wrote:Just because he calmed down at some point does not mean that his early ranting and flailing wasn't a scum tell.
What exactly are you referring to as me 'ranting and flailing'? Because my initial reaction/explanation to fate AND gw was pretty calm and rational, imo. (ISO 4, 5)

Are you referring to the 3 posts i made to Fate, where i used capslock to respond against his capslock style? Hell, one of those was telling him to stop using caps...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

edit: holy crap... my pc crashed just as i started to submit this, and i had to restart. when i did, firefox opened back up with all my tabs including all this text i had written... NICE :cool:

Votecount (as of this post):
implosion: 3 (Fate, Nacho, VasudeVa) L-4
GhostWriter: 1 (podium) L-6
podium: 3 (GhostWriter, implosion, Seacore) L-4
Seacore: 1 (Zdenek) L-5
VibeBox: 1 (Magna) L-6
Last edited by Untrod Tripod on Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Fate »

The sooner the podiumwagon dissipates the sooner we move on with the game.

MoI sitting with his vote on VibeBox while making a case on podium is particularly unproductive.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by podium123456 »

i have no idea why no one feels compelled to talk about my GW case (specifically 254 and 259). Especially when he stopped talking about it, because he wanted to hear other people comment.

UNVOTE
VOTE: Seacore
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Alright, I'll summarize the case on implosion in this post, and then respond on stuff in the next post.

The case on implosion is as goes:

Implosion's ISO #4 is super duper scum lazy opportunistic scum vote. He puts podium into L-2 with three shit reasonings: "I think that's scummy" (It's not.), "MoI is right" (He isn't.) and "podium complains a lot" (Yes he is, how is that scummy?)

And there's also this quote right here:
imposion ISO #4 wrote:If he summed up the thread exactly as you would have, then why the hell did you never mention a thing about Ghost or Nacho? And why does him summing up the thread as you would have make him town, anyway? He did something you would have done. Cool. He called you town. Cool. And this makes him town to you because...?
In this quote, he asks why podium thinks I'm Town. Never mind that podium already explained his Vas-Town reasoning here. He didn't even acknowledge podium's reasoning why he thinks I'm town. Instead...he asks again when the question has already been answered..? This is evidence that implosion is not even reading into the person he is accusing. He is lazily hopping along the wagon without his own investigation.

And then the rest of the wall is either criticizing me and Seacore with some flimsy and fallacious reasoning. I can possibly buy the seacore reasoning, albeit how thinly stretched it might be...it could be a reasonable read. His reasoning on me, however, is a logical fallacy.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by Fate »

I hate being on a wagon with you VV.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

MoI wrote:Are you seriously asking this question. I pointed out exactly what I disliked about Podium’s ‘scum-hunting’ in my review of the case against him. ISOing me should quickly show you my thoughts on the issue. Be advised that based on prompting that is explianed further in this post I have revised my opinion on his scum-hunting re: Implosion.
I don't buy it. Plus it is severely outdated. Do you still think so?

MoI wrote:Really? I thought it was easy to identify ‘SCUM INTENT’ in posts even without being able to identify specific scummy things about the post in question. You’ve said so elsewhere. I’d really like to hear your response to this.
Really? In that other game you are talking about, I had criticized a certain person's poorly reasoned tunnel(scummy) and then identified possible scum motivations(mislynch). implosion critisized my defense of podium(not scummy) and then identified possible scum motivations(lame scum keeping options theory.)

See the difference?
Fate wrote:I hate being on a wagon with you VV.
:P
Seacore wrote:I admit that my staying on podium is a little lazy, but I do genuinely find him scummy. Just because other people have been satisfied with his explanation of his behaviour or have moved on does not mean I have to. To just label it as "spaghetti flinging" is not apt. When you consider that over half the posts in this game are podium's, and that his attitude bounces back and forth depending on his mood, it's difficult to address all of it at once. And it's also incorrect to do so. Just because he calmed down at some point does not mean that his early ranting and flailing wasn't a scum tell. It's just a scum tell before a good night slee
And you wonder why people like to wagon you D1 when you post gems like this. :roll:
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

VibeBox iso read. Hobey-ho, here we go.

Iso 0: votes Podium, joining the wagon.

Iso 1: pretty much tells Implosion that he has no intention of explaining the reasoning for your vote, amounting to him saying "figure it out for yourself".

Iso 2: so far as I can see, this post has absolutely no purpose. Furthermore, it attempts to make it look like Implosion has done something wrong here.

Iso 3: Again, refuses to explain the vote, chalking it up to him liking to discourage laziness. The fuck? This shit is scummy or stupid. No one here can read minds. Making assumptions often leads to people being wrong. Assuming the wrongs things lead to accusations and reads based on faulty info. It drags the town down. Furthermore, you're really just asking to be allowed to jump on a wagon without having to explain yourself.

And then we go to Iso 5, where you ask for more posting because this is your only game. Well, hell, then perhaps you'd like to start posting the reasoning behind your reads? Nah, of course not.

Iso 6: I don't think it's the "lingo", so much as it is the, again, lack of any reasoning behind your reads. Also, there is a lack of mentioning Podium in your reads list. And no matter how much you alter a quoted post to say what you want, it isn't true just because you say so. What are your postings so far? A vote with no given reason, which looks very opportunistic. Repeated refusual to provide reasoning for said vote. Complaint towards others for making crappy posts whilst your own lack any determinable depth. Reads without stating reasons.

Iso 10: Now, this is supposedly all the things we were supposed to automatically infer from iso 3. We don't need quotes that are posted with one-liners that glean us no insight into your train of thought. If we get that, then people may begin to feel that you're hiding things from them.

That's about all I really got, MoI. And it's that last little bit that hits me the most: not opening up/feeling like something is being hidden. If Vibe starts explaining things better, I can get a solid read on him. As it is, because of the hiding, he feels scummy.

UNVOTE:
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by podium123456 »

^^ LOL

GW comes at me hard with his case this entire game, never concedes any points or thinks that i have refuted any of his claims, and with his last discussion post that we were having (before he stopped) he says:
GhostWriter wrote:Guys, why isn't this scum lynched yet?
yet now he tries to quietly slink off of my wagon without saying anything... probably hoping no one would notice.

well, i did.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:19 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Hoping no one notices? How could they not notice? Do you think I assume no one reads the game? And that YOU, of all people, would not notice it?

Podium, do you know why I asked people for their opinion?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by Fate »

PODIUM WHAT THE FUCK DOES IT MATTER HES OFF YOUR WAGON.

CONTINUE YOUR FOCUS ON SEACORE AND IMPLOSION
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by podium123456 »

GhostWriter wrote:Hoping no one notices? How could they not notice? Do you think I assume no one reads the game? And that YOU, of all people, would not notice it?
...you know what i mean.
GhostWriter wrote: Podium, do you know why I asked people for their opinion?
Yes. Because i showed that your case was ridiculously flimsy at its core, as well as catching you in several lies/misreps. You couldn't respond.

..oh but i know you have your excuse of 'oh i just want to hear other peoples opinions'. there is no 'opinion' about the fact that i caught you lying (or to be nice, severely misrepresenting).

@ Fate : wtf it matters is that he is still a top scumpick for me, and that behavior is relevant to my opinion of him. learn2play.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

@Seacore
– If you expect serial posting or spam posting from me you should expect to be disappointed. I generally post once to twice a Day during the week. I’m not going to flood the thread with short, relatively content free posts.
Fate wrote:MoI sitting with his vote on VibeBox while making a case on podium is particularly unproductive.
I have move vote sitting, you know, because I think Vibe is scum. I’ve taken every opportunity to address his posts as they appear. Not good enough for you?

Just because your personal drive to question Podium has waned doesn’t mean I have to ignore him. You already have your personal sheep Nacho to keep you company.

But to further address your concerns – why is Podium’s vote on Ghostwriter or Zdenek’s vote on Seacore less worthy of your disdain? Both were single votes as of your post?
VV wrote:I don't buy it. Plus it is severely outdated. Do you still think so?
Severely outdated? The thread has been open less than 1 full week. Please don’t try to portray this as a read I made in the first week Day 1 and have held til Day 4.

I have already stated he was correct in his attack on implosion. His “scummy actions not a scummy player” post directed at you I find complete fluff now that he’s explained his reasoning. And I stand by his ‘hop’ on Seacore was driven by Fate’s suspicion. On first blush his 'case' on Ghostwriter is less than compelling. I'll have to re-read that exchange later.
Vibebox wrote:There's nothing more annoying than someone who thinks they have an awesome read, and clearly don't. Preperations for a new job have taken up almost all my time since my last post, with my only free time being occupied keeping up with this thread. This has left me no time for analysis.
tl;dr : stfu
First off I’m sure you do find it annoying that I’m calling you scum and not letting up. Whether that’s because you are the poor, innocent person you are claiming or because you are actual scum remains to be seen.

So these preparations for a new job sprung up between Wednesday the 17th when you wrote “POST MOAR” and Thursday the 18th when you posted your last actual content post?

TL;DR – No, I don’t think so. Why don’t you just hang and save us the trouble of replacing your scummy self?
Podium wrote:9.98 times out of 10 when someone says 'i think that was an in-game communication' and then VOTES the person for it, they are implying it is coaching. I don't think many would disagree. So that's where 'coaching' came from. if you didn't necessarily think he's scum, and might be some type of town pr, then why attempt to blow his cover?

what did you mean by 'reaction test'? i assumed you meant he was trying to get a reaction from whoever he was talking to... what's scummy about that?
You are so completely wrong about the first portion I don’t know what to say. If I had thought he was Coaching I would have called him on it. You ignored the MANY other examples I provided and provide statistics that you pulled out of your ass (I’d like a cite for 9.98 out of 10 times, otherwise you are just inventing empty statistics to fluff your position).

That vote and statement was reaction fishing on my part. I picked up on his odd comment, tacked on several possible motivations that might explain what he was doing, and then voted for him.

He could have reacted in any number of ways. He could have reacted like you did and questioned me on a coaching accusation. He could have called it role-fishing if he was a Town player trying to find a partner. He could have said it was reaction-fishing, which isn’t scummy at all.

But he did none of these. He threw on a façade of indifference and tried to play the "I'm too good to give you guys any information" game.
Podium wrote:1. Don't misrep me. i SPECIFICALLY said i would include more detail if someone wanted it, but that i was leaving it out for brevity... as i was making a game-wide analysis.
Yet you didn’t include the specifics now when I specifically made issue of it. You made unbacked accusations. I’m not particularly impressed that you thought to include the “I’ll do it later” caveat. Your excuse that it was a game-wide analysis doesn’t hold water. You took the time to support your assertion, in that post, that my attack on Vibe was based on coaching. Why go to the specific trouble of providing direct links to said posts (which require you to ISO them for the URL) and not provide the purpoted scummy logic directly in your post?
Podium wrote:Sure, there might have been a non-shared point here and there, but this seemed to be the primary focus of each argument.
Way to quote mine, as it were. You nicely sniped off the other portion of my ISO 1 which said the following
Spamming the thread just to post hardly qualifies as either scum-hunting or being useful.
Nice of you to ignore my call of his play as spamming and not scum-hunting.
Podium wrote:3. you cant understand that? i thought vibe's explanation was sufficient, so did VV. when you didn't, i found it interesting... because i dont know how much better he could have explained things. sure, it's a very subjective thing... that's why i said it was interesting.
I can clearly understand it. You said it was interesting that I didn’t back off when VV did. You didn’t mention that his subsequent retraction had to do with labelling Vibe’s post as IIOA, which I never did. And you are correct it is very subjective. Why again should I be substituting your reads for my own?
Podium wrote:4. hah. the ole 'interesting' bit (which was the semantics issue seacore went after, in the game that you mentioned earlier). are you trying to tell me, that in a post in which I expressed strong suspicion of you, that because i used the word interesting, you dont know my intent towards you? this wasn't anything you did, and it is a subjective and possibly nullish observation... that's why it's interesting. sometimes when someone says 'interesting', they are just using the word.
I attack your semantics because the use of interesting in that sentence is scummy. You’ve stated that you were putting me under heavy suspicion in that post. If that is the case why are you presenting ‘Nullish’ information in the middle of a post trying to outline my scummy behavior? There is no pro-Town motivation for doing so.

I note with interest that you reference AGM’s game with Seacore. You do remember that Seacore was going after Deer, who was scum, in the early part of the game when he attacked on the use of ‘interesting’, right? Thanks for supporting my statement!
Podium wrote:i didn't know that i had to provide all possible qualifiers every time i said something like this. a day-cop could know my role to... it was just a figure of speech.
Then it was a poorly placed ‘figure of speech’ that flies in the face of very basic Mafia information. Why do you so often tack on 'figures or speech' or inaccurate information as a means to prop up your arguments?
Podium wrote:Dont assume what i might have perceived, or that i believed VV was scummy. A scummy action does not always equate to a scummy player.
What was your purpose for pointing out scummy actions if you didn’t think it came from a scummy player? It certainly isn’t scum-hunting if you make an entire post dedicated to VV’s scummy bahavior that doesn’t indicate in any way you think he may be scum.
Podium wrote:Implosion and seacore. Just because YOU think my attack was 'incorrect' (and hey, i'll hit you with the same sort of qualifier gotcha... how could you know it was incorrect, unless you know their roles? ) doesn't mean that i didn't express that i was suspicious of him being a scum partner.
But was it scummy behavior by Seacore or do you actually think he is a scummy player?

I call it incorrect because you backed off of that suspicion at ISO 18 shortly after you made it. So I’m following your suggestion.

And not to be too nitpicky you actually said you had MORE than 2 scum-reads when you made your VV ‘this is scummy actions but not a scummy player’ post. So besides implosion and Seacore (who you soon backed off) who were your other scum-reads that made our total more than 2?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

I asked for opinions because I caught myself tunneling. At that point, I had no idea of what anyone's cases on anything were, because I was blinded by my determination to have you lynched. In my tunnelvision, I began to present a steadily weakening case as stronger cases rose and fell around me. And I couldn't listen to you to bring myself out of it. So I asked others what they thought, because if I heard it from them, then I could back off. Which I've done. And that is why I asked. And that is why I unvoted.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by implosion »

Posting to say I'm still here. I'll make a bigger post tomorrow, and then it'll be Thanksgiving break.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by Seacore »

MoI, I like the way you post, I'm not trying to get you to spam the thread. I included you in my list of "people who I want to post more before the rest of us post more" because you had promised a particular post. What I'd really like to happen is that the replacements come in and get caught up before we go too much further. Today has already been a relatively heavy posting Day 1 for a mini. I don't want us to get to a place where replacements refuse to read because the count is too high.

Since I'm probably as guilty of tunneling podium as anybody, I'm going to look over implosion while I wait for others to post.

Also, just for clarity. In the AGM game, from memory, I didn't think I'd caught scum with deer. Other people kept interpreting my comment as catching scum. I was simply saying that people should avoid making 'fluff' statements like "interesting" when they should be saying "looks scummy" "looks town" "suggests a relationship between A and B" or whatever.
Could somebody link that game? I lost all my pre-server-change games.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:20 pm

Post by Fate »

But to further address your concerns – why is Podium’s vote on Ghostwriter or Zdenek’s vote on Seacore less worthy of your disdain? Both were single votes as of your post?
Who the hell is Zdenek?

Also, if I have to point out that single votes sitting on ACTIVE players versus a single vote on ZOMGAFK VibeBox, then you're not doing your job right.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:41 pm

Post by Seacore »

Zdenek has replaced xenephon, despite the OP not reflecting this.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by Fate »

Which is the one that posts nice little contributions every once and awhile and is probably town?

Zinive or Zdenek?

I have a sneakin suspicion that we'll need two replacements... which is -_-
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by Seacore »

Zdenek is the one that has been posting.

Zinive hasn't posted since the second flavour post.

UT is currently looking for a replacement for Zinive, but hasn't mentioned the Butterfly, who hasn't posted all game despite apparently confirming.
So we have two slots who haven't contributed at all. Which is a fair portion in a 12 man game.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by Fate »

Which is why you need to move your vote from podium ASAP and actually try.
VibeBox
VibeBox
Townie
VibeBox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:44 am

Post by VibeBox »

MagnaofIllusion wrote: So these preparations for a new job sprung up between Wednesday the 17th when you wrote “POST MOAR” and Thursday the 18th when you posted your last actual content post?
Actually, yes, asshat. I just randomly landed a sweet job and had to act on it quick.
Also, fuck you and die.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:TL;DR – No, I don’t think so. Why don’t you just hang and save us the trouble of replacing your scummy self?
Man, u r a Mafia
pro
!
"There is no royal road to science, and only those who do not dread the fatiguing climb of its steep paths have a chance of gaining its luminous summits"
-Karl Heinrich Marx
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:47 am

Post by Fate »

*hovers his hand over the switch wagon button*
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:17 am

Post by Seacore »

For the meantime i'll shift my vote

unvote. vote Vibe
I'd like some contribution there please.

I'll do some posting soon, it's a busy morning at work but the afternoon should free up some time for me.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Fate?
Can I ask you a question?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by Fate »

Permission to speak.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”