Consulmaker II: the Pyrrhic War - Game over.

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Rabies wrote:
Primate wrote:It contains a lot of things under its umbrella that are scumtells though. Couple of big ones can be called OMGUS. Don't think what happened between Nath and Chess there specifically was of any particular note though.
Um, OK.

chesskid's arguement isn't this sophisticated, though. It's just a vague dismissal of Nat with these meaningless five letters and he expects us to find meaning in them. Whenever someone doesn't clearly guide us through why we should think someone else is scum, that seems indicative of
acting
to me.

Speaking of vagueness...
Jack wrote:I'm not interested in the method.

Let's talk about how lowell and porochaz are scummy.

I don't like chesskid either.
I think the liar among you and ribwich is scum, and I think it's you (ribwich's posts and attitude are more honest and genuine than yours).

I also think it would be strategically advantageous this early on to scum to bus their buddy in a side note (chesskid) rather than overtly. (PS: lowell does seem townish to me; porochaz has only posted once, so it's too early to call for him)
First mention of bus is noted.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:14 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Hello Jack, What's up?

I am at work then uni today so no big huge post. I'll then read through stuff later once I get on. Still not sure who Im going to give my vote to, to expand Im not giving it to Lowell, as his record for consistancy in games I have been in with him in has been abysmal, he also refuses to post anything extensive and has periods of inactivity. Can players who I haven't played with before please link the most recent completed game they have played?
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:37 pm

Post by ribwich »

Vote: rabies

SpyreX wrote:Just pick a method with what we have up (the list) and split into two. How about even and odds? Done. Done.
Another method I would be fine with using. Jack, I'll even let you pick which group is yours. And for anyone that thinks there's a chance both of us are scum, any potential third consulmaker could just pick one from each group.
"ROLEFISHING ROLEFISHING OMGOBVSCUMRAWR weeEEEEEEEEEOOOOOooooo" - Vi
Nathanael
Nathanael
Goon
Nathanael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:29 pm

Post by Nathanael »

SensFan wrote:
Unvote; Vote: Jack

I want to see him as a Tribune.
lol. why exactly would you want that?

three cases:
case one, we are right and there is exactly one scum in {Jack, ribwich}: with the group split we find out who the liar is and lynch him
case two, Jack and ribwich are scum: the consulmaker chooses one out of each group, best case both consuls survive and we know two scum, worst case one consul dies and we lynch one of {Jack, ribwich} (the one who's group the consul was not in). extremely unlikely worst case, both consuls die, in this case we look at the players who died, if there are only two players, it's as if we had the consuls, and will know everything. should there be three deaths, probably the third consulmaker should out himself
case three, Jack and ribwich are both town. I am not going to consider this case because in this case one of them is a complete idiot. the only possible way this could be, is if the mod had forced one townie to claim consulmaker. (
mod, is there anything bastardly in this game?
)

mert, stop worrying for nothing.

UNVOTE: VOTE: Rabies, getting town-vibes there
chesskid3 wrote:Also, I'm not scrapping for the sake of it. Nathanael comes at me with "I'm starting to suspect chesskid because he dares to ask me why I voted Lowell for tribune after one craptastic post ZOMGZOMGZOMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG"

Seriously. Lowell. Less than useless when he's town, and for some reason hard to lynch when he's scum. YA WOOOO GREAT TRIBUNE RIGHT THERE
ever heard about RVS? that's when one votes randomly without having to have particular reads on someone.
chesskid3 wrote:First mention of bus is noted.
lol.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:31 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Except this isn't an RVS >_<
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:47 am

Post by Lowell »

Yeah it's tribune and useless. Stop pretending you care about this and vote lowell. Those acting like this matters are overreacting either willfully or because they're clueless. Let's just pick someone (lowell!), then kill jack/rib, then kill sens tomorrow, and then bask in our success on the third day.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:46 am

Post by SensFan »

Nathanael wrote:
SensFan wrote:

I think he's slightly more likely to be Town than ribwhich. I think he's a rather good player, and I don't know about ribwhich. So I'd like to see him as Tribune, where he is forced to provide definate input one way or the other on the execution targets.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:01 am

Post by Jack »

Let's get some more suffrigiumining going on.
Nathanael
Nathanael
Goon
Nathanael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:00 am

Post by Nathanael »

SensFan wrote:
Nathanael wrote:
SensFan wrote:

I think he's slightly more likely to be Town than ribwhich. I think he's a rather good player, and I don't know about ribwhich. So I'd like to see him as Tribune, where he is forced to provide definate input one way or the other on the execution targets.
if you randomly choose someone out of {Jack, ribwich} you have 77,78% chance to have a town tribune. if you choose someone in {Jack, ribwich} that percentage drops to 50%
"slightly more likely" is in no way enough to justify such a tribunal vote.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:16 am

Post by Porochaz »

Lowell wrote:Yeah it's tribune and useless. Stop pretending you care about this and vote lowell. Those acting like this matters are overreacting either willfully or because they're clueless. Let's just pick someone (lowell!), then kill jack/rib, then kill sens tomorrow, and then bask in our success on the third day.
and this is why you don't choose Lowell
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:40 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Porochaz wrote:
Lowell wrote:Yeah it's tribune and useless. Stop pretending you care about this and vote lowell. Those acting like this matters are overreacting either willfully or because they're clueless. Let's just pick someone (lowell!), then kill jack/rib, then kill sens tomorrow, and then bask in our success on the third day.
and this is why you don't choose Lowell
QFT
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:46 am

Post by SensFan »

Nathanael wrote:
SensFan wrote:
Nathanael wrote:
SensFan wrote:

if you randomly choose someone out of {Jack, ribwich} you have 77,78% chance to have a town tribune. if you choose someone in {Jack, ribwich} that percentage drops to 50%
That assumes my primary goal is to have a town tribunal, or even a scum execution for today. Neither of those assumptions would be correct.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:46 am

Post by chesskid3 »

SensFan wrote:
Nathanael wrote:
SensFan wrote:
Nathanael wrote:
SensFan wrote:

That assumes my primary goal is to have a town tribunal, or even a scum execution for today. Neither of those assumptions would be correct.
Erm, what?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:47 am

Post by SensFan »

You heard me.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:48 am

Post by chesskid3 »

I heard you, my brain is still hung up on the part where you don't want to lynch scum
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:50 am

Post by SensFan »

I didn't say I don't want to. I said it's not my primary goal today.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:50 am

Post by chesskid3 »

What is your primary goal, then?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:57 am

Post by SensFan »

Information to give future executions a higher chance of success.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:24 am

Post by Primate »

What is the goal of information except to catch scum? Hoarding Information for information's own sake is a really bad way of looking at it. I also don't like it in this way because it adds a second goal that scum can appeal to try and get across the idea that they are town whilst easing the burden on themselves of finding scum. "Oh, sens didn't get scum, it's ok, he was going for info."

I'm not saying it's a bad idea to go for information, it's obviously not, but never use the fact that you're doing it as an excuse for not doing what you should be doing. Plus, hitting scum is normally the most informative thing you can do anyway, because that's where all the connections are, so realistically there's no real reason to for it as a main tactic either.
Nathanael
Nathanael
Goon
Nathanael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:27 am

Post by Nathanael »

FoS: SensFan
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:32 am

Post by chesskid3 »

whoever chose these consuls did a horrible job, btw.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:33 am

Post by Jack »

:)
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:41 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Yeah someone call me when Day 2 starts, there's no way we're getting a scum lynch today with these consuls.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:44 am

Post by Jack »

Why don't you suffriginium someone?
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:44 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

chesskid3 wrote:Yeah someone call me when Day 2 starts, there's no way we're getting a scum lynch today with these consuls.
They could probably start by looking here.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”