Newbie 1013(GAME OVER!|Scum win!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:55 pm

Post by hiphop »

Civil is town.
leaning acm is town, only because I believe xvart is scum.
mike and ant are not scum together
ant and acm are not scum together
xvart is most likely scum.
I believe ant is his partner

The above is PoE

Can't make out whether I should nolynch or lynch.
Let's put it this way right now if things are random there is a 33% chance of lynching scum. if we no lynch then there would be a 40% chance.
all the town must agree to get a scum lynch, now 4 towns tomorrow 3 unless the doc gets lucky.

Still leaning lynch xvart. But then again, I got a nagging feeling that i am getting played by acm.

questions to free up my mind
Ant-why is xvart not scum?
civil-Do you think that xvart has very high chance of being scum?
Mike- If you knew civil is not scum, who would be the scum team?
Xvart not asking you any questions because of your recent posts. However your info is wrong. You did not lynch me. You died night 2. I was lynched day 4. Unless you still had a vote,even though you were dead(no wonder I was lynched), then you can't lynch me.
Acm- Name your Top two.

Wait... just skimmed iso'd mikemike.
ant and xvart are scum.
vote ant
only because there is already a vote for him.

Don't care anymore to hide it(pretty sure everyone already knows). As I am sure with mad confirming that he was not the doc and all others pushing for it. There can only be one logical answer.

I am the doc. night 1 Nameloc protected Civil. night 2 Ant.

I am unsure of why nameloc did either of these choices, expecially civil. I mean seriously? It seemed to me that Nameloc was heavily suspected Civil day 1. Yet he protects him? Curious.

Anyways unless scum no killed(doubt it, but even if they did there still is a high chance the doc protected a townie compared to scum), then Civil is town.

Pretty sure it is xvart and Ant.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:00 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Wow that looked nice.

I'll just answer the things in my box right now cuz I am tired.

Post 369: I found that to be a weird situation. If he (blanking on the name of the dude who flaked) turned up scum, logically one might have assumed that he left this game cuz he had a town role/non power roll. That is what sparked that little debate.

Post 673: That was my initial reaction. I saw both of the quick votes as a possible opportunistic lynch. Something like you might find on a final day of this game. Over time I changed my mind about Name, and just saw it as being really opportunistic for Mike and I noted that a bit. Again, the No Lynch was my initial reaction. That was dumb though, as I noted later, there is more to this game than just statistics.

AND I CALLED IT!!!! NAME WAS THE DOC!! But wait...he really protected Civil? I'll think about this.
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:09 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Also, I am positive that MAS was town. Nothing between this game and last game was different. It did not seem like there was any enthusiasm change what so ever.

Yes, there is a probability that they did a No Kill on the first night...but I will not risk the game on that. I will not be voting for Civil now.

That leaves Clock and Mike for me...Which really could fit imo...

And can people actually say why they think I am scum?
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:13 pm

Post by hiphop »

PoE :D
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:14 pm

Post by hiphop »

And you never answered my question. Why is xvart town?
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:15 pm

Post by hiphop »

Just to make sure everyone should role claim. If there is a cop, I want him out so he doesn't die tonight.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:51 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

That was beautiful Xvart, just gorgeous. Also, incidentally, thanks for replacing MAD :D
A couple corrections and answers. Had some valid points on ACM. Who I am still a little wary of.

And muchas gracias Robo for the extensiones!

And, amazingly, thank you hiphop. I was definitely thinking that Nameloc was the doc. I was even considering the other night just coming out and telling him that, thinking that he had a pretty HIGH chance of dying at night. But I thought it wouldn't have mattered a whole lot if the person he protected had subsequently died. Knowing that I am still alive and he was still withholding a claim is a little irritating. But he made it pretty clear that if push came to shove (ie- either one of us in danger of lynching) that he would then be claiming. Obviously, if he had died the next night without claiming like you have, then that would have been TERRIBLE.

So's, we go into D-4 with 1 confirmed townie, yes? Nice!

Will probably not be replying to Xvart and Hiphop until tomorrow. Working mucho.
Ant wrote: Also, I am positive that MAD was town.
Like you were positive I am scum? Along with Xvart now, which is totally cool!

You know, MAD lurked hella the other game too. But she didn't wait to be prodded every time before she would post.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:01 pm

Post by hiphop »

Btw Ant- Acm is town, there is little doubt in my mind. Why you ask? Take a look at people's recent comments. Mike has his vote on Acm, Xvart says acm is scum, you say Acm has got to be scum. Wifom though it may be, but it is pretty clear that Acm is town. I highly doubt that scum one lynch away from victory, would bus their partner. And you completely ignoring xvart is exactly what i expect from scum buddies.

That being said I am more confident that xvart is scum, compared to you.
So switching my vote to xvart
unvote
vote xvart
I have come to return the favor of trying to lynch you after what you tried to do in the last game.

Perhaps Ant- you can try to show that you have no ties with xvart by casting your vote too.

Though curious from the fact that you are
so confident
that acm and mike are scum, yet no vote. There's something to think about.

ninja'd by civil- based on your recent post- are you really advocating for a no-lynch?
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:04 pm

Post by AClockworkMelon »

UNVOTE: Civil. Confirmed town as far as I'm concerned.
xvart wrote:The things ACM has noted are legitimate scumtells, and I'm disappointed he didn't press it more or try and convince others to join him.
I don't remember a huge amount of support at the time that I typed that case up and I let it convince me that it was because my case wasn't strong at all.
xvart wrote:
Post 340
: ACM claims Doctor, for no reason and no purpose?
I'm pretty sure it was a jab at Civil and his (mis)use of FOS.
xvart wrote:
Post 348
: Now ACM says he's not very confident that Civil is scum. What about
Post 324
and
Post 334
? Those look like pretty serious accusations to me; but this back peddling reinforced my thoughts (at the time) that ACM and Civil were scum buddies and ACM was bussing his partner on a wagon he didn't think would get any momentum; but also giving himself an out to bail later. Needless to say, the case he presented on Civil was, in my opinion, much much stronger than the eventual case on ZeroFang.

Also, interestingly enough to note, that after Civil gets a second vote by my predecessor, ACM says:
AClockworkMelon, 377 wrote:I'd like to point out that my spat with Civil has exploded far beyond what I expected. I didn't expect him to make an issue at all over that tiny comment I initially made when listing my suspects.
Which is a very interesting comment, which continued my impression that ACM was pushing a case he didn't really want to see go anywhere.
See first comment.
xvart wrote:
Post 492
: ACM is on to Zero, but still won't vote? Once again, supporting the townie lynch but not participating in it.

Post 524
: ACM finally does the honors of hammering ZeroFang.
You say that I supported the lynch without participating only to immediately cite my participation?

@HipHop - Out of xvart (MAD), Ant and Mike I'd say xvart and Ant are the scumpair.
"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast." Oscar Wilde
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:42 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Hiphop wrote: ninja'd by civil- based on your recent post- are you really advocating for a no-lynch?
No, not really, its obviously an option, but I've been onto Ant's act for some time now.
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:51 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

hiphop wrote:And you never answered my question. Why is xvart town?
Last post it should have said MAD and not MAS. That was my quick reason why.
Civil Scum wrote: So's, we go into D-4 with 1 confirmed townie, yes? Nice!

You know, MAD lurked hella the other game too. But she didn't wait to be prodded every time before she would post.
You do know there is no D4 now if you lynch a townie right? Or did you just accidentally mix the number up again? Cuz a lynched townie and a dead doc = scum majority

And she did lurk the last game. She was really close to getting prodded/replaced. Only difference is that game didn't last nearly as long as this game so it didn't happen.
hiphop wrote:you say Acm has got to be scum.
He was the interchangeable one with Name or Mike. Once I figured out Name was the doc, and I decided to trust Mike, that just left him :/
hiphop wrote:Perhaps Ant- you can try to show that you have no ties with xvart by casting your vote too.

Though curious from the fact that you are
so confident
that acm and mike are scum, yet no vote. There's something to think about.

ninja'd by civil- based on your recent post- are you really advocating for a no-lynch?
I'm sorry, but I can not do that. That would be putting a townie at L-2 with two people I think are scum not on the wagon yet. That just spells GG for them and I do not want another loss...

And I do not want to rush into things, so I am not officially casting a vote. There is no need to give the scum an opportunity to easily win if someone is wrong.

AND NO I AM NOT ****ING ADVOCATING A NO LYNCH....(I hope that this time it is clear to everyone.) Like I said in my post last night, that was an impulse reaction. Statistically it is the best thing to do, but realistically it is not. I realized that a long time ago and conceded that I was wrong on that idea.

Also. I thought about this last night. Name's save on Civil makes sense when you look back at the end events of D1. There was a wagon on Civil, and off the top of my head, I remember saying that I was not going to join that wagon because I thought Civil was town, as well as Holycon agreed that a Civil lynch was not good as well because he seemed town. At least two townies that open stated that another townie is town actually does paint quite the target on Civil's back.
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:56 am

Post by mikemike778 »

This is interesting because the way the question is worded Mike's responses read as Civil/ACM is either Scum/Town or Scum/Scum (meaning Civil is scum in either scenario) and ACM is either scum or town. He then votes ACM. Mike: clarify please? Why are you not voting Civil since he is scum in either scenario?
To clarify - I meant that I thought either they were both scum or one of them was scum (ie . I didn't think they were both Town) . There was no significance to the ordering of Scum/Town.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:18 am

Post by xvart »

hiphop, 850 wrote:Civil is town.
leaning acm is town, only because I believe xvart is scum.
mike and ant are not scum together
ant and acm are not scum together
xvart is most likely scum.
I believe ant is his partner

The above is PoE
Are your feelings on me being scum because of my limited play or my predecessors? Or a combination of both?
What about Mike/Ant and Ant/ACM make them not scum together? I ask because I don't recall coming to those conclusions; but, I have a hard time parsing out who
can't
be scum together due to my love of busing.
hiphop, 850 wrote:Can't make out whether I should nolynch or lynch.
How do you feel about mass claim?
Okay, let's mass claim; I think ACM should go first and then popcorn from there. Any objections or other suggestions?
hiphop, 850 wrote:I am the doc. night 1 Nameloc protected Civil. night 2 Ant.
Hmmm... Going back to look at Nameloc's posts D1 and D2... Okay, so Nameloc did call Civil the most pro-town person D1 (although I'm flabbergasted why), so I can see him protecting Civil. It doesn't sit right with me, but I'm willing to operate under that assumption now.

Depending on the results of the mass claim, I wouldn't be opposed to a no lynch today.
Civil Scum, 856 wrote:But he made it pretty clear that if push came to shove (ie- either one of us in danger of lynching) that he would then be claiming. Obviously, if he had died the next night without claiming like you have, then that would have been TERRIBLE.
Where did he make this clear?
hiphop, 857 wrote:Btw Ant- Acm is town, there is little doubt in my mind. Why you ask? Take a look at people's recent comments. Mike has his vote on Acm, Xvart says acm is scum, you say Acm has got to be scum. Wifom though it may be, but it is pretty clear that Acm is town. I highly doubt that scum one lynch away from victory, would bus their partner. And you completely ignoring xvart is exactly what i expect from scum buddies.
First of all, I don't think it is prudent to eliminate ACM as being scum just because people have expressed a willingness to vote for him. Scum cannot be so obvious in their intentions and working together today even though they are in good position. If someone puts down a good case and someone refuses to acknowledge it a scum pair could be discovered.
AClockworkMelon, 858 wrote:UNVOTE: Civil. Confirmed town as far as I'm concerned.
xvart wrote:The things ACM has noted are legitimate scumtells, and I'm disappointed he didn't press it more or try and convince others to join him.
I don't remember a huge amount of support at the time that I typed that case up and I let it convince me that it was because my case wasn't strong at all.
It was the strongest case and the most solid stand you have taken all game. Nobody really supported it because you didn't pursue it or lobby to get it going anywhere and you pretty quickly undermined it yourself when you said that you didn't expect it to go anywhere... I believe you were on both townie lynches while you had a good case on someone else.
AClockworkMelon, 858 wrote:I'm pretty sure it was a jab at Civil and his (mis)use of FOS.
How is claiming doctor a jab at someone usage of FoS?
AClockworkMelon, 858 wrote:
xvart wrote:
Post 492
: ACM is on to Zero, but still won't vote? Once again, supporting the townie lynch but not participating in it.

Post 524
: ACM finally does the honors of hammering ZeroFang.
You say that I supported the lynch without participating only to immediately cite my participation?
What I meant was you were encouraging the lynch but not adding anything to it, and were really only the backup as the deadline loomed. You participated in the lynch as the hammer because the deadline was approaching; that was the only way you participated in the case against ZeroFang.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:55 pm

xvart wrote:
AClockworkMelon, 858 wrote:I'm pretty sure it was a jab at Civil and his (mis)use of FOS.
I
didn't
claim doctor. I said that I was a doc- and by doc I meant a vanilla townie who knew CPR. If you don't get it I don't know how much more help I can provide.

I was claiming vanilla town. Which is what I am.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by xvart »

AClockworkMelon, 863 wrote:
xvart wrote:
I
didn't
claim doctor. I said that I was a doc- and by doc I meant a vanilla townie who knew CPR. If you don't get it I don't know how much more help I can provide.

And what does that have to do with Civil misusing FoSes??

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by hiphop »

AClockworkMelon wrote:@HipHop - Out of xvart (MAD), Ant and Mike I'd say xvart and Ant are the scumpair.
Here is a thought. Why were you so eager to vote civil, yet you don't cast a vote here?

Civil- answer the question that was posed to you here?

Ant_to_the_max wrote:Also, I am positive that MAD was town. Nothing between this game and last game was different. It did not seem like there was any enthusiasm change what so ever.
changed mas to mad for you.
Anyways, why do you think there would be an enthuasiam change, when, from what you have said above, you haven't seen mad play as scum? This makes you positive of mad's alignment . Why? We can even compare it to myself. Xvart you've seen me play as scum, is there any enthusiasm change? What makes Mad different, Ant?
Ant_to_the_max wrote:I'm sorry, but I can not do that. That would be putting a townie at L-2 with two people I think are scum not on the wagon yet. That just spells GG for them and I do not want another loss...
You do realize that the only way you can know that xvart is town, is either you are a cop or scum? And if you are the cop, best to claim now.
mikemike778 wrote:To clarify - I meant that I thought either they were both scum or one of them was scum (ie . I didn't think they were both Town) . There was no significance to the ordering of Scum/Town.
you skipped my question please answer the below quote
hiphop wrote:Mike- If you knew civil is not scum, who would be the scum team?
xvart wrote:Are your feelings on me being scum because of my limited play or my predecessors? Or a combination of both?
What about Mike/Ant and Ant/ACM make them not scum together? I ask because I don't recall coming to those conclusions; but, I have a hard time parsing out who
can't
Your love of bussing, not their love of bussing.
And it was your predecessors.
xvart wrote:Depending on the results of the mass claim, I wouldn't be opposed to a no lynch today.
:lol: :lol: Nice try scum. Remember last game? Tell me xvart, who will die tonight? Will it cut down your scum choices at all? I think not. You as well as I, very well know that you will kill me tonight. I can protect anyone, but myself, therefore scum's logical choice would be me as a guarenteed kill. Who does that help xvart? The answer of course is yourself as scum, because then you will only need 1 townie for a mis-lynch instead of 2.
xvart wrote:First of all, I don't think it is prudent to eliminate ACM as being scum just because people have expressed a willingness to vote for him. Scum cannot be so obvious in their intentions and working together today even though they are in good position. If someone puts down a good case and someone refuses to acknowledge it a scum pair could be discovered.
So that is why ant is totally throwing you out as possible scum/sarcasm.

Maybe you are forgetting the fact, that instead of bussing, scum could be working together. That might throw town for a loop. Oh wait, that is what is happening. Anybody else reconize the fact, that before I claimed, xvart and ant both believed, as evident by their posts, that clock and civil were scum together and that clock and civil put on a little drama day 1? Scum seem to be working together in this game. Can we lynch these guys now?
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:43 pm

Post by xvart »

hiphop, 865 wrote:
xvart wrote:Are your feelings on me being scum because of my limited play or my predecessors? Or a combination of both?
can't
Your love of bussing, not their love of bussing.
And it was your predecessors.
My point about my love of bussing is that one of my faults is that I can't easily identify people that couldn't be scum together, which is because I love a good bus and find it difficult to rule anything out as "definitely not a bus." This is why I asked you to point out why they couldn't be scum together, so if you don't mind, please do so. Also, what about my predecessors play was scummy?
hiphop, 865 wrote:
xvart wrote:Depending on the results of the mass claim, I wouldn't be opposed to a no lynch today.
:lol: :lol: Nice try scum. Remember last game? Tell me xvart, who will die tonight? Will it cut down your scum choices at all? I think not. You as well as I, very well know that you will kill me tonight. I can protect anyone, but myself, therefore scum's logical choice would be me as a guarenteed kill. Who does that help xvart? The answer of course is yourself as scum, because then you will only need 1 townie for a mis-lynch instead of 2.
If there is a cop and he confirms at least one other slot then I would feel better about moving forward. As it stands, we are in MYLO and the best course of action unless we are 100% certain that we have nailed scum, is to go into night with a no lynch. And to be completely honest, I haven't completely discounted you as scum despite you more than likely being the doctor and No Lynching would confirm if you were town or not, because you would be dead unless you were scum. Of course there is obviously the problem with scum throwing WIFOM by killing someone else but I seriously doubt they would do that in a newbie game when they might not kill at all if you did protect their target. You're a smart enough player that coming into your slot with everyone else pretty much confirmed as not the doctor that it would be a safe play. Scum know more about the setup than we do, and if you were scum you would also have a QT that says "shat. we forgot to submit a kill because we lurked" or whatever. But like I said, I'm steering away from that because it is a little too tin foil hate conspiracy theory.
hiphop, 865 wrote:
xvart wrote:First of all, I don't think it is prudent to eliminate ACM as being scum just because people have expressed a willingness to vote for him. Scum cannot be so obvious in their intentions and working together today even though they are in good position. If someone puts down a good case and someone refuses to acknowledge it a scum pair could be discovered.
So that is why ant is totally throwing you out as possible scum/sarcasm.

Maybe you are forgetting the fact, that instead of bussing, scum could be working together. That might throw town for a loop. Oh wait, that is what is happening. Anybody else reconize the fact, that before I claimed, xvart and ant both believed, as evident by their posts, that clock and civil were scum together and that clock and civil put on a little drama day 1? Scum seem to be working together in this game. Can we lynch these guys now?
You illustrated my point exactly. You have identified me and Ant as a scum team because we are supposedly working together. That is exactly what I was saying. Scum aren't going to be so obvious to try and work together, and a good scum member wouldn't pass up an opportunity to slide in a bus if they feel it isn't going anywhere; especially with some fresh blood in here and some new case building. Even if scum are closer to winning than we are they aren't going to be so obvious "tag team back again" all up in this game. My whole point is I don't agree that ACM can be eliminated from the scum pool because a few people have expressed suspicion of him.

And maybe I'm also biased because you seem to be rushing into trying to get a lynch on me when I know my alignment and it will be a town loss immediately. You haven't even really presented a solid case other some process of elimination that I don't think is valid, which is why I'm trying to engage you in that discussion and why I want you to more comprehensively explain why the people you listed couldn't be scum together. If you think I'm scum, it is still in your best interest to explain that to the people you don't think are scum to help you out.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:38 am

hiphop wrote:
AClockworkMelon wrote:@HipHop - Out of xvart (MAD), Ant and Mike I'd say xvart and Ant are the scumpair.
Here is a thought. Why were you so eager to vote civil, yet you don't cast a vote here?
No reason.

VOTE: xvart

It doesn't matter to me one way or the other whether I've technically got my vote on him.

UNVOTE: xvart
VOTE: xvart

As long as I don't have my vote on someone else (like when I had it on Civil earlier) I don't see what problems could come of not having my vote on him. But if it's srs bzns that I do it, there you go.
xvart wrote:
AClockworkMelon, 863 wrote:
xvart wrote:
I
didn't

And what does that have to do with Civil misusing FoSes??

xvart.
I'm not digging up a link, but if you've read the thread you'll know I'd just made a big point about how words have meaning yadda yadda yadda etc etc. My use of doc was analogous to his use of FOS.
xvart wrote:I haven't completely discounted you as scum despite you more than likely being the doctor and No Lynching would confirm if you were town or not, because you would be dead unless you were scum. Of course there is obviously the problem with scum throwing WIFOM by killing someone else but I seriously doubt they would do that in a newbie game when they might not kill at all if you did protect their target.
What's the matter with you? "If you survive the night you're scum." Really?

So if, assuming for the sake of argument that hiphop is town, we nolynch and scum nokills scum wins? You've created a pretty easy condition for them to fulfill, xvart.

If he was a cop I could see it but the scum aren't in a position of "OMG TOTALLY HAVE HAVE HAVE TO KILL THE DOC!"

Was that just a brainfart on your part or are you trying to set up a case for tomorrow in case we decide to no lynch?
AClockworkMelon
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
AClockworkMelon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:40 am

xvart wrote:You illustrated my point exactly. You have identified me and Ant as a scum team because we are supposedly working together. That is exactly what I was saying. Scum aren't going to be so obvious to try and work together, and a good scum member wouldn't pass up an opportunity to slide in a bus if they feel it isn't going anywhere; especially with some fresh blood in here and some new case building. Even if scum are closer to winning than we are they aren't going to be so obvious "tag team back again" all up in this game. My whole point is I don't agree that ACM can be eliminated from the scum pool because a few people have expressed suspicion of him.
I agree with all of this, though.
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:23 am

Post by mikemike778 »

you skipped my question please answer the below quote

hiphop wrote:Mike- If you knew civil is not scum, who would be the scum team?
ACM/Ant

ACM - As I've stated previously, the whole MAD-DOC thing to me looked to me like he was lying - I just don't buy what he was claiming to think. I And unless he was playing mind tricks with the bad guys (which he didn't claim to be doing -) a lie suggests to me scum. Pretty confident ACM is scum.

Ant - I'm not as comfortable with this one but Civil being pretty much cleared, I think Ant is ACM's buddy.

Name had to me seemed to be the least scummiest player and with no counter-claim I'm prepared to go with the doc claim which rules it down to the three of them for me.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Okay, first things first I guess. Got a little behind.

Even though most of this doesn't matter anymore, but will be correcting a few things.
Xvart wrote: Civil ScumCivil Scum:
Post 209: Makes an astute comment about the scummy nature of truncating quotes. In the game I mentioned earlier, hiphop truncated a quote of mine and I called him out on it and declared him scum for some other reasons as well. I actually extending a peace offering to charter (the person who said I would never be able to lynch) to join forces since we were voting each other to lynch hiphop. We didn't, and charter was lynched. Hiphop was scum. I think this is a legitimate scumtell, depending on the original context of the quote in question.
Nothing to comment on
Xvart wrote: Post 233: continues about Parknouie being a lurker.
He'd posted about 3 times in the game so far...so yeah
Xvart wrote: Post 245: Comments that he wants to punish Park for lurking out, but that would be ineffective. Is he less scummy although he continues to lurk? Was he not scummy to begin with? Was he voting for someone that wasn't necessarily scummy? Also says his other suspect is being replaced... Did anyone else notice a pattern here? Don't worry, if you didn't you might notice it later on. Civil's suspects are those not participating? His FoS on Doubtful was actually because he had handled the early votes in a neutral way, if that makes any sense.
Yes, I was voting for someone I thought may very well have been town. That my suspects happened to be replacements...insinuating that that was some sort of devious pattern...well that's just damn rude.

My Fos on Doubtful had nothing to do with that. So, no, it doesn't make much sense to me.
Xvart wrote: Post 272: More lurker suspicion on the person he was voting previously.
I'm unclear here. Are you saying this is suspicious or "bad"? Or is this pure objective reporting?
Xvart wrote: Post 310: Why was he concerned with being third on someone's scum list? Scum don't want to look scummy at all and sometimes try and debunk every little scum suspicion.
Reading the game str8 through seems more effective to me right now than ISO'ing to catch up. Doing both might be best. The reason WHY was
ACM wrote:
You're right. It wasn't anything at all.
As I said, I'd only consider it if I absolutely had to pick a second suspect. In fact, it was such a minor point that it only makes it stranger that you'd react to it being made by throwing out two FOSs and a vote.
So...if you had read the game thoroughly, you would see that I was asking ACM, 'Was there any other reason besides "nothing at all" that makes me your number 3 suspect?'
That's a legitimate scum-hunting question in my book...nevermind how you would like to call it.
Xvart wrote: Post 314: FoSes MAD for unknown reasons he doesn't want to get into it "right now." Later says that FoS to him means he is going to look into that person later. This doesn't make sense with his FoS on MAD saying he doesn't want to get into it right now. If it just means you are going to look at him later, what is there to get into at any point in time? This is an example of why his FoS explanation does not work for me. He clearly had one intention of FoS, but later says something completely contradictory.
What was the contradictory thing that I said? It was nice of you not to include it, but just say that.
Xvart wrote:
Civil Scum post 347 wrote: No one's arguments have been very substantial. For you to claim that anythign I say is a strawman, but your case is not, is pretty ridiculous.

Your case is just as weak as mine or anyone else's. So don't count on that noose.
Bolded emphasis mine. His case is weak? Why is voting on a weak case? Why is he admitting his case is weak?
Out of honesty.
Xvart wrote: Post 528: After the no kill Night One Civil's instincts say Mike is scum. Why Mike?
He seemed shady. Seemed to be hanging around, kind of going with the flow.
Xvart wrote: Post 556:
Civil Scum wrote:
Ant wrote: Setting up a wagon on a townie, and then leaving that wagon for the rest of the townies to lynch one of their own?
IMO, this is not a strong tell on it's own (Ant-"But I never said it was strong..." Civil-"Yeah, right"), and can easily happen in the natural course/chance of things.
I actually think this is a pretty good tell (as ACM I feel was guilty of with the Zero wagon illustrated above). Setting up a town lynch and encouraging it but not participating in it has scum motivations all over it. I don't recall that Civil was actually guilty of this, but his willingness to negate the strength of the tell is an admission of sorts that he was doing that. And, I've found that people that play out a hypothetical conversation based on a comment try and do it to stifle the conversation instead of continue to participate in it. It is a way to undermine the person before the suspicion can get any further.
1-Ant was wrong about Ellibereth. So this point can't be that strong. It happens a lot. Just cause someone is suspcious of someone, doesn't require, neccesitate or even lead them to jerking the wagon down the ole road to lynch-ville. IMHO, this is almost a complete null tell. It happens too much on accident or naturally.

2- I see no problem stifling a one-man conversation about something that is probably not useful.
Xvart wrote: ...but his willingness to negate the strength of the tell is an admission of sorts that he was doing that
Again, if my memory serves me, Ant was using this null tell against Ellibereth, the townie, not me, the townie.
Xvart wrote: Post 595: Wants to vote Holy for strong meta reasons. Why? What meta reasons?
Nevermind. She was doing it a lot in her scum games and town games. BUT, also about twice as much in her scum games. Due to unfortunate chance, how her game history has gone, and probably statistics, it was just coincidence. However, there were also several other decent reasons floating around not related to why I thought she was scum.
Xvart wrote: Post 624: When questioned by Elli about his meta reason for wanting to vote Holy, he says:
Civil Scum wrote:
It's something totally subconcious I think. I don't want to explain it.
If I'm right I'd be willing to go into it, if I'm feeling generous towards Holycon for some reason.
And, if I'm wrong, well...

At any rate, I'm going to vote: Holycon

You'll have to come up with your own reasons for now. Like ACM has, many of which appear decent I might add.
Woah woah woah! Meta is not subconsious, especially if it is strong meta. You either have a reason from outside sources or you don't. A subconscious justification is called gut. This is making it appear like he was ramping up to get on the Halo wagon, wanted a fresh reason and couldn't come up with anything, so this secret meta but actually a subconscious gut reason will suffice. And the whole "if I'm right, if I'm wrong" thing does not sit well with me. If you think you are right and he flipped scum, what purpose is there to get into it later?
Woah woah, I meant what she was doing was totally subconcious. Honestly, I can't see my comment making sense if it's read any other way. Your extrapolation here sounds a little forced to me.
Xvart wrote: Comes out D3 and says that he has no doubt that MikeMike is scum (again) and his buddy is Nameloc or ACM. Later wants to vote Ant because he was on both lynches and has stayed in the background. There is a pattern developing here of Civil calling Mike scum at the beginning of every day but never following through on it or pursuing it at all. And if Civil thinks he has identified scum between Mike and either Nameloc or ACM, how does that correlate with his desire to vote Ant? Is being on both wagons and staying in the background of the game that much of a scumtell that would override whatever reasons you had for Mike, Nameloc, or ACM?
More speculation, get inside the scums head/plan, which is less than convincing for me.
Xvart wrote: And finally, the following gem. My post is a perfect example of reaction fishing, and Civil's reaction doesn't disappoint:
You sound a lot like Ant here, until it became impossible for you two to try and lynch me any longer.
Xvart wrote:
Civil Scum, 838 wrote: ACM tried and failed, Ant will fail too.1 And if what you actually did was read the quick topic and the last 4 pages to check on what your scum buddy is doing, instead of reading D-1 as you claim.2

It may have seemed like an interesting spat/scuffle early, between me and ACM, but there was a lynch that day too!3 I find it curious that you would not focus on more significant events in D-1.4 And instead chose to focus on one of the scum's present target.5
1 Ant will fail too? So confident in your play are you?

2 Woah. Already calling me scum after posting that I think you are suspicious? This is classic undermining (again) before any real case is presented. And the doubt that I was actually reading D1 is a nice touch.
1- Usually
2- Yes, I think you are scummy. Calling something a "classic" scum-tell seems like a "classic" scum-tell, anyways. I didn't doubt you had read D-1. I said it was curious for you to have been so focused on one event in D-1 which happened to "point" to a scum's D-3 target.
Xvart wrote: 3 It was interesting, which is why I said "I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out."
Should I not concern myself with this event during D2 or D3?
Just because nothing came of it does not mean it is insignificant.
4 Who says I wasn't focusing on "more significant events" during D1? In all honesty, I think your "spat" was a pretty significant event in D1.
Bolded: Sarcasm that is scummy.
Yes, but there were other significant events. And not just in D-1, in the game too. It was me that said that you weren't. If that wasn't true, than you are greatly overreacting at this point.

I think that Ant and Xvart are a mighty suspicious pair. But I can't totally shake the feeling that Hiphop and, ACM could be the scums.
Ant and Xvart seem way more suspicious to me, but I know that can be expected in a game when the scum are playing really well and have a crazy fake-doc-gambit thing working to prefection.

Something that's tripping me up a bit, assuming that it was as obvious to everyone else as I thought it was that Nameloc was the doc- or atleast pretending to be the doc, is why Xvart and Ant would be coming after me so hard. If they thought there was a chance of getting out of this Daytime without the doc-claiming or avoiding the doc-claim, epsecially if they had a good idea that it was infact Nameloc and they could kill him and his information would be useless, why would they go after me and force the doctor's hand like that? Like, seriously why would they have been doing that when it still seemed like the doc might not claim right now?

Also I thought Xvart made some very interesting comments about ACM's play here:
////viewtopic.php?p=2638197#p2638197
And just above this:
////viewtopic.php?p=2638217#p2638217
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:43 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

I thought that being a confirmed townie would be pretty sweet, but I'm beginning to suspect that if someone is going to get used or play the stooge, then it's probably going to be you D:
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:36 pm

Post by hiphop »

xvart wrote:My point about my love of bussing is that one of my faults is that I can't easily identify people that couldn't be scum together, which is because I love a good bus and find it difficult to rule anything out as "definitely not a bus." This is why I asked you to point out why they couldn't be scum together, so if you don't mind, please do so. Also, what about my predecessors play was scummy?
Now you are going into wifom. Why would scum, (we are talking about ant scum here, because the choices were ant/mike and ant/acm) continuously attack someone, mike, throughout the game and blatantly ignore(and I mean, not comment at all, except when he was giving a summary on all players) a townie(not believing it) through 2 days of action. And of course mad returned the favor. That is all the connections that i need. And I already explained, why acm is not scum. I am not going to believe when scum are so close to winning that they would automatically bus their partner.

As i said, it it not what your predecessor did do, it is what your predecessor did not do. Hence PoE.
xvart wrote:If there is a cop and he confirms at least one other slot then I would feel better about moving forward. As it stands, we are in MYLO and the best course of action unless we are 100% certain that we have nailed scum, is to go into night with a no lynch. And to be completely honest, I haven't completely discounted you as scum despite you more than likely being the doctor and No Lynching would confirm if you were town or not, because you would be dead unless you were scum. Of course there is obviously the problem with scum throwing WIFOM by killing someone else but I seriously doubt they would do that in a newbie game when they might not kill at all if you did protect their target. You're a smart enough player that coming into your slot with everyone else pretty much confirmed as not the doctor that it would be a safe play. Scum know more about the setup than we do, and if you were scum you would also have a QT that says "shat. we forgot to submit a kill because we lurked" or whatever.
But like I said, I'm steering away from that because it is a little too tin foil hate conspiracy theory.
If the bolded is true, why are you even talking about no-lynching? If the bolded is true, why aren't you making a case against someone instead? why are you spending most of your time talking to me? If the bolded is true, wouldn't I be the most town read you got? If the bolded is true, would it not seem most likely to you that I will die tonight if you no-lynch? If the bolded is true, why would you want your best town read to die? I don't think you believe the bolded. I think you are scum, trying to make it look like you believe the bolded. Having your best town read die, just to prove that he was town, is just stupid. just plain stupid. It makes absolutely no sense, whatsoever. How is that helping to catch scum? And only it is only something that scum would pull. Seriously, no-lynching now, would only make it, so that there would not be me or civil alive in the second lylo. Why would town player even think of such a thing? And yes, xvart, I as scum in our last game advocated for the no-lynch. Why? One less townie to fool. Think about it.

And for the rest of you- think about whether you really want a no-lynch. And if you don't make sure it does not happen.
xvart wrote:You illustrated my point exactly. You have identified me and Ant as a scum team because we are supposedly working together. That is exactly what I was saying. Scum aren't going to be so obvious to try and work together, and a good scum member wouldn't pass up an opportunity to slide in a bus if they feel it isn't going anywhere; especially with some fresh blood in here and some new case building. Even if scum are closer to winning than we are they aren't going to be so obvious "tag team back again" all up in this game. My whole point is I don't agree that ACM can be eliminated from the scum pool because a few people have expressed suspicion of him.
I on the other hand do. And no i have not illustrated your point. If anything I have done the opposite. Mad and Ant never even attacked each other, nor did they ever agree with each other until day 3. Mylo. one lynch away from winning. i know how it is, because i too have been scum in that situation. Not only that, but one needs all 4 townies to lynch someone. I as a townie, will not be lynching ACM today. Therefore the only way Acm will be lynched is if scum is on that wagon. And if scum is on that wagon, that most likely a townie will be lynched.

and to address your "tag team back again"- well sometimes the answer is staring one in the face. No tricks just plain and simple.

Xvart since you so, unrealistically think acm is scum, who would be his partner? Oh wait, only one logical choice mikemike. Certainly would not be ant, because you obviously tag-teamed up with him./sarcasm.
xvart wrote:And maybe I'm also biased because you seem to be rushing into trying to get a lynch on me when I know my alignment and it will be a town loss immediately. You haven't even really presented a solid case other some process of elimination that I don't think is valid, which is why I'm trying to engage you in that discussion and why I want you to more comprehensively explain why the people you listed couldn't be scum together. If you think I'm scum, it is still in your best interest to explain that to the people you don't think are scum to help you out.
Actually I have, what this town needs is a for the members to get a backbone.

Everyone read Something every newbie should know The part addressed to bouch. Maybe we could get people to start speaking.

Mikemike - So your not confortable with a xvart lynch? Well if push comes to shove, I can guess I can fall back on to Atm.

To me it did what atm did made sense. I saw it right away as I was reading the game. Of course I may be bias because I knew what my role was, and knew that he was showing civil an example(easy to figure out when the pieces are there) But take a look at what he says here after nameloc asked him if his claim was legit. He clearly denied that he was not the doc. If he really wanted to out the doc, he would not have waited only 4 minutes before denying that he wasn't. Obviously he could have lurked 3 days, therefore guaranteeing that everyone would have a chance to respond to it. But 4 minutes? Obviously it wasn't a gambit, but an example.
Civil Scum wrote: I think that Ant and Xvart are a mighty suspicious pair. But I can't totally shake the feeling that Hiphop and, ACM could be the scums.
Ant and Xvart seem way more suspicious to me, but I know that can be expected in a game when the scum are playing really well and have a crazy fake-doc-gambit thing working to prefection.

Something that's tripping me up a bit, assuming that it was as obvious to everyone else as I thought it was that Nameloc was the doc- or atleast pretending to be the doc, is why Xvart and Ant would be coming after me so hard. If they thought there was a chance of getting out of this Daytime without the doc-claiming or avoiding the doc-claim, epsecially if they had a good idea that it was infact Nameloc and they could kill him and his information would be useless, why would they go after me and force the doctor's hand like that? Like, seriously why would they have been doing that when it still seemed like the doc might not claim right now?
Think about it. There were at least 3 people willing to lynch you today. I could have been the 4th easily. You know that you are townie, so would I as scum clear a potential mis-lynch, and i mean, a very high chance. Let's count them, there was mikemike(who's lastest post said he also believed the civil/acm combo. I guess xvart did a good job in brain washing), acm(had a vote on you), xvart and ant(2 peas in a scum-pod). Yup pretty much the entire list. If i was scum, I didn't even have to claim, thereby ensuring that you would get lynch. So answer me this, why would i do such a thing? All I needed was one-mislynch. You know that i know that, so why did you bring it up?

And to the rest of the crowd- Everyone here pretty much believed in the acm/civil matchup. Excluding of course acm and civil of course. If i was scum, all i needed was one mis-lynch. One of them had to be town if i was scum. Therefore, I could have easily sat back and watched a townie get lynched. So tell me, how does it benefit me to claim today, if i was scum? Why would i clear one of them, than openly support not lynching the other? Think about it. All i needed was one. It does not make sense. Because clearing a townie is just plain stupid. There is no logic in fake-claiming at that point. So if you believe i am a townie, then no-lynching today should not be an option.

And i doubt that xvart believes in the acm/hophip combo, whoever heard of the "tag team" of scum. :roll:

Whatever happened to this-
Civil Scum wrote:I was definitely thinking that Nameloc was the doc.
And now after the claim he has doubts.

So would you vote xvart if push came to shove? The only problem is i need mikemike. I need all 4 townies to get this lynch. *sigh* And to think that I am without a doubt confident that xvart is scum, just not so much on ant.

Let's try this
Mikemike-why is Xvart not scum? Why is xvart town? 2 questions please answer them both.

I do however want the claiming to continue just to prove that scum don't try to gambit out the cop tomorrow. So, because the clock is ticking, if you post you claim. Let's see which scum decides to stall.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:53 am

Post by xvart »

hiphop, 872 wrote:And I already explained, why acm is not scum. I am not going to believe when scum are so close to winning that they would automatically bus their partner.
But again, there is a difference betwenn bussing their partner and
bussing
their partner. Throwing out a "yeah I'll vote for ACM" at the point where people were doing so isn't really going to matter in the long run because two people had just replaced in, I had made a case on ACM, and the doctor had yet to claim his results. Anything could have happened. Throwing a "yeah ACM might be scum" is beneficial to his buddy for any number of reasons. I see your point, but I don't think your point is valid enough to override any scummy behavior. And I also know that your POE failed because of the only people left to be scum I know one of them is not. POE is a good tool, but it shouldn't be the deciding factor in lynching.

As i said, it it not what your predecessor did do, it is what your predecessor did not do. Hence PoE.
hiphop, 872 wrote:If the bolded is true, why are you even talking about no-lynching? If the bolded is true, why aren't you making a case against someone instead? why are you spending most of your time talking to me? If the bolded is true, wouldn't I be the most town read you got? If the bolded is true, would it not seem most likely to you that I will die tonight if you no-lynch? If the bolded is true, why would you want your best town read to die? I don't think you believe the bolded. I think you are scum, trying to make it look like you believe the bolded. Having your best town read die, just to prove that he was town, is just stupid. just plain stupid. It makes absolutely no sense, whatsoever. How is that helping to catch scum? And only it is only something that scum would pull. Seriously, no-lynching now, would only make it, so that there would not be me or civil alive in the second lylo. Why would town player even think of such a thing? And yes, xvart, I as scum in our last game advocated for the no-lynch. Why? One less townie to fool. Think about it.
Yes, but I can't get over two things: First: that the doctor would protect Civil on N1 when he was the scummiest person on D1 in my opinion. If it wasn't for nameloc saying Civil was the most pro town I would be going off the deep end thowing this doctor thing out the window.
Second: Civil's response to my first post where I alluded to him being scum.

So I am having a hard time swallowing that Civil can't be scum despite the evidence, and if he is scum, that means hiphop is lying.

But again, I'm not advocated for no lynching; I said I was open to it based on the mass claim. I'm happy with lynching scum today, hiphop will probably die tonight anyways, and I think we will be in the position to no lynch tomorrow if we feel it is necessary.
hiphop, 872 wrote:Xvart since you so, unrealistically think acm is scum, who would be his partner? Oh wait, only one logical choice mikemike. Certainly would not be ant, because you obviously tag-teamed up with him./sarcasm.
It doesn't work that way, because you are eliminating ant from being based on him and I working together. Does not make sense. The point is, if momentum was even slightly looking like it might blow in ACMs direction and ACM is scum the other partner couldn't avoid being on that wagon because it would be too obvious.

Let us get this rolling:

VOTE: AClockworkMelon

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:54 am

Post by xvart »

EBWOP: Sorry, forgot to copy this from another tab.

I know you said some of this was outdated or irrelevant, but I'll respond to the parts I think are still relevant. If I miss something you think is important let me know.
Civil Scum, 870 wrote:I'm unclear here. Are you saying this is suspicious or "bad"? Or is this pure objective reporting?
It was more objective reporting as at the time when I read the thread I was just making notes of things I found interesting or suspicious.
Civil Scum, 870 wrote:
Xvart wrote: Post 314: FoSes MAD for unknown reasons he doesn't want to get into it "right now." Later says that FoS to him means he is going to look into that person later. This doesn't make sense with his FoS on MAD saying he doesn't want to get into it right now. If it just means you are going to look at him later, what is there to get into at any point in time? This is an example of why his FoS explanation does not work for me. He clearly had one intention of FoS, but later says something completely contradictory.
What was the contradictory thing that I said? It was nice of you not to include it, but just say that.
I did say it. You said:
FoS on MAD, for reasons I don't want to get into right now, implying there were reasons for suspecting him.
Then you said:
FoS is a note for me to look at the player later.

It is a contradiction because in your first statement you were saying you had reasons and the second statement you were going to look to see if there were reasons.

Civil Scum, 870 wrote:I think that Ant and Xvart are a mighty suspicious pair. But I can't totally shake the feeling that Hiphop and, ACM could be the scums.
But if Hiphop is scum then that throws you back on the scum table, too, since his doc save on you would be falsified.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”