Newbie 1022 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:24 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Shotty I thought you said DP was scum with KC?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:10 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

nope, well i did, but I don't think so any more, i mean look at the relation
#freeShotty
Kingcheese
Kingcheese
Townie
Kingcheese
Townie
Townie

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:13 am

Post by Kingcheese »

Sorry I've been away for a bit, getting ready for Thanksgiving.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:/prodded

Guys I have limmitted acess because the fairmont charges through the ass for internet usage, I want KC lynched please some one, drop the hammer.
This is just terrible. Do you have any reasons? You haven't said anything regarding why I should be lynched except "he's obv scum" here on day 2. Your Day 1 reasons all were admittedly misread by you yourself shotty. I've asked and asked. You've lurked the entire game. And are playing worse than by blind grandmother honestly. I know Vox will rip me for this but my opinion on Shotty is changing.
DavidParker wrote:How is asking someone to hammer someone who will flip scum a bad thing to do!
You seem to be defending Shotty a lot this game DP. I'd imagine it's pretty tough to do considering how badly he's played. Why are you compelled to defend shotty's false logic with your own false logic?

You will probably hang me for this, but I believe its a good idea to say. I'm beginning to see that my previous assumption that Shotty and DP are scum buddies is shifting. I believe it is merely no longer a discussion point but the truth. This is followed by a short player analysis.

Shotty: Has lurked the entire game. I believe he was town previously because of how little time he has spent in this game. However I did say in a post to Vox that lurking could be scummy or an uninterested townie motive. I'm shifting to a scummy opinion.

DavidParker: Has defended shotty a lot with all (one) of his accusatory posts against me and not mentioned anything other than things at the start of the game. He also has defended shotty openly in most of his posts. All of my previous points on DP also apply here. Also his disapproval about discussing apparently anything with me is obviously fishy.

I was asked previously I believe by Vox what I thought of Leech and TL and I missed that so I'll answer it here.

Leech & TL: I believe it is Town vs. Town arguing. To me alot of TL's posts were questionable but matched the play style I pressed him on at the beginning of the game. I also think that if he was scum he wouldn't have admitted to lying. But it could change depending on what happens pretty easily. Leech on the other hand I'm getting a solid town read from. He shares alot of the same thought process I go through when I'm looking at the other players posts. I believe the previous thoughts about him leading the game were Leech with a town motive for doing so or an over analysis of his posts by me. He has defended me a lot regarding DP and Shotty. However a lot of his posts are as previously mentioned of my same thought process and I do not think that scum would attempt to defend a townine at this point in the game.

Vox: Townie read atm. Vox is taking a large part in scum hunting and is offering his suggestions and opinions on all voting wagons.

Vas: Vas is the only one I would also consider to may be scum however it is a slight scum read. It is slight as in I don't have any support my feelings but I do feel his last post was a little fishy as well as his DP vote.

Vas a question for you. If you voiced at first that you thought DP was town why are you changing your vote so suddenly to DP. I understand your reasons as they are some of my own but what compelled you to quickly shift your opinion.
Show
The Shortcomings of drmyshottyizsik:

"or we could let me live until lylo", Vanilla Townie. Forgot it was LYLO. Town LOSS

"king is obv scum, end of story", Vanilla Townie. Too good to give reasons. Town LOSS

Nope, YAY I scum!", Vanilla Townie. Faked scum during twilight. Town LOSS
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

V/LA Saturday-Monday

Internet-light tomorrow til Saturday; Monday and Tuesday.

Thanks!

-Vel
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Leech wrote:Where have I ever tried to avoid people suspecting me? In fact, my assessment that at least one member of the scum is an experienced player, actually includes the possibility of me being scum. I never discourage scumhunting, even if I'm the subject. Towns that rule out suspects as potential scum, lose games. I will point out, that you're side-stepping to address concerns that were never made.
Well that was a response that was as compressed as it could have been. Your #349, the first part anyway, is basically 'Why are you suspecting me for stuff I've done in Newbie 1020?'. And then the second part is on DP which I've commented on. No sidestepping.
Leech wrote:He had to answer for his actions to justify his vote on me. If he still maintained that he had a scum read on Shotty he couldn't really justify a vote on me, because the only reason he can come up with for me being scum is that I post walls. The fact that he's changing his story is in no way a town tell. Hell, he's not even admitting a mistake, he's admitting that he lied. In fact, he said "I admit to lying D2, not D1." That's not even a statement reassuring us that he's telling the truth, that's simply saying he hasn't ADMIT to lying in the previous phase of the game. I do not believe this is a townie reaction, because a townie wouldn't have had to lie in the first place. Considering so many people were for a sheer PL on Shotty, he didn't have to keep lying saying he believed he was scum, when he could have just as easily said that he was endorsing a PL at that point. Instead of being truthful he decided to lie? Why would a townie deceive in that manner?

I cannot justify a Town-TL for those reasons. It's far, far more likely that he's scum than town.
Yes, you've already said most of that. I was arguing that TL made a much more townier reaction by flat out admitting instead of trying to stay consistent. I'm getting some Townie vibes from TL with his statement that he won't move his vote.

See, if he was scum, he'd like to keep his options open. With such an ultimatum on his vote, the moment he switches votes, that'll look pretty bad won't it? It looks real Townie from my point of view, regardless of the mistakes he's made.
Leech wrote:Vas, one comment you made in this game is extremely troubling to me, all things considered:
When this game had just started, I wrote that off as just a note that we were in two games at the same time. However, considering you flipped scum that statement has many more implications. I'd like to explain to me, exactly what you meant by that.
You're reading way too much into that. I'm a bit of a playful type~ I like to tease the people I play with~. Do you think that that is more likely to come from scum-me?
KC wrote:Vas a question for you. If you voiced at first that you thought DP was town why are you changing your vote so suddenly to DP. I understand your reasons as they are some of my own but what compelled you to quickly shift your opinion.
He has recently been trying to secure multiple mislynches which is extremely malicious play. I thought that he was Townie when he replaced in, but that read has evolved.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:13 am

Post by TheLonging »

Leech, let me explain to you ONE last time about my statement, why you should STOP misrepping me:

First of all, I said D1, I thought shotty was scum. Today, I KNEW he was town, but said he was scum because I wanted a PL on him because I didn't want to admit I was wrong. What I said was that I'm admitting today I pushed him because of PL reasons, and I apologized for that.

I think you should misrep me more though, it's quite amusing.
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
Kingcheese
Kingcheese
Townie
Kingcheese
Townie
Townie

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:46 am

Post by Kingcheese »

TheLonging wrote:Leech, let me explain to you ONE last time about my statement, why you should STOP misrepping me:

First of all, I said D1, I thought shotty was scum. Today, I KNEW he was town, but said he was scum because I wanted a PL on him because I didn't want to admit I was wrong. What I said was that I'm admitting today I pushed him because of PL reasons, and I apologized for that.

I think you should misrep me more though, it's quite amusing.
What makes you so certain he is town today more so than yesterday?
Show

"or we could let me live until lylo", Vanilla Townie. Forgot it was LYLO. Town LOSS

"king is obv scum, end of story", Vanilla Townie. Too good to give reasons. Town LOSS

TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by TheLonging »

read between the lines.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:32 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Yeah, I can see four possible outcomes for TL vs Leech. 3/4 have one of them as scum. Depending on whether or not Leech continues to push TL, it will be easier to see which is the case. There is one outcome where both are town. We'll see.

I can see the DP case if I look for it. It doesn't scream scum as much as KC's scumminess has,
but
KC's recent play suggests he's changing. I can't tell if this is due to scum-backtracking-under-pressure, or town-realising-a-mistake. The "Vox will skin me for this" sounds like the latter, and I'd like to see how this evolves over the next few days.

DP; what do you make of the wagon on you? Are you surprised that Vas voted for you?

*This can be explained tomorrow if need be as at least one person who can explain it will be alive.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:37 am

I still find KC so!! scummy thouogh,
#freeShotty
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:06 am

Post by TheLonging »

Actually the "vox will rip me for this" sounds a bit like subtle appealing
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

Kingcheese
Kingcheese
Townie
Kingcheese
Townie
Townie

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:32 am

Post by Kingcheese »

TheLonging wrote:Actually the "vox will rip me for this" sounds a bit like subtle appealing
How so? Me and Vox have went back and forth about me thinking shotty was town and now that I am changing my opinions I assumed I would be seeing walls of accusatory posts. More like foreshadowing then appealing.

And Shotty is in the same boat as DP in not addressing any of my questions or concerns. Shotty still hasen't answered WHY he thinks I'm scum and I doubt he will.
Show

drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:42 am

LIES!
#freeShotty
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:06 am

Post by DavidParker »

I'm not surprised KC is voting me and started a wagon on me. It was an easy wagon to start. With that said, the "omgus" wagon he started on me isn't what I found scummy. If I was town in his position I probably would have acted somewhat similar to him except I probably would have thought the person attacking me was town because recklessness generally comes from town. However, as emotions get in the way I can see why KC sees me as scum, but I am a bit more surprised that Vas voted for me although it doesn't really bother me all that much.

KC is still fixated on those questions of his and just trying to distract town from the real issue: he is scum.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:15 am

yep
#freeShotty
Kingcheese
Kingcheese
Townie
Kingcheese
Townie
Townie

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Kingcheese »

DavidParker wrote:I'm not surprised KC is voting me and started a wagon on me. It was an easy wagon to start. With that said, the "omgus" wagon he started on me isn't what I found scummy. If I was town in his position I probably would have acted somewhat similar to him except I probably would have thought the person attacking me was town because recklessness generally comes from town. However, as emotions get in the way I can see why KC sees me as scum, but I am a bit more surprised that Vas voted for me although it doesn't really bother me all that much.

KC is still fixated on those questions of his and just trying to distract town from the real issue: he is scum.
That's an interesting analysis except it is not an OMGUS vote. I'm voting you for the same reasons that Leech has and I think Vas is.

I'm not really fixated on the answers to the questions I'm asking him but his refusal to answer them. It really isn't to difficult. Wish we would have Pl'ed him. If he was interested in becoming a player in this game he may want to answer some questions. Not answering questions is not a pro town thing if I'm not mistaken. :roll:
Show

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:14 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Official Vote Count

Leech - 1 (TheLonging)
Kingcheese - 3 (drmyshottyizsik, DavidParker, AurorusVox)
TheLonging - 1 (Leech)
DavidParker - 2 (Kingcheese, VasudeVa)

Not Voting - 0 ()

4 to Lynch.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:27 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Soo, 3 days to deadline. Need claims and discussion time and stuff.

@mod: Please prod Leech. He hasn't posted in 4 days. And...whoever else I guess

---
I promise I'll do a more indepth read tommorow-ish.

People I'm not willing to Lynch: Leech, TL.
People I'm willing to lynch: DP, maayybe KC if we were really forced to.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:25 pm

Post by DavidParker »

We have 3 days until deadline btw.
Kingcheese
Kingcheese
Townie
Kingcheese
Townie
Townie

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:54 am

Post by Kingcheese »

Since no ones jumped in for awhile I'd like to ask DP a short question.

What are your thoughts on the other players excluding me. What are your reads on them etc.
Show

DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:07 am

Post by DavidParker »

i'd rather not give scum a shopping list to plan their nightkills with (ie: tell them who i think is definitely town as it helps them plan their night kills easily).

I'm quite satisfied with my current vote/case on you and don't wish to reveal all of my thoughts this close to deadline considering we aren't in LYLO.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:28 am

someone hammer before deadline please
#freeShotty
Kingcheese
Kingcheese
Townie
Kingcheese
Townie
Townie

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by Kingcheese »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:someone hammer before deadline please
Are you afraid of actually taking part in the game? You've been going with the flow and following DP for awhile now. Not answering anyone's questions. Not answering anyone about anything of any significance. "he's obv scum" "someone hammer before deadline" "lolz"

I have no problem with anyone voting me contradictory to what DP stated with his analysis of an OMGUS vote. However I do have a problem with voting just to go with the flow and not giving any reasoning. Shotty, you've been riding this wagon the entire day. None of your posts show any significance this day. I suggest you man up and start participating or you'll feel the all to common sequence of events that ends up with rope around your neck.

Vox and to a lesser extent DP have shared their opinions and I'm content with that. They have legitimate reasons for voting the way they did. You however Shotty, have absolutely no reason for voting me. This is the last time I'll ask: What are your reasons for voting the way you did? At this point I am almost content with "he smells bad." (sarcasm)
Show

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:10 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Leech has been prodded.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:51 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Not much has happened in the time I've been away...KC is still hovering around the almost-convincing-me-to-switch-my-vote stage, but DP is hovering around the almost-but-not-quite-enough-to-convince-me-to-switch-my-vote stage. I think while I'm on a knife-edge like this, it's better coming down on the one who's already claimed...

-KC, do you think TL is scum?
-Vas, KC has already claimed (VT). What do you have to discuss about it?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”